Facts behind how Hanners broke his ankle

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

HitTheBoundary
SS Hall of Fame

Re: Facts behind how Hanners broke his ankle

saynta wrote: Wed 20 Nov 2019 12:01pm
The Fireman wrote: Wed 20 Nov 2019 11:53am
saynta wrote: Wed 20 Nov 2019 11:13am
The Fireman wrote: Tue 19 Nov 2019 8:13pm
saynta wrote: Tue 19 Nov 2019 7:53pm
Secret Kiel wrote: Tue 19 Nov 2019 6:40pm sheez talk about running someones character into the ground, AFL players don't get paid enough, imagine having to live a life under suspicion all the time and always being guilty and never presumed innocent. Do any of these beliefs around Hannebery's character have any basis in fact or is it just the unsubstantiated internet rumours that did the rounds a few years ago?
First time I am fully in agreement with your post. All this bulls*** about Hanners drinking or on drugs, Is just that. Unsubstantiated bullshirt.

And I would have thought , in clear breach of forum rules.
wooohh up boy, not sure what a bullshirt is..maybe some sort of bull apparel , but surely we are welcome to our own assumptions on what may have occurred ?

your gagging of such may be in breach.

Mods ???? :)
ABUSING OR DEMEANING A SAINTS PLAYER, FAMILY OR OFFICIAL RULE

Commenting on the performance of a Saints player / official is allowed. Review their performance and suggest where or how they can improve. In cases where posters abuse or demean a Saints player / official / or their family, OR casts aspersions on their character and it is deemed by the moderators to be offensive and inflammatory, then the moderators will issue a 1 DAY or 1 WEEK BAN depending on severity
So by intimating that he may have had a few too many I am demeaning him??? that's "BullShirt" Damn..everyone has had a few too many at one stage...are you some sort of mary poppins ?

To me, if he fell down steps because he had a few I would see that as normal.. maybe you need some time off Mary.
bulls*** . You and others have no facts that Hanners was drinking and you are all having fun , with no reason, at his expense. keep it up and someone will report you. And for the record I don't drink and find your comment calling me Mary Poppins insulting.
Nothing wrong with Mary Poppins. Unless you're misogynous.

asiu
Saintsational Legend

i thought the nun that flew was sexier

mary wore doc martins

.name the ways , thought manipulates the State of Presence away.

.tipara waranta kani nina-tu.
saynta
Saintsational Legend

Harves Man wrote: Wed 20 Nov 2019 1:48pm
Secret Kiel wrote: Tue 19 Nov 2019 6:40pm sheez talk about running someones character into the ground, AFL players don't get paid enough, imagine having to live a life under suspicion all the time and always being guilty and never presumed innocent. Do any of these beliefs around Hannebery's character have any basis in fact or is it just the unsubstantiated internet rumours that did the rounds a few years ago?
First time I am fully in agreement with your post. All this bulls*** about Hanners drinking or on drugs, Is just that. Unsubstantiated bullshirt.

wooohh up boy, not sure what a bullshirt is..maybe some sort of bull apparel , but surely we are welcome to our own assumptions on what may have occurred ?

Commenting on the performance of a Saints player / official is allowed. Review their performance and suggest where or how they can improve. In cases where posters abuse or demean a Saints player / official / or their family, OR casts aspersions on their character and it is deemed by the moderators to be offensive and inflammatory, then the moderators will issue a 1 DAY or 1 WEEK BAN depending on severity
So by intimating that he may have had a few too many I am demeaning him??? that's "BullShirt" Damn..everyone has had a few too many at one stage...are you some sort of mary poppins ?

To me, if he fell down steps because he had a few I would see that as normal.. maybe you need some time off Mary.
bulls*** . You and others have no facts that Hanners was drinking and you are all having fun , with no reason, at his expense. keep it up and someone will report you. And for the record I don't drink and find your comment calling me Mary Poppins insulting.
You are an outstandingly, astonishingly angry man. This is a football fans' forum.
Sure is. And no place to be calling a saints player a drunk.

ps. Angry I'm not. Disgusted with some of the comments on this thread. Certainly.

B.M
Saintsational Legend

Aren’t we allowed to speculate?

It’s a fan forum, what news is ever that substantiated, unless it’s a media release.

BackFromUSA
Saintsational Legend

You are an outstandingly, astonishingly angry man. This is a football fans' forum.

OK STOP NOW BEFORE I HAVE TO BAN ALL OF YOU

AwayInUSA no longer ... have based myself back in Melbourne for a decade of Saintsational Success (with regular trips back to the USA)

"Saintsational Player Sponsor 2007 - 2018"
skeptic
Saintsational Legend

In fairness, I don’t think anybody called Hannebery a drunk... rather some have speculated that he may have been drinking when the accident happened.

Being an alcoholic is different to drinking at a party. The only thing in this thread alluding to him having a drinking problem is the over blown reaction to the suggestion he may have been drinking.

To be honest... I think most ppl could accept it comfortably if the story was he was at a family function, had a few beers and tripped. It’s not like anyone is calling him a girl.

SaintPav
Saintsational Legend

► Show Spoiler
BackFromUSA wrote: Wed 20 Nov 2019 11:18pm

OK STOP NOW BEFORE I HAVE TO BAN ALL OF YOU
:roll:

Holder of unacceptable views and other thought crimes.
The Fireman
Saintsational Legend

a mass banning ... see what you've caused Saynta :lol:

CQ SAINT
Saintsational Legend

The Fireman wrote: Wed 20 Nov 2019 10:43am
asiu wrote: Wed 20 Nov 2019 10:40am don’t bother nobend
The formula for relating the depth of treads and the height of risers was developed by Francois Blondel, a French architect, in 17th century. Based on observations of people’ gaits, the formula suggested that twice the riser height plus the tread depth should be between 610 mm and 635 mm. While there have been variations across the countries in applying this formula, it has been widely adopted in stair building.
does that insinuate that Kiel is very rigid ?
It might insinuate a variation in his gait.

saynta
Saintsational Legend

The Fireman wrote: Thu 21 Nov 2019 9:30am a mass banning ... see what you've caused Saynta :lol:
Nah, not me mate. :wink: Takes more than one for a mass banning.

Joffa Burns
Saintsational Legend

Secret Kiel wrote: Wed 20 Nov 2019 10:49am clause 7.2.3.2 from AS 1657 - 2013 states:

The combination of twice the riser plus the going (2R+G) shall be not less than 540mm, and not greater than 700mm.

A riser shall not be less than 130mm and not greater than 225mm

The going shall be not less than 215mm and not greater than 335mm.

All risers and goings in the same flight of stairs shall be uniform dimensions within a tolerance of plus or minus 5mm.

There is more but you get my drift, your formula was wrong, and I should have added very incomplete in terms of what is required for the design of stairs to be compliant with AS 1657.
Excellent work Keil, I don’t know anything about stairs so I googled AS1657, seems like you are only scratching the surface with your comments.

We do not understand the risers or balustrade or hand rails if they were fitted, required or whether their should have been guarded due to being under construction.

Perhaps a full investigation is required to establish the root cause of the injury or even a royal commission 👍

https://www.ozstair.com.au/ncc-regulations/

Proudly assuming the title of forum Oracle and serving as the inaugural Saintsational ‘weak as piss brigade’ President.
outside66
Club Player

It's interesting how ITK's are only accepted or called upon when it's positive news however when ITK's come out with something negative it's lambasted as "unsubstantiated". To be honest, you don't even need to be an ITK to have an understanding of certain players "recreational" activities...

freely
SS Hall of Fame

skeptic wrote: Thu 21 Nov 2019 12:35am ... It’s not like anyone is calling him a girl.
Clear provocation!

magnifisaint
Saintsational Legend

Can someone state the facts please?
I want to really know what sort of drugs he was on when he fell down the stairs. Its not a hard one to ask is it?

Posting 20 years of holey crap!
sunsaint
Saintsational Legend
Location: Queensland - Beautiful one day ... you know the rest

magnifisaint wrote: Thu 21 Nov 2019 1:22pm Can someone state the facts please?
I want to really know what sort of drugs he was on when he fell down the stairs. Its not a hard one to ask is it?
I can't substantiate the actual drug
But it was certainly a downer

Seeya
magnifisaint
Saintsational Legend

sunsaint wrote: Thu 21 Nov 2019 2:18pm
magnifisaint wrote: Thu 21 Nov 2019 1:22pm Can someone state the facts please?
I can't substantiate the actual drug
But it was certainly a downer
I reckon Curnow is using Hanners supplier.

Posting 20 years of holey crap!
The Fireman
Saintsational Legend

he was certainly tripping

Shaggy
Club Player

outside66 wrote: Thu 21 Nov 2019 11:02am It's interesting how ITK's are only accepted or called upon when it's positive news however when ITK's come out with something negative it's lambasted as "unsubstantiated". To be honest, you don't even need to be an ITK to have an understanding of certain players "recreational" activities...
ITK's know. NFI's speculate.

skeptic
Saintsational Legend

Shaggy wrote: Thu 21 Nov 2019 6:56pm
outside66 wrote: Thu 21 Nov 2019 11:02am It's interesting how ITK's are only accepted or called upon when it's positive news however when ITK's come out with something negative it's lambasted as "unsubstantiated". To be honest, you don't even need to be an ITK to have an understanding of certain players "recreational" activities...
And those with double standards try to dissuade discussion on a fan forum.

Oh the righteousness

asiu
Saintsational Legend

:)

we are good at that , between us all.

add a dash of faux outrage
some selective reading
a pinch of shaded insult
a stir ‘n a fold

and hey presto

its cricket season
‘n ‘off’ season on the boards

merry not happy jan day to us all

CQ SAINT
Saintsational Legend

As long as there is no running with scissors, no pulling hair and no nasty name calling - fair call I reckon.

asiu
Saintsational Legend

no scratching or biting

might need a safe word

Shaggy
Club Player

skeptic wrote: Thu 21 Nov 2019 7:30pm

Oh the righteousness
I love the discussion. But everyone is guessing what happened with Dan depending upon their own bias.

skeptic
Saintsational Legend

Shaggy wrote: Thu 21 Nov 2019 8:45pm

Oh the righteousness
I love the discussion. But everyone is guessing what happened with Dan depending upon their own bias.
Yes generally people have their biases. It’s really not that big a deal

Shaggy
Club Player

skeptic wrote: Thu 21 Nov 2019 9:02pm
Shaggy wrote: Thu 21 Nov 2019 8:45pm

Oh the righteousness
Yes generally people have their biases. It’s really not that big a deal
It is not a big deal. As I said "ITK's know and NFI's speculate."