Umpire number 2 Nick Foot

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

kosifantutti
Saintsational Legend

Re: Umpire number 2 Nick Foot

StPeter wrote: Wed 10 Jul 2019 7:02pm
kosifantutti wrote: Wed 10 Jul 2019 5:05pm
StPeter wrote: Sun 07 Jul 2019 7:03pm The final tally for Foot was 12 to North and 0 StKilda. (+4 goals)

The other two umpires gave 12 to North and 16 to StKilda.

It is not only the ones he gives against us but the several he refuses to give to the saints and it is this way EVERY time he umpires our matches.
I’m calling bulls*** on these stats. As well as those on Leigh Fisher.

I tried to check out our frees and it is very difficult to work out who is paying frees as half the time the umpire is off screen and you would have to know the umpire’s voice.

But at 18:00 minutes to go in the second quarter, umpire number 2 clearly pays holding the ball to Newnes. So any suggestion that he paid 0 free kicks to us is clearly false.

I accept that my stats for the North and Suns game could be out by one or two either way but the premise of my posts is still correct. Even the official AFL stats can be incorrect by a small margin on many occasions.

I challenge you to take out your own stats of these two matches and you will see how close I am. In fact take out stats on just about any St KIlda match that Nick Foot has umpired over the past seven years and you will find the evidence overwhelming.
As I said, most of the time the umpire is off screen. So I won’t bother trying to guess which umpire’s voice that is and get it wrong 67% of the time.

But the two decisions he gave within 3 seconds against Carlisle were absolute howlers.

Macquarie Dictionary Word of the Year for 2023 "Kosi Lives"
SaintPav
Saintsational Legend

The_Dud wrote: Wed 10 Jul 2019 6:19pm
SaintPav wrote: Wed 10 Jul 2019 3:57pm
The_Dud wrote: Wed 10 Jul 2019 2:13pm
SaintPav wrote: Wed 10 Jul 2019 11:08am
The_Dud wrote: Wed 10 Jul 2019 10:02am
SaintPav wrote: Wed 10 Jul 2019 8:59am Dudley, it's a proven and irrefutable fact that struggling teams get a bum wrap with the umpires. That's not a conspiracy but it is our current reality.

Folk on here are just venting because they're not allowed to vent anymore at the football because feelings might get hurt. It's just letting off a bit of steam and it's harmless. Not sure why you need to continually get your knickers in a knot about it.
Firstly, “proven and irrefutable fact”? Link please.

Secondly, if the above is true, saying less skilled teams generally make more mistakes therefore giving away more free kicks sounds perfectly reasonable to me, no sign of a conspiracy.

Thirdly, folks are allowed to vent at the football. And the poster who spams the match thread purely about umpiring every week is not at the game.

Fourthly, there’s a difference between “letting off a bit of steam” and having numerous threads dedicated to absurd conspiracies that attack the character of umpires and implies they are the reason we are losing games and not reasons under the St Kilda FC control. And I’m also allowed to point out how ridiculous they’re being.

And finally, I don’t think my knickers have ever been knotted?
You're allowed and so am I, but so is Curly. It's called FREE SPEECH.

There's no link and I don't need to prove anything. I said we generally get a bum wrap with the umpires. That's it. You're welcome to disprove it, but I really don't care.

I did not use the word "conspiracy"? (possibly the most misused and misunderstood word in the lingua franca).

Finally, your work is irrelevant to AFL umpiring, though, just like your posting style, it just sounds to me that you and your employer think that you are above public criticism. That doesn't sound very transparent and accountable to me, more like hubris and exceptionalism. I just hope they aren't abusing their power because I don't reckon self-reflection is one of your key strengths, Dudley.
“Proven and irrefutable fact” got downgraded to “There's no link and I don't need to prove anything. I said we generally get a bum wrap with the umpires” pretty quick there! And the burden of proof is on the one making the assertion, Pav.

Free speech again? (Next you’ll be telling me about your right to bear arms). Free speech is not speech free from consequences. If you say dumb stuff be prepared for someone to call you on it.

I only referenced my work to emphasise my position in response to BFTUSA doing the same thing first to explain his position.

And believe me, if my workplace was any more transparent it would be declared a safety hazard.
There's not a link to everything and there aren't any easy answers. You just can't "Google it". Do your own original research and analysis, which I'm sure will find that we do really really well with the umps. :roll:

The old actions have consequences faulty argument. Oooh, I'm so scared. :roll:

Dudley's been triggered. Someone call a wambulance!!

NEWS FLASH: Venting about umpiring is not considered hate speech!

Gun control!? Now that's a good one, but it's irrelevant. :D

The Dudley doth protest too much about their purpose, methinks. It sounds like you're rationalising, which means that your workplace is opaque and corrupt.
Gee whiz, you old fellas have really gone off the deep end! I’ll try piece together that last lot of random sentences you tried to string together :?

If you didn’t understand the US references, that’s ok, I’ll be sure to make them more obvious in future :D

Love how after wiping the egg off your face over your "proven and irrefutable fact" where you don't actually have any proof or facts, you try to recover by goading me with a very juvenile and lazy 'wambulance' dig. But when i look a bit closer...
SaintPav wrote: Mon 08 Jul 2019 9:22am :o

That's not very nice.
saynta wrote: Mon 08 Jul 2019 12:01pm
Calling fellow posters "nuffies with no f****** idea is highly offensive.

I hope someone reports you.
Sorry, so who was triggered again? I guess people are so easily offended these days... :shock: :lol:
WTF! Digging up jokey posts to prove a point? You really put a bit of effort into this.

:D

Very interesting.

Dudley, you sound like you have a fetish for authority.
Weird.

Oink!

Holder of unacceptable views and other thought crimes.
SaintPav
Saintsational Legend

SaintPav wrote: Wed 10 Jul 2019 8:59am Dudley, it's a proven and irrefutable fact that struggling teams get a bum wrap with the umpires. That's not a conspiracy but it is our current reality.

Folk on here are just venting because they're not allowed to vent anymore at the football because feelings might get hurt. It's just letting off a bit of steam and it's harmless. Not sure why you need to continually get your knickers in a knot about it.

Secondly, if the above is true, saying less skilled teams generally make more mistakes therefore giving away more free kicks sounds perfectly reasonable to me, no sign of a conspiracy.

Thirdly, folks are allowed to vent at the football. And the poster who spams the match thread purely about umpiring every week is not at the game.

Fourthly, there’s a difference between “letting off a bit of steam” and having numerous threads dedicated to absurd conspiracies that attack the character of umpires and implies they are the reason we are losing games and not reasons under the St Kilda FC control. And I’m also allowed to point out how ridiculous they’re being.

There's no link and I don't need to prove anything. I said we generally get a bum wrap with the umpires. That's it. You're welcome to disprove it, but I really don't care.

I did not use the word "conspiracy"? (possibly the most misused and misunderstood word in the lingua franca).

Finally, your work is irrelevant to AFL umpiring, though, just like your posting style, it just sounds to me that you and your employer think that you are above public criticism. That doesn't sound very transparent and accountable to me, more like hubris and exceptionalism. I just hope they aren't abusing their power because I don't reckon self-reflection is one of your key strengths, Dudley.
“Proven and irrefutable fact” got downgraded to “There's no link and I don't need to prove anything. I said we generally get a bum wrap with the umpires” pretty quick there! And the burden of proof is on the one making the assertion, Pav.

Free speech again? (Next you’ll be telling me about your right to bear arms). Free speech is not speech free from consequences. If you say dumb stuff be prepared for someone to call you on it.

I only referenced my work to emphasise my position in response to BFTUSA doing the same thing first to explain his position.

And believe me, if my workplace was any more transparent it would be declared a safety hazard.
There's not a link to everything and there aren't any easy answers. You just can't "Google it". Do your own original research and analysis, which I'm sure will find that we do really really well with the umps. :roll:

The Dudley doth protest too much about their purpose, methinks. It sounds like you're rationalising, which means that your workplace is opaque and corrupt.
Gee whiz, you old fellas have really gone off the deep end! I’ll try piece together that last lot of random sentences you tried to string together :?

If you didn’t understand the US references, that’s ok, I’ll be sure to make them more obvious in future :D

Love how after wiping the egg off your face over your "proven and irrefutable fact" where you don't actually have any proof or facts, you try to recover by goading me with a very juvenile and lazy 'wambulance' dig. But when i look a bit closer...

That's not very nice.

Sorry, so who was triggered again? I guess people are so easily offended these days... :shock: :lol:
WTF! Digging up jokey posts to prove a point? You really put a bit of effort into this.

Very interesting.

Weird.

Oink!

SaintPav
Saintsational Legend

That's not very nice.

Very interesting.

Weird.

Oink!

SaintPav
Saintsational Legend

That's not very nice.

Very interesting.

Weird.

Oink!

The_Dud
Saintsational Legend

Prob didn’t have to post that 4 times Pav, but I understand those dang computers/phones can be tricky sometimes ;)

All posters are equal, but some posters are more equal than others.
Ghost Like
Saintsational Legend

Sorry to rain on this parade but just having my first chance to watch the replay of last week. I'm 2 mins into the 2nd quarter & can say for a fact, umpire #2 gave a free to Paton in the first quarter for too high.

Already in the 2nd quarter has paid a free against North (Polec) for incorrect disposal.

As much as I'd like to believe this conspiracy my eyes are saying don't. Yes, the Carlisle decision was a howler & so was his precious abuse claim, very very average.

Enrico_Misso
Saintsational Legend
Location: Moorabbin Chapter of The Royal Society of Hagiographers

So in other words we should take the alleged statistics with a grain of salt.

I think it is fair to say Foot made some shocking decisions that penalised us but the extremity of the number of his decisions is not to be believed.
I am sure if the alleged numbers were true the umpiring panel would have take action not to mention our club!

The rest of Australia can wander mask-free, socialise, eat out, no curfews, no zoning, no police rings of steel, no illogical inconsistent rules. 
They can even WATCH LIVE FOOTY!
portosaint
Club Player

Misogynistic bastards!!!

Oh, wait.......