Linton St | Money in the bank - Positive Wed Vid

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

tedtheodorelogan2018
SS Life Member

Linton St | Money in the bank - Positive Wed Vid

http://m.saints.com.au/video/2018-12-10 ... n-the-bank

Good to see the boys helping out on the farm. That sort of stuff is good for young players to come to grips with and to expierence the real world.

Posters that have admitted they were wrong about Hanna's gastro and the club didn't create a cover story.
Total = 1.
Premium89
Club Player

Re: Linton St | Money in the bank - Positive Wed Vid

Good to get some insight from jack Lonie about making the decision to stay with the saints. Must have been pretty nerve wracking being overseas while it was all getting sorted.
Seems like he genuinely loves the club and is glad to be staying.

tedtheodorelogan2018
SS Life Member

Agreed. Good to see Lonie loves the Saints. He could teach a few on here how to support the club.

Posters that have admitted they were wrong about Hanna's gastro and the club didn't create a cover story.
Total = 1.
damienc
Club Player

tedtheodorelogan2018 wrote: Thu 13 Dec 2018 10:30am Agreed. Good to see Lonie loves the Saints. He could teach a few on here how to support the club.
Nah. Wrong yet again young Ted. So very, very wrong. But we are not surprised. Supporting this footy club is not showing blind or is that blinded loyalty.

People criticise because they care. I know. Hard to get your head around but you’ll get there eventually. Maybe.

diddley
Club Player

damienc wrote: Fri 14 Dec 2018 6:51am
tedtheodorelogan2018 wrote: Thu 13 Dec 2018 10:30am Agreed. Good to see Lonie loves the Saints. He could teach a few on here how to support the club.
Nah. Wrong yet again young Ted. So very, very wrong. But we are not surprised. Supporting this footy club is not showing blind or is that blinded loyalty.

People criticise because they care. I know. Hard to get your head around but you’ll get there eventually. Maybe.
That may be the case when criticising the club (players, coaches, and administration alike), but constant criticism and ridicule of supporters who are trying to see the positives, and trying to create a club where supporters are welcomed, is moving so far beyond the point that it is a cancer on the club. You should be ashamed.

tedtheodorelogan2018
SS Life Member

Incorrect Damien and who is "we?" Do you speak for this "we" group?

Read my posts properly. I'm all for just and fair criticism of anything to do with the club. I have always said that.

There are just some really f****** horrible supporters on here. I don't even need to explain that...surely...and Lonie could teach them a thing or two.

Total = 1.
dragit
Saintsational Legend

tedtheodorelogan2018 wrote: Fri 14 Dec 2018 10:19amThere are just some really f****** horrible supporters on here. I don't even need to explain that...surely...and Lonie could teach them a thing or two.
Nobody asked you to critique them as supporters... pretty clear everyone has had enough of your constant trolling s***.

Positive, negative it doesn't matter, nearly every interaction you have on here causes friction and anger.

If you don't like supporters on here, then instead of the constant cowardly digs, just piss off.

Scollop
Saintsational Legend

diddley wrote: Fri 14 Dec 2018 7:14am

That may be the case when criticising the club (players, coaches, and administration alike), but constant criticism and ridicule of supporters who are trying to see the positives, and trying to create a club where supporters are welcomed, is moving so far beyond the point that it is a cancer on the club. You should be ashamed.
It's not a positive versus negative debate. It's about identifying weakness and eliminating it. It's about people power or 'supporter power' and fans wanting to have a say rather than just accepting mediocrity.

Have a read of some of the comments below:
barneyboyz wrote: Fri 14 Dec 2018 9:50am
evertonfc wrote: Thu 13 Dec 2018 11:34pm
samuraisaint wrote: Thu 13 Dec 2018 8:46pm There has been speculation, rumour, and, yes, innuendo, that a lot of people around the club have been getting by just doing the bare minimum.
No idea if this is true or not, but this is what I have heard.
Look, I'd be lying if I hadn't heard it from multiple sources.

We all want to work in comfortable environments and that's certainly what's been allowed to grow at St Kilda. In fact, I'd say it's been encouraged by the board and executive.

However, the problem with that is when you exist in a performance-driven industry. If you're giving 80%-90% of your best, you'll get pretty much that return.

That's a problem in the ultra-competitive AFL world, where 99% effort is enough to get you well beaten.

I've been lucky to have been exposed to high performance sporting environments all over the world and I can't believe how our club has diverted towards this model.

Well, I can believe it - it fits with Finnis, Richardson and the AV Jennings ex-pres, who wanted a non-confrontational model of performance (hint - not my words).

I do understand the utility of this model but it's not appropriate for a club that actually needs to create a self-fulfilling culture of performance and, more importantly, an expectation of performance.

Splitting the jargon: when you walk inside the club, you know the next every training session is the most important one of your life.

We have an absence of that. Watched training a lot this past year and was flabbergasted by the half-baked efforts and lack of accountability [especially after an error, like a stray kick or handpass]. That mentality really played out on game day. I was surprised that it wasn't noticed more broadly.
I have plans to attend (at least) the first 4 home games nvext year. If what you are saying results in similar starts to the past three years, then I dunno if I could do much after that.

I try my best though to be very much 'glass half full' at the start of any season, and therefore believe (hope) that this one is getting some momentum. If not, and it continues as per recent form, then a much larger cleanout will / should occur

4 - 8 wins

magnifisaint
Saintsational Legend

People criticise because it's easier than to not criticise. Too many Donald Trump's on here.

Posting 20 years of holey crap!
tedtheodorelogan2018
SS Life Member

This quote from one of the smartest people to ever live, pretty much sums it up.

"Stay away from negative people. They have a problem for every solution."

And yes, there are simply "some" horrible and s*** supporters on here. Weak as piss supporters to be honest that would be the first to jump back on the wagon when the Saints play finals footy again and then whinge about the club when they can't get a finals ticket.

Total = 1.
Yorkeys
Saintsational Legend

Has any player other than J. Akermanis while standing on his head ever said they dislike the club they are playing for. If you are on the playing list all clubs would be nice workplaces, wouldn't they. Jack is relatively lucky to be playing AFL and is smart enough to know it. Hope he repays the recruiting club's faith, maybe with functioning big persons in the forward line this year his left foot might be dangerous if he gets a game. Is he as good as A. Saad before he was suspended?

dragit
Saintsational Legend

tedtheodorelogan2018 wrote: Fri 14 Dec 2018 11:29am This quote from one of the smartest people to ever live, pretty much sums it up.

"Stay away from negative people. They have a problem for every solution."

And yes, there are simply "some" horrible and s*** supporters on here. Weak as piss supporters to be honest that would be the first to jump back on the wagon when the Saints play finals footy again and then whinge about the club when they can't get a finals ticket.
More absolute trolling rubbish from you.

Shame you can't even take the advice of the quote you posted.

degruch
Saintsational Legend

tedtheodorelogan2018 wrote: Fri 14 Dec 2018 11:29am And yes, there are simply "some" horrible and s*** supporters on here. Weak as piss supporters to be honest that would be the first to jump back on the wagon when the Saints play finals footy again and then whinge about the club when they can't get a finals ticket.
That'd be anyone who doesn't whole heartedly buy in to your lame cut and paste opinions, right? You are the most characterless, flaccid supporter of this club I've ever come across.

tedtheodorelogan2018
SS Life Member

Negative. You just read what you want to read in my posts.

I understand the truthful, positive and common sense posting style I have can upset some of the negative knobs, but that is reality. Again, there are some really s*** and super negative supporters (so called) on here. Facts are facts. Its why so many decent Saints supporters shun this place unfortunately.

Total = 1.
degruch
Saintsational Legend

tedtheodorelogan2018 wrote: Fri 14 Dec 2018 1:23pm Negative. You just read what you want to read in my posts.

I understand the truthful, positive and common sense posting style I have can upset some of the negative knobs, but that is reality. Again, there are some really s*** and super negative supporters (so called) on here. Facts are facts. Its why so many decent Saints supporters shun this place unfortunately.
Nah, you have upset pretty much everyone...time for you to take a holiday. Your gutless sniping, if anything, is a likely the prime reason people would be shunning the forum.

tedtheodorelogan2018
SS Life Member

Only been on here a few months and its been the case for years that people shun it or give up so your post doesn't float on the boat.
Holiday? I'm just getting started. 😁
Plus I might only upset those that don't like their super negative mantra challenged.

Total = 1.
degruch
Saintsational Legend

tedtheodorelogan2018 wrote: Fri 14 Dec 2018 1:39pm Only been on here a few months and its been the case for years that people shun it or give up so your post doesn't float on the boat.
Holiday? I'm just getting started. 😁
Plus I might only upset those that don't like their super negative mantra challenged.
That would be the case, if it wasn't for the fact you've hung sh!t on everyone, then retrospectively tried to pigeonhole people that challenge you as 'negative'. You've been extremely lucky you've not been banned during the silly season, so take a hint, BF beckons.

tedtheodorelogan2018
SS Life Member

What is BF? And no, I haven't hung any s*** on everyone. There are alot of good posters on here like Saynta, Takeaway, Linton Lodger, Bringbackmaddog, Trev from the bush, Stonecold, etc.

The super negative will not like my posts because it goes against everything they believe in and wallow in self pity in to do with the club. Pretty sad for those folks, but each to their own.

Total = 1.
degruch
Saintsational Legend

Got news for ya...some of us glass half full types think you should go elsewhere too. What can I say, no-one loves a troll.

tedtheodorelogan2018
SS Life Member

Ain't going anywhere mate.
Getting bored now. Go away.

Total = 1.
degruch
Saintsational Legend

tedtheodorelogan2018 wrote: Fri 14 Dec 2018 2:06pm Ain't going anywhere mate.
Getting bored now. Go away.
Oh, you're getting bored? You're stinking up the entire forum for everyone, I don't give a sh!t if you don't like it.

tedtheodorelogan2018
SS Life Member

Don't read or comment then. Everyone? Lol. You the spokesman now. Lol.
As I said, this has become boring as batshit.

Discuss the topic and OP. What DO YOU think of the video? A summary? Your thoughts?

Total = 1.
degruch
Saintsational Legend

Spokesman? I'm 100% positive I am ;)

Scollop
Saintsational Legend

Yorkeys wrote: Fri 14 Dec 2018 12:42pm Has any player other than J. Akermanis while standing on his head ever said they dislike the club they are playing for. If you are on the playing list all clubs would be nice workplaces, wouldn't they. Jack is relatively lucky to be playing AFL and is smart enough to know it. Hope he repays the recruiting club's faith, maybe with functioning big persons in the forward line this year his left foot might be dangerous if he gets a game. Is he as good as A. Saad before he was suspended?
He is a lot more talented but he has deficiencies and has cost us at critical times in some games with his inaccurate kicking for goal
Value for money wise he has a lot to live up to, to justify his number 3 draft position
I like the comments you made early in your post and fully agree.
He is earning a truckload of cash because we have to pay a percentage of the salary cap and he'd be up there in consideration as one of our best players.
He's lucky (as are a few of his teammates) that his salary isn't performance based. He will probably realise that he is replaceable soon enough if he wants to test the market and perhaps try and join a team that is more likely to be a contender.
Will be interesting if he does try and please his old man by leaving us for the Bombers and they aren't prepared to pay him anything close to what we're paying him
I don't personally think he will improve much, but I'll be happy if I'm wrong
Was Yorkeys referring to Billings? Apologies for posting here if you were talking about a different Jack

saintsRrising
Saintsational Legend

magnifisaint wrote: Fri 14 Dec 2018 11:23am
People criticise because it's easier than to not criticise.
Critisim: The act of giving your opinion or judgment about the good or bad qualities of something or someone

When I first attended Rostrum several decades ago in order to hone my public speaking skills, at the suggestion of my then boss after he discovered that my first public engagement was not as good as he had hoped, almost the first thing I was told was that I would be crticised and that this was a very good thing as without true criticism it was impossible to improve. They advised me to embrace criticsm and not just when I spoke, but also after others had spoken to provide criticism on their performance.
At the same time it was pointed out that criticism would as per the definition above provide feedback on what I did well, did badly and what I could do , or try, to improve.

That was a valuable lesson for me not just on public speaking, but to use criticism in all aspects of my life.

IMO having people not criticise and/or refusing to be criticised, in the true sense of the word, is a very bad thing. Criticism is vital to improve. Criticism is vital if you wish to be honest with one another.

Flying the World in comfort thanks to FF Points....