Keys to beating the dogs

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

Club Player

Re: Keys to beating the dogs

if we don't blank Caleb Daniels our coaches have not been paying attention.

the invisible and the non existent look very much alike
bangaulegend
SS Hall of Fame

Pressure on the ball carrier. IMO their mid field is stronger than ours but if we can nullify their centre clearance we can stretch them up forward . Quick movement into our forward line will give King & Membrey a decent chance to mark or bring the ball to ground for our small forwards. In general bring a high pressure game don't give them space play the run & gun game . We will have a decent break players will be refreshed & we can definitely beat them if we keep the pressure up for 4 quarters I'm quietly confident which is very strange for me

Toy Saint
SS Hall of Fame

We should win the ruck contest, but need to ensure we get the clearance. Their mids are good especially Bont and Macrae. I'd love to have Dunstan back, and probably ask Seb Ross to tag Macrae.

beebarry
Club Player

Paddy Ryder is a key to this game. Not just in the ruck where he should dominate anyway, but around the ground and up forward. I have loved his growing levels of controlled aggression this year. He is bursting to do well in a final and obviously knows that he is in the last few years of his career (probably) and its all or nothing. I want to see RoMa model a bit of this aggression too. Nothing silly or dirty. But when opposition is there to be tackled or bumped or spoiled - really make it count.

Whilst the team is more evenly balanced than its been in 10 years, and 1 player isn't the be all and end all for the outcome, Ryder can really stamp himself on this game and use his experience and smarts to do EXACTLY what we recruited him for.

Bring this sh1t on Saints .....time to get really hard .....

Ape_Man
Club Player

beebarry wrote: Sat 26 Sep 2020 11:27pm Paddy Ryder is a key to this game.
I am 100% with you on Ryder.

I truly believe he is the most important player for us in this final series.

His ruck work can be sublime, and that can not only bring our midfield into the game it can take away any opposition midfield advantage.

Now, he is no Longer. He can't possibly do that blocking and team building positioning that made Longer the best ruckman we have had in years. But he can go close and really make positive outcomes to our ruck contests a reality.

Jacks Back
Saintsational Legend

You shouldn't beat dogs with keys or anything else for that matter. But it would be good to win against them. :wink:

As ex-president Peter Summers said:
“If we are going to be a contender, we may as well plan to win the bloody thing.”

St Kilda - At least we have a Crest!
Scollop
Saintsational Legend

If Ben Long catapults into a few of them around the centre of the ground...(namely the Bont or Libba or McCrea) and connects with their upper body (namely their jaw, temple or eye socket) we might get a slight advantage

And for all the softXXXXX this is a final!

ace
Saintsational Legend

If you need a key to beat the Dogs or any lock try a "bump key".
Works every time and very simple.
Locksmiths know about them but would prefer to spend 10 minutes trying to pick your lock, deliberately failing, then exclaim, I will have to drill the lock and sell you a replacement.
The police know about them and so do any self respecting burglar.
Hollywood prefer the glamour of picking.
Now to deal with that alarm.

The more you know, the more you know you don't know.
When I was a young child, I knew that I knew so much about so much.
Now that I am old and know so much more, I know that I know so much about so little, and so little about so much.

If you are not engaging AI actively and aggressively, you are doing it wrong.
You are not going to lose your job to AI.
You are going lose your job to somebody who uses AI.
Your company is not going to go out of business because of AI.
Your company is going to out of business because another company used AI.
- Jensen Huang, CEO of NVIDIA 50:08
Club Player

6621104 wrote: Thu 24 Sep 2020 10:07pm if we don't blank Caleb Daniels our coaches have not been paying attention.
Why would any coach play a hobbit at half back? Because that hobbit is the best positional kick in the league, on both sides. The closest to a Sam Mitchell since , ?.. Sam Mitchell.
If we give the dogs space to run we'll be in trouble. Daniel is too often the player who creates the space, or gets them out of trouble. Tagging a hobbit - who would have thought?

the invisible and the non existent look very much alike