'Closed' training today

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

spiral3
Club Player

'Closed' training today

Attended the members closed training session today, nice initiative by the club
interesting to see the new recruits on the field
lots going on in numerous groups so hard to track everyone but a few thoughts -

Max King - great mover, only running laps but he really covers the ground well, chalk and cheese with Billy Longer who was also running laps
Has a slightly odd running style though , quite wobbly through the hips, bad thing?

Robbie Young - good energy, as noted by others, very one sided. His legs are quite lopsided, one is much more developed than the other

Callum Wilkie - didn't note him too much, similar look to a few others, seemed pretty vocal and working hard

Dan Hannebery - in everything, working hard, very vocal. looks like he'll be a coaches favourite. heaps of encouragement for team mates - behaved very 'captainy'

Biggy Nyuon - great mover, very fluid, good leap, got his hands on it a bit in match sim drills

Jack Billings - looks in ripping shape, ran some laps in addition to normal training, ditto Jake Carlisle and Jack Steven

Dylan Roberton - full training, great to see him back

Ben Long - very lively, moving very well, nice penetrating kick

Koby Stevens in attendance - good to see him down at the club

Paddy - didn't seem to do much, not a stand out
Nick Coffield - looks in good knick, did some nice things
Oscar Clavarino - did well in running drills
Lewis Pierce - weakest in talls running group (by a fair margin) - but kept at it - worked hard

Jack Bytel - didn't take part in training

good vibe down at the club, nice to see the new coaches in action

new recruits were excellent with the supporters, spent a lot of time chatting with fans and introducing themselves, great stuff

chico2001
Club Player

Re: 'Closed' training today

Beautifully done spiral...….

Myron Gaines
Club Player

Great report. Thanks for sharing.

saint-stu
Club Player

Thanks for the update. Which members were invited?

1ac46a38
footynut
Club Player

Thanks really appreciated!!!

SaintNo4

IS Jack Stevens back training ??

No.11
Club Player

Yeah, Jacks back. Poor skin folds mind you. As well as three others, one a habitual offender.

spiral3
Club Player

saint-stu wrote: Thu 06 Dec 2018 9:36pm Thanks for the update. Which members were invited?
I just got am email fromthe club Stu, level 2 reserved seat holder, dunno if that's the criteria. There are two other dates in Jan from memory

spiral3
Club Player

No.11 wrote: Fri 07 Dec 2018 3:05pm Yeah, Jacks back. Poor skin folds mind you. As well as three others, one a habitual offender.
Any clues or should we guess No.11? 🙂
Only other lap runners I recall were Jake, Langlands and Billy. Max King of course.
Didn't notice Armo or Rice out there

spiral3
Club Player

No.11 wrote: Fri 07 Dec 2018 3:05pm Yeah, Jacks back. Poor skin folds mind you. As well as three others, one a habitual offender.
Any clues or should we guess No.11? 🙂
Only other lap runners I recall were Jake, Langlands and Billy. Max King of course.
Didn't notice Armo or Rice out there

sunsaint
Saintsational Legend
Location: Queensland - Beautiful one day ... you know the rest

spiral3 wrote: Thu 06 Dec 2018 6:07pm Attended the members closed training session today, nice initiative by the club

Max King - great mover, only running laps but he really covers the ground well, chalk and cheese with Billy Longer who was also running laps
Has a slightly odd running style though , quite wobbly through the hips, bad thing?
sidewards movement (waddle) or does the hip look to "roll" forward each stride?

Seeya
sunsaint
Saintsational Legend
Location: Queensland - Beautiful one day ... you know the rest

PS thanks for the report

Seeya
spiral3
Club Player

sunsaint wrote: Fri 07 Dec 2018 4:13pm PS thanks for the report
no worries, sorry, not sure how to describe the hip thing, just seemed to move around quite a lot
Given he's such a big kid hope it's not something that causes trouble

MC Gusto
Saintsational Legend

Skinfold serial offender is either longer or white

Both have been accused before so that’d be my best guess

#1 Ryder fan
saynta
Saintsational Legend

Where are you getting your information on skin folds from?

tedtheodorelogan2018
SS Life Member

Hannerbrey is exactly what we were expecting and are getting. Very vocal.

Posters that have admitted they were wrong about Hanna's gastro and the club didn't create a cover story.
Total = 1.
Jacks Back
Saintsational Legend

My skin folds and folds.

As ex-president Peter Summers said:
“If we are going to be a contender, we may as well plan to win the bloody thing.”

St Kilda - At least we have a Crest!
saint-stu
Club Player

spiral3 wrote:
saint-stu wrote: Thu 06 Dec 2018 9:36pm Thanks for the update. Which members were invited?
I just got am email fromthe club Stu, level 2 reserved seat holder, dunno if that's the criteria. There are two other dates in Jan from memory
Level 2 might be it. Another one of the perks? I have level 3 reserved but have been thinking about upgrading

1ac46a38
66Iwasthere
Club Player

Bit confused about this 'closed' training session. You can go down to a training session at any time, I go quite often. The whole complex is quite open, it's a bit hard to keep people out.

Selhurst Saint
Club Player

saint-stu wrote: Tue 11 Dec 2018 12:18pm
spiral3 wrote:
Level 2 might be it. Another one of the perks? I have level 3 reserved but have been thinking about upgrading
I had a choice of going to training or going to a meeting hosted by the list manager. I think I was invited because I have been a member for over 40 years. I chose the list manger meeting, which was held last night.

"...If there has been one recurring theme through this whole shocking mess, it has been the misguided, inflated egos and their ill-judged determination to cling to long-standing old boy friendships. The bad advice that has guided the selfish and culpable James Hird has not only punctuated this saga but symbolised it..."
spiral3
Club Player

66Iwasthere wrote: Tue 11 Dec 2018 1:42pm Bit confused about this 'closed' training session. You can go down to a training session at any time, I go quite often. The whole complex is quite open, it's a bit hard to keep people out.
Absolutely, hence the inverted commas in the subject. There must have been an intro/welcome to those invited. I missed it as I just wandered in around the side of the oval, rather than through the complex
Always interesting going to watch training, especially this time of year with the new recruits on field

outside66
Club Player

66Iwasthere wrote: Tue 11 Dec 2018 1:42pm Bit confused about this 'closed' training session. You can go down to a training session at any time, I go quite often. The whole complex is quite open, it's a bit hard to keep people out.
I think this was a training session where a select group of members got some exclusive treatment. I was offered to go to Moorabbin yesterday for a behind the scenes talk with the recruiting team and the new recruits but couldn't make it unfortunately.

saintsRrising
Saintsational Legend

outside66 wrote: Tue 11 Dec 2018 2:47pm
I think this was a training session where a select group of members got some exclusive treatment. I was offered to go to Moorabbin yesterday for a behind the scenes talk with the recruiting team and the new recruits but couldn't make it unfortunately.
Yes a good initiative of the club this year was to reward signed up members with a range of "rewards".

I think the footy focused ones such as the Training Session, or the Recruiting Briefing that I attended were a great idea and for footy-nuts made you feel like a true club member rather than just a theatre goer.

It is good to get some club based initiatives going again rather than just being viewed as money on legs.

It was a little weird walking around the new buildings vastly different than the place I used to watch games at, play squash at, have a beer and a meal at and buy tickets in the meet raffle while you waited for the team to be announced on Thursday night after training so you heard it first before the media.

Even watching training was different as there was no mud (!!!) and there were a swag of Saints associated different teams training including the women (which I noticed that Burkey was helping out with with his daughter being one of those training).

Flying the World in comfort thanks to FF Points....