Essendope - the revenge of WADA

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

saintspremiers
Saintsational Legend

Essendope - the revenge of WADA

i am Melbourne Skies - sometimes Blue Skies, Grey Skies, even Partly Cloudy Skies.
ace
Saintsational Legend

Re: Essendope - the revenge of WADA

Even the photo shouts out GUILTY

Half of them look like they are changing into horses.
Thymosin Beta 4 has never been approved for human use.

The more you know, the more you know you don't know.
When I was a young child, I knew that I knew so much about so much.
Now that I am old and know so much more, I know that I know so much about so little, and so little about so much.
ace
Saintsational Legend

OK so Thymosin Beta 4 has never been approved for human use.
But has anyone conducted tests to determine if any of the Essendon players were human ?

The more you know, the more you know you don't know.
When I was a young child, I knew that I knew so much about so much.
Now that I am old and know so much more, I know that I know so much about so little, and so little about so much.
happy feet
Club Player

Hang on a minute. I thought the Doper’s said that they did not know what the players were given but they were sure it wasn’t harmful.

So now they say they knew what they were taking but it wasn’t on the list?

The fact is that they were caught cheating and it took an ASADA appeal to WADA to have justice done. In my opinion they got off lightly. The penalty for a Club wide systematic doping program was a 2 year ban for the whole club.

If it was all legal and above board, why did they shred the records?

I love reminding Essendon supporters about this at every opportunity. And let’s not sanitize it by calling it a supplement scandal. It was an illegal doping regime.

Rugby League would have to be the stupidest, most moronic and over rated game of all time.
kosifantutti
Saintsational Legend

Opposition Forum.

Macquarie Dictionary Word of the Year for 2023 "Kosi Lives"
barneyboyz
Club Player

Ahh, looking forward to another 700+ pages of this

St. Kilda Football Club. Going strong, since 1960 :wink:
saynta
Saintsational Legend

f****** drug cheats, along with Collingwood, Geelong and West Coast.

barks4eva
Saintsational Legend

saynta wrote: Thu 17 Oct 2019 10:01am f****** drug cheats, along with Collingwood, Geelong and West Coast.
Geelong have had their drug usage swept under the carpet IMHO.

Can you imagine the fallout if it was revealed they were on the same shyte in 2009 when they won the premiership?

Bomber Thompson and Dean Robinson were at Geelong before they both moved to Essendon.

Dean Robinson in 2009 was calling himself some nickname suggesting he was the reason behind Geelong's good form.

I have no doubt this has all been covered up.

It's one thing pinning it all on Essendon, but if it was to be revealed Geelong were on a similar program when they won a premiership then the controversy would go to another level.

St.kilda would have to be awarded a premiership retrospectively.

DO THE MATHS AND THE SQUARES ARE ALL ROOTED.
CarlD
Club Player

barks4eva wrote: Thu 17 Oct 2019 10:38am
saynta wrote: Thu 17 Oct 2019 10:01am f****** drug cheats, along with Collingwood, Geelong and West Coast.
St.kilda would have to be awarded a premiership retrospectively.
Would be an interesting debate. When the NRL stripped the Melbourne Storm of premierships for cheating the salary cap they did not elevate the runners-up to premiers for those years. They just have no premiers listed in their records for those seasons.

The Fireman
Saintsational Legend

The Skunks..2nd GF....wtf ???

barks4eva
Saintsational Legend

The Fireman wrote: Thu 17 Oct 2019 11:46am The Skunks..2nd GF....wtf ???
It was reported that many Collingwood players were tested after the GF and had elevated levels of performance enhancing chemicals in their system.

Of course Westaway and St.kilda just bent over like St.kilda always do and the whole thing was swept under the carpet. :roll:

I'm sure Westaway never gave it a second thought. :roll:

saynta
Saintsational Legend

barks4eva wrote: Thu 17 Oct 2019 12:01pm
It was reported that many Collingwood players were tested after the GF and had elevated levels of performance enhancing chemicals in their system.

Of course Westaway and St.kilda just bent over like St.kilda always do and the whole thing was swept under the carpet. :roll:

9 or 11 tested, not sure how many, all had elevated levels of testosterone . f****** cheats imho. We got done over in two grandfinals by drug cheats.

From the age.com

""The IAAF introduced a testosterone limit for the female category for the sole purpose of maintaining fair and meaningful competition for women," it said in a statement on Wednesday.

The study, it added, "reinforces our evidence-based conclusion that high testosterone levels give female athletes a significant advantage in some athletic events".

Medical professionals had believed that testosterone fuelled strength and endurance in men, but the benefits for female athletes were previously unclear.

No longer, according to the researchers from Karolinska Institutet in Sweden, and other institutions.

"Our study supports a causal effect of testosterone on physical performance, as measured by running time to exhaustion, in young healthy women," said the researchers, whose study was released on Tuesday.

There was no immediate reaction from Semenya, whose barring from the 800-metre race in September's world athletics championships in Doha sparked controversy in and outside of sport.
Related Article
Caster Semenya.
New IAAF rules for transgender athletes

Her case became a test of where sports authorities draw the line when it comes to athletes whose bodies fall outside standard ranges or who change gender then seek to compete.

A 28-year-old double Olympic champion, Semenya has a medical condition called hyperandrogenism, which boosts her testosterone count. The athlete has refused to take hormone suppressing medication to comply with the regulations.

On Tuesday in Qatar, the IAAF revamped the rule to add transgender competitors to the list of restricted athletes.

It had based its ban on evidence that it had partly funded and which drew criticism; scholars from the University of Colorado at Boulder said they could not replicate the study and found 17 to 32 per cent of the data used was wrong.

Earlier this year, a Court of Attribution for Sport said while the testosterone regulation was discriminatory, it was "necessary, reasonable and proportionate" to protect "the integrity of female athletics".

Reuters

High testosterone levels certainly helps female athletes, and most certainly helped the filth win a flag.

Moods
Saintsational Legend

It's because they didn't have any base scores for the pies players, therefore no-one knew exactly how much their elevated levels were. It was measured against an average male, but no-one is average. Basically they didn't have enough data to prove anything but it looked bloody suspicious. Human biology isn't an exact science.

Especially if the same number of Saints players were tested and were all in the 'normal' range.

Mr Magic
Saintsational Legend

Moods wrote: Thu 17 Oct 2019 3:11pm

It's because they didn't have any base scores for the pies players, therefore no-one knew exactly how much their elevated levels were. It was measured against an average male, but no-one is average. Basically they didn't have enough data to prove anything but it looked bloody suspicious. Human biology isn't an exact science.

Especially if the same number of Saints players were tested and were all in the 'normal' range.
Which if I remember the story correctly, they were.
I think the levels reported on the Collingwood players were what you'd expect prior to the game and not after.
The tested Saints players were all at expected levels after a game.

sunsaint
Saintsational Legend
Location: Queensland - Beautiful one day ... you know the rest

perpetuating the myth - its good to see - or - their cheating was better than our cheating
None of the players tested were outside normal range

And the above post about Caster Semenya adds nothing to the discussion as she has never cheated and is nothing more than a low blow
If we want to talk about testing positive for a banned substance - lets talk about Ahmed Saad

Seeya
saynta
Saintsational Legend

sunsaint wrote: Thu 17 Oct 2019 4:16pm perpetuating the myth - its good to see - or - their cheating was better than our cheating

And the above post about Caster Semenya adds nothing to the discussion as she has never cheated and is nothing more than a low blow
If we want to talk about testing positive for a banned substance - lets talk about Ahmed Saad
It is no f****** myth. Testosterone builds lean muscle mass that's why the article was copied to prove the point.

"Medical professionals had believed that testosterone fuelled strength and endurance in men,"

Hence, the higher the levels. the better the performance.

Whilst their levels (filth players) were within the acceptable range, they were far higher than what was expected, and far greater that the levels of tested saints players.

I made no comment about the female athlete ffs. :roll:

Mr Magic
Saintsational Legend

sunsaint wrote: Thu 17 Oct 2019 4:16pm perpetuating the myth - its good to see - or - their cheating was better than our cheating

What myth?
that the Collingwood players tested all had levels that surprised the authorities?

What's the statistical odds that 10/10 players tested would all have much higher than expected levels?
Levels that authorities expect before 2 hours of strenuous activity in a grand final.

Amazing that players from north of the Yarra would naturally have a higher level than those from south of the Yarra. :roll:

BUT, the most interesting thing to me about all of this is the quick complete disappearance of all mention of the original report.
if I was a conspiracy theorist I would think that there was an orchestrated effort to get rid of the report.

And just in case you've forgotten, the Norm Smith Medallist in 2009 was treated with a substance that was subsequently banned afterwards

Joffa Burns
Saintsational Legend

I agree Caster Semenya has not knowingly cheated and I have sympathy.

I question your reference of gender.
Is Caster transgender, male or female?

Proudly assuming the title of forum Oracle and serving as the inaugural Saintsational ‘weak as piss brigade’ President.
sunsaint
Saintsational Legend
Location: Queensland - Beautiful one day ... you know the rest

Mr Magic wrote: Thu 17 Oct 2019 5:05pm
And just in case you've forgotten, the Norm Smith Medallist in 2009 was treated with a substance that was subsequently banned afterwards
irrelevant as it wasnt banned at the time
can you name 10 players that were tested ( if that be the number)
I can immediately point to several population anomalies that can explain the difference - age being the first

Seeya
barks4eva
Saintsational Legend

Joffa Burns wrote: Thu 17 Oct 2019 5:08pm

I agree Caster Semenya has not knowingly cheated and I have sympathy.

I question your reference of gender.
Is Caster transgender, male or female?
We are all non binary, gender neutral these days or have you not been watching the television or reading The Guardian.

By the way I woke up this morning and identified as a genderless stick insect... got a bit bored with this, so this afternoon I now identify as a freshwater gastropod.

bigcarlosis
Club Player

Blame it on the Bossa nova (the dance of love)

Wayne42
Saintsational Legend

bigcarlosis wrote: Thu 17 Oct 2019 10:24pm Blame it on the Bossa nova (the dance of love)
Ahhh an Eydie Gormé fan, maybe.

I haven't heard that song in years. Not since Magic 693 and Magic 1278 disappeared.

The Saints are under review, will it make any difference to the underachievers ?
saintspremiers
Saintsational Legend

kosifantutti wrote: Thu 17 Oct 2019 9:04am Opposition Forum.
No / as you can see from posts above - doping helped the Cats and Pies to illegally steal 2 flags from us, but as barks correctly points out, useless Westaway was too meek and mild to do anything.

We should be on 3 flags now not 1

i am Melbourne Skies - sometimes Blue Skies, Grey Skies, even Partly Cloudy Skies.
BarryGrogan
Club Player

My understanding is that they were outside the normal range - hence the reports at the time.

However they were just below the illegal levels.

The levels post-game, were high enough to suggest that pre-game they would have been above the illegal levels.

Wayne42
Saintsational Legend

Some interesting conspiracy theories on here.

Theories that didn't or won't bite.

Not everyone bought the Grassy Knoll theory either. :lol: :lol:

The Saints are under review, will it make any difference to the underachievers ?