Umpires

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

CURLY
Saintsational Legend

Re: Umpires

6-1 forward 50 frees in a game we win.

NO IFS OR BUTS HARVS IS KING OF THE AFL
SaintPav
Saintsational Legend

WellardSaint wrote: Sun 04 Oct 2020 12:46pm
saintkev wrote: Sun 04 Oct 2020 11:08am
SaintPav wrote: Sat 03 Oct 2020 11:26pm Even in the last 20 seconds the umpires were just atrocious.

Soft free to Keath against Max. Totally ridiculous and soft. I think from the same prick too.
What goes around, comes around. The Eagles are a bunch of in your face whingers. Their supporters sook even when they get the rub of decisions. It’ll be bliss as a West Aussie Saints supporter this week! 😁🍻
My boss is one of those 'head up a##e' WCE supporters with no brain...I'm gonna give it to her all week :-)
Is that really wise!

Holder of unacceptable views and other thought crimes.
saynta
Saintsational Legend

kosifantutti wrote: Sun 04 Oct 2020 12:38pm
Sainter_Dad wrote: Sun 04 Oct 2020 10:03am
Leo.J wrote: Sat 03 Oct 2020 10:09pm The Dogs were playing for frees. They were pulling the defenders arms down when they Saint defenders were spoiling drawing the too high free. It worked 3 times. They also pin the arm of the tackler drawing the holding the man. They sucked umps in time after time.

The umps need to be better...something official needs to said. Its as bad as staging, nearly won them the game.
This!

As well as that little muppet Wallis always launches himself forward at the very slightest touch - I watched for it - because he did the same several times the first time we played this year!

The last image you can see how close the Ump is - but still does not call it as play on.

Just to be clear. This is two seperate incidents. The free against Wilkie in the first and against Howard in the second. I’m sure there was a third one.
And someone is going to come on this thread and claim that the maggots don't cheat. :roll: :roll:

Well they did last night.

frees 15 to 7 or there abouts and 6 frees to 1 in the forward 50, leading to 4 or 5 goals from free kicks,

Tried to f*** us they did. :evil: :evil: :evil:

SaintPav
Saintsational Legend

saynta wrote: Sun 04 Oct 2020 3:13pm
Leo.J wrote: Sat 03 Oct 2020 10:09pm The Dogs were playing for frees. They were pulling the defenders arms down when they Saint defenders were spoiling drawing the too high free. It worked 3 times. They also pin the arm of the tackler drawing the holding the man. They sucked umps in time after time.

The umps need to be better...something official needs to said. Its as bad as staging, nearly won them the game.
This!

As well as that little muppet Wallis always launches himself forward at the very slightest touch - I watched for it - because he did the same several times the first time we played this year!

The last image you can see how close the Ump is - but still does not call it as play on.

Just to be clear. This is two seperate incidents. The free against Wilkie in the first and against Howard in the second. I’m sure there was a third one.
And someone is going to come on this thread and claim that the maggots don't cheat. :roll: :roll:

frees 15 to 7 or there abouts and 6 frees to 1 in the forward 50, leading to 4 or 5 goals from free kicks,

Oh, they were real turds...

:twisted: :twisted: :twisted:

Holder of unacceptable views and other thought crimes.
samuraisaint
Saintsational Legend

To be fair I do think the commentary in the press conferences by the Dogs' coach in the week of the lead up to the match was not about our physicality at all. I believe it was about trying to put pressure on the umpires to pay frees to them as St Kilda obviously don't play within the spirit of the game. It was certainly effective too. I was not surprised at all that they received the rub of the green yesterday. That was their strategy all along.

Your friendly neighbourhood samurai.
saynta
Saintsational Legend

samuraisaint wrote: Sun 04 Oct 2020 3:30pm To be fair I do think the commentary in the press conferences by the Dogs' coach in the week of the lead up to the match was not about our physicality at all. I believe it was about trying to put pressure on the umpires to pay frees to them as St Kilda obviously don't play within the spirit of the game. It was certainly effective too. I was not surprised at all that they received the rub of the green yesterday. That was their strategy all along.
Fair comment and has a tinge of truth about it.

Maybe they were influenced

Maybe they cheated

Maybe they had put their wages on the dogs.

Outcome still the same. they nearly f***ed us up for good this year.

But, we were good enough to overcome and win. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

older saint
SS Life Member

I just think they were rubbish
Sevic never gives us an even run - he is crap

As much as Chamberlin is a look at me umpire he at least understands the game and things like what Wallis did 3 times grabbing the arm, and the WB were great at the dive forward , yet for some reason late in the game Bont tacked the same, landed on our guys back and was play on. Caught up in the momentum. Thank goodness they saw the high tackle on Coffield - must have thought Bruce still played for us ,

fugazi
Saintsational Legend

22 points up with 6:30 to play before the Lachie Hunter goal to reply to Gearys goal.

Very dodgy calls from there from Umps, but also we went into our shells and started to worry about the outcome more than attacking the footy.

Nee!
saynta
Saintsational Legend

older saint wrote: Sun 04 Oct 2020 3:54pm I just think they were rubbish
Sevic never gives us an even run - he is crap

As much as Chamberlin is a look at me umpire he at least understands the game and things like what Wallis did 3 times grabbing the arm, and the WB were great at the dive forward , yet for some reason late in the game Bont tacked the same, landed on our guys back and was play on. Caught up in the momentum. Thank goodness they saw the high tackle on Coffield - must have thought Bruce still played for us ,
"must have thought Bruce still played for us ,"......comment made my day.

SuperDuper
Club Player

Sainter_Dad wrote: Sat 03 Oct 2020 8:47pm
happy feet wrote: Sat 03 Oct 2020 8:45pm
Impatient Sainter wrote: Sat 03 Oct 2020 8:43pm Disgraceful umpiring, but the Dogs as a group play way to milk frees.
Yes, are they coached to milk frees?
Wallis is - probably has been since he was a pint sized junior - dives forward if he feels even the slightest touch in his back - too natural to not be well rehearsed.
Yes Wallis played for free kicks all night and got a few shots at goal. In fact, I think nearly all his possessions came that way. The umps should be on to him. He clearly dived forward fo one in the back free, pulled down on spoiling arms to make them go over his shoulder to get another couple frees.

lost all respect for him as a player last night.

I wonder why crowds are not booing him like they did to Adam Goodes? Wasn´t that because Goodes staged for free kicks? Oh, I get it,
Last edited by SuperDuper on Sun 04 Oct 2020 6:17pm, edited 1 time in total.

SuperDuper
Club Player

saynta wrote: Sun 04 Oct 2020 3:13pm

This!

someone also needs to call out Beverage on this staging for free kicks. It is a blight on the game and he needs to be held responsible. He seems to think any advantage should be grabbed. Just No.

CURLY
Saintsational Legend

I loved the write up in the Herald Sun.

But thanks to Membrey Marshall and a free kick to Coffield they held on.

NO IFS OR BUTS HARVS IS KING OF THE AFL