Where’s the “I told you so” crowd now?

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

The Fireman
Saintsational Legend

Re: Where’s the “I told you so” crowd now?

shanegrambeau wrote: Mon 24 Jun 2019 10:55am
The Fireman wrote: Mon 24 Jun 2019 10:17am ....now the playing field is a lot more even and....(it’s) a lot harder to accept.
I guess it’s relative but look at the ladder right now. One Melbourne team in the top eight, plus Geelong*. ( *has such an advantage with its home ground, it is practically an interstate team now.)

The bottom teams are familiar, except for Carlton who still haven’t recovered from being punished nearly twenty years ago.

Bulldogs won a flag and we almost did too. North a few prelims and Melbourne the odd surge, but generally a familiar story. Melbourne teams like us have been at such a disadvantage for so long it’s a wonder we even exist - or rather we are taken for granted as a backdrop to launch the interstate clubs.

I think it filters down to every level, from fixtures to Barry Hall’s love tap being ignored by the tribunal.

I think Collingwood have been quite successful in rallying but even they have hurt. St Kilda needs to take back something from all this. I just don’t know what or how. Let’s hope winning a few games kicks it off.
you're right of course but I did say "more" even ;)

The Craw
Club Player

The Fireman wrote: Mon 24 Jun 2019 10:17am I heard that people were leaving in droves 3rd Qrt..I can't remember that ever happening in the past.
This is truly a sad period in the clubs history... my only anger is towards the trolls on here who consistently and falsely rap the club up, i find it disrespectful to both fellow fans and the club.
I have enjoyed many a pot with friends before the game and sometimes after :) and hope you enjoy many more.
Firey, last season people where leaving at half time ...... It was the worst season I have ever witnessed by a St Kilda side, that includes the 80's.

My biggest fear is that the club is losing relevance. It is not tribal anymore and if it is not competitive it will not attract new supporters.

There are so many options out there now for the rank an file to spend their hard earned in an entertainment sense. I really think it is crisis time and the club needs to act.

Not Craw, CRAW!
The Fireman
Saintsational Legend

The Craw wrote: Mon 24 Jun 2019 11:05am
The Fireman wrote: Mon 24 Jun 2019 10:17am I heard that people were leaving in droves 3rd Qrt..I can't remember that ever happening in the past.
This is truly a sad period in the clubs history... my only anger is towards the trolls on here who consistently and falsely rap the club up, i find it disrespectful to both fellow fans and the club.
I have enjoyed many a pot with friends before the game and sometimes after :) and hope you enjoy many more.
Firey, last season people where leaving at half time ...... It was the worst season I have ever witnessed by a St Kilda side, that includes the 80's.

My biggest fear is that the club is losing relevance. It is not tribal anymore and if it is not competitive it will not attract new supporters.

There are so many options out there now for the rank an file to spend their hard earned in an entertainment sense. I really think it is crisis time and the club needs to act.
Wasn't there to see that so didn't realise but I maintain the vibe was better in the 80's when we lost most games and yes...crisis times.

freely
SS Hall of Fame

You can't blame people for walking out at 3/4 time - I was looking at those players and thinking, f-me, you get paid for hanging about here for the 4th quarter, I don't get paid for watching it!

shanegrambeau
Saintsational Legend

The Craw wrote: Mon 24 Jun 2019 11:05am
This is truly a sad period in the clubs history...

I really think it is crisis time and the club needs to act.
Agree. And the AFL making crowds “behave appropriately” just sucking more oxygen out of the experience. Not to condone violence in any form.

I hope we can create something. I honestly believe the Saints are an iconic club and we have one ace up our sleeve, St Kilda itself, and its off-beat nature as well as the generally great location that St Kilda is. I know people will laugh, but I think we have to have some presence at the Junction Oval. Cricket only have it now because they were squeezed out of the MCG by x,y and z.

You're quite brilliant Shane, yeah..terrific!
thejiggingsaint
Saintsational Legend

Ghost Like wrote: Mon 24 Jun 2019 10:16am You're an absolute bewdy "thejiggingsaint"! Keep the faith, pray that whatever it is that holds St Kilda back, be that incompetence, a curse or an inability to learn from past mistakes dissipates and you get to enjoy a blood & tear stained 2nd premiership.
Colleague, I have a tear in my eye reading your comments...... to be referred to as "an absolute bewdy" by another member of this Saints family of mine, is something I treasure!! Be assured, I intend to do my utmost to be there when the Saints lift the cup...... but fear that it may just be from the inside of my urn!!! :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Go Saints!!!! and to hell with the rest!!!!!!!

St Kilda forever 🔴⚪️⚫️ ( God help me)