Team v Tigers

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

WellardSaint
Saintsational Legend
Location: Perth- the best weather in Oz, but the worst rednecks.

Re: Team v Tigers

Saintmatt wrote: Thu 27 Jun 2019 8:03pm
Special wrote: Thu 27 Jun 2019 7:33pm Can’t wait for Cho to be sacked now.

Thought he’d finally bend his “rule” and drop Nenwes , but nah, let him and his butcher mate Ross keep doing their usual garbage.
Perfectly put. That’s diabolical from Cho and his Match Committee.

Newnes has 1 kick in 120 mins - off the back of an average month - and that’s rewarded with another game. WTF???

I’m now starting to think he’s actually trying to get himself sacked.

And now Sam Rowe as well? Jeepers. Where are we actually at as a club? Seriously. Where are we?
'Insanity' is repeating the same thing that keeps failing in the hope it will eventually work.

A real Sainter will pledge allegiance to the ❤🤍🖤 and despise the Pies, the Blues, and the Injectors.
Remember one of the 10 Commandments : Thou shalt have no other team before thee
Yorkeys
Saintsational Legend

Marsh is a soft target. Selectors should be ashamed of what they dish up. Love to know the process, if there is one. Ouija board?

Linton Lodger
SS Hall of Fame

older saint wrote: Thu 27 Jun 2019 8:34pm Once again match committee starts with 18 players automatically on the board and the remaining 6 juggled.

Rowe in front of Brown?
Marsh not allowed to settle in a spot
Newnes -guaranteed a spot now with Kent " needed the experience"

Ideally from this add:
Out: Armitage, Newness
In: Steele, Patton, Langlands, Coffield
They would be good changes.

Kick-it-lace-out
Club Player

saintbob wrote: Thu 27 Jun 2019 7:47pm No Nathan Brown but we include Sam Rowe in the extended bench, WTF, surely they can’t be f****** serious.
Richo nailing his own coffin shut.

tedtheodorelogan2018
SS Life Member

Tigers have a small forward setup. No need for too many tall backs.

Posters that have admitted they were wrong about Hanna's gastro and the club didn't create a cover story.
Total = 1.
WellardSaint
Saintsational Legend
Location: Perth- the best weather in Oz, but the worst rednecks.

Newnes on extended bench is the closest he has been to getting dropped.
I can't recall another time he wasn't in the starting 22, on wing or HBF.

This might be a good sign that he's playing in babypoo this weekend.

A real Sainter will pledge allegiance to the ❤🤍🖤 and despise the Pies, the Blues, and the Injectors.
Remember one of the 10 Commandments : Thou shalt have no other team before thee
stkfc1
Club Player

quote=Saintmatt post_id=1801751 time=1561626421 user_id=21054]
tedtheodorelogan2018 wrote: Thu 27 Jun 2019 7:55pm
saynta wrote: Thu 27 Jun 2019 7:49pm
Special wrote: Thu 27 Jun 2019 7:33pm Can’t wait for Cho to be sacked now.

Thought he’d finally bend his “rule” and drop Nenwes , but nah, let him and his butcher mate Ross keep doing their usual garbage.
Give sacking the coach a rest ffs. :roll: :roll:
It's never ending hey....

Richo....Newnes....Ross....photos....butchers....🙄🙄🙄
Saynta/Ted/Trev - can you not see the absolute an utter madness in Cho and his Match Committee doing the same goddamn thing over and over and over ... presumably expecting a different result?

It’s now beyond a joke. Ross is a deplorable decision maker and an even worse kick (field or at goal). And Newnes had 1 kick in 120 mins of football. 1 kick!! Off the back of an average month.

You can’t blame the rusted on fans venting their displeasure at this continuing sh1tshow.

For the record - I’d give anything to avoid another sacking but I can’t blame others for seeking this after tonight.
[/quote]

If Newnes plays, and I'm assuming Richo has a say on who plays, then he dosent have the gumption to be the head coach and should leave or be shown the door, as this will clearly show he has no idea what he needs to do to keep his own job. There is not a single other team that would allow Newnes to keep playing.

suss
Club Player

Yorkeys wrote: Thu 27 Jun 2019 8:57pm Marsh is a soft target. Selectors should be ashamed of what they dish up. Love to know the process, if there is one. Ouija board?
I thought Marsh was ok too, and has shown enough to keep his spot.

Jacks Back
Saintsational Legend

saintsRrising wrote: Thu 27 Jun 2019 8:48pm
DJ Higgins wrote: Thu 27 Jun 2019 7:48pm What did brown do to not deserve a call up? Just stupid
Having a lack of tall Richmond forwards to play on which is also why Marsh is out.
But Rowe may come in who's a full back

As ex-president Peter Summers said:
“If we are going to be a contender, we may as well plan to win the bloody thing.”

St Kilda - At least we have a Crest!
derby Street
Club Player

suss wrote: Thu 27 Jun 2019 10:11pm
Yorkeys wrote: Thu 27 Jun 2019 8:57pm Marsh is a soft target. Selectors should be ashamed of what they dish up. Love to know the process, if there is one. Ouija board?
Marsh has been dead set ordinary - but Rowe WTF?

King12
Club Player

derby Street wrote: Fri 28 Jun 2019 12:06am
suss wrote: Thu 27 Jun 2019 10:11pm
Marsh has been dead set ordinary - but Rowe WTF?
Marshall is tired, so Rowe may give him a chop out, simple as that, Nicky D basically stated that during the week!

vantheman
Club Player

This story strongly suggests that Newnes will definitely be dropped

https://www.theage.com.au/sport/afl/sai ... 521yv.html

Newnes has been named on St Kilda's eight-man bench for their meeting with Richmond on Sunday.

However The Age understands that the midfielder is on the chopping block ahead of the Marvel Stadium clash, and is not in the Saints' planned final 22[/
b].

kosifantutti
Saintsational Legend

Loving the rants about Rowe and Newnes.

Let’s not wait for the final team.

BTW. I CANNOT BELIEVE ARMITAGE IS PLAYING AGAIN!

Macquarie Dictionary Word of the Year for 2023 "Kosi Lives"
Yorkeys
Saintsational Legend

Paton, White, Phillips, Coffield, Clavarino all need to be injured not to play - they are a part - or should be - of any future we have. There are four sides a win and big percentage ahead of us so finals means winning at a minimum two games more than any three of them with 9 to go, including Geelong and Adelaide away. If Richmond beat us that task gets considerably harder (improbable to highly improbable/impossible), Swans and Dogs are looking to go past us soonish, possibly Melbourne and North as well. Selection could possibly help the club by forgetting the myth of 2019 finals and giving young players a game without threat of being dropped for several games. Good chance to develop a new style as well. We couldn't possibly muck up the early draft pick we get this year, could we - might even go for a chap that can play in the coming calendar year.

HighettMan
Club Player

To the top wrote: Thu 27 Jun 2019 8:31pm The first question is who has been selected at Sandringham this weekend

Then who of those players replaces who of the 26 selected (noting 4 of the 26 will be emergencies - so which 4?)

In terms of the line up published I would much prefer Acres named in the centre instead of in a forward pocket

And I view Carlisle as an outer line defender - not a last line defender

With Battle on a flank alongside him

Then who at full back?

It comes down to options

So the vitriolic anti rants on here carry no credibility unless options are suggested - with reasoning

Our forward line is compromised because we only have Bruce over mid fielder size - so Mc Cartin and King are being badly missed

I note that Rowe has been rucking at Sandringham so perhaps his inclusion is to support Marshall leaving Bruce to play exclusively as a forward - so a structural change

There are some tin pot contributions on here
I've been saying for over 2 years one of our biggest issues is the lack of a tall forward is badly missing, it'sba big part of why we haven't been able to execute our game plan.

And I also called it last week that Jake & Josh who I I will refered to as J squared from here on in, or J2.

J2 are going to be our force in the backline for the future, they are both awesome interceptors and attacking defenders. They give us uber flexibility in that setup. Can even sneak forward for a drive by goal.

Have the courage to call out r ACE ism
SaintPav
Saintsational Legend

Omg

Holder of unacceptable views and other thought crimes.
spert
Saintsational Legend

saintbob wrote: Thu 27 Jun 2019 7:47pm No Nathan Brown but we include Sam Rowe in the extended bench, WTF, surely they can’t be f****** serious.
Bloody mysterious

DJ Higgins
Club Player

saintsRrising wrote: Thu 27 Jun 2019 8:48pm
DJ Higgins wrote: Thu 27 Jun 2019 7:48pm What did brown do to not deserve a call up? Just stupid
Having a lack of tall Richmond forwards to play on which is also why Marsh is out.
Fair comment but based on last weeks debacle in defence wouldn't you play him for his experience and leadership

Special
Club Player

kosifantutti wrote: Fri 28 Jun 2019 7:47am Loving the rants about Rowe and Newnes.

The whole club is in a shambles at the moment. Reality is our coach of 6 years is almost done, and if the talk of Scott waiting in the wings to take over are true, we essentially are in a void at the moment.

outside66
Club Player

In more positive news, isn't it brilliant that Steele is back!? Missed him enormously and I'm quite excited at the idea of a Steele, Hannaz, Ross, Gresh midfield.

Also, FWIW, with Kent going out I reckon Newnes could be sent to the forward line where he did quite well last year (providing he's in the final 22 obviously) and Benny Long is sent to HB as this is where he played last week for Sandy. Could be a good move and would get him involved in the game more I reckon.

Sainter_Dad
Saintsational Legend

HighettMan wrote: Fri 28 Jun 2019 8:20am
And I also called it last week that Jake & Josh who I I will refered to as J squared from here on in, or J2.

J2 are going to be our force in the backline for the future, they are both awesome interceptors and attacking defenders. They give us uber flexibility in that setup. Can even sneak forward for a drive by goal.
"who I I will refered to as J squared from here on in, or J2" is longer than "Jake and Josh" so either you seriously cut your message because it makes no sense to define a term and use it once - lol

“Youth ages, immaturity is outgrown, ignorance can be educated, and drunkenness sobered, but stupid lasts forever.”

― Aristophanes

If you have a Bee in your Bonnet - I can assist you with that - but it WILL involve some smacking upside the head!
kosifantutti
Saintsational Legend

Special wrote: Fri 28 Jun 2019 10:09am
kosifantutti wrote: Fri 28 Jun 2019 7:47am Loving the rants about Rowe and Newnes.

The whole club is in a shambles at the moment. Reality is our coach of 6 years is almost done, and if the talk of Scott waiting in the wings to take over are true, we essentially are in a void at the moment.
OK?

Macquarie Dictionary Word of the Year for 2023 "Kosi Lives"
Saintmatt
SS Life Member

outside66 wrote: Fri 28 Jun 2019 11:05am In more positive news, isn't it brilliant that Steele is back!? Missed him enormously and I'm quite excited at the idea of a Steele, Hannaz, Ross, Gresh midfield.

Also, FWIW, with Kent going out I reckon Newnes could be sent to the forward line where he did quite well last year (providing he's in the final 22 obviously) and Benny Long is sent to HB as this is where he played last week for Sandy. Could be a good move and would get him involved in the game more I reckon.
I'm excited "at the idea of a Steele, Hannaz, Ross, Gresh midfield" ... except for the Ross bit. I think he's a diabolical midfielder. Poor decision maker, slow, ridiculously one-sided, no aggression and a horrible kick.

Go you red, black & white warriors
outside66
Club Player

Saintmatt wrote: Fri 28 Jun 2019 12:25pm
outside66 wrote: Fri 28 Jun 2019 11:05am In more positive news, isn't it brilliant that Steele is back!? Missed him enormously and I'm quite excited at the idea of a Steele, Hannaz, Ross, Gresh midfield.

I'm excited "at the idea of a Steele, Hannaz, Ross, Gresh midfield" ... except for the Ross bit. I think he's a diabolical midfielder. Poor decision maker, slow, ridiculously one-sided, no aggression and a horrible kick.
I think Ross is better when he's not the number 1 in the middle. I reckon the combo of Hannaz and Steele will take some of that pressure off Ross which hopefully frees him up abit.

stkfc1
Club Player

Saintmatt wrote: Fri 28 Jun 2019 12:25pm

Anyone wonder why Ross is allowed to be such an accumulator? He's never tagged. Why? Because the opposition would want him to have the ball over anyone of our other mids as they know what will happen when ball is in his hand. They can set up play knowing it will be either a long bomb or a turnover disposal. Its the same for Geary. They'd prefer him trying to get it out of our D50 than a Webster or Savage as its more likely to result in a turnover. Ross needs to be given strict instructions to.handball to outside runners at any opportunity. This would change his effect in the team significantly.