Changes v Power in China

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

mightysainters
SS Hall of Fame

Re: Changes v Power in China

Long surely out.. he was terrible, give young another couple, he was good last week.
Newnes
In: Hind and Clark

Special
Club Player

Gearbox said he might be OK for China.

I’d play him even if only 70% game time.

We miss his leadership

Sainter_Dad
Saintsational Legend

To the top wrote: Sun 26 May 2019 11:22pm Number 8 took out Dunstan off the ball

Haven’t seen replays but to me only collisions involving Long and Dunstan

Ablett has got off - twice - so Dunstan should get off

There was confusion as Dunstan focussed on leaving the ground straight after which nearly cost us
Dunstan running towards the ball - Kruezer just propped in front of him and blocked him - Dunstan not aware - Kruezer had moved off his line to block him.

“Youth ages, immaturity is outgrown, ignorance can be educated, and drunkenness sobered, but stupid lasts forever.”

― Aristophanes

If you have a Bee in your Bonnet - I can assist you with that - but it WILL involve some smacking upside the head!
To the top
SS Life Member

No doubt King12 is the former "Stonedead"

So in regards your continuing abuse f*** OFF you uneducated fornicated moron.

You bring NOTHING to Forums such as this apart from juvenile, abusive rubbish.

As I have previously mentioned, the real problem in attending AFL matches (with friends and family) is that you are in proximity to such low life.

<1 week ban for extreme abuse>

fugazi
Saintsational Legend

Long, Young and Newnes and probably Phillips all under the pump.

Pending MRP decisions, I think Long and Young are omitted or suspended.

Hind and Clark come in for China. Maybe even Armo travels over as Emergency

Nee!
Yorkeys
Saintsational Legend

The 22 with visas have to play. Don't want any chaps held in detention. How would you like to have to organise those in January - go for 40+ officials and hope any one missed out doesn't find form. Hope the immigration officers don't think St. Kilda is an NGO charity - although we do gift quite a few goals to the opposition - and ban entry.

Ape_Man
Club Player

Sainter_Dad wrote:
To the top wrote: Sun 26 May 2019 11:22pm Number 8 took out Dunstan off the ball

Haven’t seen replays but to me only collisions involving Long and Dunstan

Ablett has got off - twice - so Dunstan should get off

There was confusion as Dunstan focussed on leaving the ground straight after which nearly cost us
Dunstan running towards the ball - Kruezer just propped in front of him and blocked him - Dunstan not aware - Kruezer had moved off his line to block him.
Steven Baker rule.

Kruezer to get 7. :)

Beno88
SS Hall of Fame

Paton and White in for Young and Phillips.

Linton Lodger
SS Hall of Fame

Geary is a slight chance of returning this week.

shrodes
SS Life Member

degruch wrote: Sun 26 May 2019 11:34pm
kosifantutti wrote: Sun 26 May 2019 11:29pm Wasn’t late. Bloke never took the mark. No 50m. The ball was bobbling around and Dunstan took a swing at it. Collected him high with the inside of the forearm I thought.

Should be fine.
Great if that's the case...that's a fairly rose coloured account though.
FWIW that's pretty much how I saw it too... looked a bit like an old wrestling clothesline that looks bad but in reality he barely collected him and the bloke went down like a tonne of bricks. No 50m so the umpire clearly didn't think it was too late or rough, but they reported as they generally do for head high contact.
Linton Lodger wrote: Mon 27 May 2019 1:40pm Geary is a slight chance of returning this week.
He said on the podcast he is a fair chance to get up. He is flying to China for some other stuff (I took this to mean promotional work) and if he's right by Friday will play.

BringBackMadDog
Club Player

kosifantutti wrote: Sun 26 May 2019 11:29pm
degruch wrote:
bigcarl wrote: Sun 26 May 2019 11:21pm
Jacks Back wrote: Sun 26 May 2019 11:15pm
bigcarl wrote: Sun 26 May 2019 11:06pm
degruch wrote: Sun 26 May 2019 11:03pm Wouldn't be surprised if Dunstan is gone, if not Long, maybe he should be? If so, Hind and Clark in thanks.
Btw, what happened to Dunstan behind play?
Kreuzer gave his guts a bit of a love tap I think.
Interesting if Dunstan goes for an accident and Kreuzer not cited for something off the ball.
High and late from Dunstan, but low impact. He's not Giblett though, reported on the spot, so could get offered a game. I am biased towards thinking Clark could be a replacement if he is found guilty.
Wasn’t late. Bloke never took the mark. No 50m. The ball was bobbling around and Dunstan took a swing at it. Collected him high with the inside of the forearm I thought.

Should be fine.
no it isn't rose coloured at all its 100% accurate, it wasn't called a mark and the ball bobbled up to head height, Dunstan took a swing t the ball an missed and collected the Carlton bloke with his forearm, if you watch it again, you can see Dunstan actually tried to pull back his arm when he missed the ball

Bernard Shakey
Saintsational Legend

BringBackMadDog wrote: Mon 27 May 2019 2:37pm
degruch wrote:
degruch wrote: Sun 26 May 2019 11:03pm Wouldn't be surprised if Dunstan is gone, if not Long, maybe he should be? If so, Hind and Clark in thanks.
Interesting if Dunstan goes for an accident and Kreuzer not cited for something off the ball.
High and late from Dunstan, but low impact. He's not Giblett though, reported on the spot, so could get offered a game. I am biased towards thinking Clark could be a replacement if he is found guilty.
Wasn’t late. Bloke never took the mark. No 50m. The ball was bobbling around and Dunstan took a swing at it. Collected him high with the inside of the forearm I thought.

Should be fine.
no it isn't rose coloured at all its 100% accurate, it wasn't called a mark and the ball bobbled up to head height, Dunstan took a swing t the ball an missed and collected the Carlton bloke with his forearm, if you watch it again, you can see Dunstan actually tried to pull back his arm when he missed the ball
100% correct. It was right in front of me.

Old enough to repaint, but young enough to sell
PADDLEPOP1001
Club Player

Young & Long out! Coff & Clark in!

PADDLEPOP1000
degruch
Saintsational Legend

Bernard Shakey wrote: Mon 27 May 2019 2:54pm
degruch wrote:

Should be fine.
We'll see. Meanwhile...go ask a Blues supporter their perspective. :lol:

Sainter_Dad
Saintsational Legend

degruch wrote: Mon 27 May 2019 3:54pm
Bernard Shakey wrote: Mon 27 May 2019 2:54pm
We'll see. Meanwhile...go ask a Blues supporter their perspective. :lol:
I did - they said that they could not believe either of the reports were made on game day. He said that it was an overreaction by the umps who were losing the Blues crowd.

I agree, if it is a matter of 100% in the wrong - report, but if you are not sure - don't ruin a kids afternoon on the chance that you might be right - let it be reviewed after the game.

“Youth ages, immaturity is outgrown, ignorance can be educated, and drunkenness sobered, but stupid lasts forever.”

― Aristophanes

If you have a Bee in your Bonnet - I can assist you with that - but it WILL involve some smacking upside the head!
DJ Higgins
Club Player

Young was very quiet from what I saw so I'd drop him. Coffield not ready yet and was disappointed with hinds game. Most likely hunter back in

Scollop
Saintsational Legend

Beno88 wrote: Mon 27 May 2019 12:36pm Paton and White in for Young and Phillips.
This

SaintPav
Saintsational Legend

White and Clark for Young and Phillips.

Holder of unacceptable views and other thought crimes.
Toy Saint
SS Hall of Fame

Long out, Hunter Clark in

Scollop
Saintsational Legend

I think people are confusing Longs form a few weeks ago versus the match just played. Maybe people are biased and annoyed that he was given a game in front of other Sandringham team mates just because it was indiginous round.

As kosifantutti often says; Stats don't lie. Long was hard at it and his disposal was very good for the whole match against Carlton. He worked hard and he justified the coaches decision in playing him. He is not going to get Seb Ross numbers but his toughness and his speed cannot be underestimated and that is why he is in the team

Also cannot believe that people want Dunny out. What bloody game were they watching? Newnes also had a serviceable game. A guy that also goes unnoticed is Jack Sinclair. Bobs up here and there and has silky disposal compared to some of his team mates. Not high numbers for Sincs but also did enough to retain his spot.

I thought Billings saved himself from scrutiny by getting a few late touches. Even though Ed Curnow was wearing him like a glove for most of the match he needed to impose himself and straight line the footy but JB had RoMa, Man of Steele, and Dunny doing a lot of the heavy lifting and thankfully we came away with a win.

Speaking of heavy lifting, it was good to see the boys taking it up to Carlton and supporting Matty and Benny and any other of our players when there was some push and shove. It was quite a physical game and perhaps if some of the players need an extra week or haven't recovered in time, perhaps they should put their hand up and let fitness staff know. I think Ed and Robbie might be the first to be considered for a rest.

Also...this will have the 'true supporters' hounding me and shooting me down with the usual 'club knows best crap' but I reckon the captain should play a week in the VFL and get a bit of match fitness and a bit of touch back before stuffing up what has become a really good stable back 6. Savage is having his best year. Wilkie is a revelation. Marsh and DMac have speed and height and Battle and Brown are holding the KP posts well. Let Gears and the whole team know that you have to fight your way back in after a long lay off...even if you are the captain

saintsRrising
Saintsational Legend

Special wrote: Mon 27 May 2019 9:50am Gearbox said he might be OK for China.

I’d play him even if only 70% game time.

We miss his leadership
Do we? Back line has been our strength this year.

Flying the World in comfort thanks to FF Points....
saintsRrising
Saintsational Legend

Young for Clark.

Flying the World in comfort thanks to FF Points....
groupie1
Club Player

Jacks Back wrote: Sun 26 May 2019 10:56pm Out: Young, Phillips,
In: Paton (if fit), Clark/Coffield (although Clark butchered it today at Sandy)
Phillips showed a lot of footy smarts today.
Drop him if you didn't watch the game.

Gordon Fode couldda been Plugga
groupie1
Club Player

Scollop wrote: Tue 28 May 2019 2:17am I think people are confusing Longs form a few weeks ago versus the match just played. Maybe people are biased and annoyed that he was given a game in front of other Sandringham team mates just because it was indiginous round.

As kosifantutti often says; Stats don't lie. Long was hard at it and his disposal was very good for the whole match against Carlton. He worked hard and he justified the coaches decision in playing him. He is not going to get Seb Ross numbers but his toughness and his speed cannot be underestimated and that is why he is in the team

Also cannot believe that people want Dunny out. What bloody game were they watching? Newnes also had a serviceable game. A guy that also goes unnoticed is Jack Sinclair. Bobs up here and there and has silky disposal compared to some of his team mates. Not high numbers for Sincs but also did enough to retain his spot.

I thought Billings saved himself from scrutiny by getting a few late touches. Even though Ed Curnow was wearing him like a glove for most of the match he needed to impose himself and straight line the footy but JB had RoMa, Man of Steele, and Dunny doing a lot of the heavy lifting and thankfully we came away with a win.

Speaking of heavy lifting, it was good to see the boys taking it up to Carlton and supporting Matty and Benny and any other of our players when there was some push and shove. It was quite a physical game and perhaps if some of the players need an extra week or haven't recovered in time, perhaps they should put their hand up and let fitness staff know. I think Ed and Robbie might be the first to be considered for a rest.

Also...this will have the 'true supporters' hounding me and shooting me down with the usual 'club knows best crap' but I reckon the captain should play a week in the VFL and get a bit of match fitness and a bit of touch back before stuffing up what has become a really good stable back 6. Savage is having his best year. Wilkie is a revelation. Marsh and DMac have speed and height and Battle and Brown are holding the KP posts well. Let Gears and the whole team know that you have to fight your way back in after a long lay off...even if you are the captain
Agree on everything you said except 1: I think Sincs needs to get more of the ball.

Gordon Fode couldda been Plugga
Joffa Burns
Saintsational Legend

King12 wrote: Sun 26 May 2019 11:33pm Nothing to see here, no surprising really, maybe Grandpa didn't wear his glasses to the game, or was too busy protecting the grandkids from all the Volitant woman in the crowd! 😂😂😂😂

Proudly assuming the title of forum Oracle and serving as the inaugural Saintsational ‘weak as piss brigade’ President.