How good was Dunstan early?

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

Spinner
Saintsational Legend

Re: How good was Dunstan early?

Dunstan was very very good

Nick_BlueNRG
Club Player

He was ok but I would not be surprised if he was traded next year. Especially if Bytel comes on as people have been saying. At the end of this year, and especially if Bytel comes on and also Austin hits top form, I can see both Dunstan and Carlisle being traded. If that was the case and we ended up with a top 15 pick I would be happy.

Which team would take Dunstan and Carlisle for pick 15?

(M)ake (S)t Kilda (S)elf (S)ustainable
saynta
Saintsational Legend

Nick_BlueNRG wrote: Sun 23 Feb 2020 9:06pm He was ok but I would not be surprised if he was traded next year. Especially if Bytel comes on as people have been saying. At the end of this year, and especially if Bytel comes on and also Austin hits top form, I can see both Dunstan and Carlisle being traded. If that was the case and we ended up with a top 15 pick I would be happy.

Can't believe you posted that utter rubbish. The season hasn't started and you are trading out two of our better players. For a start Carlisle ain't going anywhere.

Trev from the Bush
SS Life Member

saynta wrote: Sun 23 Feb 2020 9:13pm
Nick_BlueNRG wrote: Sun 23 Feb 2020 9:06pm He was ok but I would not be surprised if he was traded next year. Especially if Bytel comes on as people have been saying. At the end of this year, and especially if Bytel comes on and also Austin hits top form, I can see both Dunstan and Carlisle being traded. If that was the case and we ended up with a top 15 pick I would be happy.

Can't believe you posted that utter rubbish. The season hasn't started and you are trading out two of our better players. For a start Carlisle ain't going anywhere.
Once a Nick, always a Nick it appears. Turn a positive into a negative, start trade talk - before the end of February!

For what it's worth, Luke was exceptionally strong in the first half and very damaging. He got cleaned up big time in the first quarter but came back and demonstrated he understands what the StKilda crest means.

Saint supporter since '62
saynta
Saintsational Legend

Trev from the Bush wrote: Sun 23 Feb 2020 10:17pm

Once a Nick, always a Nick it appears. Turn a positive into a negative, start trade talk - before the end of February!

For what it's worth, Luke was exceptionally strong in the first half and very damaging. He got cleaned up big time in the first quarter but came back and demonstrated he understands what the StKilda crest means.
As in Nexus? Helen or Nick or both? Should have guessed. :oops:

SaintPav
Saintsational Legend

Both have probably been shopped around before. There were no buyers.

Holder of unacceptable views and other thought crimes.
skeptic
Saintsational Legend

It’s the challenge isn’t it...
Dunstan has played many good games and has all the tools but is another in a long line of players that for one reason or another has failed to take the next step in consistently playing to the standard we know he is capable of.

The knock on him is seemingly his tendency to go in and out of games or not go on after starting strongly... aka getting 16 possessions to halftime and 22 for the match. Question of his running ability/capacity has followed him around in addition to disposal being so so.

His toughness and commitment to the contest is beyond reproach

Hopefully this is the year

Joffa Burns
Saintsational Legend

Nick_BlueNRG wrote: Sun 23 Feb 2020 9:06pm
The team that finishes 4th in 2020 ???

Proudly assuming the title of forum Oracle and serving as the inaugural Saintsational ‘weak as piss brigade’ President.
Nick_BlueNRG
Club Player

Stop trying to suck me in Saynta. There is nothing wrong with my post. It’s just my opinion

Nick_BlueNRG
Club Player

Joffa Burns wrote: Mon 24 Feb 2020 2:02pm
Nick_BlueNRG wrote: Sun 23 Feb 2020 9:06pm
The team that finishes 4th in 2020 ???
Correct

Nick_BlueNRG
Club Player

saynta wrote: Sun 23 Feb 2020 10:46pm
Trev from the Bush wrote: Sun 23 Feb 2020 10:17pm

As in Nexus? Helen or Nick or both? Should have guessed. :oops:
It’s just my opinion Trev. Re-read my post. There is nothing wrong with it.Saynta is just trying to provoke me hoping I will revert back to my bad old days but it won’t work

saynta
Saintsational Legend

Nick_BlueNRG wrote: Mon 24 Feb 2020 5:50pm

Stop trying to suck me in Saynta. There is nothing wrong with my post. It’s just my opinion
If you post rubbish opinions, I will call you out. And that was a so rubbishy it stank.

And I have no recollection of what you say were your bad old days,unless you really were nexus whatever.
Last edited by saynta on Mon 24 Feb 2020 7:37pm, edited 1 time in total.

Nick_BlueNRG
Club Player

saynta wrote: Mon 24 Feb 2020 5:57pm

If you post rubbish opinions, I will call you out. And that was a so rubbishy it stank.

And I have no recollection of what you say where your bad old days,unless you really were nexus whatever.
Congratulations saynta.......you have made it to my FOE list.

saynta
Saintsational Legend

Nick_BlueNRG wrote: Mon 24 Feb 2020 7:12pm

And I have no recollection of what you say where your bad old days,unless you really were nexus whatever.
Thank you. I will be forever grateful. :roll:

Joffa Burns
Saintsational Legend

Now I don't get this comment or action.

Just because you disagree with someone, or have some banter you add them to a foe list and then broadcast it. It limits your ability to agree or disagree or find some middle ground with the poster.

I for one have had my share of dust ups with Saynta, but to the best of my knowledge we have never "foed" each other and have not had any disagreements for sometime, in fact quite the opposite.

Why cut yourself from all the diverse opinions on this forum, isn't that what actually makes the fabric of the place?

Show some tolerance it it may be reciprocated.

Proudly assuming the title of forum Oracle and serving as the inaugural Saintsational ‘weak as piss brigade’ President.
SAINT-LEE
Club Player

He looked different.
He seemed like a player who was confident in himself.
He didn't over commit. I think in the past few years he has tried hard to bash his way into the fray, but he's not a David Armitage type. He was just on the fringe of the play ready to receive and it worked.
He ran more.
I believe having Harvs on the team made so many lift and really train hard as well as gut run.

Same with Hill, he's not some arrogant star waiting for the pill.
He trains hard, eats well, talks strategy and runs non stop.
It's wearing off on Dunstall.

stkfc1
Club Player

He was very good. He knows spots are going to be tight and he's one of the players on the frindge. He's no walk up start every week so he'll need to bring his A game to keep his spot. This is what competition for spots will bring. Hanners, Jones, Steele, Hill Dunstan, Ross, Billings and Gresh. Then throw in Clark and Sincs at times and we're starting to bat alot deeper.Marshall plays like a midfielder also.

saynta
Saintsational Legend

Joffa Burns wrote: Mon 24 Feb 2020 8:59pm

Just because you disagree with someone, or have some banter you add them to a foe list and then broadcast it. It limits your ability to agree or disagree or find some middle ground with the poster.

I for one have had my share of dust ups with Saynta, but to the best of my knowledge we have never "foed" each other and have not had any disagreements for sometime, in fact quite the opposite.

Why cut yourself from all the diverse opinions on this forum, isn't that what actually makes the fabric of the place?

I don't foe anyone, but there are one or two posters who I simply ignore. On the whole, I agree with your comments in this post.

saynta
Saintsational Legend

stkfc1 wrote: Mon 24 Feb 2020 10:21pm He was very good. He knows spots are going to be tight and he's one of the players on the frindge. He's no walk up start every week so he'll need to bring his A game to keep his spot. This is what competition for spots will bring. Hanners, Jones, Steele, Hill Dunstan, Ross, Billings and Gresh. Then throw in Clark and Sincs at times and we're starting to bat alot deeper.Marshall plays like a midfielder also.
I'm a fan. His performances in the latter part of last season were very good.

Nick_BlueNRG
Club Player

Hi Joffa, if you read his responses to my opinions just in this thread alone you will understand why I have FOEd him. He is just trying to stir the pot.

saynta
Saintsational Legend

Nick_BlueNRG wrote: Mon 24 Feb 2020 10:49pm

Hi Joffa, if you read his responses to my opinions just in this thread alone you will understand why I have FOEd him. He is just trying to stir the pot.
No. Just stating my opinion on your post.