Team for round 4

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

Yorkeys
Saintsational Legend

Re: Team for round 4

It does seem pointless. Oppositions aren't conned so much any more into developing scenarios around chaps that won't play. Gives us desperates cause for thought though - usually wrong. It would be nice of the club to let us know what players have been promised consecutive games regardless then we wouldn't have to fret so much about out of form guys getting picked. I suspect Sinclair is on a promise. I suspect Webster had special short passing lessons and I expect Parker may not have his boot contract renewed. All in all, I'm very suspect.

Saint wagga
Club Player

Very didsapointed Steven isn’t playing, he’s either injured physically or is mentally crook again...either way it’s bad for us...

Absolutely zero selection integrity with Sinclair and Kent staying in and Dunstan going out...this is the sort of selection that just baffles me and it’s been happening for 3 years now...it’s just confusing which ever way u look at it?!?!

I’m glad Long is in the side.

The_Dud
Saintsational Legend

Mr 33% has done it again!

All posters are equal, but some posters are more equal than others.
Kilda
Club Player

Bewildered that they have retained Parker, Kent and Sinclair. They had better repay the great faith the match committee has shown in them.

guitars4
Club Player

Saint wagga wrote: Fri 12 Apr 2019 7:18pm Very didsapointed Steven isn’t playing, he’s either injured physically or is mentally crook again...either way it’s bad for us...

Absolutely zero selection integrity with Sinclair and Kent staying in and Dunstan going out...this is the sort of selection that just baffles me and it’s been happening for 3 years now...it’s just confusing which ever way u look at it?!?!

Ouch that hurts , no Steven & no Dunstan :? Wow I know Dunstan hasn't set the world on fire but I think he's been better than a few others . I really don't think we can win now , I would have liked to have been a fly on the wall during selection to see why they went this way, obviously Jack is not right so all I can think is maybe it's a speed thing .Are we going to run & gun , use our sublime foot skills & run the Hawks ragged ? I'm not qualified to make such bold decisions :wink:

twirlyhair
Club Player

The_Dud wrote: Fri 12 Apr 2019 7:26pm Mr 33% has done it again!
The coach doesn't select the team. The match committee does. Your suggestion that the coach has overuled the committee is simply a guess to suit your agenda. Fake news. Again.

twirlyhair
Club Player

SaintPav wrote: Fri 12 Apr 2019 6:23pm What’s the point of announcing 4 interchange and less than 24 hours making the final announcement 2 whole days before the game?

Pointless!
Hmm no. AFL rules. Saints final training session today. Simply couldn't name the side earlier or later.

SaintPav
Saintsational Legend

Rules, shmules..shouldn’t you be washing your hair on a Friday night?!

Holder of unacceptable views and other thought crimes.
saintspremiers
Saintsational Legend

SaintPav wrote: Fri 12 Apr 2019 6:23pm What’s the point of announcing 4 interchange and less than 24 hours making the final announcement 2 whole days before the game?

Pointless!
It’s always been like that for Sunday games. Nothing new.

FWIW reckon every team should name an extended bench on Thursday (or Wednesday for Thursday games) and then do the final 22 90 minutes prior to the bounce.

Remember the team can still change on game day!

i am Melbourne Skies - sometimes Blue Skies, Grey Skies, even Partly Cloudy Skies.
SaintPav
Saintsational Legend

If Jack isn’t playing for Sandi then he is either injured or something else is up.

Either way, the club isn’t being transparent with supporters. Unless Ihave missed a report, not happy because I believed the club on the reason why he didn’t play in Perth.
Last edited by SaintPav on Fri 12 Apr 2019 8:45pm, edited 1 time in total.

Joffa Burns
Saintsational Legend

Kilda wrote: Fri 12 Apr 2019 7:29pm Bewildered that they have retained Parker, Kent and Sinclair. They had better repay the great faith the match committee has shown in them.
I think Mav’s legacy was to pass on ‘the pictures’ he was holding. Obviously gave them to no kicks Sinclair and no tackes Kent.

Proudly assuming the title of forum Oracle and serving as the inaugural Saintsational ‘weak as piss brigade’ President.
SaintPav
Saintsational Legend

saintspremiers wrote: Fri 12 Apr 2019 8:42pm

Pointless!
It’s always been like that for Sunday games. Nothing new.

FWIW reckon every team should name an extended bench on Thursday (or Wednesday for Thursday games) and then do the final 22 90 minutes prior to the bounce.

Remember the team can still change on game day!
Well that’s what I mean.

Crossy66
Club Player

guitars4 wrote: Fri 12 Apr 2019 7:37pm
Saint wagga wrote: Fri 12 Apr 2019 7:18pm Very didsapointed Steven isn’t playing, he’s either injured physically or is mentally crook again...either way it’s bad for us...

Ouch that hurts , no Steven & no Dunstan :? Wow I know Dunstan hasn't set the world on fire but I think he's been better than a few others . I really don't think we can win now , I would have liked to have been a fly on the wall during selection to see why they went this way, obviously Jack is not right so all I can think is maybe it's a speed thing .Are we going to run & gun , use our sublime foot skills & run the Hawks ragged ? I'm not qualified to make such bold decisions :wink:
Guessing Dunny misses due to match ups
We got smashed at clearances and dunny's man walters was bog.
He lost walters twice at stoppages that resulted in goals. He is not quick and doesnt spread well and probably isnt able to play anywhere else. Seems we are picking for speed, run, spread and defensive pressure .
Would think dunny gets a call up when the opposition has a similiar paced extractor type or when Longer plays and we dont concede centre taps

skeptic
Saintsational Legend

twirlyhair wrote: Fri 12 Apr 2019 7:42pm
The coach doesn't select the team. The match committee does. Your suggestion that the coach has overuled the committee is simply a guess to suit your agenda. Fake news. Again.
Well for starters he didn’t suggest anything remotely like that but you raise an interesting point.

The match committee. Reckon they pushed Ross Lyon and GT around?

The_Dud
Saintsational Legend

skeptic wrote: Fri 12 Apr 2019 9:22pm
Well for starters he didn’t suggest anything remotely like that but you raise an interesting point.

The Head Coach gets the team he wants. If not, it just shows how much respect they have for him internally...

I’m sure Clarko doesn’t get the side he wants either :roll:

skeptic
Saintsational Legend

The_Dud wrote: Fri 12 Apr 2019 9:26pm

The Head Coach gets the team he wants. If not, it just shows how much respect they have for him internally...

Poor selection isn’t the coach, it’s the match committee!

It does reek of excuse making doesn’t it. What can the coach be held accountable for I wonder

stonecold
SS Life Member

skeptic wrote: Fri 12 Apr 2019 9:57pm

It does reek of excuse making doesn’t it. What can the coach be held accountable for I wonder
Hopefully he can be accountable for being 3-1 come about 6pm Sunday!!!!!

It think it's so f****** funny that so many on here know more than the coaches, or so they think!!!!! 😂😂😂😂😂

'Cause StoneCold Said So'!!!!!

We will be great again once Billy is back playing!!!!!

The 'Last Post', it's the gift that keeps giving 📯📯📯📯📯
twirlyhair
Club Player

Buddy, yes he did clearly insinuate that the coach selected his team. If you can't see that, repeat year 10 English. And again, you are guessing entirely as to the dynamics of a match committee and who has pushed whom.

twirlyhair
Club Player

Of course the coach is ultimately responsible and accountable. That doesn't mean he doesn't work within a group that decides on team selection as a group.

The_Dud
Saintsational Legend

twirlyhair wrote: Fri 12 Apr 2019 10:19pm

Of course the coach is ultimately responsible and accountable. That doesn't mean he doesn't work within a group that decides on team selection as a group.
A Head Coach who doesn’t get the team he wants is no Head Coach. Who knows though, maybe he only has a 33% say? :lol:

Again, do you think Clarko gets the team he wants?

twirlyhair
Club Player

The_Dud wrote: Fri 12 Apr 2019 10:39pm
twirlyhair wrote: Fri 12 Apr 2019 10:19pm

A Head Coach who doesn’t get the team he wants is no Head Coach. Who knows though, maybe he only has a 33% say? :lol:

Again, do you think Clarko gets the team he wants?
He consults. By the way, the dud is up to 34.5%
You getting worried that we might win this weekend?

bigcarl
Saintsational Legend

Exactly. The buck stops with the coach and if he isn’t pushing for and getting the team he wants - after discussion with the match committee, of course - then he shouldn’t be coach.

The man whose head is on the block gets to make the calls.

Sainternist
Saintsational Legend

I'm a little worried about Jackie Stuv being "managed" for the second week in a row. Whilst I hope he is okay, I really don't want this to be the difference between the win and a loss again. Bloody sick of us losing to smug old Hawthorn.

Not sure why Duston was dropped over the likes of Sinclair and Kent.

Curb your enthusiasm - you’re a St.Kilda supporter!!
freely
SS Hall of Fame

Perhaps it was to be stuv for Dunstan but then stuv not good to go. So in minds of selectors long replaces out of sorts Steven.

saintspremiers
Saintsational Legend

Look our coach is a dud - most of us agree with that and that he’s only a temporary issue soon to be resolved.

i am Melbourne Skies - sometimes Blue Skies, Grey Skies, even Partly Cloudy Skies.