Saints homeward bound!!

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

shanegrambeau
Saintsational Legend

Re: Saints homeward bound!!

Shockingly small crowds at several games this year in big stadiums, and a further number of low attendances at boutique games Hobart, Launceston, Ballarat, Cairns? China, only points to the JO as a future game venue.

You're quite brilliant Shane, yeah..terrific!
ace
Saintsational Legend

saynta wrote: Thu 09 May 2019 10:19am I see Labor has promised the Hawks 20 million bucks towards the 100 mil the Hawks need to build their nest right in the middle of what should rightfully be our territory.

Enough to make you want to vote for the Libs.
And where will that disgusting cretin Shorten get the 20 million bucks from ? He doesn't have that sort of money.

Oh now I remember, he steals money from union members for his own purposes.
So he will tax the money out of us then steal that money and give it to the Dawks without asking.

The more you know, the more you know you don't know.
When I was a young child, I knew that I knew so much about so much.
Now that I am old and know so much more, I know that I know so much about so little, and so little about so much.
Dave McNamara
Saintsational Legend
Location: Slotting another one from 94.5m out. Opposition flood? Bring it on...! Keep the faith Saintas!

Trev from the Bush wrote: Thu 09 May 2019 10:42pmCan't see any bicycle racks or bike lanes in the concept drawings and, believe me, that will be about the only way to get to the ground if developed as shown. In my youth, if you left your bike unattended at the ground you could guarantee it would be "re-homed" by 3/4 time.
They got a crowd of over 42000 to the ground in 1955. Probably all got to the game on stolen bicycles, but a crowd still a crowd. :wink:

But regardless, getting there wouldn't be an issue re the JO. 250K punters get there from all round the world every year for the GP.

And up to 700K punters get there on a Sunday arvo' every Feb for the St Kilda Music Festival. :shock:

(Does Moorabbin have a music festival...?)

Even with our long overdue 'new deal' at Dockedlands. I suspect that last weekend's sub-20k crowd wouldn't have put too much $$$ into the club's coffers.

And how many of them were E-grrrrrrls' fans??? Seemed to be quite a few. So much for an intimidating home ground advantage... so much for a home ground advantage... :(

Dr Spaceman wrote: Tue 06 Nov 2018 5:35pm
sunsaint wrote:... why you do prefer a development at moorabbin over our name sake suburb?
I would prefer St Kilda.
evertonfc wrote:(If we had our own ground and identity I would feel completely different about this...)
Plugger666 (remember her?) wrote:
The Fireman wrote:the JO is the GO
+3
Otiman wrote:Time to bring back smaller, cheaper to run, better for the fans stadiums. You only have to look as far as Geelong to see it happen. Even Carlton has something that's usable. I don't think public transport options around Moorabbin are good enough, but grounds like Junction Oval could be built to house sub 20k games.
(Dave's edit: JO has shown it can hold crowds over 20K.)
Dr Spaceman wrote:"... clearly the AP is the GO! the "Alpaca Paddock", next to the present site of the St Kilda Bowling Club near the St Kilda railway station..."
Aussie Jonestown Massacre wrote: Fri 09 Nov 2018 12:12pm Saints moving forward to the Junction Oval certainly has an air of inevitability about it!
Sainternist wrote: Tue 14 May 2019 5:29pm But it was all part of the experience back then and never really complained about it. I feel sorry for the younger generations in missing out on those old suburban grounds. There was real atmosphere and it felt electric. One would feel close to the action, too. It was more grassroots footy then. It's a feeling I haven't really experienced ever at Docklands. It's a shame, but I'm thankful I at least got a taste for it at one stage, before it was eradicated by the Evil Empire we call the AFL.

It's Dave, man. Will you open up? I got the stuff with me! -------Who?
Dave, man. Open up ------------------------------------------ -----Dave???
Yeah, Dave. ---------------------------------------------------------Dave's not here.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QOiG1hAr ... detailpage
skeptic wrote: Tue 30 Jan 2024 8:07pmCongrats to Dave McNamara - hereby dubbed the KNOWINGEST KNOW IT ALL of Saintsational
:mrgreen:
Dave McNamara
Saintsational Legend
Location: Slotting another one from 94.5m out. Opposition flood? Bring it on...! Keep the faith Saintas!

sunsaint wrote: Fri 10 May 2019 3:14pmIt's a pretty simple point.
Jeff Kennett got off his hum and got the money it just didn't arrive out of thin air.
Exactly!!!

How can someone like Jeffed get tens and tens of millions from an ALP government??? :shock: :shock: :shock: Yet, our useless mob couldn't get $15 million from them??? :x And the Poodles are getting their home ground back too.

Stuff can be done! Just need the will. Just need the vision. :idea:

We are getting left behind! And it's not bloody good enough!!! :x

Maybe the cheese-eating surrender monkey attitude of some Saintsationalists has disemboldened our Board, or is it the other way round...?

sunsaint wrote:... why you do prefer a development at moorabbin over our name sake suburb?
I would prefer St Kilda.
evertonfc wrote:(If we had our own ground and identity I would feel completely different about this...)
+3
Otiman wrote:Time to bring back smaller, cheaper to run, better for the fans stadiums. You only have to look as far as Geelong to see it happen. Even Carlton has something that's usable. I don't think public transport options around Moorabbin are good enough, but grounds like Junction Oval could be built to house sub 20k games.
Dr Spaceman wrote:"... clearly the AP is the GO! the "Alpaca Paddock", next to the present site of the St Kilda Bowling Club near the St Kilda railway station..."
Aussie Jonestown Massacre wrote: Fri 09 Nov 2018 12:12pm Saints moving forward to the Junction Oval certainly has an air of inevitability about it!
Sainternist wrote: Tue 14 May 2019 5:29pm But it was all part of the experience back then and never really complained about it. I feel sorry for the younger generations in missing out on those old suburban grounds. There was real atmosphere and it felt electric. One would feel close to the action, too. It was more grassroots footy then. It's a feeling I haven't really experienced ever at Docklands. It's a shame, but I'm thankful I at least got a taste for it at one stage, before it was eradicated by the Evil Empire we call the AFL.

Yeah, Dave. ---------------------------------------------------------Dave's not here.

skeptic wrote: Tue 30 Jan 2024 8:07pmCongrats to Dave McNamara - hereby dubbed the KNOWINGEST KNOW IT ALL of Saintsational
Dr Spaceman
Saintsational Legend

Later on that night...

Now don't forget to report back to your little buddies Dopey Dave (Pres Trump's words not mine Image)

Dave McNamara
Saintsational Legend

sunsaint wrote: Fri 10 May 2019 3:14pmIt's a pretty simple point.
Jeff Kennett got off his hum and got the money it just didn't arrive out of thin air.
Nice one Doc. You haven't lost your touch. :)

Now Doc, can you tell the viewers how can someone like Jeffed get tens and tens of millions from an ALP government??? The irrelevant Poodles are getting their home ground back too.

Yet, our cheese-eating surrender monkeys can't get us home to the JO??? :x

Carlscum, the drug team, the downhill skiing Dreamons, Nuff Nuff... can all wipe their $10 million dollar debts - whilst ours grows.

So much so that in last years Annual Report it was stated by the auditors that the club's on-going financial viability is at question. :shock:

Good stuff can get done! Just not by St Kilda, it seems. :(

The JO is the way to turn this all crap around. Doc get on board! You're clearly too talented to be part of the problem. Be part of the solution. :idea:

I would prefer St Kilda.
+3

The Fireman
Saintsational Legend

Good work DM... the JO is the GO

Dr Spaceman
Saintsational Legend

I'm bored.

I'm done.

I'm outta here.

All you mates are now free to continue your JO circle jerk without my interruptions.

I've had a good 10 years on this site but it's time to bid adieu.

I will miss good old Trev from the Bush and I wish him and his family well.

See ya later suckers :lol:

sunsaint
Saintsational Legend
Location: Queensland - Beautiful one day ... you know the rest

oh please dont take your ball Dr Spaceman
it was fun having a kick with your old (sans leather) bladder

Seeya
The Fireman
Saintsational Legend

Trev from the Bush
SS Life Member

Dr Spaceman wrote: Tue 28 May 2019 3:47pm I'm bored.

I'm done.

I'm outta here.

All you mates are now free to continue your JO circle jerk without my interruptions.

I've had a good 10 years on this site but it's time to bid adieu.

I will miss good old Trev from the Bush and I wish him and his family well.

See ya later suckers :lol:

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!

Don't go Doc, you are the voice of sanity on this site. The hose that washes the stuff that gets tossed around here off our shoes!

I am quite happy to suck on a stock-standard Moccona and don't see a need to pay 5 bucks for a caffeine-infused hot milkshake in Fitzroy St. I was always happy to suck on a slightly off-chill VB can at Moorabbin and the so-called plastic "pot" of draught I sucked on at Marvel-less on Sunday made my right hand look like it had suddenly grown.

I need you here Doc to keep the yupsters at bay and your priceless humour keeps this joint alive.

I didn't see the likes of Dave, Firey & Co at Marvel-less among the 35,000 on Sunday. A ground perfect for cycling, sandal-wearing, public transport-using yupsters to attend (plenty of expresso machines and bottled water available to boot) yet my row on level three was virtually devoid of Saints supporters (reserved seats, too) and the only noise I could here came from the Blue morons booing. I guess the old guy sitting in front of me pretty well summed up my impression of too many Saints "supporters" - I could see every square centimetre of the ground and he is watching the game on his bloody mobile phone! True!

Doc, I have an idea. I'll dig out all my kids unused Lego blocks and send them to Dave, along with an early edition of Melways which shows Junction Oval in all its football-configured glory. He can then build his very own JO!

And us, true Saints supporters, can figure out how to deal with much more pressing business. Like, how get a decent beer at Marvel-less when we go there to watch our team play their heart out win or lose.

Hang in there Doc, the Saints need you! :twisted: :twisted:

Saint supporter since '62
satchmo
Saintsational Legend

At least we now know what bush you are from, Trev!

*Allegedly.

Bring back Lucky Burgers, and nobody gets hurt.

You can't un-fry things.

Last Post
The Fireman
Saintsational Legend

Gee you and the Doc are a clique mob Trev.. but your right I only get to few interstaters because I live in area that requires sandals, did my time freezing at Moorabbin and the Park..although the Dome was cosy.

You can always have a VB with me Trev....at the JO :)

Doc Trev needs you :)

Trev from the Bush
SS Life Member

Your on Firey. Meet you at the bar on the Saturday of the first Sheffield Shield match next season.

Your first shout!

samuraisaint
Saintsational Legend

shanegrambeau wrote: Tue 14 May 2019 2:29pm Shockingly small crowds at several games this year in big stadiums, and a further number of low attendances at boutique games Hobart, Launceston, Ballarat, Cairns? China, only points to the JO as a future game venue.
Even some of Hawthorn's crowds have been very small. 14,000 at the G for one game, and 11,000 in Launceston, I think it was.
Ours haven't been too bad considering.
Be interesting to see how many turn up to see us play Brisbane at Etihad in a month's time.

Your friendly neighbourhood samurai.
The Fireman
Saintsational Legend

Trev from the Bush wrote: Tue 28 May 2019 9:31pm Your on Firey. Meet you at the bar on the Saturday of the first Sheffield Shield match next season.

Your first shout!
hmm won't fly down for the cricket but will when the Saints finally get their act together :)
The JO is the GO... come on Trev say it with me :)

Trev from the Bush
SS Life Member

The JO is a definitive NO. Except for the cricket.

saynta
Saintsational Legend

The JO is a cricket loving dump. Always was, always will be. No place for footy. We never won a premiership until we left that hole.

Dave McNamara
Saintsational Legend

Dr Spaceman wrote: Tue 28 May 2019 3:47pm I'm done.

I'm outta here.
Welcome back Doc! :D :D :D

We have a growing $10 million debt to get rid of.
We have financial non-viability to keep at bay.
We have the JO to get back to.

Yes! The Saints need you Doc.

I would prefer St Kilda.
+3
shanegrambeau wrote: Tue 14 May 2019 2:29pm Shockingly small crowds at several games this year in big stadiums, and a further number of low attendances at boutique games Hobart, Launceston, Ballarat, Cairns? China, only points to the JO as a future game venue.

Dave McNamara
Saintsational Legend

saynta wrote: Wed 29 May 2019 2:33pmThe JO is a cricket loving dump. Always was, always will be. No place for footy. We never won a premiership until we left that hole.
I'm afraid that I've lost count. How many have we won whilst at Dockedlands...?

I would prefer St Kilda.
+3

Dave McNamara
Saintsational Legend

Trev from the Bush wrote: Tue 28 May 2019 9:15pm NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!

Don't go Doc, you are the voice of sanity on this site.
Hang in there Doc, the Saints need you! :twisted: :twisted:
You can relax again Trev. The Doc is back. He must have missed us. (Well, missed you anyway. :D )

Trev from the Bush wrote: Tue 28 May 2019 9:15pm... I am quite happy to suck on a stock-standard Moccona and don't see a need to pay 5 bucks for a caffeine-infused hot milkshake in Fitzroy St. I was always happy to suck on a slightly off-chill VB can at Moorabbin and the so-called plastic "pot" of draught I sucked on at Marvel-less on Sunday made my right hand look like it had suddenly grown.

I need you here Doc to keep the yupsters at bay and your priceless humour keeps this joint alive.

I didn't see the likes of Dave, Firey & Co at Marvel-less among the 35,000 on Sunday. A ground perfect for cycling, sandal-wearing, public transport-using yupsters to attend (plenty of expresso machines and bottled water available to boot)
I can't speak for your other mates Trev, but it'd be hard for you to be able to spot me at Dockedlands. Given that our mischievous Doctor Spacememe refuses to portray me correctly. You know, with the correct and Aryan master race approved blond eyes and blue hair. :)

And btw, I would never, ever destroy a decent milkshake (or anything else) by putting any form caffeine in it! :shock: <puking emoticon> Same goes for beer. <another puking emoticon>

As for yuppies :evil: and hipsters :evil: <two more puking emoticons>... I'm opposed to capital punishment... normally... :twisted:

Trev from the Bush wrote: Tue 28 May 2019 9:15pmAnd us, true Saints supporters, can figure out how to deal with much more pressing business.
I totally agree. That's the point of this whole thread. :) :idea:

Dr Spacememe wrote: Tue 06 Nov 2018 5:35pm
I would prefer St Kilda.
+3
Dr Spacememe wrote:"... clearly the AP is the GO! the "Alpaca Paddock", next to the present site of the St Kilda Bowling Club near the St Kilda railway station..."

Dave McNamara
Saintsational Legend

The Fireman wrote: Mon 24 Jun 2019 11:09am
The Craw wrote: Mon 24 Jun 2019 11:05am
The Fireman wrote: Mon 24 Jun 2019 10:17amI heard that people were leaving in droves 3rd Qrt..I can't remember that ever happening in the past.
This is truly a sad period in the clubs history... my only anger is towards the trolls on here who consistently and falsely rap the club up, i find it disrespectful to both fellow fans and the club.
I have enjoyed many a pot with friends before the game and sometimes after :) and hope you enjoy many more.
Firey, last season people where leaving at half time ...... It was the worst season I have ever witnessed by a St Kilda side, that includes the 80's.

My biggest fear is that the club is losing relevance. It is not tribal anymore and if it is not competitive it will not attract new supporters.

There are so many options out there now for the rank an file to spend their hard earned in an entertainment sense. I really think it is crisis time and the club needs to act.
Wasn't there to see that so didn't realise but I maintain the vibe was better in the 80's when we lost most games and yes...crisis times.
This is so much of the whole point!

What made St Kilda unique, and relevant, even when we were wooden spooners, was the tribal vibe and atmosphere created at our home games.

The other vanilla teams never came close to us.

But now. We have lost that tribal vibe and atmosphere. And that is a tragedy! A potentially club-threatening tragedy! :(

It must be re-created. And returning home to the JO is the way to do this. The crisis averting game changer for our club!

Dr Spacememe wrote: Tue 06 Nov 2018 5:35pm
I would prefer St Kilda.

+3
Dr Spacememe wrote:"... clearly the AP is the GO! the "Alpaca Paddock", next to the present site of the St Kilda Bowling Club near the St Kilda railway station..."

freely
SS Hall of Fame

Bound to say - I hate the "home game vibe" they try to create at Marvel. I can't bring myself to join in with the phoney "when the saints..." going round the stadium. And the constant exhortations to cheer this and applaud that. And then, even though I love the band, I hate knowing that they'll just change jumpers and do the same for the doggies or whoever's playing tomorrow. It's all a real turn-off. In fact, the attempt to give us a "home ground experience" has the effect on me that I'd rather watch the game anywhere else!

The Fireman
Saintsational Legend

The JO is the GO

st.byron
Saintsational Legend

Anyone else notice that the posting format of Dave McNamara are remarkably similar.