which membership to buy

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

Crossy66
Club Player

which membership to buy

just considering which membership to buy. Last season we had the premium package on level 2 but was interested in what others think is the best experience for a couple of saints fans

Sainter_Dad
Saintsational Legend

Re: which membership to buy

All of them!

But seriously - we are on the wing on Level 1 - highly recommend it.

“Youth ages, immaturity is outgrown, ignorance can be educated, and drunkenness sobered, but stupid lasts forever.”

― Aristophanes

If you have a Bee in your Bonnet - I can assist you with that - but it WILL involve some smacking upside the head!
saint-stu
Club Player

Level 2 wing is the best if you can afford it. Personally I'm not a fan of level one. You can't see the game as well and it's particularly poor if you're sitting under level 2.

We have had reserved seats front row level 3 for more than 10 years now and am really happy with it. It's much cheaper than level 2 but still a very good view of the game. The only downsides are the extra time it takes to get up there and sometimes the vendors don't open near our aisle if it's a quiet game.

1ac46a38
shrodes
SS Life Member

Yeah I think level 3 is great, I sit in the second row around centre wing and it's a great way to watch

Linton Lodger
SS Hall of Fame

Call me an optimist, but I think the important question is, which Membership gets you a guaranteed Grand Final ticket should we get there?

Sainter_Dad
Saintsational Legend

Linton Lodger wrote: Sat 09 Nov 2019 3:09pm Call me an optimist, but I think the important question is, which Membership gets you a guaranteed Grand Final ticket should we get there?
Anything with Premium - it used to be known as Social Club

“Youth ages, immaturity is outgrown, ignorance can be educated, and drunkenness sobered, but stupid lasts forever.”

― Aristophanes

If you have a Bee in your Bonnet - I can assist you with that - but it WILL involve some smacking upside the head!
WellardSaint
Saintsational Legend
Location: Perth- the best weather in Oz, but the worst rednecks.

Sainter_Dad wrote: Sat 09 Nov 2019 3:25pm
Linton Lodger wrote: Sat 09 Nov 2019 3:09pm Call me an optimist, but I think the important question is, which Membership gets you a guaranteed Grand Final ticket should we get there?
I'm an interstate member, we can buy the 'Ultimate' which gives me ONE guaranteed GF seat, if we get in.

A real Sainter will pledge allegiance to the ❤🤍🖤 and despise the Pies, the Blues, and the Injectors.
Remember one of the 10 Commandments : Thou shalt have no other team before thee
Sainter_Dad
Saintsational Legend

WellardSaint wrote: Sat 09 Nov 2019 4:20pm
I'm an interstate member, we can buy the 'Ultimate' which gives me ONE guaranteed GF seat, if we get in.
Ultimate is higher than Premium - we are Ultimate Members so get Tier 1 access to GF Tickets - Premium get Tier 2 - am unsure the difference

― Aristophanes

kosifantutti
Saintsational Legend

WellardSaint wrote: Sat 09 Nov 2019 4:20pm]

How many Grand Final tickets were you expecting?

Macquarie Dictionary Word of the Year for 2023 "Kosi Lives"
asiu
Saintsational Legend

Interstate - General Admission (5 Home games) $130.00

Interstate - L1 Reserved Bays (5 Home Games) $150.00

Ultimate Interstate (11 Home Games) $250.00
hey Wellard

are those 11 home game seats also
in L1 Reserved Bays ?

‘n i just flash my plastic ‘n walk in yea

.name the ways , thought manipulates the State of Presence away.

.tipara waranta kani nina-tu.
WellardSaint
Saintsational Legend

kosifantutti wrote: Sat 09 Nov 2019 4:39pm
WellardSaint wrote: Sat 09 Nov 2019 4:20pm]

How many Grand Final tickets were you expecting?
I put in capitals not for the reason you're suggesting,
purely for emphasis.
Nothing sinister, old boy.

A real Sainter will pledge allegiance to the ❤🤍🖤 and despise the Pies, the Blues, and the Injectors.
Linton Lodger
SS Hall of Fame

I think I am Premium. What's the difference in price between Premium and Ultimate and what more do you get with Ultimate?

DJ Higgins
Club Player

Over the journey I have sat on all levels and they all have pros and cons
Ground/ level 1 amazing when the ball is near you but hard to see when the play is on the other side of the ground plus no strategy perspective
Level 2. Best seats in the house but twice as expensive as level 3. seats padded drink holders close to action and has a strategy perspective. Away games you only get general admin tickets
Top level. Best value for money. See the whole oval but you don't hear the players or the slap of the leather when kicked or handballed plus you are noticeably further way.

Sainter_Dad
Saintsational Legend

Linton Lodger wrote: Sun 10 Nov 2019 11:18am
I think I am Premium. What's the difference in price between Premium and Ultimate and what more do you get with Ultimate?
Membership categories

Memberships are categorised into three levels:

1. Standard - Flexibility of general admission or reserved seating. Standard memberships are the base packages for entry and finals entitlements.

2. Premium - Priority 2 Grand Final entitlements (explanation below), with the same entry entitlements as a standard membership. Includes game day access to the Victory Room on level 1 at Marvel Stadium.

3. Ultimate - Priority 1 Grand Final entitlements (explanation below), with the same entry entitlements as a standard membership. Includes game day access to the Victory Room for those sitting on level 1 or the Accolade Room for those sitting on level 2.

Premium or Ultimate memberships provide guaranteed access to purchase a Grand Final ticket if St Kilda is a competing team. These membership categories are capped to ensure all Premium and Ultimate members have access to a ticket.

Priority 1
Ultimate memberships provide Priority 1 access to purchase a Grand Final ticket. Ultimate Members will be allocated a Grand Final ticket ahead of Premium Members.

Priority 2
Premium memberships provide Priority 2 access to purchase a Grand Final ticket. Premium members will be allocated a Grand Final ticket after Ultimate members.

Ultimate members wishing to sit with Premium members can do so by purchasing during the Priority 2 period.

The sale of Grand Final tickets is managed by the Australian Football League in conjunction with the two competing clubs and Ticketek. The arrangements for Grand Final ticket sales are subject to change and are confirmed ahead of the announcement of Grand Final ticket prices in any year.

― Aristophanes

saint-stu
Club Player

DJ Higgins wrote:Over the journey I have sat on all levels and they all have pros and cons
Ground/ level 1 amazing when the ball is near you but hard to see when the play is on the other side of the ground plus no strategy perspective
Level 2. Best seats in the house but twice as expensive as level 3. seats padded drink holders close to action and has a strategy perspective. Away games you only get general admin tickets
Top level. Best value for money. See the whole oval but you don't hear the players or the slap of the leather when kicked or handballed plus you are noticeably further way.
On level 3, I think that's true if you're far back, but in the first few rows, it's a very good view.

1ac46a38
minneapolis
Club Player

You're an optimist.

Nothing better than a good Dad Joke.
St Loxton
Club Player

I have purchased a premium package for myself, wife and kid.
Level 2 seating. They have now become members (they previously weren't members.
Better seating position for my wife also.

Linton Lodger
SS Hall of Fame

Sainter_Dad wrote: Sun 10 Nov 2019 11:57am
Membership categories

Memberships are categorised into three levels:

1. Standard - Flexibility of general admission or reserved seating. Standard memberships are the base packages for entry and finals entitlements.

2. Premium - Priority 2 Grand Final entitlements (explanation below), with the same entry entitlements as a standard membership. Includes game day access to the Victory Room on level 1 at Marvel Stadium.

3. Ultimate - Priority 1 Grand Final entitlements (explanation below), with the same entry entitlements as a standard membership. Includes game day access to the Victory Room for those sitting on level 1 or the Accolade Room for those sitting on level 2.

Premium or Ultimate memberships provide guaranteed access to purchase a Grand Final ticket if St Kilda is a competing team. These membership categories are capped to ensure all Premium and Ultimate members have access to a ticket.

Priority 1
Ultimate memberships provide Priority 1 access to purchase a Grand Final ticket. Ultimate Members will be allocated a Grand Final ticket ahead of Premium Members.

Priority 2
Premium memberships provide Priority 2 access to purchase a Grand Final ticket. Premium members will be allocated a Grand Final ticket after Ultimate members.

Ultimate members wishing to sit with Premium members can do so by purchasing during the Priority 2 period.

The sale of Grand Final tickets is managed by the Australian Football League in conjunction with the two competing clubs and Ticketek. The arrangements for Grand Final ticket sales are subject to change and are confirmed ahead of the announcement of Grand Final ticket prices in any year.
Thanks for that.

Crossy66
Club Player

So where do saintsationalists congregate befor the game- victory, room, quill, parker , beer garden at the entrance?

saynta
Saintsational Legend

I don't congregate with anyone apart from family.

Premium89
Club Player

Ahem!!

Premium89
Club Player

Crossy66 wrote: Mon 11 Nov 2019 2:14pm So where do saintsationalists congregate befor the game- victory, room, quill, parker , beer garden at the entrance?
Given what goes on in here sometimes - it would want to be somewhere with good security!

Crossy66
Club Player

Premium89 wrote: Mon 11 Nov 2019 4:59pm
Crossy66 wrote: Mon 11 Nov 2019 2:14pm So where do saintsationalists congregate befor the game- victory, room, quill, parker , beer garden at the entrance?
Given what goes on in here sometimes - it would want to be somewhere with good security!
Wouldnt you like to have everyone turn up with a badge with their SS name(s)!
Would be a laugh I reckon.

WellardSaint
Saintsational Legend

Crossy66 wrote: Mon 11 Nov 2019 9:05pm
Premium89 wrote: Mon 11 Nov 2019 4:59pm
Wouldnt you like to have everyone turn up with a badge with their SS name(s)!
Would be a laugh I reckon.
One condition of this forum is the secrecy of ID, we are not allowed to disclose or reveal anyone's real name. Including our own.

Toy Saint
SS Hall of Fame

Sainter_Dad wrote: Sat 09 Nov 2019 9:00am All of them!

But seriously - we are on the wing on Level 1 - highly recommend it.
I'm also at ground level on the wing with a front row seat. It's fantastic when the play is on our side, but hard to make out when it's on the outer (other) wing. Just as well I can recognize the players by their gait and body language.

I'm not sure why, but I've watched the footy from that perspective since the late 1960's at Moorabbin.