It all comes down to this Sunday.

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

tedtheodorelogan2018
SS Life Member

Re: It all comes down to this Sunday.

Who wants us to lose?

Posters that have admitted they were wrong about Hanna's gastro and the club didn't create a cover story.
Total = 1.
axcellence
Club Player

bassoon wrote: Thu 23 May 2019 11:06pm If Richo was Coach, I'd be happy if we won 8 or 9 games this Season, and same time next year, 6 or 7. Take it on board Ted, next year - 2020 - we were promised a Premiership - if we turn Round 11 with even four or five wins, instead of six or seven you're defending the indefensible. We can't make the 8 next year - we'll getting to the grim dark days of 1940 to 1960, and 1974 to 1990. Yeah I know we're talking about only nine years this time around, but another rebuild - we're starting to get to our historical lows. As A Saints supporter from 1969 (7 years old), and seeing close to the bottom of the Ladder every year between 1977, and 1990, yes, I'm despondent, and pessimistic, and want to change things so this s*** don't happen again. We started a rebuild in 2014 - we improved to 2017 - 2018 a bad year - but as a Team (not individual) we need to improve greatly. Yes, Steven, Carlisle, Hanneberry, Geary, and Lonie are out (not to mention possible retirees like McCartin, and Roberton). Yes, we have a Max King who after the next half a dozen rounds might be a great contributor next year. Yes, Collingwood was a very poor disposal team two years ago. But we need to show something - we generally have the Spirit, but if we can't show accuracy of disposal, and accuracy of Goalkincking agents Carlton, Richo's no longer the man for the job (and maybe the majority of our players are not either). Let's be realistic - a rebuild that hasn't worked after five years, needs another rebuild.
I agree. With Steven’s age of 28, he won’t hit peak again, and Hanneberry at a similar age is unlikely to help much. This year’s performance has been helped by the six-six-six fixturing as well as the six six six rule leading to lower scores (or more defendable ones).

Won’t be so easy next year, and the rebuild of 2013 - 2018 has failed to result in a single AA player (all AAs eg Hanneberry were won at different clubs and those peak years are unlikely to be repeated).

Roberton, Dempster and Paddy have been unfortunate. McKenzie, Acres, McKenzie, Dunstan, Long, White, are just solid GOPs at best. Goddard delisted. Wasted years on Mav. Gresham and Carlisle the only wins, with Billings just break even....

Based on what I’ve seen, the admin is more focused on virtue signalling at times rather than performance.

So yeah, let’s hope for 2024.

The Fireman
Saintsational Legend

axcellence wrote: Sat 25 May 2019 4:37pm
bassoon wrote: Thu 23 May 2019 11:06pm If Richo was Coach, I'd be happy if we won 8 or 9 games this Season, and same time next year, 6 or 7. Take it on board Ted, next year - 2020 - we were promised a Premiership - if we turn Round 11 with even four or five wins, instead of six or seven you're defending the indefensible. We can't make the 8 next year - we'll getting to the grim dark days of 1940 to 1960, and 1974 to 1990. Yeah I know we're talking about only nine years this time around, but another rebuild - we're starting to get to our historical lows. As A Saints supporter from 1969 (7 years old), and seeing close to the bottom of the Ladder every year between 1977, and 1990, yes, I'm despondent, and pessimistic, and want to change things so this s*** don't happen again. We started a rebuild in 2014 - we improved to 2017 - 2018 a bad year - but as a Team (not individual) we need to improve greatly. Yes, Steven, Carlisle, Hanneberry, Geary, and Lonie are out (not to mention possible retirees like McCartin, and Roberton). Yes, we have a Max King who after the next half a dozen rounds might be a great contributor next year. Yes, Collingwood was a very poor disposal team two years ago. But we need to show something - we generally have the Spirit, but if we can't show accuracy of disposal, and accuracy of Goalkincking agents Carlton, Richo's no longer the man for the job (and maybe the majority of our players are not either). Let's be realistic - a rebuild that hasn't worked after five years, needs another rebuild.
I agree. With Steven’s age of 28, he won’t hit peak again, and Hanneberry at a similar age is unlikely to help much. This year’s performance has been helped by the six-six-six fixturing as well as the six six six rule leading to lower scores (or more defendable ones).

Won’t be so easy next year, and the rebuild of 2013 - 2018 has failed to result in a single AA player (all AAs eg Hanneberry were won at different clubs and those peak years are unlikely to be repeated).

Roberton, Dempster and Paddy have been unfortunate. McKenzie, Acres, McKenzie, Dunstan, Long, White, are just solid GOPs at best. Goddard delisted. Wasted years on Mav. Gresham and Carlisle the only wins, with Billings just break even....

Based on what I’ve seen, the admin is more focused on virtue signalling at times rather than performance.

So yeah, let’s hope for 2024.
yep spot on, we have been poorly managed mixed with some bad luck, 2024 is a reasonable time frame for success bar some miracle intervention.
I feel sorry for some on here who continually pump up our expectations that has so many holes in it.

SMS
Club Player

Winning this game is BAD for us.

1. we NEED noah anderson
2. to win this and finish mediocre will be a disaster
3. means nothing to win.
4. in 2023 when carlton are top 4 winning flags and we are still bottom 8 no one will care
5. need to smash them then tank the second half.
6. show congilio and others the first half and wxplain the tanking
7. 2019 draft
- noah anderson pick 2 -- elite mid
- congilio for $1.5m/5 years -- elite mid
- steven out for cats round 2
- acres/cats rnd 2 for Cerra

armitage roberton mccartin brown rowe - RETIRED

sign lonie for 2 years
sign dunstan for 2 years on pittance - imo he is a great grunt insider who is building. take advantage now while he is cheap .

geary carlisle webster
willkie marsh battle
billings ross cerra
membrey bruce gresham
parker king lonie

marshall congilio, steele

clark, n.anderson, mckenzie, hanneberry

the dome
Club Player

G O O D L U C K S A I N T S

:D

Yorkeys
Saintsational Legend

Is it good to know we don't have the worst coach. I think in a perverse way it is. That feeling in the last quarter when they got within five had my skin crawling with dejavuness.

The Fireman
Saintsational Legend

Yorkeys wrote: Sun 26 May 2019 7:09pm Is it good to know we don't have the worst coach. I think in a perverse way it is. That feeling in the last quarter when they got within five had my skin crawling with dejavuness.
both gone

Yorkeys
Saintsational Legend

Both gone, yes. Richo coached a team that had several more excellent players, plenty of the ball and still just fell over the line because of individual brilliance of a few and the complete incompetence of several blues players. Should have won by 10 goals. Instead once we get to 70points we need to hope to hell the other side doesn't get to 76.

skeptic
Saintsational Legend

Yorkeys wrote: Sun 26 May 2019 8:33pm Both gone, yes. Richo coached a team that had several more excellent players, plenty of the ball and still just fell over the line because of individual brilliance of a few and the complete incompetence of several blues players. Should have won by 10 goals. Instead once we get to 70points we need to hope to hell the other side doesn't get to 76.
Don’t forget that they lost McGovern and Silvagni during the game

samuraisaint
Saintsational Legend

SMS wrote: Sun 26 May 2019 11:33am Winning this game is BAD for us.

1. we NEED noah anderson
2. to win this and finish mediocre will be a disaster
3. means nothing to win.
4. in 2023 when carlton are top 4 winning flags and we are still bottom 8 no one will care
5. need to smash them then tank the second half.
6. show congilio and others the first half and wxplain the tanking
7. 2019 draft
- noah anderson pick 2 -- elite mid
- congilio for $1.5m/5 years -- elite mid
- steven out for cats round 2
- acres/cats rnd 2 for Cerra

armitage roberton mccartin brown rowe - RETIRED

sign lonie for 2 years
sign dunstan for 2 years on pittance - imo he is a great grunt insider who is building. take advantage now while he is cheap .

geary carlisle webster
willkie marsh battle
billings ross cerra
membrey bruce gresham
parker king lonie

marshall congilio, steele

clark, n.anderson, mckenzie, hanneberry
You're joking about Carlton winning a Flag in four years aren't you? They had almost a full compliment of their list available and in today, and they couldn't beat the 13th side today with 8 of their starting 22 out. I think we've uncovered some real talent this year. Forget the margin - we won easy.

Your friendly neighbourhood samurai.
Josh Battle
Club Player

skeptic wrote: Sun 26 May 2019 8:35pm
Yorkeys wrote: Sun 26 May 2019 8:33pm Both gone, yes. Richo coached a team that had several more excellent players, plenty of the ball and still just fell over the line because of individual brilliance of a few and the complete incompetence of several blues players. Should have won by 10 goals. Instead once we get to 70points we need to hope to hell the other side doesn't get to 76.
And Levi Casboult was playing a bit groggy after that hit from Benny :wink:

Should have been 4-5 goals up at 3 qter time instead of only 2-3. Early in the last quarter we were playing like the 3 stooges and I thought I heard Benny Hill music in the background. Skills need improving. Nevertheless, I'm pleased the boys had a gutsy win.

HighettMan
Club Player

McGovern got a footy lesson and probably should have been sent to the showers early before he hurt his heartstring very late in the final quarter, and I think we put our youngest and most inexperienced on Silvagni for a confidence builder.

Have the courage to call out r ACE ism
skeptic
Saintsational Legend

Josh Battle wrote: Sun 26 May 2019 9:48pm
And Levi Casboult was playing a bit groggy after that hit from Benny :wink:

Should have been 4-5 goals up at 3 qter time instead of only 2-3. Early in the last quarter we were playing like the 3 stooges and I thought I heard Benny Hill music in the background. Skills need improving. Nevertheless, I'm pleased the boys had a gutsy win.
Injuries are a real hinderance for us. Apparently match day ones are a real positive for Carlton though. That’s the spin apparently.

tedtheodorelogan2018
SS Life Member

Alan survives!

Posters that have admitted they were wrong about Hanna's gastro and the club didn't create a cover story.
Total = 1.
barneyboyz
Club Player

HighettMan wrote: Sun 26 May 2019 10:17pm
McGovern got a footy lesson and probably should have been sent to the showers early before he hurt his heartstring very late in the final quarter, and I think we put our youngest and most inexperienced on Silvagni for a confidence builder.
I didn't even know McGovern was playing until he went off

St. Kilda Football Club. Going strong, since 1960 :wink: