Treloar bombshell

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

older saint
SS Life Member

Re: Treloar bombshell

Very good player issue for everyone is Collingwood back ended a long term deal. Grundy, Moore and now DeGoey only signing for 2 years have them in real trouble down the track. If structured correct could do it with Hanners off the books towards the end ( front ended deal) but wouldn't want to be hamstrung in resigning young talent or having a crack at King moving forward

shanegrambeau
Saintsational Legend

older saint wrote: Tue 27 Oct 2020 12:49pm Very good player issue for everyone is Collingwood back ended a long term deal. Grundy, Moore and now DeGoey only signing for 2 years have them in real trouble down the track. If structured correct could do it with Hanners off the books towards the end ( front ended deal) but wouldn't want to be hamstrung in resigning young talent or having a crack at King moving forward
Good choice of words.

Hamstring injury prone.

He had a double hamstring this year and a caller said on SEN he’s changed his kicking...

We know about hammies. Ask Hanners, Paddy, and now Zac. Hammies seem to re-occur like concussions, don’t they? But if the Pies pay him out, he can come along to Moorabbin. I suspect one of Hanners, Crouch, Zac Jones or Treloar would be out with a hammy each week, but not a bad rotation.

You're quite brilliant Shane, yeah..terrific!
saynta
Saintsational Legend

Ghost Like wrote: Tue 27 Oct 2020 10:19am
Saintmatt wrote: Tue 27 Oct 2020 10:16am
Rocket wrote: Tue 27 Oct 2020 9:47am The pressure to hold onto De Goey has caused this one.
Ummm - nope. It's a combination of things - not just De Goey. It started with extending Treloar by 5 years on $900K pa; Signing Grundy to a $1Mpa / 7 year deal that doesn't even start until 2021; Moore having to be re-signed and then as you point out ... De Goey. And to think they didn't see thing coming ... staggering list management.

And overshadowing all of this is that they're still paying Dane Beams MkII.

Faaaarrrrk
They should have held on to Balme rather than have the Aussie Post chick dish out the player bonuses.
:wink: Rolexs this time though.

saynta
Saintsational Legend

stkfc1 wrote: Tue 27 Oct 2020 11:40am What a shambles. Couldn't happen to a better club...maybe Dopers.
Any trouble 17 other clubs have is alright to me. :evil: :twisted: :wink:

Impatient Sainter
Saintsational Legend

I have a bad feeling about the Treloar stuff. Would prefer the Saints not get too greedy and look at bringing in Brander as the next objective and be happy with Crouch & Brander.

Joffa Burns
Saintsational Legend

saynta wrote: Tue 27 Oct 2020 2:58pm
Rocket wrote: Tue 27 Oct 2020 9:47am The pressure to hold onto De Goey has caused this one.
Ummm - nope. It's a combination of things - not just De Goey. It started with extending Treloar by 5 years on $900K pa; Signing Grundy to a $1Mpa / 7 year deal that doesn't even start until 2021; Moore having to be re-signed and then as you point out ... De Goey. And to think they didn't see thing coming ... staggering list management.

Faaaarrrrk
They should have held on to Balme rather than have the Aussie Post chick dish out the player bonuses.
Looks like she's looked after Eddie already with a nice new Gold Daytona with the oysterfelx bracelet.
Personally I like the everose gold and choc face with the oysterflex in this model but hey I'm not picky.
She' s invested closer to $50K on this watch, not like the supposed $3K Cartiers.

Proudly assuming the title of forum Oracle and serving as the inaugural Saintsational ‘weak as piss brigade’ President.
saynta
Saintsational Legend

Joffa Burns wrote: Tue 27 Oct 2020 3:45pm

Faaaarrrrk
Looks like she's looked after Eddie already with a nice new Gold Daytona with the oysterfelx bracelet.
Personally I like the everose gold and choc face with the oysterflex in this model but hey I'm not picky.
She' s invested closer to $50K on this watch, not like the supposed $3K Cartiers.

The 4 Cartier watches cost 20 grand, so that's 5 grand each, not 3 grand.

Interestingly the 4 US presidents before Trump all wore normal costing everyday watches, brands like Seiko and Citizen because they wanted the public to identify with them.

Trump on the other hand wears a series of gold and white gold rolexs. Says it all really.

fugazi
Saintsational Legend

If Treloar nominates us, with the way the Pies have gone about this, we should be able to negotiate a very favourable deal.
They are over the barrell here.
I'm feeling a bit of a Luke Ball 2010 payback Schadenfreuder

Nee!
bigred
Saintsational Legend

As it stands he is on far too much money. Good player, granted.

There is no way we should even entertain the idea of taking over his current deal. The whole thing should be renegotiated down to what his market value is, which is probably half of the figures being blurted around.

Buyer beware.

Taking over his deal would be doing Collingwood a favour.

Why would we do Collingwood a favour.

"Now the ball is loose, it gives St. Kilda a rough chance. Black. Good handpass. Voss. Schwarze now, the defender, can run and from a long way".....
saynta
Saintsational Legend

bigred wrote: Tue 27 Oct 2020 5:23pm As it stands he is on far too much money. Good player, granted.

There is no way we should even entertain the idea of taking over his current deal. The whole thing should be renegotiated down to what his market value is, which is probably half of the figures being blurted around.

Buyer beware.

Taking over his deal would be doing Collingwood a favour.

Why would we do Collingwood a favour.
Good thinking 99

Toy Saint
SS Hall of Fame

Saintmatt wrote: Mon 26 Oct 2020 10:15pm This is madness by Collingwood. Who the fvck is running list management down there?

They’re bordering on criminally negligent. First they extend Treloar for 5 years and the they sign Grundy for 7 years on $1M pa.

All with the knowledge that they had De Goey and Moore up at the end of this season wanting huge coin. They’re just lucky JDG had an average season and has a court matter to deal with otherwise it’s clear they’d not be able to pay the $1M pa long term deal he would’ve wanted if he’d had a season like Petracca.

This is the most outrageously poor list management since St K paid 1/4 of its list 75% of the salary cap in 2011.
Reckon the Pies were gambling on an increase of the salary cap, which was likely to happen before Covid happened. Now they're screwed. Yeah!

ace
Saintsational Legend

bigred wrote: Mon 26 Oct 2020 10:55pm Even with the filth picking up the reported $200k.....

I'll be arsed if he's worth us paying $700k per year when his current deal is being reported as $650,$800, $900 & $900 over the next four years.
And how much in the fifth year.
He is contracted for the next 5 years until the end of 2025.

Luring a guy on a very long long term contract, heavily back ended, and then telling him they want to renege and telling they want him gone.
Is it any wonder Collingwood is known as the FILTH.

Collingwood may be prepared to pay up to $200,000 of his contract initially but not for the full 5 years.
But there is no way they are going to be willing to pay the massive backend increases.

Collingwood got the sugar hit of him joining and playing for them on low pay but now are not prepared to pay the consequences of their cheating.
I hope he hangs tough and says you are paying me according to my contract.
And you will get a player who despises the club playing for it in return.

The more you know, the more you know you don't know.
When I was a young child, I knew that I knew so much about so much.
Now that I am old and know so much more, I know that I know so much about so little, and so little about so much.

If you are not engaging AI actively and aggressively, you are doing it wrong.
You are not going to lose your job to AI.
You are going lose your job to somebody who uses AI.
Your company is not going to go out of business because of AI.
Your company is going to out of business because another company used AI.
- Jensen Huang, CEO of NVIDIA 50:08
saynta
Saintsational Legend

Sounds good to me.

Ghost Like
Saintsational Legend

fugazi wrote: Tue 27 Oct 2020 5:15pm If Treloar nominates us, with the way the Pies have gone about this, we should be able to negotiate a very favourable deal.
I appreciate the sentiments fuga but I have to disagree, nothing like Ball but I like the payback idea. Ball did not want to play for St Kilda in 2010 and did not want to from mid 2009. Treloar wants to play for Collingwood, that's as close to Ball as we get.

The best payback would be to assist Collingwood with their salary cap issues by relieving them of Stephenson. Give us picks 6, 7 & 8 of that draft, as long as they pay 30% of his salary. I'm serious, stuff them. Stuff Eddie, stuff Buckley, stuff the Collingwood crap we have to swallow like bile we are trying to cough up.

Stay Treloar, do everyone a favour!

The Recruit
Club Player

Treloar for 5 years 500k
Pies pay 400k

Done deal

damienc
Club Player

Sorry, but I am not following the conversation on this thread.

People are getting very worked up. No harm in that. But.....

Has there been any St Kilda interest expressed in Treloar? I've not seen any evidence, not even of a speculative nature.

Secondly, is he interested in playing for us? See previous comment.

If Collingwood no longer want him, isn't he Gold Coast bound?

Again, if people are saying we should be chasing him, then that is an entirely different story.

Like we should be chasing Dustin Martin, who I think we would have as much chance of getting as Treloar.

SaintPav
Saintsational Legend

Joffa Burns wrote: Tue 27 Oct 2020 3:45pm

Faaaarrrrk

Looks like a pumpkin 🎃 head.

Holder of unacceptable views and other thought crimes.
ace
Saintsational Legend

The issue is what a vile club Collingwood is.
Of course if Treloar agreed to a new five year contract on less money and no back ending Collingwood say OK we will let you stay.

But Collingwood offered him big money to come but most of it later.
When you back end a big contract you pursue glory now and agree to accept the consequences later.
But not at Collingwood, having underpaid Treloar for the shot at glory they are now spitting on him, telling him to go away for less money or submit to a new reduced contract.
Eddie McGuire runs a sewerage farm.

Now that I am old and know so much more, I know that I know so much about so little, and so little about so much.

Saintmatt
SS Life Member

The problem isn’t the back-ending of Treloar’s present deal ... it’s that they ‘smoothed’ his last contract by moving a lot of his final year’s salary across the 5 yr extension. So they could afford someone else (most likely $ for Grundy’s new 7 yr deal). They effectively increased his present contract by the amount they shifted from the last year of his old contract.

So - they basically set their own value for Treloar; over and above market value. Treloar did them a favour taking less money in his last year on the proviso it would be made-up for in this context ... and now they’ve realised they can afford him, Grundy, Moore & De Goey. Whilst playing with Miochek and Phillips’ careers. Can’t even afford Coz.

The upshot for the Pies will be that it’ll be hard to find anyone who (a) will give up one good pick for Treloar - let
Alone the two they want; and (b) pick up the majority of the inflated contract the Pies created. It’s way above market for Treloar.

Their likely outcome will be to receive 1 good pick but have to pay a fair whack of his salary. Clubs can’t commit to 5yrs x $8/900K whilst they don’t know list sizes and salary caps.

Oh yeah .. they’re also paying for Beams.

That quality of list management is 2011 St Kilda-esque ...

Go you red, black & white warriors
ace
Saintsational Legend

Hey Eddie now that Dan has allowed us more freedom you might like to pay a visit to your old home in Broadmeadows.
But be careful the locals have been known to chop off hands just to get hold of $50k watches quickly.

shanegrambeau
Saintsational Legend

Saintmatt wrote: Tue 27 Oct 2020 10:01pm The problem isn’t the back-ending of Treloar’s present deal ... it’s that they ‘smoothed’ his last contract by moving a lot of his final year’s salary across the 5 yr extension. So they could afford someone else (most likely $ for Grundy’s new 7 yr deal). They effectively increased his present contract by the amount they shifted from the last year of his old contract.

So - they basically set their own value for Treloar; over and above market value. Treloar did them a favour taking less money in his last year on the proviso it would be made-up for in this context ... and now they’ve realised they can afford him, Grundy, Moore & De Goey. Whilst playing with Miochek and Phillips’ careers. Can’t even afford Coz.

The upshot for the Pies will be that it’ll be hard to find anyone who (a) will give up one good pick for Treloar - let
Alone the two they want; and (b) pick up the majority of the inflated contract the Pies created. It’s way above market for Treloar.

Their likely outcome will be to receive 1 good pick but have to pay a fair whack of his salary. Clubs can’t commit to 5yrs x $8/900K whilst they don’t know list sizes and salary caps.

Oh yeah .. they’re also paying for Beams.

That quality of list management is 2011 St Kilda-esque ...
So they were being clever by forwarding the payment of the last year of his existing contract into longer future contract? How is that legal? It’s like going into the car dealer and buying a car on terms, and then halfway through the payments, telling the loan-in-a-suit that you are going to stop some of the payments but ordering next years model and the model after that without a deposit.

Well, they copped the Corona.

I like the Furgazi comment that we can seek Ball payback, but I know it won’t happen.

You're quite brilliant Shane, yeah..terrific!
bigred
Saintsational Legend

The Recruit wrote: Tue 27 Oct 2020 9:22pm Treloar for 5 years 500k
Pies pay 400k

Done deal
Two years at 800K
Pies pay 400k per year.

Options on extension.

I'll be arsed if we should be taking over their mismanagement.

"Now the ball is loose, it gives St. Kilda a rough chance. Black. Good handpass. Voss. Schwarze now, the defender, can run and from a long way".....
whiskers3614
Saintsational Legend

Ghost Like wrote: Tue 27 Oct 2020 8:52pm
fugazi wrote: Tue 27 Oct 2020 5:15pm If Treloar nominates us, with the way the Pies have gone about this, we should be able to negotiate a very favourable deal.
I appreciate the sentiments fuga but I have to disagree, nothing like Ball but I like the payback idea. Ball did not want to play for St Kilda in 2010 and did not want to from mid 2009. Treloar wants to play for Collingwood, that's as close to Ball as we get.

The best payback would be to assist Collingwood with their salary cap issues by relieving them of Stephenson. Give us picks 6, 7 & 8 of that draft, as long as they pay 30% of his salary. I'm serious, stuff them. Stuff Eddie, stuff Buckley, stuff the Collingwood crap we have to swallow like bile we are trying to cough up.

Stay Treloar, do everyone a favour!
You really want Hill mk#2?
I thought one pea heart was more than enough!

CarlD
Club Player

https://www.news.com.au/sport/afl/repor ... fdde0d6631

If this story is correct then Collingwood have managed to take it to the next level.

Vortex
Saintsational Legend

CarlD wrote: Wed 28 Oct 2020 9:22am https://www.news.com.au/sport/afl/repor ... fdde0d6631

If this story is correct then Collingwood have managed to take it to the next level.
I can see it from 5 sides, Adams, his partners, their new baby's, Collingswood's and any potential suitor for Adams services.

And there is a lot of money involved, so when you throw that all into the mix, Adam is in a bind.