Treloar bombshell

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

saintbob
SS Life Member

Re: Treloar bombshell

We should offer him 650k per year for 5 years and the Pies can chip in the rest, especially if the Crows want too much for Crouch.

asiu
Saintsational Legend

get him

.name the ways , thought manipulates the State of Presence away.

.tipara waranta kani nina-tu.
saintsRrising
Saintsational Legend

Pies only will only chip in for one year.

So Treloar would to join us have to sign on a much lower deal than he currently has.

If we trade in J Higgins then we have little to trade for Treloar. Lonie would only be a deposit. So you would need to say give next year's first and probably second.

Flying the World in comfort thanks to FF Points....
asiu
Saintsational Legend

and smash the filthy filth filth on the trade table

.name the ways , thought manipulates the State of Presence away.

.tipara waranta kani nina-tu.
saintbob
SS Life Member

saintsRrising wrote: Wed 28 Oct 2020 8:43pm Pies only will only chip in for one year.

So Treloar would to join us have to sign on a much lower deal than he currently has.

If we trade in J Higgins then we have little to trade for Treloar. Lonie would only be a deposit. So you would need to say give next year's first and probably second.
Why only one year, aren’t we paying part of Steven’s contract until that contract expires?

fugazi
Saintsational Legend

Would think Essendon would be all over him....

Nee!
st.byron
Saintsational Legend

Yeah nah. Will be 28 at the start of next year. I want younger players coming in, not the demographic who are in the last third of their careers. Guys who are approaching their prime not battered old sea dogs like Hannebery who might give a good performance or two, but aren’t players who we can be excited about being long term players.

ace
Saintsational Legend

saintbob wrote: Wed 28 Oct 2020 8:51pm
saintsRrising wrote: Wed 28 Oct 2020 8:43pm Pies only will only chip in for one year.

Why only one year, aren’t we paying part of Steven’s contract until that contract expires?
Can't trade away both next years first and second.

There is a specific rule you can not trade both the future first pick and any of the remaining future picks.
Choice is EITHER future first pick ONLY or any number of future later picks.
Those futures have to be the clubs own future picks.

Only Hawthorn is allowed to trade their own future second (having given their future first to St Kilda) instead of another clubs future second.
Hawthron broke the rule too late to reverse the trade for O'Meara.
The crooks at the corrupt AFL eventually admitted it was wrong but refused to cancel the trade.
Gold Coast would have got nothing, O'Meara would have landed at Essendon via the pre-season draft for free.

The more you know, the more you know you don't know.
When I was a young child, I knew that I knew so much about so much.
Now that I am old and know so much more, I know that I know so much about so little, and so little about so much.

If you are not engaging AI actively and aggressively, you are doing it wrong.
You are not going to lose your job to AI.
You are going lose your job to somebody who uses AI.
Your company is not going to go out of business because of AI.
Your company is going to out of business because another company used AI.
- Jensen Huang, CEO of NVIDIA 50:08
Vortex
Saintsational Legend

If that gets the deal done then it's the steal of this century. Adding Treloar would almost be the final piece.

I've really shifted on this story in the past 48 hours and believe if our club isn't turning over every rock to get him in then they are asleep at the wheel.

Something tells me they have at least made a few phone calls.

saintsRrising
Saintsational Legend

Vortex wrote: Thu 29 Oct 2020 9:32am

If that gets the deal done then it's the steal of this century. Adding Treloar would almost be the final piece.

I've really shifted on this story in the past 48 hours and believe if our club isn't turning over every rock to get him in then they are asleep at the wheel.

You also need to get Treloar to accept a lower package as otherwise we cannot afford him.

Flying the World in comfort thanks to FF Points....
skeptic
Saintsational Legend

I don’t think this was ever in the works. I noted in the OP there was no mention of us and it seems as though the brains trust has put a line through it from a feasibility POV

Vortex
Saintsational Legend

saintsRrising wrote: Thu 29 Oct 2020 3:46pm

You also need to get Treloar to accept a lower package as otherwise we cannot afford him.
I've wondered if that is what Collingwood are trying to do and keep him at a discounted price. Surely not, however we are now entering an economic recession, possibly of the likes we've never seen before and the TPP and list sizes are being reduced.

I'd imagine most clubs have given him a call and said we are interested, we just can't pay you 900k per season.

As soon as he hears that 17 times does he then put his tail between his legs and give Ed a call.

Crazy times.

Saintmatt
SS Life Member

Contrary to popular opinion - we were only paying a small % of Steven's wage this year (the last year of his contract with us) hence, why we received a poor draft pick (58 - which ended up at Freo as part of the Hill deal). Geelong were happy to give us a better pick if we paid more of his salary. In the end - Steven going to Geelong ended up basically being a salary dump for us. Hill will play more and better footy for St Kilda than Jack Steven will for Geelong.

Go you red, black & white warriors
Joffa Burns
Saintsational Legend

johnearljames wrote: Mon 26 Oct 2020 9:42pm https://www.foxsports.com.au/afl/afl-tr ... 41b2325a41

Watch this space.
What does watch this space mean?
Does it mean the saints are in the hunt for Treloar?

Proudly assuming the title of forum Oracle and serving as the inaugural Saintsational ‘weak as piss brigade’ President.
johnearljames
Club Player

Joffa Burns wrote: Thu 29 Oct 2020 6:11pm
johnearljames wrote: Mon 26 Oct 2020 9:42pm https://www.foxsports.com.au/afl/afl-tr ... 41b2325a41

Watch this space.
You stealing work colleagues lunch packs again?
Cyber bully gang back I guess.
Last edited by johnearljames on Thu 29 Oct 2020 6:23pm, edited 1 time in total.

Want to watch the most boring and devious thing on television and probably in mankind's history, then tune into a daily live press conference at 11am.
Ghost Like
Saintsational Legend

Vortex wrote: Thu 29 Oct 2020 4:21pm
saintsRrising wrote: Thu 29 Oct 2020 3:46pm

I've wondered if that is what Collingwood are trying to do and keep him at a discounted price. Surely not, however we are now entering an economic recession, possibly of the likes we've never seen before and the TPP and list sizes are being reduced.

I'd imagine most clubs have given him a call and said we are interested, we just can't pay you 900k per season.

As soon as he hears that 17 times does he then put his tail between his legs and give Ed a call.

Crazy times.
Why would he do that? I imagine his tail is up & wagging. It's Eddie's sphincter that is puckering. Why would anyone make this easy for Collingwood?

Wayne42
Saintsational Legend

Watch this space.
I wondered what it meant as well ?

The Saints are under review, will it make any difference to the underachievers ?
saintbob
SS Life Member

Saintmatt wrote: Thu 29 Oct 2020 5:41pm

Contrary to popular opinion - we were only paying a small % of Steven's wage this year (the last year of his contract with us) hence, why we received a poor draft pick (58 - which ended up at Freo as part of the Hill deal). Geelong were happy to give us a better pick if we paid more of his salary. In the end - Steven going to Geelong ended up basically being a salary dump for us. Hill will play more and better footy for St Kilda than Jack Steven will for Geelong.
Thanks
So if Treloar has 4yrs left;

A. Could we choose to give up a decent pick and they’d pay more of his contract for 4yrs?

B. We give them a s*** pick in the 40’s or 50’s and we pay the majority 4yrs?

I’d choose A everyday of the week

Totally agree with your assessment of Hill and Steven

ace
Saintsational Legend

Lethlean said not interested in Treloar.
I guess that means he is a lock, playing for St Kilda next year but for a heap less than Collingwood were contracted to pay him.

The more you know, the more you know you don't know.
When I was a young child, I knew that I knew so much about so much.
Now that I am old and know so much more, I know that I know so much about so little, and so little about so much.

If you are not engaging AI actively and aggressively, you are doing it wrong.
You are not going to lose your job to AI.
You are going lose your job to somebody who uses AI.
Your company is not going to go out of business because of AI.
Your company is going to out of business because another company used AI.
- Jensen Huang, CEO of NVIDIA 50:08
Joffa Burns
Saintsational Legend

johnearljames wrote: Thu 29 Oct 2020 6:21pm

Watch this space.
I am unsure why you have gone on such an unwarranted and unprovoked attack - Ted.

I merely asked the question: What does watch this space mean?

Would you be kind enough to elaborate please?

And for the record I do not work, therefore do not have work colleagues :wink:

Proudly assuming the title of forum Oracle and serving as the inaugural Saintsational ‘weak as piss brigade’ President.
Joffa Burns
Saintsational Legend

Wayne42 wrote: Thu 29 Oct 2020 6:56pm

Watch this space.
I wondered what it meant as well ?
It's perplexing!

johnearljames
Club Player

Joffa Burns wrote: Thu 29 Oct 2020 8:15pm

Watch this space.
I am unsure why you have gone on such an unwarranted and unprovoked attack - Ted.

Who is Ted?
And after 90 odd posts and a few days since the original post I find it strange you ask the questions and given your cyber bullying track record. I'm sure your intentions have nothing sinister behind them. 🙄

Want to watch the most boring and devious thing on television and probably in mankind's history, then tune into a daily live press conference at 11am.
Joffa Burns
Saintsational Legend

johnearljames wrote: Thu 29 Oct 2020 8:27pm

Watch this space.

Who is Ted?
And after 90 odd posts and a few days since the original post I find it strange you ask the questions and given your cyber bullying track record. I'm sure your intentions have nothing sinister behind them. 🙄
I guess you decline to answer the question then.

Ghost Like
Saintsational Legend

Why would any club offer / gift Collingwood anything for Treloar? This is a buyer's market. Collingwood don't want him or don't want to pay him the contract they agreed. If they want to free up salary and willing to pay part of it then they have achieved. No club deserves to receive draft picks after offering a contract they cannot afford.

Ghost Like
Saintsational Legend

johnearljames wrote: Thu 29 Oct 2020 8:27pm

Watch this space.

Who is Ted?
I've also no doubt there's anything sinister, nor have I seen evidence of a cyber bullying track record. Yet the question, "What does watch this space mean?" (In context to the link), still remains unanswered?

Have you heard something? What have you heard? Are we negotiating with him or am I just staring into space as I watch it and read it?