The missing 50 penalty rule

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

CURLY
Saintsational Legend

The missing 50 penalty rule

Did this rule get taken off the table mid week?

Billings free 45 out umpire had blown his whistle then Cotchin came in late smashed Jones high. Umpire right there no 50.

Balta kicks it out on the full in our forward pocket. Marsh is lining up and Balta just charges into Kents back decking him. Umpire right there no 50.

Lynch throws Howard to the ground after Marshall marks umpire finally awards 50 but then allows Lynch to knee Howard in the head. Again no 50

Why did AFL umpire ignore blatant 50 meter penalties costing StKilda 3 goals.

NO IFS OR BUTS HARVS IS KING OF THE AFL
johnearljames
Club Player

Re: The missing 50 penalty rule

Because they are f****** useless. There were 3 x blatant 50m penalties. Even the Comrade couldn’t weasel his way out to those ones.

Want to watch the most boring and devious thing on television and probably in mankind's history, then tune into a daily live press conference at 11am.
The_Dud
Saintsational Legend

I think the bigger question is, why did the umpires give us multiple shots at goal from free kicks and 50m penalties when they know there's an AFL backed conspiracy against us?!?

Heads will roll!

All posters are equal, but some posters are more equal than others.
CURLY
Saintsational Legend

The_Dud wrote: Mon 12 Oct 2020 1:32pm I think the bigger question is, why did the umpires give us multiple shots at goal from free kicks and 50m penalties when they know there's an AFL backed conspiracy against us?!?

Heads will roll!

Tell us when this occurred please. I suggest your lying.

johnearljames
Club Player

CURLY wrote: Mon 12 Oct 2020 1:35pm
The_Dud wrote: Mon 12 Oct 2020 1:32pm I think the bigger question is, why did the umpires give us multiple shots at goal from free kicks and 50m penalties when they know there's an AFL backed conspiracy against us?!?

Heads will roll!

He lies like his hero The Comrade. What did you expect?

Want to watch the most boring and devious thing on television and probably in mankind's history, then tune into a daily live press conference at 11am.
The_Dud
Saintsational Legend

Heads will roll!

For someone who apparently pays so much attention to the game and umpiring (to the point where on your couch at home you know what's happening better than people 2 meters away), you seem to miss a lot.

Off the top of my head, Steele's goal from a deliberate out of bounds call, and Marshall's missed shot from a 50m penalty.

Then there's Battles shot at goal which came from another deliberate OOB call on the wing, Marsh's from an out on the full, Butler's goal kicked 'before' the siren (no review?)

Worst conspiracy ever!

CURLY
Saintsational Legend

The_Dud wrote: Mon 12 Oct 2020 1:40pm

Heads will roll!

For someone who apparently pays so much attention to the game and umpiring (to the point where on your couch at home you know what's happening better than people 2 meters away), you seem to miss a lot.

Off the top of my head, Steele's goal from a deliberate out of bounds call, and Marshall's missed shot from a 50m penalty.

Then there's Battles shot at goal which came from another deliberate OOB call on the wing, Marsh's from an out on the full, Butler's goal kicked 'before' the siren (no review?)

Worst conspiracy ever!

Steele on the boundary yep. Marsh shot from a on the full hard to argue other wise when the ball lands in the stands. The umpire just chose to ignore Kent getting decked by Balta. Clear goal DENIED BY UMPIRE CHEATING. Marshall took a mark then Lynch decked Howard.

Battle took a contested mark please try and get it right.

The_Dud
Saintsational Legend

CURLY wrote: Mon 12 Oct 2020 1:45pm

Heads will roll!

Worst conspiracy ever!

Steele on the boundary yep. Marsh shot from a on the full hard to argue other wise when the ball lands in the stands. The umpire just chose to ignore Kent getting decked by Balta. Clear goal DENIED BY UMPIRE CHEATING. Marshall took a mark then Lynch decked Howard.

And how did he end up getting that mark?

Maybe you need to start another umpiring thread about it?

CURLY
Saintsational Legend

The_Dud wrote: Mon 12 Oct 2020 1:51pm

Heads will roll!

Worst conspiracy ever!

A free kick 120 meters from goal that Battle still had to out mark 3 defenders. gee thanks.

By the way nice diversion from the thread topic. Is that because you can't answer why umpires ignored such blatant 50 meters our way.

The_Dud
Saintsational Legend

CURLY wrote: Mon 12 Oct 2020 1:54pm

Heads will roll!

Worst conspiracy ever!

A free kick 120 meters from goal that Battle still had to out mark 3 defenders. gee thanks.

By the way nice diversion from the thread topic. Is that because you can't answer why umpires ignored such blatant 50 meters our way.
The Cotchin one happened almost instantaneously to another player, no 50.

Didn't see or hear anything about the Kent one.

Umpires already did pay a 50 against Lynch, did they see the knee? You know they don't have slow mo replays out on the field?

Are you going to answer why the umps would give us multiple shots at goal if they're instructed to cheat against us?

CURLY
Saintsational Legend

The_Dud wrote: Mon 12 Oct 2020 1:57pm

Heads will roll!

Worst conspiracy ever!

Umpires already did pay a 50 against Lynch, did they see the knee? You know they don't have slow mo replays out on the field?

Are you going to answer why the umps would give us multiple shots at goal if they're instructed to cheat against us?

They gave us one not multiple.

So after a free it's open slather on anyone in the area. Nice to know :shock:

saynta
Saintsational Legend

CURLY wrote: Mon 12 Oct 2020 1:59pm

Heads will roll!

Worst conspiracy ever!

:lol: :wink:

johnearljames
Club Player

saynta wrote: Mon 12 Oct 2020 2:05pm

Heads will roll!

Worst conspiracy ever!

:lol: :wink:
:lol: :P

SaintPav
Saintsational Legend

Heads will roll!

Worst conspiracy ever!

So you don’t think that Marsh or who ever it was should have been given a 50 after Kent was thrown to the ground?

Holder of unacceptable views and other thought crimes.
The_Dud
Saintsational Legend

SaintPav wrote: Mon 12 Oct 2020 2:20pm

Heads will roll!

Worst conspiracy ever!

So you don’t think that Marsh or who ever it was should have been given a 50 after Kent was thrown to the ground?
As I said above, didn't see the incident so I can't comment.

The_Dud
Saintsational Legend

Heads will roll!

Worst conspiracy ever!

Hey, how can I argue with someone who claims a yellow blur is definitive, and that one plus one doesn't equal two!?

It's comical :lol:

CURLY
Saintsational Legend

The_Dud wrote: Mon 12 Oct 2020 3:05pm

Heads will roll!

Worst conspiracy ever!

Hey, how can I argue with someone who claims a yellow blur is definitive, and that one plus one doesn't equal two!?

Are you Dan Andrews? Your deflections are amazing.

kosifantutti
Saintsational Legend

The_Dud wrote: Mon 12 Oct 2020 3:03pm

Heads will roll!

Worst conspiracy ever!

Fair enough.

It was very difficult to spot.

Macquarie Dictionary Word of the Year for 2023 "Kosi Lives"
CURLY
Saintsational Legend

Amazing that your actually allowed to do this now.

SaintPav
Saintsational Legend

Heads will roll!

Worst conspiracy ever!

If you didn’t see it, you didn’t see it but a bit of faith in your fellow Saints fans would be nice.

The kick should have been brought to the top of the goal square which would have made it a certain goal.

Holder of unacceptable views and other thought crimes.
The_Dud
Saintsational Legend

SaintPav wrote: Mon 12 Oct 2020 3:44pm

Heads will roll!

Worst conspiracy ever!

If you didn’t see it, you didn’t see it but a bit of faith in your fellow Saints fans would be nice.

The kick should have been brought to the top of the goal square which would have made it a certain goal.
There's a difference between having faith in my fellow Saints fans and going off the word of a bloke who has time and time again proven to have no credibility on this subject.

Looking at the video above I would say it's 50/50, he did bump him and but he did go down easy. If a free was paid every time someone went down off the ball there'd be dozens a quarter. It also looked like the umpire was setting the mark and had his back to the incident.

CURLY
Saintsational Legend

The_Dud wrote: Mon 12 Oct 2020 3:54pm
SaintPav wrote: Mon 12 Oct 2020 3:44pm

Heads will roll!

Worst conspiracy ever!

There's a difference between having faith in my fellow Saints fans and going off the word of a bloke who has time and time again proven to have no credibility on this subject.

Looking at the video above I would say it's 50/50, he did bump him and but he did go down easy. If a free was paid every time someone went down off the ball there'd be dozens a quarter. It also looked like the umpire was setting the mark and had his back to the incident.

You are so full of bulls***. If thats not 50 nothing is. Just admit we got screwed it won't hurt you.

The_Dud
Saintsational Legend

CURLY wrote: Mon 12 Oct 2020 3:28pm

Heads will roll!

Worst conspiracy ever!

What am I deflecting?

Like I said above, how can I argue with someone who counts Steele's shot at goal from a free and Marshall's from a 50 as "one shot at goal"?

You're not even operating in the same reality as everybody else.

CURLY
Saintsational Legend

The_Dud wrote: Mon 12 Oct 2020 3:57pm
CURLY wrote: Mon 12 Oct 2020 3:28pm

Heads will roll!

Worst conspiracy ever!

What am I deflecting?

Like I said above, how can I argue with someone who counts Steele's shot at goal from a free and Marshall's from a 50 as "one shot at goal"?

You're not even operating in the same reality as everybody else.

Marshall took a contested grab it wasn't as if the umpire had a hard decision you can't help but defend the undefendable with lies.

The_Dud
Saintsational Legend

Did he or did he not get a 50 meter penalty that resulted in a shot at goal?

Did Steele get or not get a shot at goal from a deliberate out of bounds free kick?

Does that not equal 2 shots at goal?