No....

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

tedtheodorelogan2018
SS Life Member

Re: No....

saynta wrote: Sat 18 May 2019 5:44pm
ss1986 wrote: Sat 18 May 2019 5:19pm De Goey, Elliott, Cox, Moore, Adams and Langdon for the best part of the game.....

No problem. Spanked us with their reserves.

Keep going Richo.... we believe in you.
No Steven, Hanners, Gears, Roberton, Carlisle, Lonnie, Webster, or McCartin
Snap.

Their Reserves beat our Rserves. So what?
Thank you Saynta.

Posters that have admitted they were wrong about Hanna's gastro and the club didn't create a cover story.
Total = 1.
saintkid
Club Player

ss1986 wrote: Sat 18 May 2019 5:26pm
tedtheodorelogan2018 wrote: Sat 18 May 2019 5:22pm Troll alert. They always rear their head after a last qtr like that. Get a life.
“They always rear their head after a last quarter like that”.....

That aint trolling buddy.... it’s calling out how putrid that EFFORT is.... turning up our toes is unacceptable
Exactly. There is no on-field leadership from the experienced players out there. Marshall already in his short career has more balls and presence out there than Newnes, Ross, Bruce and Billings combined. These 4 should have stood up today and lead the way but were insipid. How do you expect to go forward as a club when your most senior players play crap more often than not? For them on the other hand, Sidebottom, Pendlebury, Reid etc were excellent today.

Stop being delusional tedtheodorelogan2018. The club has a LONG way to go and the rot commenced at the club management/head coach level. Collingwood, on the other hand, are a very professional, well drilled unit, with a culture that keeps unearthing good new talent. They will be there again at the pointy end of the season giving great hope and expectations to their supporters. The complete opposite to our club, who have been nowhere near close to it since 2011. Think about that tedtheodorelogan2018 and stop trying to defend the indefensible.

HardSaint
Saintsational Legend

Hanneberry?

FFS - why even mention him and bring up what an embarrassment his whole fiasco is

on a day like today, mere mention of the H word adds insult to injury

remboy
SS Hall of Fame

ss1986 wrote: Sat 18 May 2019 5:45pm
remboy wrote: Sat 18 May 2019 5:43pm So, you're saying if had Carlisle, Roberton, Geary, Webster, Steven and Hannebury it wouldn't change anything? I'd say they'd make a lot more difference for us than the Pies outs. And don't give me Ruchmonds injuries. They rely on 4 or 5 players who have missed a game for the last four years.
If both teams had their full allotment of players, theyd beat us by 10 goals every time.
No they wouldn't.

Opinions are like arseholes, everybody's got one.
Annoyedsaint
Club Player

You’ve got more excuses and spin than a politician Ted.
Just like a politician people smell the shite you’re cooking.

Scollop
Saintsational Legend

Why didn't they tag Sidebottom?

If you take on their silk head to head you're gonna lose.

Same with Grundy. Perfect match for Longer to have softened him up.

Our coach has nfi. We play soft which also reflects the coach

ss1986
Club Player

The tide has turned Ted...

The tsunami is coming to consume Richo... and those in his employ.

Which is probably you. Sorry.

Annoyedsaint
Club Player

tedtheodorelogan2018 wrote: Sat 18 May 2019 5:45pm
saynta wrote: Sat 18 May 2019 5:44pm
ss1986 wrote: Sat 18 May 2019 5:19pm De Goey, Elliott, Cox, Moore, Adams and Langdon for the best part of the game.....

No Steven, Hanners, Gears, Roberton, Carlisle, Lonnie, Webster, or McCartin
Snap.

Their Reserves beat our Rserves. So what?
Saynta....please
Don’t you think it means their depth is great and we don’t have any???

Annoyedsaint
Club Player

remboy wrote: Sat 18 May 2019 5:43pm So, you're saying if had Carlisle, Roberton, Geary, Webster, Steven and Hannebury it wouldn't change anything? I'd say they'd make a lot more difference for us than the Pies outs. And don't give me Ruchmonds injuries. They rely on 4 or 5 players who have missed a game for the last four years.
Go look who was out last week for them...
Their seconds won and won easily interstate.
Another dreamer who thinks these players we have out are AAA+

twirlyhair
Club Player

Annoyedsaint wrote: Sat 18 May 2019 5:42pm Would Hannebery of today be in the top teams best side, Lonie? Geary?? I doubt it, that’s why we are no good!!!
When’s it going to sink in these players (combined with rank coach) are taking us nowhere!
So apart from sacking the coach, what do you suggest the club does?

ss1986
Club Player

If I was Hunter Clark or Coffield I’d leave.

Watching Jack Newnes play every week for 115 games in a row nauseates me.... and I’m not ‘behind’ him on a plying list.

Maybe we can start by playing players who wpuld respect the jumper... or more accurately.... havent yet disrespected the jumper.
Last edited by ss1986 on Sat 18 May 2019 6:01pm, edited 1 time in total.

Ape_Man
Club Player

I’m an idiot.

I started reading this, now I’m dumber than when I started.

ss1986
Club Player

Ape_Man wrote: Sat 18 May 2019 6:01pm I’m an idiot.

Super contribution. Really raised the intelligence quotient with that one.

Impatient Sainter
Saintsational Legend

We should have been 5 goals up at half time!

This really s***s me because its obviously a coaching direction, but us when we win the ball in our forward 50 continually hanballing backwards to a player under more pressure is just plain dumb. We have been doing it for 6 years and the opposition know it. Too many of our players who had time and space hanballed off rather than having a shot. I couldnt count the amount of times we handballed backwards continually often out of the F50, then only to kick to the 'hot spot' where Collingwood had all the numbers. True we missed a number of easy shots on goal again but to dominate a game like we did and not take advantage of it, is a coaching issue not players.

Richo is the least creative coach in the AFL and has coached any flair out of our team. The fact that 3 x commentators could see not having Marshall rucking in our forward line when we were on top was hurting us and Richo not changing mid game just demonstrates how poor a match day coach he is. Our blokes battled their hearts out for 3 quarters but didnt get the due rewards because of one reason Richo. He has to go its as plain as that.

longtimesaint
Club Player

And this would be nothing to do with coaching- it’s just they have far better depth than us.
A new coach won’t change much when the problem is on the field.

One year will be our year
saynta
Saintsational Legend

tedtheodorelogan2018 wrote: Sat 18 May 2019 5:36pm Plus we were also missing 5 first team players if we want to play that stupid game.

Hanners, Carlisle, Geary, Lonie, Roberton.
7. You missed Steven and Webster.

Ape_Man
Club Player

ss1986 wrote:
Ape_Man wrote: Sat 18 May 2019 6:01pm I’m an idiot.

Super contribution. Really raised the intelligence quotient with that one.
That is my problem.

I don’t have IQ points to spare, so losing some on this puerile thread has cost me plenty.

SAINT-LEE
Club Player

tedtheodorelogan2018 wrote: Sat 18 May 2019 5:33pm No I don't like losing and who does?

We lost. Not good enough that last quarter but no point sooking about it all day. Time to move on and work out what went wrong out there in the last as we were very good for 3 quarters.

I despise online trolls also. Losers.
If the Saints were "very good" for 3 quarters we would have won the game. Try facts.
Now IF you had said we were better than the Pies in this area or that e.g. inside 50's that would be factual.
But a nice brush stroke calling 3 quarters very good is just inaccurate....almost as if YOU were trying to bait the rest of the world who watched the game and saw some great bits and a whole lot of bad which culminated in a 41 point loss.

And naming Hannebury as a starter when he has never worn the Guernsey is an insult, let's try getting on the ground first.

And why after 4 straight losses does everyone have to be trolls who "won't move on" and focus on beating the worst team in the league?

We were very lucky and also quite good when everyone was healthy in those first wins but the issue I have in season 6 of a rebuild is that the coach ( of that entire period ) is terrible at winning...FACT and he used to be one of the best at player development but at the Saints he has not been able develop a full senior team let alone a second tier for the inevitable injury season that every team experiences.

Excuses are finished.
Last edited by SAINT-LEE on Sat 18 May 2019 8:35pm, edited 2 times in total.

Annoyedsaint
Club Player

Tip everyone out and start again.
No ridiculous decisions to appoint or extend contracts

If something clearly isn’t working then keep changing things until it does. Holding on to players for 6-7 years who let you down so much is number one.
Newnes, Dunstan prime examples.

Coaches should have 3 years (4 years max). That includes assistants, if nothing is happening then it’s time to change.
I’m prepared to give players slightly longer to play under two coaching styles. No improvement and they go as well.

Club marketing is awful.
We play dumb chants after a goal that everyone groans at, promote everything in society except winning.
Every single cent should be currently spent on winning. Forget everything else.

Finally, absolute huge pipe dream, but playing at Moorabbin should be a long term goal. 30,000 stadium, supporters would get behind it. We are currently soul less at Marvel, supporters looking for every excuse not to go.
Stadium is half empty and people need to sit up the top deck. Guaranteed all the empty seats on level 1 are not reserved. Little things all add up.

I’ve pushed through bad times, go most weeks but even last year I finally cracked it. No change and expecting things to change for the better is just stupidity.
Last edited by Annoyedsaint on Sat 18 May 2019 6:52pm, edited 1 time in total.

tedtheodorelogan2018
SS Life Member

Burn RSEA park down! Get out the pitch forks folks!
Sack everyone!
👨‍🌾👨‍🌾👨‍🌾🔥🔥🔥

Posters that have admitted they were wrong about Hanna's gastro and the club didn't create a cover story.
Total = 1.
Ape_Man
Club Player

Annoyedsaint wrote:Tip everyone out and start again.

If something clearly isn’t working then keep changing things until it does. Holding on to players for 6-7 years who let you down so much is number one.

Coaches should have 3 years (4 years max). That includes assistants, if nothing is happening then it’s time to change.
I’m prepared to give players slightly longer to play under two coaching styles. No improvement and they go as well.

Club marketing is awful.
We play dumb chants are a goal that everyone groans at, promote everything in society except winning.

Finally, absolute huge pipe dream, but playing at Moorabbin should be a long term goal. 30,000 stadium, supporters would get behind it. We are currently soul less at Marvel, supporters looking for every excuse not to go.
Stadium is half empty and people need to sit up the top deck. Guaranteed all the empty seats on level 1 are not reserved. Little things all add up.

I’ve pushed through bad times, go most weeks but even last year I finally cracked it. No change and expecting things to change for the better is just stupidity.

You make excellent points.

The club has been letting us down now for a long, long time.

People recently complained about low attendance. I don’t think supporters are to blame, it is all on the club.

If they want a supporters hard earned money they should do something to deserve it.

Right now the best way would be throughout hope. If they can’t give us that then find another way.

Maybe develop a game style that is exciting, or exhilarating.

I don’t know the answer but I do know that not winning games and rarely scoring is not going to work for anyone.

I posted last year about how Disney built the Marvel universe and how St Kilda should think about building something over years and not a pre season.

The club is in the entertainment business, whether they like it or not.

So entertain the supporters, or lose their money and interest elsewhere.

Linton Lodger
SS Hall of Fame

Shostack you are a garden variety opportunist and f*ckwit. Not to mention boderline retarded.

Linton Lodger
SS Hall of Fame

ss1986 wrote: Sat 18 May 2019 6:00pm If I was Hunter Clark or Coffield I’d leave.

Watching Jack Newnes play every week for 115 games in a row nauseates me.... and I’m not ‘behind’ him on a plying list.

Maybe we can start by playing players who wpuld respect the jumper... or more accurately.... havent yet disrespected the jumper.
Not to mention repetitive. Just like a nuffy.

ss1986
Club Player

Linton Lodger wrote: Sat 18 May 2019 6:30pm
ss1986 wrote: Sat 18 May 2019 6:00pm If I was Hunter Clark or Coffield I’d leave.

Not to mention repetitive. Just like a nuffy.
BackFromUSA.... over to you

Annoyedsaint
Club Player

Ape_Man wrote: Sat 18 May 2019 6:23pm
Annoyedsaint wrote:Tip everyone out and start again.

Club marketing is awful.
We play dumb chants are a goal that everyone groans at, promote everything in society except winning.

You make excellent points.

The club has been letting us down now for a long, long time.

People recently complained about low attendance. I don’t think supporters are to blame, it is all on the club.

If they want a supporters hard earned money they should do something to deserve it.

Right now the best way would be throughout hope. If they can’t give us that then find another way.

Maybe develop a game style that is exciting, or exhilarating.

I don’t know the answer but I do know that not winning games and rarely scoring is not going to work for anyone.

I posted last year about how Disney built the Marvel universe and how St Kilda should think about building something over years and not a pre season.

The club is in the entertainment business, whether they like it or not.

So entertain the supporters, or lose their money and interest elsewhere.
Might cost 80 million and take 25 years to fund before it got started.
I for one would pay an extra $100 a year into a fund. Multiply that by ‘x’ amount of members/supporters/business connections, etc.
I’m sure governments of the day kick in as it benefits the region.

As for match day. No way I’m paying $60 to sit on level 2 or 2 at Marvel, nor should we when there’s so many unsold seats. All about supply and demand, if there’s 40,000 watching then fair enough. Gotta be incentives to get people there when times are bad.

I don’t care about gimmicks which are classed as crowd interaction. This isn’t America, they do it well with a willing crowd....here no one cares. My interaction is during a game, except there’s nothing to currently cheer.