The point of it all

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

saynta
Saintsational Legend

The point of it all

Nine teams lost on the weekend. All of them would now wish they had won even if it was only by one point.

AND our greatest win of all was a one point win in the 1966 grand final kicked by Barry Breen.

A win is a win is a win

Milne
Club Player

Re: The point of it all

Whilst it was great that the boys managed to scrape across the line in spite of some questionable umpiring decisions, performances like that against the worst team in the competition don't give a lot of us any hope for the rest of the season. If we play like we did yesterday against better teams we will not win many games this season.

Let's hope we can start hitting some targets around the ground and keep up the pressure to the level that it was in the second quarter.

mullet
Saintsational Legend

Its great to have a new cult figure in Parker. I like his enthusiasm.

Sainter_Dad
Saintsational Legend

Milne wrote: Mon 25 Mar 2019 11:34am Whilst it was great that the boys managed to scrape across the line in spite of some questionable umpiring decisions, performances like that against the worst team in the competition don't give a lot of us any hope for the rest of the season. If we play like we did yesterday against better teams we will not win many games this season.

Let's hope we can start hitting some targets around the ground and keep up the pressure to the level that it was in the second quarter.
Hhhmmm - I wonder if either of the below teams would have preferred a 1 point win in the first two games last year?

Saturday, 24 March (6:25 pm) Gold Coast 7.13 (55) def. North Melbourne 5.9 (39)
Saturday, 31 March (1:45 pm) Carlton 9.13 (67) def. by Gold Coast 15.11 (101)

“Youth ages, immaturity is outgrown, ignorance can be educated, and drunkenness sobered, but stupid lasts forever.”

― Aristophanes

If you have a Bee in your Bonnet - I can assist you with that - but it WILL involve some smacking upside the head!
twirlyhair
Club Player

Milne wrote: Mon 25 Mar 2019 11:34am Whilst it was great that the boys managed to scrape across the line in spite of some questionable umpiring decisions, performances like that against the worst team in the competition don't give a lot of us any hope for the rest of the season. If we play like we did yesterday against better teams we will not win many games this season.

[/quote

I really don't think you are giving enough credit to GC. Yesterday they weren't the worst team in the comp. That was Essendon. They might be by the end of the season, but I thought they were pretty good yesterday. .

Devilhead
Saintsational Legend

saynta wrote: Mon 25 Mar 2019 10:21am Nine teams lost on the weekend. All of them would now wish they had won even if it was only by one point.

AND our greatest win of all was a one point win in the 1966 grand final kicked by Barry Breen.

A win is a win is a win
Exactly - I have no doubt that the teams/supporters who lost this weekend would quite happily have taken a 1 pt win over Gold Coast than their losses this week.

It is what it is - 4pts - and the fact that we won and were not at our best has its merits

The Devil makes work for idle hands!!!