Sinclair and Parker

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

asiu
Saintsational Legend

Re: Sinclair and Parker

give him another run ffs

if we are serious about winning this ,
come finals time ... we need mongrel

he’s more ‘weapon’ than fade away

IN

.name the ways , thought manipulates the State of Presence away.

.tipara waranta kani nina-tu.
kosifantutti
Saintsational Legend

I thought Parker was way off the pace. Missed a simple overhead mark at one stage when Marshall managed to protect the space. Would much prefer Battle if available.

Macquarie Dictionary Word of the Year for 2023 "Kosi Lives"
saynta
Saintsational Legend

kosifantutti wrote: Sun 26 Jul 2020 11:10am I thought Parker was way off the pace. Missed a simple overhead mark at one stage when Marshall managed to protect the space. Would much prefer Battle if available.
plus one

Scollop
Saintsational Legend

saintsRrising wrote: Sun 26 Jul 2020 12:43am Sincliar and Hind were both good and earnt their spots. Parker missed a couple of chances to add enough value to his role.

Sincs uses the ball well. First half was excellent when our rucks were not on top as much. Second half quieter, though Gresh did rise in the second half after a quiet first half.
Hind was very good.

Sincs was easily in the best players in that first half.

I’m not sure if Parker has the temperament or the patience to build a career (he has a young family and he may not stick around to play mostly VFL next year). He definitely makes his opponents hear footsteps, but that’s enough to make it at the top level.

saynta
Saintsational Legend

Scollop wrote: Sun 26 Jul 2020 4:54pm
saintsRrising wrote: Sun 26 Jul 2020 12:43am Sincliar and Hind were both good and earnt their spots. Parker missed a couple of chances to add enough value to his role.

Sincs uses the ball well. First half was excellent when our rucks were not on top as much. Second half quieter, though Gresh did rise in the second half after a quiet first half.
Hind was very good.

Sincs was easily in the best players in that first half.

I’m not sure if Parker has the temperament or the patience to build a career (he has a young family and he may not stick around to play mostly VFL next year). He definitely makes his opponents hear footsteps, but that’s enough to make it at the top level.
from saints.com.au

BEST
Port Adelaide: Byrne-Jones, Wines, Ebert, Houston, Ladhams
St Kilda: Ryder, Marshall, Clark, Steele, Membrey, Howard, Jones, Sinclair

Sincs named in best players.

Scollop
Saintsational Legend

Paton was brilliant. What match were they watching? I just checked his stats. Ben had 16 possessions. 6 contested and went at 75% disposal efficiency. Gresh was also very influential. Overall a very even performance by the team

Kudos to our coaches...led by Ratts

saynta
Saintsational Legend

Scollop wrote: Sun 26 Jul 2020 5:09pm Paton was brilliant. What match were they watching? I just checked his stats. Ben had 16 possessions. 6 contested and went at 75% disposal efficiency. Gresh was also very influential. Overall a very even performance by the team

Kudos to our coaches...led by Ratts
Yeah, Paton was very good but so were most of the side. That's why we crapped all over the top side in the end.

vacuous space
SS Life Member

Scollop wrote: Sun 26 Jul 2020 5:09pm Paton was brilliant. What match were they watching? I just checked his stats. Ben had 16 possessions. 6 contested and went at 75% disposal efficiency. Gresh was also very influential.
Also led the team with 8 intercept possessions including 4 intercept marks. Next best were Clark with 6 intercept possessions and Howard with 2 intercept marks.

I'm pretty happy for him to fly under the radar. At this point, I think it's pretty clear the coaches know how good he is.

Yeah nah pleasing positive
St Plugger
Club Player

Laurie wrote: Sat 25 Jul 2020 11:26pm Like Parker in the side has pace and a bit of mongrel in him.
Will only get better .
Absolutely Correct!

[Though different, I like Parker, Battle and Long for their "attitude". ]

stkfc1
Club Player

Ross won't play so Battle comes back in, Hind to HB, Clark midfield and Sincs and Parker get another run.

saintsRrising
Saintsational Legend

stkfc1 wrote: Sun 26 Jul 2020 8:00pm Ross won't play so Battle comes back in, Hind to HB, Clark midfield and Sincs and Parker get another run.
Or they give Bytel a run.

Midfield is the are we are thinnest in and moreso with Hannas and Dunstan both having longterm injuries.

Bytel is one of the very few genuine young mids that we have drafted. We need to try out some extra midfiefd options. You would not want to head into finals, and have an extra injury or two (or just a form slump as with Ross at present) with no Plan B and C's.

With the compressed schedule from Swans game on it is probably a good idea to rotate some players through anyway.

Flying the World in comfort thanks to FF Points....
skeptic
Saintsational Legend

Got nothing against Battle...
Just hard to see where he fits into the structure at the moment. Feel like this was the best balanced team we’ve fielded this season.

Am more inclined to go with a mid. Bytel seems a reasonable choice.

Battle I think replaces King, Membrey, Carlisle, Howard or Wilkie if any of them go out

Sanctorum
Club Player

Battle back in for Parker, he needs to play every game as he has terrific upside as a ruck-rover on the ball, destined imho to become a star in this team....

Sinclair and Hind did enough to play next game, toss up between Lonie/Savage/Phillips/Bytel/Byrnes/Langlands for Ross' spot - more than likely get Hunter Clark into midfield and Shane Savage for attacking defender role that he does really well!

"I am an old man and have known a great many troubles, but most of them never happened."

"Life would be infinitely happier if we could only be born at the age of eighty and gradually approach eighteen."

Mark Twain (1835 - 1910) American writer and humorist