Nicky Winmar suing Sam Newman and co-hosts for attempt to revise historical moment

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

asiu
Saintsational Legend

Re: Nicky Winmar suing Sam Newman and co-hosts for attempt to revise historical moment

yea

its all pretty easy

(sensitive types look over ~~~~~>
... not a this link)

edit : coz , lol ... it won’t work

https://unlawfulthreads.com/products/do ... -all-sizes

.name the ways , thought manipulates the State of Presence away.

.tipara waranta kani nina-tu.
asiu
Saintsational Legend

Re: Nicky Winmar suing Sam Newman and co-hosts for attempt to revise historical moment

that was basically a short story on a tee shirt
about
Buddha ‘n the C word

basically
... don’t be one.

Secret Kiel
Club Player

asiu wrote: Wed 01 Jul 2020 12:43pm that was basically a short story on a tee shirt
about
Buddha ‘n the C word

basically
... don’t be one.
It's why the bible and all of it's sequels are overbloated repositories of whacky ideas and rules. The bible should be one page, and on that page it should read,

Try not to be a CANT...just try!

Simple huh.

mcadam05
Club Player

Secret Kiel wrote: Wed 01 Jul 2020 12:05pm
BarryGrogan wrote: Wed 01 Jul 2020 12:25am
Shaggy wrote: Tue 30 Jun 2020 10:34pm
Mike should not quit the podcast. That is extreme.

But the apology was needed given the offence it has caused.
He's quitting cause he can't handle the heat of being held to account about what you say.

He's lost. The same as a lot of old white folk are these days.

They don't get it. And they aren't used to it.

The thing is, he doesn't have to quit anything. He's still allowed his views - but he needs to accept that he'll be challenged on them by people.

That's nothing to drop his bundle over.
Clearly, CLEARLY, this is JBs issue also which is very plain to see from how this thread has played out. Many privileged white folk like JB still don't understand what rasism is or how thier "opinions" are hurtful and harmful and they just don't get that all you have to do is be respectful when someone asks you to stop engaging in hurtful behavior when asked to do so. It's this simple, just try not to be a see you next Tuesday...just try.
So depending on our posts you can determine the colour of our skin wow just wow
I must be f****** your head up then with my nickname and the fact I believe in free speech

Joffa Burns
Saintsational Legend

BarryGrogan wrote: Wed 01 Jul 2020 12:04pm
saynta wrote: Wed 01 Jul 2020 11:05am
It's you that doesn't get it ffs. Sheahan quite because he didn't want to be tarred with the same brush as the other two pricks.

Nothing to do with his age or skin colour. :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll:
Mike has been called out quite a few times for 'backward' views on many things. Particularly in relation to AFLW and whether chicks should be playing footy or not.

He seems perplexed each time and gets really rattled at being taken to account for his views.

This is the same.

He's confused.
Didn't Mike Sheahans daughter play AFLW for Collingwood?
My recollection is she played as a junior (was also tennis?) and then got drafted mature age to Collingwood but did a knee.

Not sure if it is relevant or not in the scheme of things, but I would assume it would be unlikely for him to hold those views in light of his own daughter.

Proudly assuming the title of forum Oracle and serving as the inaugural Saintsational ‘weak as piss brigade’ President.
saynta
Saintsational Legend

BarryGrogan wrote: Wed 01 Jul 2020 12:04pm
saynta wrote: Wed 01 Jul 2020 11:05am
It's you that doesn't get it ffs. Sheahan quite because he didn't want to be tarred with the same brush as the other two pricks.

Nothing to do with his age or skin colour. :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll:
Mike has been called out quite a few times for 'backward' views on many things. Particularly in relation to AFLW and whether chicks should be playing footy or not.

He seems perplexed each time and gets really rattled at being taken to account for his views.

This is the same.

He's confused.
And you are not? Confused that is. :roll: :roll: :roll:

Ghost Like
Saintsational Legend

He's quitting cause he can't handle the heat of being held to account about what you say.

The thing is, he doesn't have to quit anything. He's still allowed his views - but he needs to accept that he'll be challenged on them by people.

Clearly, CLEARLY, this is JBs issue also which is very plain to see from how this thread has played out. Many privileged white folk like JB still don't understand what rasism is or how thier "opinions" are hurtful and harmful and they just don't get that all you have to do is be respectful when someone asks you to stop engaging in hurtful behavior when asked to do so. It's this simple, just try not to be a see you next Tuesday...just try.
I didn't realise JB hurt your feelings so badly S*K* after seeing through your incredibly clever line of questioning which only showed you are in desperate need of new friends and your duplicitous quoting. But to call him a "C" because he didn't bow to what essentially were "look at me" posts by your good self, that's histrionics.

Now you are replying to posts that do not involve him, yet drag his name into it because he dismissed you & question his achievements. Isn't that what the furore of the podcast is about, people questioning someone's achievements?

Secret Kiel
Club Player

mcadam05 wrote: Wed 01 Jul 2020 1:23pm

I must be f****** your head up then with my nickname and the fact I believe in free speech
JB is loud and proud when it comes to his superiority so I haven't guessed any color.

On your misguided free speech belief; if you are invited into someone's house and they have a 'no swearing' policy do you respect that person's policy or do you you tell them your "free speech" policy takes precedence? And turn all potty mouth just to prove you have "free speech"?

Apologies if I've offended you by dumbing this discussion down too far, however in my recent experience people who throw out the get-out-of-jail-free card, aka "free speech" don't understand how simple and proper behavior has been hijacked and politicised. What you really believe is your freedom to offend and hurt others with "free" opinions. It never occurs to people like you that as soon as someone explains to you that you are being hurtful and could you please stop that that should be the end of it. Respect and common decency should kick in instinctively but usually people like you carry on with more determination to protect your freedom to be a <edited by mods>

Secret Kiel
Club Player

Ghost Like wrote: Wed 01 Jul 2020 1:45pm

I didn't realise JB hurt your feelings so badly S*K* after seeing through your incredibly clever line of questioning which only showed you are in desperate need of new friends and your duplicitous quoting. But to call him a "C" because he didn't bow to what essentially were "look at me" posts by your good self, that's histrionics.

Now you are replying to posts that do not involve him, yet drag his name into it because he dismissed you & question his achievements. Isn't that what the furore of the podcast is about, people questioning someone's achievements?
The podcast was about getting publicity. It worked.

saynta
Saintsational Legend

Secret Kiel wrote: Wed 01 Jul 2020 1:51pm
mcadam05 wrote: Wed 01 Jul 2020 1:23pm

JB is loud and proud when it comes to his superiority so I haven't guessed any color.

On your misguided free speech belief; if you are invited into someone's house and they have a 'no swearing' policy do you respect that person's policy or do you you tell them your "free speech" policy takes precedence? And turn all potty mouth just to prove you have "free speech"?

Apologies if I've offended you by dumbing this discussion down too far, however in my recent experience people who throw out the get-out-of-jail-free card, aka "free speech" don't understand how simple and proper behavior has been hijacked and politicised. What you really believe is your freedom to offend and hurt others with "free" opinions. It never occurs to people like you that as soon as someone explains to you that you are being hurtful and could you please stop that that should be the end of it. Respect and common decency should kick in instinctively but usually people like you carry on with more determination to protect your freedom to be a CANT.
You really are insulting aren't you. Only a grub would infer JB was what you are inferring.

The_Dud
Saintsational Legend

“Free speech” is the most overused and misunderstood term flying around these days.

All posters are equal, but some posters are more equal than others.
terry smith rules
SS Hall of Fame

BarryGrogan wrote: Wed 01 Jul 2020 12:04am
mcadam05 wrote: Tue 30 Jun 2020 11:34pm here are the two footy shows from the following day
No one is disputing how it was reprted at the time.

It's irrelevant.

The issue isn't about opinions from the time.

You're missing the entire point.

The issue is that it was suggested that Winmar has been bullshitting about it.

The issue is that the suggestion was that it wasn't an iconic moment at all. The suggestion was that it has all been a hoax - that Winmar has 'dined off it' because it suited his personal agenda to roll with the anti-racism theme even though that's never what it was about at all.

It's grossly offensive to Winmar. It's absolutely defamatory. I don't know how it can construed any other way.

The whole 'come on fellas, it's just an opinion' thing is so far off the mark it's not funny.
Thank you. Exactly

" A few will never give up on you. When you go back out on the field, those are the people I want in your minds. Those are the people I want in your hearts."

— Coach Eric Taylor - Friday Night Lights
Secret Kiel
Club Player

The_Dud wrote: Wed 01 Jul 2020 2:33pm “Free speech” is the most overused and misunderstood term flying around these days.
Totally misunderstood

SaintPav
Saintsational Legend

Secret Kiel wrote: Wed 01 Jul 2020 1:22pm
asiu wrote: Wed 01 Jul 2020 12:43pm that was basically a short story on a tee shirt
about
Buddha ‘n the C word

basically
... don’t be one.
It's why the bible and all of it's sequels are overbloated repositories of whacky ideas and rules. The bible should be one page, and on that page it should read,

Simple huh.
And what, miss out on The Old Testament? It’s a total hoot. Ecclesiastes is the best.

Me thinks you take the good book too literally.

Not being a c u next Tuesday is covered in the Decalogue (VI - X).

Holder of unacceptable views and other thought crimes.
freely
SS Hall of Fame

SaintPav wrote: Wed 01 Jul 2020 10:17am The beginning of wisdom is to call things by their proper name (Confusius).

Histrionics...

:roll:
starting with Confucius?

asiu
Saintsational Legend

i’m all big kev
singing ...

io
io
off to the Oxford Handbook of Biblical Law
i go

oh yea ... those things.

good work that man.

asiu
Saintsational Legend

The whole 'come on fellas, it's just an opinion' thing is so far off the mark it's not funny.
wholeheartedly agree

it’s the modern

... c’mon mate , it’s just business

mcadam05
Club Player

You know what else we enjoy in this country apart from free speech is freedom of choice so if you dont like what Sam Newman says dont listen too him if dont like what Don Scott says dont listen too him , this should never see the light of day in a court room just absolute nonsense

The_Dud
Saintsational Legend

mcadam05 wrote: Wed 01 Jul 2020 5:20pm You know what else we enjoy in this country apart from free speech is freedom of choice so if you dont like what Sam Newman says dont listen too him if dont like what Don Scott says dont listen too him , this should never see the light of day in a court room just absolute nonsense
But we don't have "freedom of speech" in this country.

Like I said earlier, people have no idea what that even means, but continue to use it as reasoning for their actions.

All posters are equal, but some posters are more equal than others.
Secret Kiel
Club Player

SaintPav wrote: Wed 01 Jul 2020 3:19pm
about
Buddha ‘n the C word

basically
... don’t be one.

Simple huh.
And what, miss out on The Old Testament? It’s a total hoot. Ecclesiastes is the best.

Me thinks you take the good book too literally.

I don't read fiction books so I'll have to take your word on that one.

HarryM
Club Player

Simple huh.
Come out and say the real word you weasel and lets see how long it takes to get you a months banning. :D ''

Oh and another racist here, what are ya going do?

Ghost Like
Saintsational Legend

Is there any chance this thread can be locked or moved BfromUSA? I think it's run its race (no pun intended) but we are beginning to circle each other without finding common ground, common sense or simple agreement or basic respect.

I am more than happy to discuss racism but my belief is that it's not black & white (again no pun intended) which is part of what causes so much angst. I can dislike people of different colours, races and religions, including my own but that does not necessarily make it racist, depending on context, experience and "skin" in the game.

Joffa Burns
Saintsational Legend

HarryM wrote: Wed 01 Jul 2020 6:21pm

Simple huh.
Come out and say the real word you weasel and lets see how long it takes to get you a months banning. :D ''

Oh and another racist here, what are ya going do?
I think the Sick Kant is enjoying some well deserved R&R from the forum.

Proudly assuming the title of forum Oracle and serving as the inaugural Saintsational ‘weak as piss brigade’ President.
stevie
Saintsational Legend

I’m happy to read everyone’s opinions but please stop with the long quoting s***!!

asiu
Saintsational Legend

a lot of the boys used to go me
about ‘being so aggressive’ in my posting style
(many moons ago)

i was a little resistant to that charge ,
nearly offended even , INITIALLY

... i thought i was being direct

so ... the point being
... sometimes we see ‘aggression’ where it’s not intended

just saying