Changes for the Elimination Final

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

asiu
Saintsational Legend

Re: Changes for the Elimination Final

SaintPelican66 wrote: Mon 28 Sep 2020 11:17pm Could you guys stop this crap ffs. How about the mods do some banning ffs!!!! This sort of crap reminds me of City West who terrorised bigfooty for years until they perma banned him/her/it.
the only thing ‘terrorised’ by citywest
is his own right hand

.name the ways , thought manipulates the State of Presence away.

.tipara waranta kani nina-tu.
st.byron
Saintsational Legend

SaintPelican66 wrote: Mon 28 Sep 2020 11:17pm Could you guys stop this crap ffs. How about the mods do some banning ffs!!!! This sort of crap reminds me of City West who terrorised bigfooty for years until they perma banned him/her/it.
Report posts if you want the mods to take action. Don’t moan about it without taking a stand yourself.

johnearljames
Club Player

So who is and out in regards to the first final?

Want to watch the most boring and devious thing on television and probably in mankind's history, then tune into a daily live press conference at 11am.
Gershwin
Club Player

Kent for Jones. Must play 2 talls in backline.

summertime and the living is easy ........
SaintPelican66
Club Player

st.byron wrote: Tue 29 Sep 2020 9:46am
Report posts if you want the mods to take action. Don’t moan about it without taking a stand yourself.
I did.

stkfc1
Club Player

If Battle is out then it will probably only be Jones in but do we roll the dice and bring in another tall? It would be a massive risk in a final to bring a new player.

Vortex
Saintsational Legend

stkfc1 wrote: Tue 29 Sep 2020 1:48pm If Battle is out then it will probably only be Jones in but do we roll the dice and bring in another tall? It would be a massive risk in a final to bring a new player.
Dare I say it the only tall with a little bit of match conditioning is Marsh.

spert
Saintsational Legend

I'm almost tempted to say we should bring Parker in- I know, he hasn't set the world on fire recently, but he is good defensively in the forward line- did just that against the Swans, could slot a couple, and could just be the type of player who might catch the Dogs out.

twirlyhair
Club Player

Vortex wrote: Sun 27 Sep 2020 8:40am
Sanctorum wrote: Sat 26 Sep 2020 3:24pm
Scollop wrote: Sat 26 Sep 2020 5:45am
CQ SAINT wrote: Fri 25 Sep 2020 2:48pm
Scollop wrote: Fri 25 Sep 2020 2:02pm
Joffa Burns wrote: Thu 24 Sep 2020 8:33pm
Vortex wrote: Tue 22 Sep 2020 7:13am This is the thing we need to get our head around, we fell into the finals with 10 wins and 7 losses in a much shorter season. If this was full strength competition we would be 2 or 3 games short of securing a finals berth
Now I'm no Stephen Hawking, but 10 wins from 17 matches is around a 59% winning ratio when extrapolated to 22 matches that % gives us 13 wins, the number of wins that gets you 6th or 7th place every year.
Vortex is right. There’s enough evidence to suggest that we were fortunate to have won so many games. Had the umpires not assisted us in a handful of games at crucial moments and had the opposition not had such bad timing with injuries we may not have even won all those 10. In fact when you look at the way Freo and North beat us after we were over 6 goals up against them, I’m surprised it didn’t happen more often. We were lucky we didn’t win the wooden spoon
Of course, those same factors apply to the team's below us too.
Looking at the last five games on form and opposition played, the Bulldogs are in good form. We test that next week. Collingwood and Melbourne are about a 50/50 chance with a poorer record across the year against quality opposition and it falls away steeply from there.
So either poor theory, bias or trolling are far more likely the motivation of the above statement, rather than insight or intellect. Go figure.
Vortex was baiting/trolling/or being half serious so I was just making equally ridiculous comments.

I think our systems/coaching/talent/leadership and or best football is worthy of where we finished
Scollop, it's quite obvious that Vortex most recently masqueraded as Secret Kiel, I notice in a recent post that he/she made a disparaging reference again to the Asterisk Cup, a dead give away, why anyone would bother engaging in discussions on any topic with Vortex beats me...
Disparaging? It's what nearly everyone in the Country calls it, that or the COVID Cup. Just because people don't align with how you want to view the world doesn't mean you should promote hatred towards them. I don't know why people of your generation feel the the need to recruit hatred towards others just because they don't fit into your neat picture of how the world should be.
Haha! Popped in here for the first time in a couple of years and I see that SS hasn't changed. Grow up people. Popping out again now. lol.

Vortex
Saintsational Legend

skeptic wrote: Mon 28 Sep 2020 9:42pm Notice that a week to 10 days ago this forum was just footy talk... different thoughts and ideas posted and discussed on their merits.

It was just nice here

A few noted trouble makers lift their and this place is a shambles again...
Thread after thread of you’re not a true supporter, you don’t know more than the club, that ideas stupid don’t post it

What a bore
It's really annoying when you keep bringing up all this footy talk.

johnearljames
Club Player

Gershwin wrote: Tue 29 Sep 2020 10:12am Kent for Jones. Must play 2 talls in backline.
Battle might not get up.

Want to watch the most boring and devious thing on television and probably in mankind's history, then tune into a daily live press conference at 11am.
Gershwin
Club Player

johnearljames wrote: Tue 29 Sep 2020 3:25pm
Gershwin wrote: Tue 29 Sep 2020 10:12am Kent for Jones. Must play 2 talls in backline.
Battle might not get up.
I was thinking Howard and Carlisle. Don’t want to see Carlisle dropped. If Battle doesn’t get up then just Jones in for Battle.

summertime and the living is easy ........
Ghost Like
Saintsational Legend

Gershwin wrote: Tue 29 Sep 2020 6:20pm
johnearljames wrote: Tue 29 Sep 2020 3:25pm
Battle might not get up.
I was thinking Howard and Carlisle. Don’t want to see Carlisle dropped. If Battle doesn’t get up then just Jones in for Battle.
I'd go with Marsh for Battle (if injured) & Jones for Kent. The Bulldogs have the better mid brigade, allegedly but we have the better running talls. I think it would be folly to give up that advantage.

Ghost Like
Saintsational Legend

twirlyhair wrote: Tue 29 Sep 2020 2:22pm
Vortex wrote: Tue 22 Sep 2020 7:13am This is the thing we need to get our head around, we fell into the finals with 10 wins and 7 losses in a much shorter season. If this was full strength competition we would be 2 or 3 games short of securing a finals berth
Now I'm no Stephen Hawking, but 10 wins from 17 matches is around a 59% winning ratio when extrapolated to 22 matches that % gives us 13 wins, the number of wins that gets you 6th or 7th place every year.
Vortex is right. There’s enough evidence to suggest that we were fortunate to have won so many games. Had the umpires not assisted us in a handful of games at crucial moments and had the opposition not had such bad timing with injuries we may not have even won all those 10. In fact when you look at the way Freo and North beat us after we were over 6 goals up against them, I’m surprised it didn’t happen more often. We were lucky we didn’t win the wooden spoon
Looking at the last five games on form and opposition played, the Bulldogs are in good form. We test that next week. Collingwood and Melbourne are about a 50/50 chance with a poorer record across the year against quality opposition and it falls away steeply from there.
So either poor theory, bias or trolling are far more likely the motivation of the above statement, rather than insight or intellect. Go figure.
Vortex was baiting/trolling/or being half serious so I was just making equally ridiculous comments.

I think our systems/coaching/talent/leadership and or best football is worthy of where we finished
Scollop, it's quite obvious that Vortex most recently masqueraded as Secret Kiel, I notice in a recent post that he/she made a disparaging reference again to the Asterisk Cup, a dead give away, why anyone would bother engaging in discussions on any topic with Vortex beats me...
Disparaging? It's what nearly everyone in the Country calls it, that or the COVID Cup. Just because people don't align with how you want to view the world doesn't mean you should promote hatred towards them. I don't know why people of your generation feel the the need to recruit hatred towards others just because they don't fit into your neat picture of how the world should be.
Haha! Popped in here for the first time in a couple of years and I see that SS hasn't changed. Grow up people. Popping out again now. lol.
Quality post, no wonder no one noticed you'd disappeared.

saynta
Saintsational Legend

Ghost Like wrote: Tue 29 Sep 2020 7:39pm

Actually can't ever recall that poster, much less anything he has ever posted. Under that nick at least.

🤔🤔😬😴

saintbob
SS Life Member

Jones for Lonie and Webster for Battle

Joffa Burns
Saintsational Legend

saynta wrote: Tue 29 Sep 2020 7:48pm

Actually can't ever recall that poster, much less anything he has ever posted. Under that nick at least.

🤔🤔😬😴
The poster knows their stuff.
The poster started this thread in 2008 :lol:

viewtopic.php?f=1&t=42461#p562045

Proudly assuming the title of forum Oracle and serving as the inaugural Saintsational ‘weak as piss brigade’ President.
saynta
Saintsational Legend

Joffa Burns wrote: Tue 29 Sep 2020 10:03pm
saynta wrote: Tue 29 Sep 2020 7:48pm

🤔🤔😬😴
The poster knows their stuff.
The poster started this thread in 2008 :lol:

viewtopic.php?f=1&t=42461#p562045
A post taken from that thread which says it all really.

Players recruited from AFL clubs under Lyon

Shane Birss
Michael Gardiner
Matthew Ferguson
Matthew Clarke
James Wall (r)
Jayden Attard (r)
Adam Schneider
Sean Dempster
Steven King
Charlie Gardiner
Fraser Gehrig
Andrew McQualter (r)

fugazi
Saintsational Legend

G-Train?

Nee!
saynta
Saintsational Legend

fugazi wrote: Wed 30 Sep 2020 11:18amG-Train?
From memory, and I could be wrong, didn't the g train retire and then come back?

SaintPav
Saintsational Legend

saynta wrote: Wed 30 Sep 2020 11:21am
From memory, and I could be wrong, didn't the g train retire and then come back?
Yes.

The club erred by redraftIng him as he was cooked.

They should have used the pick on Michael Barlow who was training with us at the time.

Holder of unacceptable views and other thought crimes.
st.byron
Saintsational Legend

Nothing like a bit of condescending ‘hit and run’ to make one feel better about oneself. Me thinks growing up is also required for he who just popped in.

Saintmatt
SS Life Member

Is there a way that the Mods can delete the last few pages of this thread? It's just utter bullsh!t that this clogs up the feed. It's certainly no longer got nothing to anything at all to do with a discussion on the possible Ins/Outs for Saturday.

Go you red, black & white warriors
saynta
Saintsational Legend

SaintPav wrote: Wed 30 Sep 2020 11:36am
saynta wrote: Wed 30 Sep 2020 11:21am
Yes.

The club erred by redraftIng him as he was cooked.

They should have used the pick on Michael Barlow who was training with us at the time.
Yep. I remember that now. Smack in the eye for Barlow , who went on go play some good footy elsewhere.

SaintPelican66
Club Player

Now that Battle has been ruled out I fear that we are no chance. Battle kept his defender last week to no interceot marks in our F50. This is the one stat that has killed us this year and unfortunately we lose this with Battle being injured. Oh well, it's been a good season but the end is nigh.