Umpire number 2 Nick Foot

Re: Umpire number 2 Nick Foot

Oh for god sake. Before pointing the finger at the umpires have a look at our supporters. Last week we needed to be vocal. We werent. Our home game and we should of been screaming "ball" instead our hard tackling went unrewarded. We sit there passively. Why do you think collingwood, essendon, richmond, West coast get frees, because their supporters are vocal. Perhaps if we stepped up we would get more. Lets face it, the umpires know they arent going to cop a chorus of boo's from us. Last week we were right in the game and our supporters were theatre goers. So have a look at yourselves first, can you do more at games??? Dont have to abuse, swear etc just barrack and appeal for free kicks. That would do a lot more than bitching on a forum that the umpires would never even dream of reading

Ape_Man

The_Dud wrote: Sun 07 Jul 2019 7:16pm Yeah, we need L Fisher to umpire every game for us, seeing as its widely acknowledged and accepted that he blatantly cheats for us, like when he single handedly got us over the line against the Blues!

You can’t take the Saints out of the boy!
No thanks. Generally over-compensates and absolutely smashes us...'widely acknowledged'.
Can someone find out Fishers stats when umpiring us?

Would help in putting this opinion to bed.

Ape_Man wrote: Sun 07 Jul 2019 7:30pm
The_Dud wrote: Sun 07 Jul 2019 7:16pm Yeah, we need L Fisher to umpire every game for us, seeing as its widely acknowledged and accepted that he blatantly cheats for us, like when he single handedly got us over the line against the Blues!

No thanks. Generally over-compensates and absolutely smashes us...'widely acknowledged'.

Ignore dud he’s a ex umpire. Umpires that are only allowed to be graded and judged by other umpires is why they should rarely be listened too.

I don't think they put up umpiring stats (short of a general free kick count)...I reckon StPeter might have been adding these up his/herself. This forum has had a number of vents at Leigh Fisher over the years, the only time he's called anything of note towards us was the Blues game, and I've only ever heard Blues supporters kick up a stink over that.

Ape_Man

mullet wrote:Oh for god sake. Before pointing the finger at the umpires have a look at our supporters. Last week we needed to be vocal. We werent. Our home game and we should of been screaming "ball" instead our hard tackling went unrewarded. We sit there passively. Why do you think collingwood, essendon, richmond, West coast get frees, because their supporters are vocal. Perhaps if we stepped up we would get more. Lets face it, the umpires know they arent going to cop a chorus of boo's from us. Last week we were right in the game and our supporters were theatre goers. So have a look at yourselves first, can you do more at games??? Dont have to abuse, swear etc just barrack and appeal for free kicks. That would do a lot more than bitching on a forum that the umpires would never even dream of reading
So now it’s the supporters fault?

I can just picture the quarter time huddle. ‘These jokers in the stand are too quiet. Let’s show them and play crap. That’ll teach ’em.’

kosifantutti wrote:I’d like to see a replay of the holding the ball he eventually paid against Jake. Cunnington just seemed to reach over his shoulder causing the ball to spill.
The tackle doesn’t need to be fair apparently.

Ape_Man

I don't think they put up umpiring stats (short of a general free kick count)...I reckon StPeter might have been adding these up his/herself. This forum has had a number of vents at Leigh Fisher over the years, the only time he's called anything of note towards us was the Blues game, and I've only ever heard Blues supporters kick up a stink over that.
Well that makes it tough to find the truth.

Whom do I believe?

mullet wrote: Sun 07 Jul 2019 7:27pm Oh for god sake. Before pointing the finger at the umpires have a look at our supporters. Last week we needed to be vocal. We werent. Our home game and we should of been screaming "ball" instead our hard tackling went unrewarded. We sit there passively. Why do you think collingwood, essendon, richmond, West coast get frees, because their supporters are vocal. Perhaps if we stepped up we would get more. Lets face it, the umpires know they arent going to cop a chorus of boo's from us. Last week we were right in the game and our supporters were theatre goers. So have a look at yourselves first, can you do more at games??? Dont have to abuse, swear etc just barrack and appeal for free kicks. That would do a lot more than bitching on a forum that the umpires would never even dream of reading
Thanked by mistake. Supporters at the game no influence. North were as docile as us. Purely an umpires interpretation or bias.

Did someone really suggest it’s the crowds fault we didn’t get frees?

So the umpires listen to crowd noise in order to make decisions? F*** me, no wonder the get abused,

kosifantutti wrote: Sun 07 Jul 2019 7:35pm
kosifantutti wrote:I’d like to see a replay of the holding the ball he eventually paid against Jake. Cunnington just seemed to reach over his shoulder causing the ball to spill.
Conversely, how many standard tackles did we lay were called high after we tackled them around the shoulders?

In regard to Mullett's comment, how loud were supporters in the last when Skunk slipped over in front of goal, had a North player land in the middle of his back, and was called holding??? Tassie Sainters made plenty of noise, but North, along with the Doggies, are amongst the umpiring fraternity's favourites...noise won't make much difference.

Ape_Man wrote: Sun 07 Jul 2019 7:36pm

Whom do I believe?
A troll who (it is widely acknowledged) only talks about how great the umpires are, or a Saints supporter who watches the footy? Hmmm...

On Fisher,

Given his history with us, do supporters honestly believe he would show a bias towards us.

Typical ignorant supporter speak.

kosifantutti wrote: Sun 07 Jul 2019 7:35pm
If it were the other way around, 'too high' free for Norf

Ghost Like wrote: Sun 07 Jul 2019 7:37pm
mullet wrote: Sun 07 Jul 2019 7:27pm Oh for god sake. Before pointing the finger at the umpires have a look at our supporters. Last week we needed to be vocal. We werent. Our home game and we should of been screaming "ball" instead our hard tackling went unrewarded. We sit there passively. Why do you think collingwood, essendon, richmond, West coast get frees, because their supporters are vocal. Perhaps if we stepped up we would get more. Lets face it, the umpires know they arent going to cop a chorus of boo's from us. Last week we were right in the game and our supporters were theatre goers. So have a look at yourselves first, can you do more at games??? Dont have to abuse, swear etc just barrack and appeal for free kicks. That would do a lot more than bitching on a forum that the umpires would never even dream of reading
Thanked by mistake. Supporters at the game no influence. North were as docile as us. Purely an umpires interpretation or bias.
I was referring to last week the richmond game but it is every week. Sick of people blaming umpires. Our "home" games are a joke

Ape_Man wrote: Sun 07 Jul 2019 7:33pm
mullet wrote:Oh for god sake. Before pointing the finger at the umpires have a look at our supporters. Last week we needed to be vocal. We werent. Our home game and we should of been screaming "ball" instead our hard tackling went unrewarded. We sit there passively. Why do you think collingwood, essendon, richmond, West coast get frees, because their supporters are vocal. Perhaps if we stepped up we would get more. Lets face it, the umpires know they arent going to cop a chorus of boo's from us. Last week we were right in the game and our supporters were theatre goers. So have a look at yourselves first, can you do more at games??? Dont have to abuse, swear etc just barrack and appeal for free kicks. That would do a lot more than bitching on a forum that the umpires would never even dream of reading

I can just picture the quarter time huddle. ‘These jokers in the stand are too quiet. Let’s show them and play crap. That’ll teach ’em.’
Huh??? Talking about the umpires and our supporters not the players and supporters. And yep we could do more

Round 10, St Kilda v Carlton.

L Fisher, 15 frees for Saints, 3 for Blues.

Directly resulting in 4 goals 3 for us.

How much did we win that game by again?

degruch wrote: Sun 07 Jul 2019 7:40pm
Ape_Man wrote: Sun 07 Jul 2019 7:36pm

Whom do I believe?
A troll who (it is widely acknowledged) only talks about how great the umpires are, or a Saints supporter who watches the footy? Hmmm...
I’m not the one obsessed with talking about umpires, commenting on every decision and noting who pays or doesn’t pay what and when, that’s only for real losers.

I’d rather no one mentioned the umpires and we stuck to talking about the Saints.

But habitual sooks gotta sook I suppose...

Ape_Man

The_Dud wrote:

Thanks for digging that up.

I am more interested in the whole, but this is something.

StPeter wrote: Sun 07 Jul 2019 7:03pm The final tally for Foot was 12 to North and 0 StKilda. (+4 goals)

The other two umpires gave 12 to North and 16 to StKilda.

It is not only the ones he gives against us but the several he refuses to give to the saints and it is this way EVERY time he umpires our matches.
Is this for real? Dodgy AF

Ape_Man

mullet wrote:

Huh??? Talking about the umpires and our supporters not the players and supporters. And yep we could do more
I was being facetious.

But we should have a department dedicated to swinging changes based on crowd noise.

Crap, now I’m being sarcastic.

Umpiring equivalent of the goal review process.

The_Dud wrote: Sun 07 Jul 2019 8:26pm

Lier.

Funny that you lie and umpire 2 still fingered us worse than that.

Ape_Man wrote: Sun 07 Jul 2019 8:33pm
mullet wrote:

I was being facetious.

But we should have a department dedicated to swinging changes based on crowd noise.

Crap, now I’m being sarcastic.
Why must you be any of those things. Kind of looses it when you have to explain. Oh well.

We’re those free kicks warranted?
Doesn’t matter if it’s 100 free kicks to 1
It matters if correct decisions are made

Otherwise on today’s count today we were screwed.

And we were on the receiving end of some shockers today, I reckon Jake’s feedback to the umpire didn’t help much.