imagine how good .....

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

Club Player

imagine how good .....

I noticed an interesting stat this morning- and am even more puzzled given that , like many on here, I moan and throw things when our forward 50 entries seem so haphazard and lacking in skill and vision. What stat? Well , given a few teams are yet to play BUT we are the highest scoring team (points for) currently. Possibly only Port will be higher before the finals begin.
Imagine if we get it right - Max clunks those he should, we learn how to run to create the space for the leading forward, players that can kick push out those that bomb.... Imagine

the invisible and the non existent look very much alike
remboy
SS Hall of Fame

Re: imagine how good .....

Probably a big factor in us having no free to air games at the start of the year to playing our last game on Friday night. This should translate into much bigger sponsorship opportunities next season.

Opinions are like arseholes, everybody's got one.
saintsRrising
Saintsational Legend

6621104 wrote: Sat 19 Sep 2020 11:05am I noticed an interesting stat this morning- and am even more puzzled given that , like many on here, I moan and throw things when our forward 50 entries seem so haphazard and lacking in skill and vision. What stat? Well , given a few teams are yet to play BUT we are the highest scoring team (points for) currently. Possibly only Port will be higher before the finals begin.
Imagine if we get it right - Max clunks those he should, we learn how to run to create the space for the leading forward, players that can kick push out those that bomb.... Imagine

Max in 2 more seasons will be clunking a lot more once he gets stronger including his core strength.

Just compare him now to Marshall. Marshall is a lot stronger and so can hold his position and marks better when under strong body pressure.

Main thing we need to do now is work on his goal kicking accuracy. At present I have about as much confidence in his goal kicking as I had in the young Stewart Loewe. But Buckets turned it around, and so Max will too I hope!

Flying the World in comfort thanks to FF Points....
ace
Saintsational Legend

saintsRrising wrote: Sat 19 Sep 2020 11:38am Main thing we need to do now is work on his goal kicking accuracy. At present I have about as much confidence in his goal kicking as I had in the young Stewart Loewe. But Buckets turned it around, and so Max will too I hope!
He drops the ball from too high and he raises the ball just before release.
Ball drop must be perfectly above the foot or else the player compensates by adjusting the direction of his leg swing to make good contact.
This movement changes the planned direction of the kick.
Note that his kicks are almost perfect except for their direction.

Now go watch some videos of Plugger kicking for goal.
He almost kicks the ball out of his hands.

Note Plugger does not toss the ball end over end or swing the ball from side to side as so many with a swagging run in do.

The more you know, the more you know you don't know.
When I was a young child, I knew that I knew so much about so much.
Now that I am old and know so much more, I know that I know so much about so little, and so little about so much.

If you are not engaging AI actively and aggressively, you are doing it wrong.
You are not going to lose your job to AI.
You are going lose your job to somebody who uses AI.
Your company is not going to go out of business because of AI.
Your company is going to out of business because another company used AI.
- Jensen Huang, CEO of NVIDIA 50:08
bigcarl
Saintsational Legend

saintsRrising wrote: Sat 19 Sep 2020 11:38am Max in 2 more seasons will be clunking a lot more once he gets stronger including his core strength.

Just compare him now to Marshall. Marshall is a lot stronger and so can hold his position and marks better when under strong body pressure.

Main thing we need to do now is work on his goal kicking accuracy. At present I have about as much confidence in his goal kicking as I had in the young Stewart Loewe. But Buckets turned it around, and so Max will too I hope!
Yes, his kicking for goal needs attention.

Technique, focus, composure, confidence. That can all be improved with work.

Scollop
Saintsational Legend

Imagine how good .....

Remember the 80’s?

Remember the Saints Disco?

Can you imagine the business opportunities if we could land the bloke that looks like Jax from Sons of Anarchy?

We’ve got a few good looking hunks with Hunter, RoMa and the Man of Steele .....

Harry Himmelberg is available ( Jax ). That’s probably an extra 5,000 memberships ..... plus

He can be the headline drawcard...let’s bring back the Saints Disco

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Leo.J
SS Life Member

Hannebery is pretty important for our fwd50 entries. He makes really good decisions with footy in hand. He almost always lowers his eyes first before bombing. Soon as you have more variety when entering fwd50 you are harder to defend against.

Geelong played us well, they had sweepers between our key forwards and goal, which made it a lot harder for our smalls to crumb. And they pressured us to bomb it. Which played into their hands, with their tall intercept defenders. Most of the good teams left will try to do this to us. That is why we really need to lower our eyes.

Lowering your eyes and hitting the 35-40m targets mean that those sweepers will eventually have to move out and be accountable for a man. So if you keep the opposition guessing you’ll have more options.

Hannebery is able to hit targets under immense pressure, so can Clarke, the rest of our mids are usually better suited to the bomb under pressure.

Roughy on the bench is great too for instant feed back. I reckon we’ve really missed Hannas and Roughies leadership.

I’m hoping last night is a sign of the future, what we’re going to present going forward. Not a one off. Because we will be a hard team to play against if we go in to our fwd50 like we did last night.

Munga
Saintsational Legend

More goals means more ads, TV will love us... and one would think more sponsors jumping on board.

Gehrig emerged from scans yesterday saying he was "as sweet as a bun"
saynta
Saintsational Legend

saintsRrising wrote: Sat 19 Sep 2020 11:38am
6621104 wrote: Sat 19 Sep 2020 11:05am I noticed an interesting stat this morning- and am even more puzzled given that , like many on here, I moan and throw things when our forward 50 entries seem so haphazard and lacking in skill and vision. What stat? Well , given a few teams are yet to play BUT we are the highest scoring team (points for) currently. Possibly only Port will be higher before the finals begin.

Max in 2 more seasons will be clunking a lot more once he gets stronger including his core strength.

7 misses in a row in last two games before he snagged one.