I am disgusted!

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

Sainternist
Saintsational Legend

Re: I am disgusted!

Laurie wrote: Wed 16 Oct 2019 2:55pm A very well orchestrated move by Geelong i think to get him next to nothing.
His mental health will improve once at Geelong and they will be laughing in our face about it,
No doubt little Baldy Gaz will help convert Jack into becoming a Happy-Clapper.

Curb your enthusiasm - you’re a St.Kilda supporter!!
Sainternist
Saintsational Legend

P.S. With all due respect, Jack Steven’s AFL career is finished. I’m just happy the club is able to reach an agreement to offload him.

Curb your enthusiasm - you’re a St.Kilda supporter!!
robsaint
Club Player

Richo should have let him go last year as I believe we would not have had the same issues as this year and we would have got a better deal. He will star for the cats now. Any doubt on if he can perform next year was dispelled this year when he came back unfit. Of course the next games due to fitness he was not able to match it. He will get fit and play well. Again we are shafted. Understand that the Saints wanted to look after Jack's welfare which a tribute to the club. Cats taking advantage of the situation.

B.M
Saintsational Legend

Geelong has made out like bandits

We look like fools

Talk about rolling over...pathetic

Why not throw in Billings?

Trev from the Bush
SS Life Member

Bang on about pick 58, it'll be used for Zak Jones.

Bye, Jack. Thanks for 10 years great service.

Saint supporter since '62
Devilhead
Saintsational Legend

B.M wrote: Wed 16 Oct 2019 3:32pm Geelong has made out like bandits

We look like fools

Talk about rolling over...pathetic

Why not throw in Billings?
What should have got for a 30yo past his prime with mental health issues and a drug and alcohol past?

Do you think we should have kept him with the risk of receiving the same output as we did this year on his huge wage?

The Devil makes work for idle hands!!!
magnifisaint
Saintsational Legend

Trev from the Bush wrote: Wed 16 Oct 2019 3:40pm Bang on about pick 58, it'll be used for Zak Jones.

Bye, Jack. Thanks for 10 years great service.
Surely 58 wont be accepted by Sydney. Theyre not fools. Thats for Richmond.

Posting 20 years of holey crap!
Scollop
Saintsational Legend

Saintmatt wrote: Wed 16 Oct 2019 11:56am
saintsRrising wrote: Wed 16 Oct 2019 10:12am
The Fireman wrote: Wed 16 Oct 2019 10:05am Id be having a go at geelong if I was you, if they paid the right price up front Jack would have made a smooth transition to the Cats to aid his mental problem much sooner.
If you want to blame anyone blame Richo who refused to let him go a year ago. We would have gained quality for Jack in this case.
100000%. Cho talking Jack out of leaving last year is important here. We would've had trade currency (like Freo has with Hill) if Jack had 2 years on a contract; rather than one. That short-sighted move from Cho helped precisely no one - Cho lost his job; Jack hardly played; and we didn't make finals. And now we have to cop pick 58. Lose, Lose, Lose, Lose.
In isolation you could forgive Cho on not wanting to release Jack or offer him up at the end of last year. No one on here would have supported the decision to let him go at that time ...

But when you look at his cv and his time at the Saints it reeks of mistakes, lost opportunity and failure

Cho annointed Paddy McCartin as a ripper and a beauty when Paddy was at suburban league fitness levels 3 years ago

Cho chose Longer over Hickey in 2017/2018. After our horror marquee match on Good Friday in 2018, Cho thought dropping Jack Steele would help the team.

Cho chose Pierce over Marshall in 2019. He played Acres everywhere on the ground except as a pure mid leading to the inevitable exit of one of our most damaging playmakers (imho)

In many years from now, I predict we'll look back at the time under Richo as the period where the Saints lost, lost, and lost.

Many errors in recruiting and development and many strange decisions, including the monumental f*** up from Finnis and the board when they decided to extend Cho's contract at the end of 2017.

The common thread with the continual failure of the Saints in attracting a big fish from the period 2015-2018 was the fact that players didn't want to be coached by Richo.

older saint
SS Life Member

Brunswicksainter wrote: Wed 16 Oct 2019 1:22pm
older saint wrote: Wed 16 Oct 2019 1:09pm
bigcarl wrote: Wed 16 Oct 2019 1:02pm I’m trying to strike a balance between us looking after Jack and us looking after St Kilda.

We are getting a pittance for a four-time best and fairest who will be a key part of Geelong’s midfield and is virtually guaranteed to be playing finals in 2020.

Pick 58, I don’t agree with for a start. It way less than he is worth. It seems a mental health crisis significantly lessens one’s value. Damaged goods? I don’t buy it. People overcome these sorts of things all the time and get back to their best.

To add insult to injury, we’ll reportedly be paying part of his salary.

Christ, what an absolute gift to Geelong of all clubs.
I wonder whether we have backed ourselves in a corner a little with the Hill deal needing this pick to get this done. Geelong know this and holding the ax over our head knowing we need the pick to get Hill done.
Annoys me as unders for a player like Steven and also the way Geelong sook about let Ablett come home, Let Dangerfield, Let Steven - Kelly no way only for a kings ransom
That said well played by them and when you want as much as we do in this period you have to lose somewhere along the way.
If All get done as speculated :
Howard/Ryder - win
Butler - Win
Hill - Win -( big fan of his and brings what we do not have)
Steven - Loss
Acres _ neutral

Unknown
Bruce and Jones ?

I dont understand how getting pick 58 improves our standing with hill whatsoever, we can just as easily facilitate a trade using a future pick of equivalent value right now.
Freo need picks this year as academy player likely to be bid top 10 . Next years draft compromised more with academy and F S players so 3rd rounder not worth what it was otherwise.
58 and less salary is my guess than a higher pick.

desertsaint
Saintsational Legend

Scollop wrote: Wed 16 Oct 2019 4:46pm
Saintmatt wrote: Wed 16 Oct 2019 11:56am
saintsRrising wrote: Wed 16 Oct 2019 10:12am
The Fireman wrote: Wed 16 Oct 2019 10:05am Id be having a go at geelong if I was you, if they paid the right price up front Jack would have made a smooth transition to the Cats to aid his mental problem much sooner.
If you want to blame anyone blame Richo who refused to let him go a year ago. We would have gained quality for Jack in this case.
100000%. Cho talking Jack out of leaving last year is important here. We would've had trade currency (like Freo has with Hill) if Jack had 2 years on a contract; rather than one. That short-sighted move from Cho helped precisely no one - Cho lost his job; Jack hardly played; and we didn't make finals. And now we have to cop pick 58. Lose, Lose, Lose, Lose.
In isolation you could forgive Cho on not wanting to release Jack or offer him up at the end of last year. No one on here would have supported the decision to let him go at that time ...

But when you look at his cv and his time at the Saints it reeks of mistakes, lost opportunity and failure

Cho annointed Paddy McCartin as a ripper and a beauty when Paddy was at suburban league fitness levels 3 years ago

Cho chose Longer over Hickey in 2017/2018. After our horror marquee match on Good Friday in 2018, Cho thought dropping Jack Steele would help the team.

Cho chose Pierce over Marshall in 2019. He played Acres everywhere on the ground except as a pure mid leading to the inevitable exit of one of our most damaging playmakers (imho)

In many years from now, I predict we'll look back at the time under Richo as the period where the Saints lost, lost, and lost.

Many errors in recruiting and development and many strange decisions, including the monumental f*** up from Finnis and the board when they decided to extend Cho's contract at the end of 2017.

The common thread with the continual failure of the Saints in attracting a big fish from the period 2015-2018 was the fact that players didn't want to be coached by Richo.
not too many would argue we went nowhere under richo, and player development and/or player drafts left a lot to be desired. we chose the wrong coach. and here we starting all over again five years later.

"The starting point of all achievement is desire. "