Footy is off and running.

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

The_Dud
Saintsational Legend

Re: Footy is off and running.

desertsaint wrote: Fri 12 Jun 2020 2:29pm yeah thanks dud. i grew up in indigenous culture and count a heck of a lot more friends in that circle than you no doubt - the mcadams, brays, liddles, etc, etc. played in indigneous sports teams throughout my time. they aint all the same people with the same opinion as closet guilt affected racists seem to think. nicky can do what he likes, as an aboriginal and as an individual. it doesn't mean i have to agree with it, as i said, i would prefer they have their own symbol and not adopt an americanism. but you go on thinking everything is black and white. you dud.
Again, watch the video and then tell Nicky he has no idea and what he's doing is pure tokenism.

And I loved the old "I've got a black friend so therefore I can't be racist!" line. Talk about tokenism...

All posters are equal, but some posters are more equal than others.
desertsaint
Saintsational Legend

The_Dud wrote: Fri 12 Jun 2020 3:11pm
desertsaint wrote: Fri 12 Jun 2020 2:29pm yeah thanks dud. i grew up in indigenous culture and count a heck of a lot more friends in that circle than you no doubt - the mcadams, brays, liddles, etc, etc. played in indigneous sports teams throughout my time. they aint all the same people with the same opinion as closet guilt affected racists seem to think. nicky can do what he likes, as an aboriginal and as an individual. it doesn't mean i have to agree with it, as i said, i would prefer they have their own symbol and not adopt an americanism. but you go on thinking everything is black and white. you dud.
Again, watch the video and then tell Nicky he has no idea and what he's doing is pure tokenism.

And I loved the old "I've got a black friend so therefore I can't be racist!" line. Talk about tokenism...
yeah i thought so. you have no idea. a white city kid with no black mates. i didn't have a black friend you dud. i had many black brothers, uncles and aunts. we grew up together. so i'll ignore your ignorance in the issue. seen many like you. condescending to other opinions and blanket blacks as all one nation. i watched the whole vid. like many i love nick. don't know him personally. as i said he's welcome to his opinion, many of my black friends agree. unlike you they know where i'm coming from and don't make false assumptions. not as judgemental - one of their best traits - unlike you.

"The starting point of all achievement is desire. "
terry smith rules
SS Hall of Fame

The Fireman wrote: Fri 12 Jun 2020 2:29pm It's ok to have a criminal on your T Shirt..I think I have a Ned Kelly one somewhere.
Does not matter if he is a "criminal or not" he was summarily executed by police on the street. So you are ok with that.

" A few will never give up on you. When you go back out on the field, those are the people I want in your minds. Those are the people I want in your hearts."

— Coach Eric Taylor - Friday Night Lights
terry smith rules
SS Hall of Fame

Unfortunately Dud we seem to be left with the facists and racists on this site.

You only have to revisit some of the Adam Goodes posts from back then to see the same names and the same comments... disgusting

" A few will never give up on you. When you go back out on the field, those are the people I want in your minds. Those are the people I want in your hearts."

— Coach Eric Taylor - Friday Night Lights
desertsaint
Saintsational Legend

terry smith rules wrote: Fri 12 Jun 2020 3:27pm

Unfortunately Dud we seem to be left with the facists and racists on this site.

You only have to revisit some of the Adam Goodes posts from back then to see the same names and the same comments... disgusting
care to show me one? or are you another that simply casts a large net not looking or caring of what it catches?

Ghost Like
Saintsational Legend

I think Brad Hill summed it up best...

"It is pretty bad what is going on over there but it is a different part of the world. It does affect people. Like I said, it is pretty bad what is going on but it's not black versus whites. It's everyone versus racism," he said.

"It's something that is getting better over here but it's still stuff that does go on and can get better. Some of the stuff that you watch, does hit you at the heart sometimes. It's not the greatest thing you want to see."

I doubt any of Hill, Ryder, Gresham or Parker will want any player making a gesture they don't feel comfortable with. That said, I'm quite confident they will receive the support of their team mates & club for any action.

The_Dud
Saintsational Legend

desertsaint wrote: Fri 12 Jun 2020 3:23pm
...seen many like you. condescending to other opinions...

...unlike you they know where i'm coming from and don't make false assumptions. not as judgemental...
but then also
desertsaint wrote: Fri 12 Jun 2020 3:23pm
didn't like taking the knee one bit. pure tokenism and worse, an americanism.
To me that sounds pretty condescending, judgemental, and making a false assumption about their motives...

Maybe you should take some of your own advice?

Also FYI...

A statement was also read out about why the players decided to kneel before the game.
“The players want us to understand why they have chosen to do this, tonight’s gesture is one of support, unity and respect driven by the playing group,” the statement read. “We stand in solidarity with our indigenous brothers and sisters for all people of colour. There is no place for racism. The knee is an expression of that support, we see strength in diversity, it makes us better as a football club and as a community. We will be there for each other always, especially at a time when many are impacted by what is going on around the world. We will continue to learn and walk this journey together.”

desertsaint
Saintsational Legend

yes dud. i don't really want to engage with a closet racist. in my view taking a knee doesn't do anything in the long term. i have see so many token gestures, all delivered with the best intent. and you white city folk all pat yourselves on the back and get on with your lives.
using something because it is current isn't the solution, it more likely dies a quick death. but you immediately take the bullying stand that anyone who has a different opinion must be opposed to the cause itself. that is your arrogance and ignorance.

The_Dud
Saintsational Legend

desertsaint wrote: Fri 12 Jun 2020 5:14pm yes dud. i don't really want to engage with a closet racist. in my view taking a knee doesn't do anything in the long term. i have see so many token gestures, all delivered with the best intent. and you white city folk all pat yourselves on the back and get on with your lives.
using something because it is current isn't the solution, it more likely dies a quick death. but you immediately take the bullying stand that anyone who has a different opinion must be opposed to the cause itself. that is your arrogance and ignorance.

It's clear from this thread (and even from recent comments from the Prime Minister of this country) education is the biggest issue. Peaceful protests like that on a national stage (same as with Winmar all those years ago) starts a conversation that leads to people, if willing, to learn more about the reasons for the protest and then maybe make a change in their life, however large or small, which intern makes changes in our country (and the world) for the better.

So it's a lot more than "pure tokenism" as you've labelled it.

Also the recent protests/riots in America have already lead to many positive changes, though it's sad that it has to get to that point for something to happen.

Lastly, I haven't lived in the city since I was 5, and I would never steal someone's armoire.

HarryM
Club Player

The_Dud wrote: Fri 12 Jun 2020 2:02pm Trev, Harry, Enrico, desertsaint, feel free to tell Nicky to f**koff, you know, for consistency and all... :roll:

Might be time for you to go and smash a statue or two Duddles old boy, and get some of your well hidden venom out of your system. :D

desertsaint
Saintsational Legend

well that's a bit more of a reasonable reply, and your welcome to your opinion. education is important, which is why honest and open discussion is so important. so let's leave it at that. country boy 8-)

saynta
Saintsational Legend

Bit like I have a dud friend so can't be dumb or stupid, eh?

saynta
Saintsational Legend

terry smith rules wrote: Fri 12 Jun 2020 3:24pm
The Fireman wrote: Fri 12 Jun 2020 2:29pm It's ok to have a criminal on your T Shirt..I think I have a Ned Kelly one somewhere.
Does not matter if he is a "criminal or not" he was summarily executed by police on the street. So you are ok with that.
No one should be okay with what happend to that guy ffs, no one.

saynta
Saintsational Legend

HarryM wrote: Fri 12 Jun 2020 6:00pm
The_Dud wrote: Fri 12 Jun 2020 2:02pm Trev, Harry, Enrico, desertsaint, feel free to tell Nicky to f**koff, you know, for consistency and all... :roll:

Might be time for you to go and smash a statue or two Duddles old boy, and get some of your well hidden venom out of your system. :D
:D :D :) :) :wink:

The_Dud
Saintsational Legend

HarryM wrote: Fri 12 Jun 2020 6:00pm

Venom? I’m not the one getting all worked up and offended by a couple of blokes kneeling for 30 seconds... 🤔

And don’t you have a date with a pair of scissors and a pillow case?

The_Dud
Saintsational Legend

Well this game is certainly looking a lot better than last night already!

The Fireman
Saintsational Legend

The_Dud wrote: Fri 12 Jun 2020 9:20pm Well this game is certainly looking a lot better than last night already!
what's wrong with you ?? Talking about Football ??

when so many on here would rather point score on morality.
wake up to yourself.
if you feel offended by this comment then ............................ so be it.

asiu
Saintsational Legend

And don’t you have a date with a pair of scissors and a pillow case?

they’ve stuck a pillowcase on baying brian thank god
... he’s suitably restrained tonight

.name the ways , thought manipulates the State of Presence away.

.tipara waranta kani nina-tu.
saynta
Saintsational Legend

The_Dud wrote: Fri 12 Jun 2020 9:20pm Well this game is certainly looking a lot better than last night already!
Well it was, apart from the maggots trying to crucify te Hawks.

I f****** hate Girlong.

shanegrambeau
Saintsational Legend

Seeing Ryhs Stanley and Big Mac McEvoy out there...does it make you think we are any wiser now?

You're quite brilliant Shane, yeah..terrific!
freely
SS Hall of Fame

We just didn't have the patience with Stanley. We wanted him to be reiwoldt mark 2 and we didn't want him in the ruck, we kept on that he was a thoroughbred too good for that.

Secret Kiel
Club Player

You know you are a racist country when you are schooled on the matter by the Chinese Communist Government.

And if you take issue with the knee for any reason you are rasist. Own it. Get education. Get empathy.

saynta
Saintsational Legend

Secret Kiel wrote: Sat 13 Jun 2020 8:01am You know you are a racist country when you are schooled on the matter by the Chinese Communist Government.
What a derogatory bulls*** line. You have excelled yourself there. :roll: :roll: :roll:

saynta
Saintsational Legend

freely wrote: Sat 13 Jun 2020 6:31am We just didn't have the patience with Stanley. We wanted him to be reiwoldt mark 2 and we didn't want him in the ruck, we kept on that he was a thoroughbred too good for that.
Stanley was the only saints player criticized by Rooey in his book. Justifiably too.