Ryder and parallel universes

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

saynta
Saintsational Legend

Ryder and parallel universes

Junction Oval
SS Life Member

Re: Ryder and parallel universes

A good insight into the background thinking/planning on the best way to use two rucks.

The combined skills of both works well for us, but no doubt there will be "horses for courses" situations.

Paddy at centre ruck bounces seems to work best for us.

Sanctorum
Club Player

I still shake my head and wonder why St Kilda failed to replace Paddy Ryder with Ryan Abbott in the big loss to Geelong on Monday night, and so glad to see him back in the side today.

Really enjoyed reading Adam Skrobalak's perspective on playing two rucks and explaining how difficult this can be - it is a tribute to his coaching that Ryder and Marshall have mastered the tandem roles.

If they can recreate their magic today then the Saints could be in for a big win!

"I am an old man and have known a great many troubles, but most of them never happened."

"Life would be infinitely happier if we could only be born at the age of eighty and gradually approach eighteen."

Mark Twain (1835 - 1910) American writer and humorist
WellardSaint
Saintsational Legend
Location: Perth- the best weather in Oz, but the worst rednecks.

One tiny Easter Egg in the article was the phrase that 'Nathan L-M is working at the Saints'

I went 'wait, What?'

A real Sainter will pledge allegiance to the ❤🤍🖤 and despise the Pies, the Blues, and the Injectors.
Remember one of the 10 Commandments : Thou shalt have no other team before thee
saintspremiers
Saintsational Legend

Skrobo seems to be a genius. You don’t here a bad word about him. Definitely a future senior coach somewhere - I hope he stays with us until at least the end of 2021 before he gets a head coaching role somewhere.

And as for Ryder - I’m a massive fan already. He plays for us as if he’s a 300 game 15 year veteran one club player. Has the passion of Rooey for the Saints.

i am Melbourne Skies - sometimes Blue Skies, Grey Skies, even Partly Cloudy Skies.