Armo Watch

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

Cairnsman
Saintsational Legend

Armo Watch

I'm predicting Armo will be one of our barometers this season.

Hopefully his body is right and he has a really solid pre season. If that happens and he's pushing for selection each week yet being kept out of the side because we've had improvement from the next generation then that probably means we are flying.

If he's getting a regular game and his body is busted up or his form hasn't come back then that probably means...well we all will know what it means.

Has anyone got any insight into how his pre season is going?

Ghost Like
Saintsational Legend

Re: Armo Watch

Very true Cairnsman, I've enjoyed Armo and what he's brought to the Club once he got settled. It was quite sad seeing him in some of the games last season.
Fingers crossed he's had an excellent pre season and can have a big crack at 2019.
If he is fit & being kept out of the side, that is a great sign of our midfield evolving for the better. I don't want to see him running around like he did last year. It's not the way I wish to remember him.

samoht
Saintsational Legend
Location: https://www.amazon.com.au/Fugitive-Sold ... B00EO1GCNK

What might be even sadder is if we have a home-grown barometer with one set of rules, and another expensive and imported, special-case barometer with another set of rules?
I'm wondering if Hannebery will be getting games if his body's still busted up, and if he continues to average his paltry 18 midfield possessions --- because of his superior and costly "leadership skills"?

Sainter_Dad
Saintsational Legend

Where can I get an Arno Watch from - I am currently having to rely on the sundial I have installed in my car - Oh Boy is the heat getting to me!

“Youth ages, immaturity is outgrown, ignorance can be educated, and drunkenness sobered, but stupid lasts forever.”

― Aristophanes

If you have a Bee in your Bonnet - I can assist you with that - but it WILL involve some smacking upside the head!
Cairnsman
Saintsational Legend

samoht wrote: Wed 16 Jan 2019 9:25am What might be even sadder is if we have a home-grown barometer with one set of rules, and another expensive and imported, special-case barometer with another set of rules?
I'm wondering if Hannebery will be getting games if his body's still busted up, and if he continues to average his paltry 18 midfield possessions --- because of his superior and costly "leadership skills"?
I'm guessing the club and coaches are hoping like hell that both these guys are uber fit and available becuase said leadership will take care of itself.

dragit
Saintsational Legend

I've been an armo fan, but it's probably unlikely he'd be on the list this year if his contract had expired last year. If he gets a game, it needs to be in the midfield… back flank was absurd last year.

How many of these can play in the one side:
Armo, Hannebery, Steele, Ross, Bytel, Dunstan? Maybe 3?

tedtheodorelogan2018
SS Life Member

A good mid backup nonetheless. I don't think he should be getting mid time or games before our young and emerging mids.

Posters that have admitted they were wrong about Hanna's gastro and the club didn't create a cover story.
Total = 1.
Dis Believer
Saintsational Legend
Location: The terraces at Moorabbin, in the pouring rain.......

dragit wrote: Wed 16 Jan 2019 10:02am I've been an armo fan,
So which is it - the Armo Watch or the Armo Fan? Personally I would prefer the watch because we have Air-conditioning and ceiling fans at home, so I don't need a fan, but I am partial to a cool watch....

The heavy metal artist formerly known as True Believer!
IF you look around the room and can't identify who the sucker is, then it's probably you!
Sainter_Dad
Saintsational Legend

True Believer wrote: Wed 16 Jan 2019 11:01am
So which is it - the Armo Watch or the Armo Fan? Personally I would prefer the watch because we have Air-conditioning and ceiling fans at home, so I don't need a fan, but I am partial to a cool watch....
Hey Mud - How is 2019 treating you so far?

I agree - a watch is much more useful!

“Youth ages, immaturity is outgrown, ignorance can be educated, and drunkenness sobered, but stupid lasts forever.”

― Aristophanes

If you have a Bee in your Bonnet - I can assist you with that - but it WILL involve some smacking upside the head!
dragit
Saintsational Legend

How do you feel about an armo flogger?

Dis Believer
Saintsational Legend

dragit wrote: Wed 16 Jan 2019 11:09am How do you feel about an armo flogger?
We have already had a number of those on here over the years, so not my first choice......I'll stick with the watch for now....

IF you look around the room and can't identify who the sucker is, then it's probably you!
Dis Believer
Saintsational Legend

Sainter_Dad wrote: Wed 16 Jan 2019 11:03am

Pretty good. I couldn't get the Armo Watch with the date function though, so I am not sure how far we are into the year, so I probably can't give an accurate assessment of how 2019 is panning out right now.....

Sainter_Dad
Saintsational Legend

True Believer wrote: Wed 16 Jan 2019 11:15am
Sainter_Dad wrote: Wed 16 Jan 2019 11:03am

Pretty good. I couldn't get the Armo Watch with the date function though, so I am not sure how far we are into the year, so I probably can't give an accurate assessment of how 2019 is panning out right now.....
LOL - I reckon if you were an 18-21 year old young lady you could get a date to a function down at Linton Street!!

― Aristophanes

barneyboyz
Club Player

Sainter_Dad wrote: Wed 16 Jan 2019 9:39am Where can I get an Arno Watch from - I am currently having to rely on the sundial I have installed in my car - Oh Boy is the heat getting to me!
I have an Andrew Thompson #4 watch. Beautiful bit of kit too

St. Kilda Football Club. Going strong, since 1960 :wink:
Cairnsman
Saintsational Legend

dragit wrote: Wed 16 Jan 2019 10:02am I've been an armo fan, but it's probably unlikely he'd be on the list this year if his contract had expired last year. If he gets a game, it needs to be in the midfield… back flank was absurd last year.

That's part of my point, we are well stocked for inside player and if you overlay the issues identified in 2018 and dream about a fit and firing Armo as a mechanism to put the challenge on the next gen to tip him out then that is highly desirable.

It might also solve the onfield leadership issue when the oppo is trying to take the game away from us when we are in control and there is only 4 or 5 mins left in a quarter.

dragit
Saintsational Legend

Cairnsman wrote: Wed 16 Jan 2019 12:16pm
dragit wrote: Wed 16 Jan 2019 10:02am I've been an armo fan, but it's probably unlikely he'd be on the list this year if his contract had expired last year. If he gets a game, it needs to be in the midfield… back flank was absurd last year.

That's part of my point, we are well stocked for inside player and if you overlay the issues identified in 2018 and dream about a fit and firing Armo as a mechanism to put the challenge on the next gen to tip him out then that is highly desirable.

It might also solve the onfield leadership issue when the oppo is trying to take the game away from us when we are in control and there is only 4 or 5 mins left in a quarter.
What would solve the onfield leadership issue? Armo played 15 games last year.

I don't think someone keeping armo out of the side necessarily means they are playing great football, the guy could barely bend over to pick the ball up at times last year, unfortunately he hasn't been genuinely fit and firing for 4 years now. I don't think it means we are flying if Armo is playing VFL.

I reckon Dunstan will be on the phone to his manager if Dave is playing ahead of him.

Cairnsman
Saintsational Legend

dragit wrote: Wed 16 Jan 2019 12:31pm
Cairnsman wrote: Wed 16 Jan 2019 12:16pm

What would solve the onfield leadership issue? Armo played 15 games last year.

I don't think someone keeping armo out of the side necessarily means they are playing great football, the guy could barely bend over to pick the ball up at times last year, unfortunately he hasn't been genuinely fit and firing for 4 years now. I don't think it means we are flying if Armo is playing VFL.

I reckon Dunstan will be on the phone to his manager if Dave is playing ahead of him.
Maybe re read my post to correctly interpret my meaning and sentiment about the guy.

Harvey To Hayes
Club Player

samoht wrote: Wed 16 Jan 2019 9:25am What might be even sadder is if we have a home-grown barometer with one set of rules, and another expensive and imported, special-case barometer with another set of rules?
Wait until the guy has played a game for the club before bagging out the worth of his selection FFS

The future's so bright I've got to wear shades...
sunsaint
Saintsational Legend
Location: Queensland - Beautiful one day ... you know the rest

Sainter_Dad wrote: Wed 16 Jan 2019 9:39am Where can I get an Arno Watch from - I am currently having to rely on the sundial I have installed in my car - Oh Boy is the heat getting to me!
you must be rich to have one of those new fandangled portable sundials
PS I asked Sainter_Mum if I can have a watch too - but she said it wasnt worth it...

Seeya
Sainter_Dad
Saintsational Legend

sunsaint wrote: Wed 16 Jan 2019 6:35pm
you must be rich to have one of those new fandangled portable sundials
PS I asked Sainter_Mum if I can have a watch too - but she said it wasnt worth it...
LOL - I think you must be a little confused - my wife is Bluebagger_Mum - MY mother on the other hand .....

― Aristophanes

saintbrat
Saintsational Legend

Cairnsman wrote: Wed 16 Jan 2019 8:27am I'm predicting Armo will be one of our barometers this season.

Hopefully his body is right and he has a really solid pre season. If that happens and he's pushing for selection each week yet being kept out of the side because we've had improvement from the next generation then that probably means we are flying.

If he's getting a regular game and his body is busted up or his form hasn't come back then that probably means...well we all will know what it means.

he sounds like many things are now 'making sense' - mental approach seems good.
on radio today.
https://player.whooshkaa.com/episode?id=323673

StReNgTh ThRoUgH LoYaLtY
Rejoicing in hope, patient in tribulation, continuing steadfastly..!!
MEMBERSHIP 2014 31,134 Membership 2015 32,746 MEMBERSHIP 2016 - 38,101
MEMBERSHIP 2017 42,095 , Membership 2018 46,998
MEMBERSHIP 2019 43,106 http://saintsational.net/viewtopic.php? ... 9#p1816890
MEMBERSHIP 2020 48,588 http://saintsational.net/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=100107
asiu
Saintsational Legend

thanx bratty

that was an interesting listen

.name the ways , thought manipulates the State of Presence away.

.tipara waranta kani nina-tu.
Junction Oval
SS Life Member

Yes, quite a bit of all-round experience in Armo now, which will be valuable as a team resource.

It will be good if he can get back to full AFL fitness and contribute more than in the recent past.

stkfc1
Club Player

So Steele and Ross pick themselves. Hanners is going to get a run. So, it begs the question, why did we not try to shop Dunstan around during trade period? (Unless an ITK can tell us otherwise).
The qustion mark over Hanners and Armo long term health suggests thats the onlynreason he wasn't.

Dont get me wrong here, personally I like Dunstan and quite frankly, I'm hoping he's playing well enough to keep all the oldies out, as this is the only way forward.

Cairnsman
Saintsational Legend

saintbrat wrote: Thu 17 Jan 2019 2:52pm
Cairnsman wrote: Wed 16 Jan 2019 8:27am I'm predicting Armo will be one of our barometers this season.

he sounds like many things are now 'making sense' - mental approach seems good.
on radio today.
https://player.whooshkaa.com/episode?id=323673
As always Bratty your efforts are much appreciated, as you would expect I keep a keen eye on the North Queensland boys, and not just ours.

Here's hoping he can rip it up this year, I think if he stays fit he'll feature in the top 10 of this years B&F.