Barks

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

SaintPav
Saintsational Legend

Re: Barks

Always wondered what kind of coach he would have been.

Holder of unacceptable views and other thought crimes.
damienc
Club Player

There is an amazing video doing the traps to commemorate Barks being inducted into the hall of fame.

It’s Spud Frawley and Luke Beveridge interviewed together. I had no idea the coach of the Bulldogs is a life long St Kilda supporter.

And by supporter I mean the real deal. Used to go to Moorabbin every home game and stand in the part known as the animal enclosure. Amazed to hear it. Beveridge idolised Barks. Spud gets emotional. He and Barks were great mates.

I would urge every Sainsational member to watch the video. It will bring a lump to your throat guaranteed. Spud has a real love for the Saints. Loyal as the day is long. Spud Frawley is a great man.

damienc
Club Player

SaintPav wrote: Thu 06 Jun 2019 7:17pm Always wondered what kind of coach he would have been.
Me too.

bigred
Saintsational Legend

He would have been good. Very good.

I followed him to Sandringham and was quite engaged through his premiership years. Being able to stand around the quarter time and three quarter time huddles was pretty good. He didnt mince words and had high expectations of his players. He could give an epic spray when required, but most of the time he was quite reserved and very professional.

The players responded pretty well. The VFL was pretty much just a high level park footy comp to be honest.

He would have taken over from Alves before Timwit got the gig. No doubt about it. Would he have been successful? I think, with that list at the time...Yes, yes he would have been. I dont think we would have seen that horrendous drop off we had with Timwit.

"Now the ball is loose, it gives St. Kilda a rough chance. Black. Good handpass. Voss. Schwarze now, the defender, can run and from a long way".....
jaxons
Club Player

Furphy
Club Player

older saint
SS Life Member

Would have been a gun in todays footy.Intercept marks as a half back flanker. Courageous brilliant tackler and great skills Think Jeremry Howe, Mitch McGovern with the build of a Bob Murphy all rolled into one.