Pisshead

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

whiskers3614
Saintsational Legend

Re: Pisshead

Shaggy wrote: Mon 22 Jun 2020 10:47pm
The_Dud wrote: Mon 22 Jun 2020 10:16pm
Shaggy wrote: Mon 22 Jun 2020 9:44pm It takes longer than 6 weeks to recover from divorce. I would say most people really struggle for first 6 months and true recovery takes between 1 to 4 years. Losing the plot is quite normal.

A person going through divorce cannot simply tear up their employment contract and be a good bloke and accept a lower wage because they are struggling. A family lawyer acting for the ex would have a field day.

I am guessing Jack has or will have to give up majority of his assets to his ex in his financial settlement. And you want him to be a good bloke and accept a lower wage because he is f***ed up. As a 4 time B&F winner he deserves to be supported IMO during troubled times.
If your own extra curricular behaviour winds up costing you your marriage, IMO that doesn’t give you much of a leg to stand on when asking for special treatment because of your divorce.
Was the infidelity the cause or result?
I have been both divorced and depressed, so I may have some idea what is going on in his life.
However I find it strange that he would want to break his side of the contract whilst expecting his employer to keep their side.A hypothetical question: let's say Buddy broke up with his Mrs 12 months into his Sydney contract and decided that his mental health could only be helped by moving to the USA, would he then expect the remaining $8 million to be paid by Sydney?
I would never make assumptions about relationships.

Spinner
Saintsational Legend

The_Dud wrote: Mon 22 Jun 2020 10:16pm
Shaggy wrote: Mon 22 Jun 2020 9:44pm
whiskers3614 wrote: Mon 22 Jun 2020 9:07am Rather than making judgments about true colours and intelligence how about you go through Moods' well written post and explain to us less intelligent folks where the fallacies lie.I see you carefully avoid any discussion re us paying part of his contract which was my main bone of contention!
Moods wrote: Mon 22 Jun 2020 12:01am I have no problem paying out Jack's contract if it can be proven that his mental issues were caused, in part, by him playing football with the stkilda football club. Workcover is there for everyone. It appears though, that footy has very little to do with the myriad of issues facing Jack. Imagine getting paid your full wage at work for falling off your ladder at home?
A mate of mine from work broke up with his wife about 6 years ago now. He was a complete mess. Couldn't function at all. He took sick leave for 6 weeks while he saw a shrink and pulled himself together. Says a bit about Jack that he would rather sit out and have us pay him 800k rather than tear up his contract and go and play footy with the cats for a lower salary. A good bloke would renegotiate the terms of his contract. Just like a good club would do the same if a player was on a long term contract and was suddenly dominating the competition like Alastair Lynch did in the 90's with the Bears/Lions. They renegotiated his 10 year deal so that it was commensurate with his output.
It takes longer than 6 weeks to recover from divorce. I would say most people really struggle for first 6 months and true recovery takes between 1 to 4 years. Losing the plot is quite normal.

A person going through divorce cannot simply tear up their employment contract and be a good bloke and accept a lower wage because they are struggling. A family lawyer acting for the ex would have a field day.

I am guessing Jack has or will have to give up majority of his assets to his ex in his financial settlement. And you want him to be a good bloke and accept a lower wage because he is f***ed up. As a 4 time B&F winner he deserves to be supported IMO during troubled times.
If your own extra curricular behaviour winds up costing you your marriage, IMO that doesn’t give you much of a leg to stand on when asking for special treatment because of your divorce.
Look at the judgements littered in this thread. Does it really matter?

We paid he and he performed while he was a 'good bloke' but now don't want to pay him while he is a 'bad bloke. St Kilda should have put a clause in there, similar to the Ross Lyon one is they were so God damn worried.

If you are sick, you are sick - whether you might think they are responsible or not.

Spinner
Saintsational Legend

Moods wrote: Mon 22 Jun 2020 12:01am I have no problem paying out Jack's contract if it can be proven that his mental issues were caused, in part, by him playing football with the stkilda football club. Workcover is there for everyone. It appears though, that footy has very little to do with the myriad of issues facing Jack. Imagine getting paid your full wage at work for falling off your ladder at home?
A mate of mine from work broke up with his wife about 6 years ago now. He was a complete mess. Couldn't function at all. He took sick leave for 6 weeks while he saw a shrink and pulled himself together. Says a bit about Jack that he would rather sit out and have us pay him 800k rather than tear up his contract and go and play footy with the cats for a lower salary. A good bloke would renegotiate the terms of his contract. Just like a good club would do the same if a player was on a long term contract and was suddenly dominating the competition like Alastair Lynch did in the 90's with the Bears/Lions. They renegotiated his 10 year deal so that it was commensurate with his output.
Works only one way for this bloke - output goes down so reduce pay... how about all those years Steven was winning best and fairests - with the rest of the list made of duds. Probably underpaid. Does he get to rip it up like the suggestion above?

Heaps of players hurt themselves at home. Everitt, Mark Coughlan, Wines, Petracca ... did they all not get paid?

Rules for some, but not others.

Spinner
Saintsational Legend

whiskers3614 wrote: Mon 22 Jun 2020 9:07am
Spinner wrote: Mon 22 Jun 2020 7:14am
whiskers3614 wrote: Sun 21 Jun 2020 12:25pm Got nothing and still paying part of his contract.
Played the mental health card so snookered us for any hardball options.
What draft picks did you want for a 6 possession player?

Love the quality on this thread showing peoples true colours (and intelligence). Bagging a player for playing s*** but crying out for a better trade at the same time... makes no sense, can’t have it both ways.
Rather than making judgments about true colours and intelligence how about you go through Moods' well written post and explain to us less intelligent folks where the fallacies lie.I see you carefully avoid any discussion re us paying part of his contract which was my main bone of contention!
Well written is your perspective. I thought it was a load of s***.

ace
Saintsational Legend

BarryGrogan wrote: Sun 21 Jun 2020 3:59pm
whiskers3614 wrote: Sun 21 Jun 2020 12:25pm Got nothing and still paying part of his contract.
Played the mental health card so snookered us for any hardball options.
But he's been stabbed, and played 1 game of terrible football.
And now Geelong supporters have knives to to stab him.

The more you know, the more you know you don't know.
When I was a young child, I knew that I knew so much about so much.
Now that I am old and know so much more, I know that I know so much about so little, and so little about so much.
ace
Saintsational Legend

whiskers3614 wrote: Sun 21 Jun 2020 8:53pm A bit one sided don't you think?
There probably has to be some measure going forward for "mental health", or contracts won't be worth squat.
Remember when we played games as kids and crossed our fingers and called barley as an immunity to getting tagged?
Mental health is the new "barley"?
China has put an 80% tariff on barley.
That effectively means no barley.
Does that mean we never play in China again. :? :? :?

Now that I am old and know so much more, I know that I know so much about so little, and so little about so much.
ace
Saintsational Legend

spert wrote: Mon 22 Jun 2020 7:44am Jack looks better in a Saints jumper- the Cats strip doesn't suit him.
My mother told me tht vertical stripes were better they made you look thin.
horizontal hoop stripes just make you look FAT.

ace
Saintsational Legend

Shaggy wrote: Mon 22 Jun 2020 9:44pm
whiskers3614 wrote: Mon 22 Jun 2020 9:07am Rather than making judgments about true colours and intelligence how about you go through Moods' well written post and explain to us less intelligent folks where the fallacies lie.I see you carefully avoid any discussion re us paying part of his contract which was my main bone of contention!
It takes longer than 6 weeks to recover from divorce. I would say most people really struggle for first 6 months and true recovery takes between 1 to 4 years. Losing the plot is quite normal.

Not so sure about that.
I remember Gary Ablett Snr quit football ahead of his divorce settlement.
A couple of colleagues who commuted from Geelong were insistent that his retirement was temporary to reduce his income.
Sure enough divorce settlement over Ablett is "persuaded" to come back out of retirement.

saintspremiers
Saintsational Legend

ace wrote: Tue 23 Jun 2020 6:03am
spert wrote: Mon 22 Jun 2020 7:44am Jack looks better in a Saints jumper- the Cats strip doesn't suit him.
Agree.

Must say I was pleased to see him is his current shape as it has justified our lousy pick for him.

Don’t think we will be seeing much of him for while.

And whilst I hate Carlton it was funny watching the pussies lose at home to them.

i am Melbourne Skies - sometimes Blue Skies, Grey Skies, even Partly Cloudy Skies.
whiskers3614
Saintsational Legend

Spinner wrote: Tue 23 Jun 2020 2:24am
Works only one way for this bloke - output goes down so reduce pay... how about all those years Steven was winning best and fairests - with the rest of the list made of duds. Probably underpaid. Does he get to rip it up like the suggestion above?

Heaps of players hurt themselves at home. Everitt, Mark Coughlan, Wines, Petracca ... did they all not get paid?

Who were they paid by?
I don't remember any of them demanding a clearance at the time of these "injuries"?
I'm not suggesting Steven should not get paid rather that once a contract is breached the other party should be relieved of their responsibilities.(unless their actions caused that breach).

saynta
Saintsational Legend

saintspremiers wrote: Tue 23 Jun 2020 8:25am
Agree.

Must say I was pleased to see him is his current shape as it has justified our lousy pick for him.

And whilst I hate Carlton it was funny watching the pussies lose at home to them.

f****** hilarious I thought. Especially seeing that numb nuts pussie punching the ball when if he left it alone it was a certain goal. How much did they lose by again? :D :D :) :D :)

saynta
Saintsational Legend

ace wrote: Tue 23 Jun 2020 5:57am
There probably has to be some measure going forward for "mental health", or contracts won't be worth squat.
Remember when we played games as kids and crossed our fingers and called barley as an immunity to getting tagged?
Hope so.

Spinner
Saintsational Legend

whiskers3614 wrote: Tue 23 Jun 2020 8:56am

Who were they paid by?
I don't remember any of them demanding a clearance at the time of these "injuries"?
I'm not suggesting Steven should not get paid rather that once a contract is breached the other party should be relieved of their responsibilities.(unless their actions caused that breach).

How was the contact breached? He asked for a trade like so many other footballers in contract do each year end.

And footballer contacts rarely get renegotiated upon good performance. Best example is Ablett on his previous deal with a Geelong before moving. That’s why the poster above had to go all the way to the Stone Age with Alastair Lynch.

freely
SS Hall of Fame

saynta wrote: Tue 23 Jun 2020 9:22am
Hope so.
Is it time to start calling out the casual racism on this site? - the standard you scroll past, etc......

SaintPav
Saintsational Legend

saynta wrote: Tue 23 Jun 2020 9:19am
Agree.

f****** hilarious I thought. Especially seeing that numb nuts pussie punching the ball when if he left it alone it was a certain goal. How much did they lose by again? :D :D :) :D :)
People are such pussies these days, aren't they?

Our friend comes to mind.

:lol:

Holder of unacceptable views and other thought crimes.
Joffa Burns
Saintsational Legend

freely wrote: Wed 24 Jun 2020 6:59am
Hope so.
Is it time to start calling out the casual racism on this site? - the standard you scroll past, etc......
ME SO SOLLY

Proudly assuming the title of forum Oracle and serving as the inaugural Saintsational ‘weak as piss brigade’ President.
saynta
Saintsational Legend

Hope so.
That's just a bulls*** comment. :roll:

saynta
Saintsational Legend

SaintPav wrote: Wed 24 Jun 2020 8:14am
saynta wrote: Tue 23 Jun 2020 9:19am
Agree.

People are such pussies these days, aren't they?

Our friend comes to mind.

:lol:
:D :wink:

Joffa Burns
Saintsational Legend

saynta wrote: Wed 24 Jun 2020 11:05am
Hope so.
Political correctness gone mad...

The American baseball League has the Atlanta Braves & The Washington Redskins but Nestle' AU wants to change the name of the redskin confectionery brand.

In what culture is the brand name Chico a racial slur?
That brand name is also goneski!

This on top of calls to change the "Coon Cheese" brand name for racial reasons whilst disregarding the brand name comes from the family name COON.

Meanwhile Puneet Puneet has again gone missing and will not front extradition hearings to face charges for his heinous crime as he doesn't want to return and face the racist Australian court system.

Yep, drawing a long bow and generalizing and perhaps it is just me being a boomer but the WOKE generation have IMO, lost sense of reality.

https://www.heraldsun.com.au/news/victo ... 3ff2d76e6f

Nestle to rename Chicos, Red Skins
Two iconic Aussie lollies will be renamed to avoid offence, prompting angry consumers to threaten boycotting all Nestle products. But what should the names be changed to?

Karen Collier, Herald Sun
Subscriber only

The name of Red Skins and Chicos lollies will be changed to avoid offence.

Food manufacturing giant Nestle has announced it plans to scrap and replace the names.

“This decision acknowledges the need to ensure that nothing we do marginalises our friends, neighbours and colleagues,” the company said.

“These names have overtones which are out of step with Nestle’s values, which are rooted in respect.

“While new names have not yet been finalised, we will move quickly to change these names.”

Some shoppers have slammed the move as over the top and threatened a boycott.

“You people have lost the plot. I will no longer be purchasing any of your products and will be urging my family and friends to do the same. The whole world has gone mad,” one wrote on Facebook.

The decision was also labelled “ridiculous”, “stupid” and “political correctness overload”.

But others praised it, commenting: “Times change and we as people need to change with them” and “This is great, these names never affected me but have always made me feel uncomfortable …”

Gideon Rozner, director of policy at the Institute of Public Affairs think tank, said Nestle should focus on “creating jobs, providing value for its shareholders, and making lollies”.

“This is getting exhausting,” Mr Rozner said.

“Cancel culture, in the main, seem to be driven by noisy activists getting offended on behalf of others.

“It’s difficult to work out who, if anyone, is actually helped by this kind of corporate posturing.”

Both products, marketed under the Allen’s brand, are sold only in Australia and have been available for decades.

Critics say the term Red Skins is derogatory and racially insensitive to Native Americans, and Chico is disparaging to Latin Americans.

Red Skins’ packaging was stripped of a photo and cartoon of Native Americans in the 1990s.

A backlash against racism has swept the globe in the wake of American George Floyd’s death in police custody last month.

Nestle’s decision follows renewed debate over the appropriateness of the name of popular cheese brand Coon.

Proudly assuming the title of forum Oracle and serving as the inaugural Saintsational ‘weak as piss brigade’ President.
saynta
Saintsational Legend

Joffa Burns wrote: Wed 24 Jun 2020 11:31am
Hope so.

The American baseball League has the Atlanta Braves & The Washington Redskins but Nestle' AU wants to change the name of the redskin confectionery brand.

This on top of calls to change the "Coon Cheese" brand name for racial reasons whilst disregarding the brand name comes from the family name COON.

Meanwhile Puneet Puneet has again gone missing and will not front extradition hearings to face charges for his heinous crime as he doesn't want to return and face the racist Australian court system.

Yep, drawing a long bow and generalizing and perhaps it is just me being a boomer but the WOKE generation have IMO, lost sense of reality.

Two iconic Aussie lollies will be renamed to avoid offence, prompting angry consumers to threaten boycotting all Nestle products. But what should the names be changed to?

Subscriber only

Food manufacturing giant Nestle has announced it plans to scrap and replace the names.

“This decision acknowledges the need to ensure that nothing we do marginalises our friends, neighbours and colleagues,” the company said.

“These names have overtones which are out of step with Nestle’s values, which are rooted in respect.

“While new names have not yet been finalised, we will move quickly to change these names.”

“You people have lost the plot. I will no longer be purchasing any of your products and will be urging my family and friends to do the same. The whole world has gone mad,” one wrote on Facebook.

The decision was also labelled “ridiculous”, “stupid” and “political correctness overload”.

But others praised it, commenting: “Times change and we as people need to change with them” and “This is great, these names never affected me but have always made me feel uncomfortable …”

Gideon Rozner, director of policy at the Institute of Public Affairs think tank, said Nestle should focus on “creating jobs, providing value for its shareholders, and making lollies”.

“Cancel culture, in the main, seem to be driven by noisy activists getting offended on behalf of others.

“It’s difficult to work out who, if anyone, is actually helped by this kind of corporate posturing.”

Both products, marketed under the Allen’s brand, are sold only in Australia and have been available for decades.

Critics say the term Red Skins is derogatory and racially insensitive to Native Americans, and Chico is disparaging to Latin Americans.

Red Skins’ packaging was stripped of a photo and cartoon of Native Americans in the 1990s.

A backlash against racism has swept the globe in the wake of American George Floyd’s death in police custody last month.

Nestle’s decision follows renewed debate over the appropriateness of the name of popular cheese brand Coon.
I suppose the humble by highly enjoyable chico roll is in trouble too. :cry:

About time the silent majority started hitting back at these cancel culture fwits.

Joffa Burns
Saintsational Legend

saynta wrote: Wed 24 Jun 2020 11:36am
Joffa Burns wrote: Wed 24 Jun 2020 11:31am
Hope so.

Subscriber only

Probably Saynta, I'm actually confused by how the word "Chico" is a racial slur.
I googled it and found nothing of note.

We grew up with terribly racist products & ad campaigns like "Nigger boy licorice" & "brillo" and they were rightfully banished for being racially inflammatory and though we didn't realise it at the time extremely degrading.

The challenge is the age of outrage & how far this PC has gone.

Mr Magic
Saintsational Legend

Í think Chico is a reference to Latino (can I use this term these days?) people.
(There used to be a television show titled Chico & the Man starring Freddie Prinze)

BarryGrogan
Club Player

saynta wrote: Wed 24 Jun 2020 11:36am

About time the silent majority started hitting back at these cancel culture fwits.
It's a Chiko Roll.

But really, who cares if these things change their name?

My life moved on relatively unchanged when Fags changed their name to Fads.

The outrage from some people about these proposed changes, is worse than the outrage that causes the changes.

Joffa Burns
Saintsational Legend

Mr Magic wrote: Wed 24 Jun 2020 12:03pm Í think Chico is a reference to Latino (can I use this term these days?) people.
(There used to be a television show titled Chico & the Man starring Freddie Prinze)
I remember that show, I think the actor unfortunately committed suicide at a very young age.

Just looked him up and (surprisingly :roll: ) Chico is the dad of Freddie Prinze JNR who has had a very decent acting and producing career.

Moods
Saintsational Legend

Underpaid!!! There would have been VERY few clubs, particularly top clubs that would have paid Steven the coin he was on at St Kilda whilst we were crap. The good clubs have A graders who get the majority of the coin. Steven was never A grade. He was a very good player, but because we were a very underperforming club he was paid the highest. It's the ironical benefit of playing for a bad team. The team may not win many games but if you're any good you get actually get paid overs because the club has to pay 95% of it's salary cap (or thereabouts) therefore players Like Steven and Billings are actually overpaid for what they're output is.

Jack, through many of his lifestyle choices, made some poor decisions. We supported him for a full year to overcome them in 2019 (fair enough). His output was dreadful. Not like we were supporting him while he was injured playing footy. Saint Lee's post a month or so back was very enlightening and in many respects corroborates much of what I'd heard about Jack's activities.

Now, Jack wanted to play at the Cats because it suited his lifestyle to be closer to his family as a consequences of his life taking a wrong turn. No-one begrudges him that. No one is happy about it, but it's life. The Saints paid out Andrew Lovett after he made a couple of bad choices too. But NOT THE FULL AMOUNT. I don't begrudge Jack getting a pay out, but he's basically demanding his full pay, to play at another club, whilst we contribute to his salary to bring it up to his previous salary OR he'll sit out the year and claim mental health issues. And you reckon that's fine? I bet Alex Rance didn't do that to Richmond.

And BTW you make a very good point about the above listed players injuring themselves at home. Some were through poor choices but most were pure accidents. None of those players basically finished a season off overweight and unfit and then demanded a trade with their full wage to another club the next season.