According to fox Dunstan wants a two year contract

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

desertsaint
Saintsational Legend

Re: According to fox Dunstan wants a two year contract

anyone knocking dunstan is obviously doing so without regard to his role and comparison with his teammates who decidely can not do that same role.
i've heard the most ridiculous statements such as 'we'd be a better team when we don't need him'.
may as well say if i won lotto i'd be wealthy. geelong would be a far better team if they didn't need danger. totally irrelevant statement. a waste of words.

"The starting point of all achievement is desire. "
BarryGrogan
Club Player

desertsaint wrote: Sun 04 Aug 2019 2:35pm anyone knocking dunstan is obviously doing so without regard to his role and comparison with his teammates who decidely can not do that same role.
i've heard the most ridiculous statements such as 'we'd be a better team when we don't need him'.
may as well say if i won lotto i'd be wealthy. geelong would be a far better team if they didn't need danger. totally irrelevant statement. a waste of words.
I think he's an average midfielder.

Ordinary disposal, not a huge accumulator, not quick, and awful below his knees.

He's brave, tries hard and from all reports is a good leader.

He deserves his spot in the team - but as long as there's no one better than him, we're going to be an ordinary team.

Seriously, how could be make Adelaide look fast?

Because Dunstan. That's why.

B.M
Saintsational Legend

He does apparently block though!

Trev from the Bush
SS Life Member

I am certain nobody at the Club, Luke Dunstan included, cares about the thoughts of Dunstan knockers. Nor would they have bothered to draw up / tear up a draft contract at 2:00AM this morning based on your thoughts.

Very good player, taken 100 games to develop into the hard, contested-ball winner that he is and will only get better. Leave the contract details to the Club.

Saint supporter since '62
BarryGrogan
Club Player

Trev from the Bush wrote: Sun 04 Aug 2019 7:02pm I am certain nobody at the Club, Luke Dunstan included, cares about the thoughts of Dunstan knockers. Nor would they have bothered to draw up / tear up a draft contract at 2:00AM this morning based on your thoughts.

Very good player, taken 100 games to develop into the hard, contested-ball winner that he is and will only get better. Leave the contract details to the Club.
He can't bend over. You obviously follow him closely - do you know if he's carrying a back injury or something?

B.M
Saintsational Legend

Taken 100 games to develop?

He was pretty good from day 1 the knock on him was that he haven’t developed much since?

I think he’s a serviceable on baller with limitations

mad saint guy
Saintsational Legend

I've been a massive critic of Dunstan over the years but I think he has finally lifted his game to a solid level this year and we should be keeping him. We're in a strange position in regards to contracts right now.

If the following players weren't contracted, and a fresh set of eyes looked over the list post-season, I suspect these players would be delisted/forcibly retired:

McCartin
Kent
McKenzie
Young
Roberton

Possibly Hannebery as well depending on medical advice.

Spinner
Saintsational Legend

get it done.

Puts his body in. 100 game player. I great form.

milney044
Club Player

I must be watching a different no 7 running around because to me he's very good below the knees. His hands are exceptionally quick and he along with Steele are the ones in and under dishing the ball out. He is always first in and goes in hard. Anyway, hope we sign him up. He's still young and will continue to improve IMO.

Destiny. It's in our hands.

Harder. Better. Faster. Stronger.
BarryGrogan
Club Player

milney044 wrote: Mon 05 Aug 2019 8:58am I must be watching a different no 7 running around because to me he's very good below the knees. His hands are exceptionally quick and he along with Steele are the ones in and under dishing the ball out. He is always first in and goes in hard. Anyway, hope we sign him up. He's still young and will continue to improve IMO.
You must be. He can't bend over. Fumbled twice below his knees on Saturday again because he couldn't bend low enough.

I hadn't noticed it until the Bulldogs game. But he did it at crucial times against them and Melbourne too.

Haven't noticed it prior though - so perhaps he's carrying something?

freely
SS Hall of Fame

He also seems to be an excellent clubman - and we don't have too many of those (consider disinterested performances we so often get from billings, gresh, Carlisle...)