Hugh and Freezer

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

saynta
Saintsational Legend

Hugh and Freezer

Hugh Goddard a possible selection against Saints this weekend and Freezer to be picked up ion mid season draft.

Our big problem is impatience.

https://www.heraldsun.com.au/sport/afl/ ... 3c00346f82

HighettMan
Club Player

Re: Hugh and Freezer

saynta wrote: Thu 23 May 2019 12:25pm Hugh Goddard a possible selection against Saints this weekend and Freezer to be picked up ion mid season draft.

Our big problem is impatience.

https://www.heraldsun.com.au/sport/afl/ ... 3c00346f82

Absofuckinglutely IMPATIENCE is our biggest problem.

I hope Goddard plays well but his team loses.

Have the courage to call out r ACE ism
degruch
Saintsational Legend

Good on Hugh...however, needed half the bottom team's backline to be out with injury before he got a crack. Freezer yet to be picked up, so not sure we're missing much. It was a travesty we let Mav go when the Tigers picked him at the start of the season, wasn't it? Hasn't amounted to much either.
Last edited by degruch on Thu 23 May 2019 12:37pm, edited 1 time in total.

Beno88
SS Hall of Fame

We are impatient because we delisted a bloke who'd played 10 games in 4 years and now has taken 10 weeks to possibly break into one of the worst sides of all time who's defensive stocks are severely depleted.

Interesting.

Bernard Shakey
Saintsational Legend

Freezer has hamstring awareness again. He will not be picked up.
Hope Hugh plays, he's as slow as a wet week!

Old enough to repaint, but young enough to sell
Impatient Sainter
Saintsational Legend

Goddard and Freezer were poor recruiting decisions and delisting them was the only option. I doubt either will go on to become 100 game players but there replacements just may!

tedtheodorelogan2018
SS Life Member

Everyone we delisted and traded were fully justified and correct calls IMO. Only Hickey has really played a game but getting rid of him has allowed Marshall to flourish. He wasn't going to get any better anyway.

Posters that have admitted they were wrong about Hanna's gastro and the club didn't create a cover story.
Total = 1.
Special
Club Player

Is the OP for real or has he forgotten how many years we wasted on those two?

Really hope HJ plays for Carlton this weak

saynta
Saintsational Legend

Impatient Sainter wrote: Thu 23 May 2019 1:16pm Goddard and Freezer were poor recruiting decisions and delisting them was the only option. I doubt either will go on to become 100 game players but there replacements just may!
Goddard was hardly a poor selection ffs. Snapping an achilles wasn't his fault.

tony74
SS Hall of Fame

One very slow, the other no longer fast.

Ghost Like
Saintsational Legend

Gives Bruce a chance to look quick, especially if his leading patterns include doubling back. Just wouldn't want to double back twice or will lap Hugh.

Agree the selection was correct at the time, snapping an achilles is no one's friend.

King12
Club Player

tony74 wrote: Thu 23 May 2019 3:47pm One very slow, the other no longer fast.
Correct!

I always subscribe to the theory that it's about the player you let go! Anything after that is irrelevant!

The_President
Club Player

Bruce/Members should have a field day if they play on Hugh

Joffa Burns
Saintsational Legend

Removed - post was intended to be humorous but may not be received that way.

Proudly assuming the title of forum Oracle and serving as the inaugural Saintsational ‘weak as piss brigade’ President.
Toy Saint
SS Hall of Fame

degruch wrote: Thu 23 May 2019 12:35pm Good on Hugh...however, needed half the bottom team's backline to be out with injury before he got a crack. Freezer yet to be picked up, so not sure we're missing much. It was a travesty we let Mav go when the Tigers picked him at the start of the season, wasn't it? Hasn't amounted to much either.
Darren 'Meatball' Minchington hasn't exactly embarrassed us at Hawthorn.....the club with the reputation for turning 'spuds' into superstars.

SinCitySainter
Club Player

Disappointed they didn't play Goddard.
I was looking forward to the hearing the Foghorn as he changed direction.

Toy Saint
SS Hall of Fame

Impatient Sainter wrote: Thu 23 May 2019 1:16pm Goddard and Freezer were poor recruiting decisions and delisting them was the only option. I doubt either will go on to become 100 game players but there replacements just may!
Pretty sure we gave up Rhys Stanley for Goddard. Reckon he'd be pretty handy these days, him and Marshall could rotate through the ruck and key forward position. Actually it's difficult to think of a stronger ruck duo.

skeptic
Saintsational Legend

Toy Saint wrote: Thu 23 May 2019 8:08pm
degruch wrote: Thu 23 May 2019 12:35pm Good on Hugh...however, needed half the bottom team's backline to be out with injury before he got a crack. Freezer yet to be picked up, so not sure we're missing much. It was a travesty we let Mav go when the Tigers picked him at the start of the season, wasn't it? Hasn't amounted to much either.
Darren 'Meatball' Minchington hasn't exactly embarrassed us at Hawthorn.....the club with the reputation for turning 'spuds' into superstars.
started well but been injured I think

King12
Club Player

Many 'experts' on here predicted the Hawks to sort his injuries and for him to become a superstar! :roll:

Same with Hickey @ West Coast, yet he is out injured AGAIN! No surprise really, doesn't have the body to hold down Ruck week in week out!

Two more good decision's by the club, but you won't hear it from some on here! :roll:

Ape_Man
Club Player

King12 wrote:
Many 'experts' on here predicted the Hawks to sort his injuries and for him to become a superstar! :roll:

Same with Hickey @ West Coast, yet he is out injured AGAIN! No surprise really, doesn't have the body to hold down Ruck week in week out!

Two more good decision's by the club, but you won't hear it from some on here! :roll:
Getting rid of Hockey would prove a deft choice if we had had a dominant, top 10 draft pick ruckman on our list that could hold down his position...

Yeah, nah... we don’t.

King12
Club Player

Ape_Man wrote: Fri 24 May 2019 12:44am
King12 wrote:

Getting rid of Hockey would prove a deft choice if we had had a dominant, top 10 draft pick ruckman on our list that could hold down his position...

Yeah, nah... we don’t.
Not rating Marshall then?

It's irrelevant what number players are selected, so you'd rather have Hickey than Marshall?

Rather pay Tom $600k a year for what he gave us?

Each to their own, I'd take Marshall anytime! 😂

Ape_Man
Club Player

King12 wrote:
King12 wrote:

Yeah, nah... we don’t.

It's irrelevant what number players are selected, so you'd rather have Hickey than Marshall?

Each to their own, I'd take Marshall anytime! Image
My post had nothing to do with Marshall. It was about the club rating Longer above Hickey.

That just hast turned out to be true in my opinion.

King12
Club Player

Ape_Man wrote: Fri 24 May 2019 7:10am
King12 wrote:
King12 wrote:

Yeah, nah... we don’t.

Each to their own, I'd take Marshall anytime! Image
My post had nothing to do with Marshall. It was about the club rating Longer above Hickey.

That just hast turned out to be true in my opinion.
Fair enough, my bad, I misread obviously, I still rather Marshall and Longer than Hickey, especially if you compare pay packets as they stand @ the minute!

My point is, at present you have Marshall and Longer in minimum wage (Marshall will change obviously with new contract, which by the way WILL be announced shortly), Hickey would have been on $600k plus this season (still getting injured), so I take the current Marshall/Longer deal thanks, as the club did in it's wisdom.

I hope that spells it out for you and you get a clearer understanding.

mightysainters
SS Hall of Fame

Both nowhere near AFL level.. Freezer was until he lost his weapon.. pace..

prwilkinson
SS Hall of Fame

I’m pretty happy with the players we got on the list to replace them.

All the best for Hugh, hope he plays this week.