The Flux 2018 Daft Report: Saint’s need to build up – <edited by mods> So chow down!

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

Joffa Burns
Saintsational Legend

Re: The Flux 2018 Daft Report: Saint’s need to build up – <edited by mods> So chow down!

saynta wrote: Mon 26 Nov 2018 11:45am
tedtheodorelogan2018 wrote: Mon 26 Nov 2018 11:33am Lol Joffa B. As if some posters had no idea. 🙄🙄🙄

Anyway, moderator made his decision. Adhere to it or forget it like an adult.
Not many adults around here mate, or so it would appear judging from all the squawking.
You are correct, there is a filthy, dirty, disgusting little schoolboy who posted a sick link to an urban dictionary meaning and copied and pasted the content on this site.

He certainly should have copped a permanent ban but appears to have avoided it with his constant online brown nosing and butt kissing of the site administrator.

Filthy little twerp!

Proudly assuming the title of forum Oracle and serving as the inaugural Saintsational ‘weak as piss brigade’ President.
tedtheodorelogan2018
SS Life Member

Re: The Flux 2018 Daft Report: Saint’s need to build up – <edited by mods> So chow down!

Only the posters with guts and ticker will ever admit they knew what it meant. Maybe they can name themselves. They know who they are.

All irrelevant anyway. The mod has banned it. Read the thread he posted at the top. Makes alot of sense so its time to move on old Joffa boy.

Posters that have admitted they were wrong about Hanna's gastro and the club didn't create a cover story.
Total = 1.
degruch
Saintsational Legend

Thankfully under review, I have confidence sanity will prevail and --> 'cho <-- (pretty good solution!), will get a contract extension :D

brewski
Club Player

Shaggy wrote: Sun 25 Nov 2018 9:43pm
brewski wrote: Sun 25 Nov 2018 7:51pm That's not a law genius, where did you extract that doozy of info from hahaha......you know its all you overly sensitive flogs that are ruining this country, now we need to check with the political correctness nazis before we can post anything, seriously what is this joint becoming...next you will tell me i cant write here how moist my cake was because you will get offended
i will choose to continue using the word Cho because its not offensive, i grew up with 2 lads with Richardson as their last name and have called them Cho and lil Cho for more than 30 years, so yes BFUSA cho can be a nickname for Richardson...and guess what people i told them about this forum conversation and they are still not offended, they actually thought it was funny ....who would imagine that right??
So if the coach would like to jump on this forum and tell us all that we are offending him i will consider refraining from using it in future but i cant accept that people here are speaking on his behalf because they assume he is offended...go be a martyr somewhere else.
#itsoktobewhite
Cho is not offensive but there was an added "the" and I doubt Allan Richardson will ever know or care.

The poster whom I believe first used the nickname was quite vitriolic and appeared full of hate at the time.

Some may think it is funny and freedom of speech but I think it was a mental health problem.

Others who have used it since of course not.

IMO the nick needs to be banned for the poster's benefit, not Richardson.

Be better not bitter!
This thread keeps on giving :) so we all accept the word Cho is not offensive but only if you put "the" in front of it, well i hope that's what you mean because if the word "the" is now considered offensive i'm gonna have some problems constructing my sentences in the future.
i can only assume the original post for this term you refer to was viewtopic.php?f=1&t=96381 if so i am really struggling to find the vitriol in it unless it was the one piece redacted with "edit by mod" and as i cant read that information i can only give an opinion on content available and have to say, it was one of the most tamest threads i have seen on here, but as you must be an expert in the field of psychology and able to ascertain an individuals mental health, i will just have to take your word for it.
People sensitivities are not my concern here, someone may be offended by the word cucumber because it has additional uses other than in the food chain but this is the problem of the person taking offence, not mine.
As we now use the urban Dictionary as our literary standard for saintsational i would like to point out that i may be offended by some of the user names here, should they be banned??
(below are extracted directly from our new bible the Urban Dictionary will try to censor to PG13 but apologies in advance if any offence caused ;) because some of us are a sensitive little bunch)

Take away
Used to refer to a person who is picked up at a party or other social gathering purely for s*x.
John:Did you hear? Becky was a take away at last night's party.
Kevin:Oh please. She's a take away at every party.

shaggy
The guy that gave scooby h**d in episode #69.
Give it back to shaggy, he was sucking it better.

Theodore
Theodore's rather to be known as Ted and can be fun to hang around with but after around 30 seconds get really bloody annoying doesn't have many friends and is always extra h*rny even when it comes to looking at his friends.

stonecold
1. anything goes in the bedroom
2. the act of sl*tting
3. s*xual liberal with no remorse
"Kristen is a stonecold sl*t."
"Dude, I would go stonecold for her in a minute."

Be careful what you wish for, because offence can be found in probably nearly every word if you look hard enough, this site is about our freedom to express ourselves and our opinion about something we are very passionate about our Saints and this ridiculous censorship has no place here.

Banned by the censors
The_Dud
Saintsational Legend

saynta wrote: Mon 26 Nov 2018 11:45am
tedtheodorelogan2018 wrote: Mon 26 Nov 2018 11:33am Lol Joffa B. As if some posters had no idea. 🙄🙄🙄

Anyway, moderator made his decision. Adhere to it or forget it like an adult.
Not many adults around here mate, or so it would appear judging from all the squawking.
Again, as someone who is apparently highly upset by disparaging nicknames for St Kilda employees, how many times did you report the term ‘Hickledik’, which would have been used dozens and dozens of times this year to talk negatively about Tom Hickey?

Feel free to ignore if your hypocrisy is too hard to justify.

All posters are equal, but some posters are more equal than others.
skeptic
Saintsational Legend

tedtheodorelogan2018 wrote: Mon 26 Nov 2018 1:48pm Only the posters with guts and ticker will ever admit they knew what it meant. Maybe they can name themselves. They know who they are.

All irrelevant anyway. The mod has banned it. Read the thread he posted at the top. Makes alot of sense so its time to move on old Joffa boy.
Your inability to provide one example is deafening Ted. We know it and you know it.

Gordo'
Club Player
Location: banned for a spell, things didn't turn out so well, every thread i played, ffs was lucky i stayed!!!

re: the flowering flux 2018 daft report: ffs! saint’s need to build up – it's flowering pro & cho time so chow down ffs!

oh ffs!!! why all the flowering squabbling? :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: and why are people flowering denigrating our moderator? he works flowering hard, ffs!!! (check out his vocal work on the band's new single, over on that flowering pros and chos update thread 8-) ). and referring to him as flowering little annoying dwarf is just flowering not true, ffs!!!

so i’d like to propose we all just flowering calm down over a few drinks at the local. first round, the harvey wall bangers are on me. (can i flowering still say that? :? ) but I hope no one minds if i stick to the water? got to think of the flowering wasteline these days. :roll: :roll: :roll: too many flowering CHOs in alcohol, ffs!

and before i forget, the band has released another single. 'monkey stop motion', whatever that flowering means.

btw, nice work just above big b! :D (and ffs!!! lucky you didn't look up gordo' in that thing! ffs, who knows what flowering nonsense it would have chosen to come up with! :roll: )

Fortitude Fidelity Sainta.
desertsaint
Saintsational Legend

tedtheodorelogan2018 wrote: Mon 26 Nov 2018 1:48pm Only the posters with guts and ticker will ever admit they knew what it meant. Maybe they can name themselves. They know who they are.

for gods sake stop pretending like its almost common usage. no one knows it. the odds of anyone on this site actually knowing it are astronomical.
some immature kid wrote it as a joke in 2007 when urban dictionary was starting to really take off. it is one of thousands upon thousands of bull s*** entries. no one reads through them all. it has garnered a total of 16 likes.
16 people in the entire internet world have supported it as a word with that meaning. 16 mates of the school kid most likely. by now all would have forgotton about it. until now they were likely the only people to have ever visited that page.
in comparison other member definitions like 'saint' (complete with photo of the kids pet dog) - "A cute puppy who is very playful,he loves other animals and he is the happiest taking a bath." garners 94 likes in a year. there are definitions in there with thousands of likes which no one here would have a clue about.
this whole thing is an absurd joke.

"The starting point of all achievement is desire. "
Dis Believer
Saintsational Legend
Location: The terraces at Moorabbin, in the pouring rain.......

Ok then, so it's settled. Cho gets the old heave ho, and from now on our coach will be known as Dirty Sanchez.....

The heavy metal artist formerly known as True Believer!
IF you look around the room and can't identify who the sucker is, then it's probably you!
BackFromUSA
Saintsational Legend

CHO: FINAL RULING

viewtopic.php?f=1&t=96662

AwayInUSA no longer ... have based myself back in Melbourne for a decade of Saintsational Success (with regular trips back to the USA)

"Saintsational Player Sponsor 2007 - 2018"
degruch
Saintsational Legend

I really want my coo ca cho! FREE THE CHO!!!

desertsaint
Saintsational Legend

well i'm just glad 'cho' has no negative meaning. aside from:

Cho
To lose one's state of mind; to go ballistic; to go postal.
"He went Cho and shot up the place."

"Hey, don't go all Cho on me!"
#crazy#insane#postal#apeshit#

2007. 296 likes.

but hey 'cho' is okay. not demeaning in any way. go full bore.

absurdity in action.

"The starting point of all achievement is desire. "
Joffa Burns
Saintsational Legend

But what about “cho cho” ? :shock:

Proudly assuming the title of forum Oracle and serving as the inaugural Saintsational ‘weak as piss brigade’ President.
vacuous space
SS Life Member

desertsaint wrote: Tue 27 Nov 2018 10:02amTo lose one's state of mind; to go ballistic; to go postal.
That's a reference to the Virginia Tech school shooter. It's an even bigger stretch to imply that anybody is using the term in such a manner. Even if you were banning the use of the term because of that reference, in that context the word is an approximate anglicisation of a Korean character. It can also be translated as, among other things, Joe. So, does the ban extend to that name too? Do I need to start referring to Essendon's full forward as Richo Daniher to avoid being disrespectful?

There are plenty of words with double meanings that don't get banned for what they might imply. I know a couple of Richards who are actually quite nice fellows. Context matters. Almost nobody, whether they'd used the term in question or not, knew of any negative connotations relating to the word until very recently. There is no widespread popular usage, which is pretty clear from a google search. Specific people have sought obscure alternate meanings as a means of internet point-scoring, to stifle voices that might be critical of the coach. At the very least, it's distracting from decent conversation, which I'd regard as trolling. It's a shame such nonsense has been encouraged.

Yeah nah pleasing positive
ace
Saintsational Legend

Walking on water is easy.
I do it regularly for 3 months a year.
You just need the water to be frozen like snow.

The more you know, the more you know you don't know.
When I was a young child, I knew that I knew so much about so much.
Now that I am old and know so much more, I know that I know so much about so little, and so little about so much.

If you are not engaging AI actively and aggressively, you are doing it wrong.
You are not going to lose your job to AI.
You are going lose your job to somebody who uses AI.
Your company is not going to go out of business because of AI.
Your company is going to out of business because another company used AI.
- Jensen Huang, CEO of NVIDIA 50:08
WellardSaint
Saintsational Legend
Location: Perth- the best weather in Oz, but the worst rednecks.

chocolate can be offensive, as well.
Check out the first 3 letters

A real Sainter will pledge allegiance to the ❤🤍🖤 and despise the Pies, the Blues, and the Injectors.
Remember one of the 10 Commandments : Thou shalt have no other team before thee
degruch
Saintsational Legend

vacuous space wrote: Tue 27 Nov 2018 6:08pm
desertsaint wrote: Tue 27 Nov 2018 10:02amTo lose one's state of mind; to go ballistic; to go postal.
That's a reference to the Virginia Tech school shooter. It's an even bigger stretch to imply that anybody is using the term in such a manner. Even if you were banning the use of the term because of that reference, in that context the word is an approximate anglicisation of a Korean character. It can also be translated as, among other things, Joe. So, does the ban extend to that name too? Do I need to start referring to Essendon's full forward as Richo Daniher to avoid being disrespectful?

There are plenty of words with double meanings that don't get banned for what they might imply. I know a couple of Richards who are actually quite nice fellows. Context matters. Almost nobody, whether they'd used the term in question or not, knew of any negative connotations relating to the word until very recently. There is no widespread popular usage, which is pretty clear from a google search. Specific people have sought obscure alternate meanings as a means of internet point-scoring, to stifle voices that might be critical of the coach. At the very least, it's distracting from decent conversation, which I'd regard as trolling. It's a shame such nonsense has been encouraged.
Nailed it. If the site was actually moderated, this issue would likely have been chopped off at the knees weeks back. Unfortunately, instead of addressing the whims of posters who should have been warned about their behaviour right from the get go, time was wasted researching obscure sub-culture slang on Urban Dictionary and indulging a couple of attention seekers.

AeonFlux
Club Player

Re: The Flux 2018 Daft Report: Saint’s need to build up – it’s PRO & CHO time boys! So chow down!

Now that we've sorted out that 'definite article' thing, can 'It's PRO and CHO time boys!' please be restored to its rightful place in this thread's title? Thanks Simon. :D

PS: The links showing that those terms were correctly used are contained at the end of the original post, under Ted's urban dietary advice.

ReMembering:
Image Image Image Image

----- Rodger ------- Nymeria ------- BakesFan ----------- Aaron
HarryM wrote: Nope never heard of them :roll:
AeonFlux
Club Player

Bumped.

viewtopic.php?f=1&t=97870#p1789306

Because 'this place' is so much more fun than Big BS. :mrgreen:

ReMembering:
Image Image Image Image

----- Rodger ------- Nymeria ------- BakesFan ----------- Aaron
HarryM wrote: Nope never heard of them :roll: