picks

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

Schillaci
Club Player

Re: picks

on the outer wrote: Thu 18 Oct 2018 1:41pm Yes - Except

From AFL website http://www.afl.com.au/afl-hq/the-afl-ex ... ie-players

MINIMUM NUMBER OF ROOKIES
Rookie lists are now recognised as a key list management tool and designating a minimum number of rookies is no longer necessary as it is purely a club decision.

So there are no "Rookie Slots to be filled"

Also

Marshall and Pierce both listed as Rookies on Saints website. if Marshall and Pierce have to be upgraded, 4 Picks
This is likely IMO.
Outs - Stevens, Goddard, Wright, Minchington, Gilbert, Freeman, Hickey, Weller
Ins - Hannebery, Kent
Marshall and Pierce upgraded and we only need to use 4 picks.
Picks 4, 36, 46, 67
May as well keep #4 but if it became 8, 16, 36, 46 I'd be okay with that too.

saintsRrising
Saintsational Legend

Pick 8.

Why are some happy to trade down for that pick? Some players are F/S or Academy and so will not be available.

Pick 8 looks likely to me to just miss out on the elite pool of players. So even factoring an extra pick/s why are some happy to trade for a deal with pick 8?

Flying the World in comfort thanks to FF Points....
8bloggs
Club Player

I thought each club had to ensure they made at least 3 selections in the National Draft - can anyone confirm this and if so, does this exclude rookie upgrades?
If 3 selections are required that exclude rookie upgrades then I can understand bringing in picks 36 and 46 for 28 makes a better case - the third pick moves up from 67 to 46 (although the second slips to 36 from 28).

saintsRrising
Saintsational Legend

8bloggs wrote: Thu 18 Oct 2018 9:53pm I thought each club had to ensure they made at least 3 selections in the National Draft - can anyone confirm this and if so, does this exclude rookie upgrades?
If 3 selections are required that exclude rookie upgrades then I can understand bringing in picks 36 and 46 for 28 makes a better case - the third pick moves up from 67 to 46 (although the second slips to 36 from 28).
Each club gets as many picks as they need though. Extras are just at the end.

Flying the World in comfort thanks to FF Points....
the dome
Club Player

# 4

Pick 4 looks likely to give us a great chance this year to bring in a genuine elite player.
One more potentially elite player on board especially in the middle could be the making of our Saintly crew.

@ Pick 4 we could by being in the frame & with a bit of luck bring in the next Lenny Hayes or Robert Harvey
(not trying to put any pressure on talented inclusions) to help build a much needed engine room that can mix it with the best. 8-)