White

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

asiu
Saintsational Legend

Re: White

Wayne42 wrote: Mon 17 Jun 2019 9:02pm
Bernard Shakey wrote: Mon 17 Jun 2019 8:28pm Not the sharpest tool in the shed!
Who, are you talking about White ?
i don’t think so

more berniefrombrunswick

.name the ways , thought manipulates the State of Presence away.

.tipara waranta kani nina-tu.
skeptic
Saintsational Legend

BringBackMadDog wrote: Mon 17 Jun 2019 9:47pm
ace wrote: Mon 17 Jun 2019 4:53pm
MC Gusto wrote: Mon 17 Jun 2019 9:19am Yes he had a presence there. Shame he couldn’t slot those sitters

Thanks for the info guys
He sliced the two kicks atrociously.
He wants to be a professional footballer and does that when the game is on the line.
I fear those two kicks could terminate his football career.

I hope he gets another chance but with injured players coming back into the team he could be terminal.
I have read some s*** on this site but this just takes the cake!!!!! He is a 22 yo with 11 games to his name and on obviously clearly hampered by a leg injury and you think missing two set shots will get him delisted!!! I guarantee you, the way he played when moved forward will have won him a whole new level of respect and admiration at the club and he will not be going anywhere soon
Has he seriously only played 11 games!!!??

Talk about underdevelopment. Would much rather have pumped 20 more game into him over the last 2 years then what we’ve done with Newnes and Weller.

To the top
SS Life Member

In watching him in his first game the feature I noted was his spoiling ability - he stayed right on his opponents hammer and stayed on his feet

The ultimate close checking

Then that he had the pace to close check, could mark and had a left foot which was very proficient

On that summary I have included him in the side I see St Kilda ultimately having on the park and very competitive in the AFL competition

It has surprised me that he has not been given more opportunity and has not cemented a position in this side

By contrast I had the view that Webster just lost his feet too much - so I had White in preference to Webster

BringBackMadDog
Club Player

skeptic wrote: Mon 17 Jun 2019 10:24pm
BringBackMadDog wrote: Mon 17 Jun 2019 9:47pm
ace wrote: Mon 17 Jun 2019 4:53pm
MC Gusto wrote: Mon 17 Jun 2019 9:19am Yes he had a presence there. Shame he couldn’t slot those sitters

Thanks for the info guys
He sliced the two kicks atrociously.
He wants to be a professional footballer and does that when the game is on the line.
I fear those two kicks could terminate his football career.

I hope he gets another chance but with injured players coming back into the team he could be terminal.
I have read some s*** on this site but this just takes the cake!!!!! He is a 22 yo with 11 games to his name and on obviously clearly hampered by a leg injury and you think missing two set shots will get him delisted!!! I guarantee you, the way he played when moved forward will have won him a whole new level of respect and admiration at the club and he will not be going anywhere soon
Has he seriously only played 11 games!!!??

Talk about underdevelopment. Would much rather have pumped 20 more game into him over the last 2 years then what we’ve done with Newnes and Weller.
Agreed, he is a beautiful kick, super quick, tough as nails and can play all over the ground. He should be played week in week out along with Paton

nw7
Club Player

White did really well up forward. Really surprising. He read the ball well, marked well and pressure was good even though he was badly injured. Reminds me of Finlayson from GWS, probably worth another try up forward when not injured.

Jacks Back
Saintsational Legend

Brunswicksainter wrote: Mon 17 Jun 2019 7:24pm Shouldn't of been on the ground if he had an injury so debilitating that it caused him to miss successive 15 metre set shots on a minimal angles.
We needed him to keep playing for the mid rotations due to the heat. So he done well.

As ex-president Peter Summers said:
“If we are going to be a contender, we may as well plan to win the bloody thing.”

St Kilda - At least we have a Crest!
PADDLEPOP1001
Club Player

Was a forward in his underage years & quite good but we seem to want to turn everyone into a HBF,we have a possible 14 Hbf on our list time to move some around!

PADDLEPOP1000
stkfc1
Club Player

Considering he was on one leg for the majority of the game, thought he was good. He's got good hands and his body work.was good. He actually looked pretty dangerous up forward. I'm tipping if he wasnt trying to kick off a bad leg, he would have nailed one of those goals and we'd all be pretty wrapped with him. If he misses this week then he comes in the week after regardless. Kid has got something and we need to see him on the park.

Scollop
Saintsational Legend

Will he be fit for this week?

Ghost Like
Saintsational Legend

stkfc1 wrote: Tue 18 Jun 2019 7:24pm Considering he was on one leg for the majority of the game, thought he was good. He's got good hands and his body work.was good. He actually looked pretty dangerous up forward. I'm tipping if he wasnt trying to kick off a bad leg, he would have nailed one of those goals and we'd all be pretty wrapped with him. If he misses this week then he comes in the week after regardless. Kid has got something and we need to see him on the park.
Agree, is a beautiful kick when both his legs are healthy. Both those misses were identical which shows the effect the injury had on his kicking. Love the kid presented and contested even when lame.

Also agree with above that both White and Paton should be part of our backline for the future. The fact White looked at home in the forward line is a bonus for flexibility.

freely
SS Hall of Fame

Whenever we bring in a new player - or almost always - we play them as a forward, no matter what they've been doing at Sandy. Is it so they can get used to the pace of the game without making a major c**k-up in the back half that might (a) cost us a goal and (b) destroy their confidence? Seems to me there must be a reason - it can't be that we're the only ones who know what position they usually play.

Ghost Like
Saintsational Legend

I'm guessing you are referring to Hind as White started back and ended up forward through circumstance / injury, to allow rotations.

I actually saw merit in playing Hind forward because we omitted our supposed pressure players in Long & Young. Hind did an excellent job in that respect. I hope he holds his place.

I do understand your sentiments though, it has been a feature of this years selections.