Team Round 5

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

Joffa Burns
Saintsational Legend

Re: Team Round 5

stonecold wrote: Thu 18 Apr 2019 9:59pm
Joffa Burns wrote: Thu 18 Apr 2019 9:56pm How the f##k dies Kent hold his spot in this team?

Seriously, how do guys performing in the twos like Hind and Dunstan and even Armo perceive the selection process when a guy like Kent retains his spot?

The guy doesn’t tackle, is soft as butter at the contest and barely gets the ball.

Did they guarantee him Game when he signed?

FFS, this is a joke!

Ever heard of like for like Corf?????

Get over it!!!!!
Ever heard of rewarding on form and performance Stonecold?

Ever heard of enticement where number if Games are guaranteed?

Answer me one question.

Do you believe Kent has earned his place in the team through performance?

He’s as soft as butter, doest tackle and barely gets the pill. What does he actually do that warrants retention?

Proudly assuming the title of forum Oracle and serving as the inaugural Saintsational ‘weak as piss brigade’ President.
stonecold
SS Life Member

Joffa Burns wrote: Thu 18 Apr 2019 10:52pm
stonecold wrote: Thu 18 Apr 2019 9:59pm
Joffa Burns wrote: Thu 18 Apr 2019 9:56pm How the f##k dies Kent hold his spot in this team?

Seriously, how do guys performing in the twos like Hind and Dunstan and even Armo perceive the selection process when a guy like Kent retains his spot?

The guy doesn’t tackle, is soft as butter at the contest and barely gets the ball.

Did they guarantee him Game when he signed?

FFS, this is a joke!

Ever heard of like for like Corf?????

Get over it!!!!!
Ever heard of rewarding on form and performance Stonecold?

Ever heard of enticement where number if Games are guaranteed?

Answer me one question.

Do you believe Kent has earned his place in the team through performance?

He’s as soft as butter, doest tackle and barely gets the pill. What does he actually do that warrants retention?
So, in your eye's, he's the new Mav!!!!!

You won't like this, however, he plays his role, something you don't seem to understand!!!!! ;)

'Cause StoneCold Said So'!!!!!

We will be great again once Billy is back playing!!!!!

The 'Last Post', it's the gift that keeps giving 📯📯📯📯📯
Joffa Burns
Saintsational Legend

If the role he plays is not getting the ball, not tackling and not committing his body at the contest he’s leading the league in his position :lol:

Proudly assuming the title of forum Oracle and serving as the inaugural Saintsational ‘weak as piss brigade’ President.
stonecold
SS Life Member

Yeap, that's it!!!!!

tedtheodorelogan2018
SS Life Member

Good selections and makeup. We picked a quick side to beat Melbourne's slowish side and midfield.

Posters that have admitted they were wrong about Hanna's gastro and the club didn't create a cover story.
Total = 1.
stonecold
SS Life Member

tedtheodorelogan2018 wrote: Thu 18 Apr 2019 11:16pm Good selections and makeup. We picked a quick side to beat Melbourne's slowish side and midfield.
Especially Kent, given Parker may not get up and Young may debut, maybe!!!!!

tedtheodorelogan2018
SS Life Member

stonecold wrote: Thu 18 Apr 2019 11:18pm
tedtheodorelogan2018 wrote: Thu 18 Apr 2019 11:16pm Good selections and makeup. We picked a quick side to beat Melbourne's slowish side and midfield.
Especially Kent, given Parker may not get up and Young may debut, maybe!!!!!
Of course. All players in the side deserved their spot and are playing their part. Even if a player has a down week it seems the selectors will back them in to get the team makeup right. E.g. Sinclair after Freo

I like it.

Posters that have admitted they were wrong about Hanna's gastro and the club didn't create a cover story.
Total = 1.
vacuous space
SS Life Member

We need Mav Kent for the implied tackles and scoreboard impasse.

Yeah nah pleasing positive
Joffa Burns
Saintsational Legend

vacuous space wrote: Thu 18 Apr 2019 11:28pm We need Mav Kent for the implied tackles and scoreboard impasse.
Yep, I wonder if Mav Kent is leading the league in inferential statistics? :wink:

Mav Kent - genius!
The best comedy is based on truth :lol:

tedtheodorelogan2018
SS Life Member

Great supporters. Not.

Total = 1.
vacuous space
SS Life Member

Joffa Burns wrote: Thu 18 Apr 2019 11:31pmMav Kent - genius!
Can't claim it as my own. Overheard it from somebody during one of the first couple of games. So far, it fits perfectly.

And I have no doubt that the new Mav is performing really strongly in inferential stats. Glad to have him locked down until the end of 2022. Huge get.

Yeah nah pleasing positive
Joffa Burns
Saintsational Legend

tedtheodorelogan2018 wrote: Thu 18 Apr 2019 11:34pm Great supporters. Not.
Yep, because I think Kent is a dud I’m not s supporter.

My thoughts on Kent remove the sponsorship money Ive spent for many years, the memorabilia purchased, the $ kicked into player trips and funds when requested to do so, the ex players I’ve employed, yep because I think Kents a dud I’m not a supporter.

You sir are a genius :lol:

stonecold
SS Life Member

Joffa Burns wrote: Thu 18 Apr 2019 11:31pm
vacuous space wrote: Thu 18 Apr 2019 11:28pm We need Mav Kent for the implied tackles and scoreboard impasse.
Yep, I wonder if Mav Kent is leading the league in inferential statistics? :wink:

Mav Kent - genius!
Unless the reality of the 'real experts' options get in the way of the armchairs!!!!!

😂

tedtheodorelogan2018
SS Life Member

So you blokes judge an AFL footy player that is new to our club after 4 games and give him a very ordinary nickname. You forget he has played not far off a 100 games and would have probably been in Melbourne's finals side barring injury last year.

Kent hasn't been excellent this year but he hasn't been terrible either. He has been playing his part as most likely asked by the coaches in 3 winning sides. E.g. he shut down Harbrow in the first game against the Suns

Kent hasn't played a lot of footy in the last 2 seasons but he will get much better with a deep run of games. He doesn't get massive numbers but I'm glad as a Saints supporter that he is on our list as he provides excellent depth and expierence in his position.

I'd rather show my support than bag out a new fella to the club as a supporter.

Total = 1.
stonecold
SS Life Member

tedtheodorelogan2018 wrote: Thu 18 Apr 2019 11:48pm So you blokes judge an AFL footy player that is new to our club after 4 games and give him a very ordinary nickname. You forget he has played not far off a 100 games and would have probably been in Melbourne's finals side barring injury last year.

Kent hasn't been excellent this year but he hasn't been terrible either. He has been playing his part as most likely asked by the coaches in 3 winning sides. E.g. he shut down Harbrow in the first game against the Suns

Kent hasn't played a lot of footy in the last 2 seasons but he will get much better with a deep run of games. He doesn't get massive numbers but I'm glad as a Saints supporter that he is on our list as he provides excellent depth and expierence in his position.

I'd rather show my support than bag out a new fella to the club as a supporter.
Your a supporter Ted, some are not!!!!!

Joffa Burns
Saintsational Legend

stonecold wrote: Thu 18 Apr 2019 11:46pm

Mav Kent - genius!
Unless the reality of the 'real experts' options get in the way of the armchairs!!!!!

😂
Mav to North for $700k per annum on a four year deal
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :x :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

<1 day ban for baiting>

stonecold
SS Life Member

Joffa Burns wrote: Thu 18 Apr 2019 11:51pm
stonecold wrote: Thu 18 Apr 2019 11:46pm

Mav Kent - genius!

😂
Mav to North for $700k per annum on a four year deal
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :x :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Can't believe you still don't get the piss take, slow but steady, as they say!!!!!

Joffa Burns
Saintsational Legend

Yep it was a piss take :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Never explain, never complain.

Piss take :lol: :lol: :lol:

Yep, it was a piss take :lol: :lol: :lol:

stonecold
SS Life Member

Joffa Burns wrote: Fri 19 Apr 2019 12:03am Yep it was a piss take :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Well did I expose my identity for such a pathetic unrealistic cause????? No, but someone else did!!!!!

Dumb c*nt!!!!!

Joffa Burns
Saintsational Legend

stonecold wrote: Fri 19 Apr 2019 12:07am
Joffa Burns wrote: Fri 19 Apr 2019 12:03am Yep it was a piss take :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Well did I expose my identity for such a pathetic unrealistic cause????? No, but someone else did!!!!!

Dumb c*nt!!!!!
I am many things, and you got the c##t part right, but dumb isn’t one of them I’m sorry to inform you.

Now dumb is something you are well aquatinted with, in fact you are not only dumb but a barely literate moron.

But I digress, refresh my memory on the Mav offer.
What was it? $700K x 4 years?

:lol: :lol: :x :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :x :x

Joffa Burns
Saintsational Legend

Again proving you are full of s*** Ted.

Now which one is true?
The story you perpetuated in multiple posts about Mav Kent being a best 22 player at Melbourne set to be picked in the finals team or this evenings feeble retraction.

I’ll save you the trouble bulls*** Ted, don’t bother answering a question, you never do.
tedtheodorelogan2018 wrote: Sun 14 Oct 2018 3:09pm Kent was in Melbourne's best 22. Played the last game and was set for finals but got injured.
tedtheodorelogan2018 wrote: Thu 18 Apr 2019 11:48pm So you blokes judge an AFL footy player that is new to our club after 4 games and give him a very ordinary nickname. You forget he has played not far off a 100 games and would have probably been in Melbourne's finals side barring injury last year.
Can’t wait for the dud to be banished to the twos to play out the rest of his 3 year deal at Sandy.

3 year deal for a dud fringe player from Melbourne :roll:

<1 day ban for commenting negatively on a poster as part of an ongoing dispute and as such all subsequent offences will be deemed as 1 week bans>

fugazi
Saintsational Legend

Kent would want to put in a big game.

Clark will be back very soon I reckon, I would have preferred him over Paton, but Hind could be a serious weapon....would prefer trying him over both.

Nee!
Crossy66
Club Player

Probably the best team we have fielded this season, but there is some risk if we lose a tall early in the game i.e. marshall or brown. Dees have gone tall, so we will either beat them with speed and pressure or get caught out for height down back.
Dmac is quickish but also plays tall as third man up and i dont think patton or geary are a like for like .
Wouldnt be surprised if marsh at 193cm comes in for patton. Seems the classic utility type- quick but good in the air and xan play anywhere
Also interested to see what happens if parker doesnt come up.

SaintPav
Saintsational Legend

OMG

Holder of unacceptable views and other thought crimes.
twirlyhair
Club Player

Joffa Burns wrote: Fri 19 Apr 2019 12:59am Again proving you are full of s*** Ted.

Now which one is true?
The story you perpetuated in multiple posts about Mav Kent being a best 22 player at Melbourne set to be picked in the finals team or this evenings feeble retraction.

I’ll save you the trouble bulls*** Ted, don’t bother answering a question, you never do.
tedtheodorelogan2018 wrote: Sun 14 Oct 2018 3:09pm Kent was in Melbourne's best 22. Played the last game and was set for finals but got injured.
Can’t wait for the dud to be banished to the twos to play out the rest of his 3 year deal at Sandy.

3 year deal for a dud fringe player from Melbourne :roll:
Wow. Harsh assessment. Not great support to be wishing ill upon our own players.