AFL Endorsed Cheating

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

Linton Street Saint
Club Player

AFL Endorsed Cheating

There you go ladies and gents forget if you will that Lynch and Cotchin are dogs and I wouldn't spit on them if they were on fire.

Now you have it straight from the horses mouth.

https://www.news.com.au/sport/afl/afl-s ... e2648bb1f0

CarlTaughtMeEnglish
Club Player

Re: AFL Endorsed Cheating

We should have kicked straight and a midfield was shown up but after mentioning the goal review to my a Tiger brother in law challenged me to find the other 26 points... Image
Block 6Image
Held 6
50 meters 5
100m instead of 50m 5
High contact - 6
50m 5
Inconclusive?

footynut
Club Player

It would be great is the club had the balls forwarded that type of information to the afl & media demanding them to explain and publicly apologises (happy if that apology comes in the for of cash settlement or draft picks.... but that would never happen.

kosifantutti
Saintsational Legend

Pickett obviously in the contest before dragging Geary to the ground.

Lead up to Richmond’s second goal. Wilkie obviously has the ball.

Macquarie Dictionary Word of the Year for 2023 "Kosi Lives"
CURLY
Saintsational Legend

With 14 minutes to go Ross kicked a goal to put us 17 points down. If the AFL weren’t complete cheats and umpires didn’t ignore blatant infringements our way we would have lead by a point. Three clear goals taken off us that most clubs would have received.

Billing’s free kick Cotchin then wrench’s Jones head off clear 50 ignored. Billing’s would have been taking a shot from the goal line.

Richmond kicks it out on the full in our pocket. Dean Kent is standing there a Richmond player barrrls into his back again a clear 50 ignored. A kick from the goal line denied.

Sinclair goal denied god only knows how or why.

All up 3 goals taken from us.

NO IFS OR BUTS HARVS IS KING OF THE AFL
SaintPav
Saintsational Legend

How no umpire didn’t pick up when Kent was thrown to the ground is beyond me. Kick should have been taken to the goal square.

How whistle happy were they in the last quarter last week?

Just incredible.

Holder of unacceptable views and other thought crimes.
Yorkeys
Saintsational Legend

Appreciate an explanation about why Ben gets a week but Lynch can split Patton's head open with an elbow in an unrealistic marking action (he just wanted to crash the pack was never going to get to the fall of the ball). Are heads sacrosanct or not. Did the officials not see the blood and effect of Lynch's reckless act, I am biased to Saints and so have tried to calm down and really see the difference in principle but can't. Seems a false pass is given to big thugs coming from behind with a choice not to make head high contact but who follow through in fake attempts to mark. Really the talk about head injuries concern by the AFL is mealy mouthed lip service. Probably just too naive to think it would ever be otherwise.

happy feet
Club Player

The AFL want a Collingwood v Richmond grand final.

Rugby League would have to be the stupidest, most moronic and over rated game of all time.
Josh Battle
Club Player

happy feet wrote: Sat 10 Oct 2020 2:04pm The AFL want a Collingwood v Richmond grand final.
That’s interesting to ponder. Is it the AFL who want it or Channel 7?

Do Channel 7 have an influence on the integrity of the competition because they want to maximise audiences?

Did you notice how quiet Brucey and all the 7 commentators were when they saw the replay of Lynch elbowing Paton in the head?

So what you said makes sense. If 7 get their wish, it’s also good for AFL profits and the next broadcast deal

saynta
Saintsational Legend

Josh Battle wrote: Sat 10 Oct 2020 2:50pm
happy feet wrote: Sat 10 Oct 2020 2:04pm The AFL want a Collingwood v Richmond grand final.
That’s interesting to ponder. Is it the AFL who want it or Channel 7?

Do Channel 7 have an influence on the integrity of the competition because they want to maximise audiences?

Did you notice how quiet Brucey and all the 7 commentators were when they saw the replay of Lynch elbowing Paton in the head?

So what you said makes sense. If 7 get their wish, it’s also good for AFL profits and the next broadcast deal
AFL could be out of luck then.

I'M tipping a Port Brisbane Grannie.

After all they were the best two teams all year

saynta
Saintsational Legend

Two sets of rules.

Ones that only apply to the saints
The other set for the "big " clubs.
And don't try to convince me otherwise.
I have been watching the saints for over 70 years.

I
Last edited by saynta on Sat 10 Oct 2020 5:01pm, edited 1 time in total.

shanegrambeau
Saintsational Legend

Yep...I think we are a ‘Wekfare Side’ and as such, in return for being on the drip, it is expected that we don’t make a stink about, a) shitty Sunday Arvo/twilight fixtures, b) unfavorable deals, c) shitty tribunal decisions (Hall’s love tap), d) crappy stadium deals and e) on-field indiscretions? - that is a case of bad luck!

The AFL has a fairey tale...we all do....and in that fairey tale, St Kilda are “alsorans”.

Expansion clubs are treated like precious children at our expense. Powerhouse clubs are forgiven for venting their frustrations.

Witness the distress about Carlton and Essendons woes, as powerhouse clubs. The North Melbourne’s, Fitzroys, St Kildas and Bulldogs of the world can speak when being spoken too.

In 2016, the Fairey Tale helped the bullies, but they have been nearly destroyed, merged etc. before.

You're quite brilliant Shane, yeah..terrific!