Essendon player tests positive to COVID 19

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

Scollop
Saintsational Legend

Re: Essendon player tests positive to COVID 19

saynta wrote: Tue 23 Jun 2020 9:32am
ace wrote: Tue 23 Jun 2020 6:48am I need to make a virtual apology.
You attended my virtual gathering at the weekend.
We all had a virtual great time.
We practiced world best food handling practice.
But to my great virtual dismay many of you have come down with virtual food poisoning and virtually being hospitalised.
Due to the cluster it is clear that this virtually occurred due the food you virtually ate at my virtual gathering.
I desperately need to say SORRY for this virtual outcome.
I don't have any virtual money so can not contribute to your virtual medical expenses but I hope that medicare will virtually cover these.
Please virtually forgive me.
I make this virtual apology because it is the right thing to do and part of my culture.

Back in the real world
I note that as a result of criminally insane food handling practices in China a virus was developed.
China is sufficiently advanced to be aware that these practices were unsafe but allowed them to continue as they were seen as part of Chinese culture.
This virus was spread from China.
China did their best to cover the emergence of the virus and then lied to the world about its level and method of infection.
China did nothing to prevent the spread to the rest of the world.
Flights from Wuhan to the rest of the world were not interrupted.
Close to half a million people have died as a result.
National economies have been destroyed.
Lives and business devastated and destroyed by consequential actions to limit the spread.
The economic cost is counted in trillions.

China refuses to recognise any responsibility.
China refuses even offer any form of apology.
China certainly will not pay any of the costs.
Instead China tries to punish any country that criticises their conduct.

The Chinese Ambassador to Australia is belligerent and unapologetic.
The Chinese Communist Party is belligerent and unapologetic.
The Chinese president Xi Jinping refuses to accept any responsibility for China and refuses to say SORRY, instead threatening his critics.

How dare they.
Let me use some language from the Labor party.
FU Chinese Communist Party, FU Xi Jinping.
And amen to that brother. :D
piss off will you

How many people have died from asbestos or coal dust in their lungs?

How many people have died or had their kids with permanent learning disabilities because of lead in paints and household items and leaded petrol?

How many have cancers from weed killers and pesticides that most countries in the world have banned, but Scomo and the Libs are happy to allow multi nationals to keep selling to the Australian public?

Why don't you look in your own backyard before your huff and puff with your racist rants

freely
SS Hall of Fame

I'm with scollop. Sick of these excuses for making racist comments in every thread. Mouth off to your wife if you must but don't bring it in here.

Scollop
Saintsational Legend

Olympians and other elite athletes have ways of using agents to mask a positive test when it comes to prohibited substances and performance enhancing drugs. What’s to say that someone or a group of AFL players have been assisted with Covid testing to ensure that they get a negative result?

There’s a lot at stake here

Nahhhh!! Scratch that. If anyone could mask a test it would be the No 1 tennis player in the world and he just tested positive to Covid

SaintPav
Saintsational Legend

Scollop wrote: Wed 24 Jun 2020 6:54am
But to my great virtual dismay many of you have come down with virtual food poisoning and virtually being hospitalised.
Due to the cluster it is clear that this virtually occurred due the food you virtually ate at my virtual gathering.
I don't have any virtual money so can not contribute to your virtual medical expenses but I hope that medicare will virtually cover these.
I make this virtual apology because it is the right thing to do and part of my culture.

Back in the real world
I note that as a result of criminally insane food handling practices in China a virus was developed.
China is sufficiently advanced to be aware that these practices were unsafe but allowed them to continue as they were seen as part of Chinese culture.
China did their best to cover the emergence of the virus and then lied to the world about its level and method of infection.
Lives and business devastated and destroyed by consequential actions to limit the spread.

The Chinese president Xi Jinping refuses to accept any responsibility for China and refuses to say SORRY, instead threatening his critics.

How dare they.
piss off will you

How many people have died or had their kids with permanent learning disabilities because of lead in paints and household items and leaded petrol?

How many have cancers from weed killers and pesticides that most countries in the world have banned, but Scomo and the Libs are happy to allow multi nationals to keep selling to the Australian public?

Why don't you look in your own backyard before your huff and puff with your racist rants
You’re right, we should always look in our backyard first and states are usually guilty of doing the things they blame others for or similar but at least he kept his rant to critising the CCP. They should not be above criticism merely for the way they treat their own people and it's not racist for pointing this out.

Holder of unacceptable views and other thought crimes.
saynta
Saintsational Legend

Scollop wrote: Wed 24 Jun 2020 6:54am

Back in the real world

How dare they.
piss off will you

What did ace say that wasn't true"? :roll: No racist comments there afaic. But a truthful rant nevertheless. Saying the words China or chinese is not racist .Tell you what is racist though. Saying Australia is nothing more than America's dog or like chewing gum stuck to China's boot.

Ever heard the saying two wrongs don't make a right? Obviously not.

The_Dud
Saintsational Legend

Secret Kiel wrote: Tue 23 Jun 2020 8:59pm
The_Dud wrote: Tue 23 Jun 2020 8:18pm

Yep, those ratings sound horrendous

Your cut and paste skills are worse than your comprehension skills Stooges. :lol: :lol: :lol:

You missed these bits:

"the thirst dissipated come Thursday night's clash between Richmond and Hawthorn, with the network enduring an average fall of more than 450,000 national viewers"

"Seven revealed", "a major drop on last week's return to football after the COVID-19"

"The metro ratings across Australia also slipped, from an average of 1.02 million last week to 624,000."

Add the national and metro figures together and you get a massive drop of 1 million viewers between round 2 and 3.

And things are getting worse as we accelerate towards another full lockdown.
Yes, the ratings fell... to higher numbers than last season

Not even close to being "through the floor", more like "hovering above the roof tiles" :lol:

Now do the one about a tsunami of soft tissue injuries and phantom Port players ripping their hamstrings off the bone :lol: :lol: :lol:

All posters are equal, but some posters are more equal than others.
Secret Kiel
Club Player

The_Dud wrote: Wed 24 Jun 2020 2:26pm

Your cut and paste skills are worse than your comprehension skills Stooges. :lol: :lol: :lol:

You missed these bits:

"the thirst dissipated come Thursday night's clash between Richmond and Hawthorn, with the network enduring an average fall of more than 450,000 national viewers"

"Seven revealed", "a major drop on last week's return to football after the COVID-19"

"The metro ratings across Australia also slipped, from an average of 1.02 million last week to 624,000."

Add the national and metro figures together and you get a massive drop of 1 million viewers between round 2 and 3.

Not even close to being "through the floor", more like "hovering above the roof tiles" :lol:

Now do the one about a tsunami of soft tissue injuries and phantom Port players ripping their hamstrings off the bone :lol: :lol: :lol:
Good try but maybe you should stick to the comprehension of the numbers you can count on your fingers and toes.

Dropping 1 million viewers in one week...that's big.

The_Dud
Saintsational Legend

Secret Kiel wrote: Wed 24 Jun 2020 3:15pm

You missed these bits:

Good try but maybe you should stick to the comprehension of the numbers you can count on your fingers and toes.

Haha, ok, like I said before, I know you backed the wrong horse early and instead of jumping off, are trying to hang on for dear life, no matter how silly it makes you look: :D

Trying to turn better TV ratings than last year into a bad thing is a bold strategy.

I would ask you to explain how you came up with your 1 million viewer drop by "Adding the national and metro figures together", but at this point I'm starting to feel a bit sorry for you, no one needs that kind of embarrassment :lol:

Secret Kiel
Club Player

The_Dud wrote: Wed 24 Jun 2020 3:33pm

You missed these bits:

Haha, ok, like I said before, I know you backed the wrong horse early and instead of jumping off, are trying to hang on for dear life, no matter how silly it makes you look: :D

Trying to turn better TV ratings than last year into a bad thing is a bold strategy.

I would ask you to explain how you came up with your 1 million viewer drop by "Adding the national and metro figures together", but at this point I'm starting to feel a bit sorry for you, no one needs that kind of embarrassment :lol:
Amoungst all the dull parts of this day you are at least providing some slap and tickle.

Ya wanna talk some simple like kicks marks and hand balls, or maybe even a discussion who was better, GT or Lyon.

Scollop
Saintsational Legend

Saynta,

Everything Ace says is true
Everything ScoMo says is true

Everything Trump says is true

Lots of mis information out there, including the theory that the virus was released from a lab

It's going to be interesting if this WHO study into the origins of Covid, backfires on Scomo and the USA

There are reports from scientific communities that create more questions and doubt regarding the origins of Covid 19. The US army was in Wuhan in October last year. US citizens may have been dying from Covid prior to the Wuhan outbreak

https://m.economictimes.com/news/intern ... 569812.cms

https://www.globaltimes.cn/content/1183658.shtml

sunsaint
Saintsational Legend
Location: Queensland - Beautiful one day ... you know the rest

Scollop wrote: Wed 24 Jun 2020 4:35pm
Lots of mis information out there,
<snip>
the US wouldnt even have to send covert ops into chyna
surely they could just point one of their satellites at Wuhan and bombard them with 5g "cosmic gamma waves"

Seeya
The_Dud
Saintsational Legend

Secret Kiel wrote: Wed 24 Jun 2020 4:04pm

You missed these bits:

Amoungst all the dull parts of this day you are at least providing some slap and tickle.

Ya wanna talk some simple like kicks marks and hand balls, or maybe even a discussion who was better, GT or Lyon.
Oh no, please, I want to stick with this a little longer now, as I'm limited to "comprehension of the numbers you can count on your fingers and toes". I really want to know how, using those above figures, you managed to come up with 1 million viewers dropped in a week???

:)

Secret Kiel
Club Player

The_Dud wrote: Wed 24 Jun 2020 6:26pm

You missed these bits:

Oh no, please, I want to stick with this a little longer now, as I'm limited to "comprehension of the numbers you can count on your fingers and toes". I really want to know how, using those above figures, you managed to come up with 1 million viewers dropped in a week???

It's ok if you don't understand. You seem like you want to believe this year is normal and that article from the Age was fake news so if it's upsetting you we can just agree to go along with what makes you feel secure.❤ Maybe give your cardboard cutout a cuddle ❤

The_Dud
Saintsational Legend

Secret Kiel wrote: Wed 24 Jun 2020 7:57pm

You missed these bits:

It's ok if you don't understand. You seem like you want to believe this year is normal and that article from the Age was fake news so if it's upsetting you we can just agree to go along with what makes you feel secure.❤ Maybe give your cardboard cutout a cuddle ❤
No need to keep delaying, please, just put down the obviously very creative equation you used, I’ll try ‘comprehend’, you were so confident about it only a few posts ago! :D

BarryGrogan
Club Player

Secret Kiel has a real Teflon whiff about it.

Secret Kiel
Club Player

The_Dud wrote: Wed 24 Jun 2020 8:30pm
Secret Kiel wrote: Wed 24 Jun 2020 7:57pm

You missed these bits:

No need to keep delaying, please, just put down the obviously very creative equation you used, I’ll try ‘comprehend’, you were so confident about it only a few posts ago! :D
I admit you were right, the Age Article was fake news and the game is in great shape and the TV ratings are trending up. Hugs and Cuddles. ❤❤

BackFromUSA
Saintsational Legend

OK Secret Kiel and The Dud.

COOL IT.

Enough.

This is pre-warning to take your ongoing dispute (if you so wish) into Private Messages or start a Secret Kiel V The Dud thread in the animal enclosure!

More bickering and I shall apply this rule:

"Any post that negatively relates to or references, or baits (directly or indirectly) another poster, or posters, or group of posters in the Saintsational Fan Forum or leads to bickering to the level of an ongoing dispute, will be deemed a breach of rules and the penalty will be either a 1 DAY BAN or 1 WEEK BAN."

AwayInUSA no longer ... have based myself back in Melbourne for a decade of Saintsational Success (with regular trips back to the USA)

"Saintsational Player Sponsor 2007 - 2018"
Jacks Back
Saintsational Legend

What I want to know is, how can you test positive one day and negative a couple of days later? What sort of testing is going on here?

As ex-president Peter Summers said:
“If we are going to be a contender, we may as well plan to win the bloody thing.”

St Kilda - At least we have a Crest!
saintspremiers
Saintsational Legend

Jacks Back wrote: Wed 24 Jun 2020 10:28pm What I want to know is, how can you test positive one day and negative a couple of days later? What sort of testing is going on here?
It’s called a false positive. Happens a lot with blood tests. Nothing new here. That’s why there are often re-tests.

It’s quite possible the Irishman never had COVID in the first place.

The virus is not that bad in Victoria. Only 20 have died from it and only 9 in hospital with it at the moment.

The government has often said the vast majority of cases are very, very mild - which follows that there will be a lot of false positive tests due to the low viral load in many of the people getting tested.

i am Melbourne Skies - sometimes Blue Skies, Grey Skies, even Partly Cloudy Skies.
Scollop
Saintsational Legend

saintspremiers wrote: Thu 25 Jun 2020 8:36am
Jacks Back wrote: Wed 24 Jun 2020 10:28pm What I want to know is, how can you test positive one day and negative a couple of days later? What sort of testing is going on here?
It’s called a false positive. Happens a lot with blood tests. Nothing new here. That’s why there are often re-tests.

The virus is not that bad in Victoria. Only 20 have died from it and only 9 in hospital with it at the moment.

The government has often said the vast majority of cases are very, very mild - which follows that there will be a lot of false positive tests due to the low viral load in many of the people getting tested.
I heard a report on DW English news on SBS this morning and a US medical expert on infectious disease was talking about the testing.

He claimed they are imperfect tests and in some cases they are coming up with a positive result if the patient has coronavirus antibodies or has symptoms of the common cold or has recently recovered from a cold which is related in some ways to the coronavirus Covid-19

Lots of info on google and wikipedia regarding the common cold

saintspremiers
Saintsational Legend

Scollop wrote: Thu 25 Jun 2020 8:48am

I heard a report on DW English news on SBS this morning and a US medical expert on infectious disease was talking about the testing.

He claimed they are imperfect tests and in some cases they are coming up with a positive result if the patient has coronavirus antibodies or has symptoms of the common cold or has recently recovered from a cold which is related in some ways to the coronavirus Covid-19

Lots of info on google and wikipedia regarding the common cold
Makes sense given the common cold, of which there is no vaccine, is a caronavirus itself.

i am Melbourne Skies - sometimes Blue Skies, Grey Skies, even Partly Cloudy Skies.
saynta
Saintsational Legend

The bummer probably was at the tail end of his infection when tested and is now virus free. No magic or false positives there at all.

saynta
Saintsational Legend

From the herald sun/com.au

"Essendon player Conor McKenna’s recent negative coronavirus test after earlier testing positive is not uncommon, Prof Sutton said.

“There are lots of people who test positive one day at the tail end of the infection and test negative 24 hours later,” he said.

“Two negative tests give us the confidence that someone isn’t infectious. That’s the case here in all likelihood.”

Scollop
Saintsational Legend

https://au.news.yahoo.com/coronavirus-t ... 25786.html

It’s going to be interesting if they also discover covid in USA water samples in early 2019, British water samples in early 2019, Italian water samples in early 2019, etc...

Devilhead
Saintsational Legend

Scollop wrote: Mon 29 Jun 2020 8:58pm https://au.news.yahoo.com/coronavirus-t ... 25786.html

It’s going to be interesting if they also discover covid in USA water samples in early 2019, British water samples in early 2019, Italian water samples in early 2019, etc...
What they wont tell us is that Covid has actually been around for years and in the past has been misdiagnosed as the flu or a cold given they haven't been able to specifically test for it.

Would be interesting to know the flu stats and whether they have dropped during this Covid pandemic? - this could be the case cause humans have been socially distancing or it could be that Covid cases are now being diagnosed correctly and therefore flu numbers will decrease

Not that I am a conspiracy theorist :twisted:

The Devil makes work for idle hands!!!