Treloar

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

diddley
Club Player

Treloar

I just feel it in my bones.
Now that we didn’t have to pay picks for Brad Crouch,
and that if we manage to offload 3 or 4 of Webster, Dunstan, Roberton, Lonie, Hind, Savage or Ross, we will make a play for Treloar with Pick 17.
The picks gained by losing any of the above to be used to grab Higgins, or even added to the Treloar pick 17 deal. Don’t really care about the little details.
I just feel it.

ace
Saintsational Legend

Re: Treloar

Why waste pick 17.
Collingwood are desperate, desperate, desperate to off load around $700k off their salary cap.
We could pay Treloar $700k a year, tell Collingwood they can pay 200k per year to watch him beat them and have our future 2nd rounder.
It could fall in the late 30s IF they are lucky.

We MUST use at least one 2020 first round pick and at least one 2021 first round pick at the draft, if we are to have both our 2022 and 2023 first round picks available to trade in Ben King at the end of 2022.

The more you know, the more you know you don't know.
When I was a young child, I knew that I knew so much about so much.
Now that I am old and know so much more, I know that I know so much about so little, and so little about so much.
Joffa Burns
Saintsational Legend

All hypothetical and based on what's in the media.

Bulldogs have picks #12, #36 & #48
I assume they'd be looking to give up #48 for Lonie, #36 would be nice.

Tigers are very fair at the trade table, doubt they'd take #36 for Higgins but you never know perhaps #36 & #15 with their #17 coming back to us.

Carlton have #7, #27, #45
Again #45 looks about right for Dunstan, #27 would be a bargain for us.

Essendon have #6, #7, #41
They'd want Ross for #41 while asking for a first round pick for Fantasia :roll:
Port have offered #28 for Fantasia and you'd think that pick traded onto us just about gets a deal done for Ross (assuming he chooses to leave).

In value terms you'd think a pick for Ross would be the type of currency to get Higgins into the club.

Perhaps picks received from Dunstan & Lonie and some pick shuffling gets Higgins across the line?

Personally I like Teloar as a player but I think bringing another big $ player in at the expense of losing players could destabilize a very tight knit playing group.

Proudly assuming the title of forum Oracle and serving as the inaugural Saintsational ‘weak as piss brigade’ President.
Teflon
Saintsational Legend

I’m a Treloar fan ....no he’s not Pendles re delivery but his ball winning ability and meters gained (alongside a Crouch/Steel shovelling it out..) is tantalising...

I’d think for us to even look at it you’d want 300k from Pies for the next 4 years min to make it realistic..

IF Bytel/Byrnes come on big time over next 2 years plus Hanners out then door by then (few others gone too) you’d imagine you might be able to do this, still pay our players Kings et al and not root the cap....we don’t ever want to be like Pies....

“Yeah….nah””
Ghost Like
Saintsational Legend

That all sounds fair JB. I especially like the bit at the end in safeguarding a tight knit playing group. I believe we can only afford, in money, type, picks, one of Treloar & Crouch. We now have Crouch. Leave Collingwood to pay the piper. Make noise now that we are not interested in Treloar and that Ross is going no where.

Let the Dogs bundle some picks together for Lonie and Webster, pass those to the Tiges for Higgins, swap first rounders if required.

Hold on to Hind, he is depth for a number of positions. The key to keeping Ross & Hind is that we don't deal with Essendon. Never ends well and only puts on hold any other possible deals.

Sign Carlisle for two years with a trigger. If not...

Get Tom McDonald or Two Metre on a two year deal. No need to mess around with McKernan for one year but not having to trade is attractive.

Teflon
Saintsational Legend

Carlisle reportedly agreed to 1 with a trigger ....think he shoppped but might’ve been surprised at the lack of $ on offer or takers

I’d also keep Hind but he’s requested a trade? I’d like to have seen his dash off HBF tbh

“Yeah….nah””
Yorkeys
Saintsational Legend

Will be called as a witness by Heretier as to the culture at the Pies and New Age Nathan's sensitivity/veracity. Will eventually play for the Suns to get away from Melbourne. Wife's career in Qld will go from strength to strength. BOG against Collingwood in final round of 2022 to gift the Pies the wooden spoon.

cwrcyn
Saintsational Legend

Buyer beware with Treloar. From what I've heard there's substantial baggage that comes with him that I would see as an unacceptable risk, particularly at $600k to $700K per year. Focus on Higgins, a key position player and a back up ruckman.

bigred
Saintsational Legend

We are looking at Treloar. Agree on the baggage comment. I also have concerns regarding his money.

We definitely need to move out a few of the Richo era guys this week. We must clear some cap space, just for some flexibility over the next couple of years.

We apparently have a verbal agreement with Jack Higgins. That would be priority #1 to just get locked away. If we can get Crouch, Higgins, retain our first rounder and also shop in a few extra picks then this trade period will get a decent tick.

Treloar would have to be after the fact. Huge due dilligence required.

"Now the ball is loose, it gives St. Kilda a rough chance. Black. Good handpass. Voss. Schwarze now, the defender, can run and from a long way".....
realdeal
Club Player

Collingwood is the team thats hemorrhaging under the salary cap, there is no way on earth we need to give up pick 17. Something in the 30-40 should do it. Whatever team takes him is helping them.

In saying that, i still dont think we need a player like him at that price... We then lose any cap flexibility we have...

cwrcyn
Saintsational Legend

When a player is one year into a 5 year extension and his club wants to move him on, then it's not just about money. There has to be more serious matters at play. "Warning,...Warning...Danger, Will Robinson"

st.byron
Saintsational Legend

The Age saying that we are watching Treloar over Collingwood’s shoulder. Also that Gubby Allen has an existing relationship with Treloar from his time at GWS and that he facilitated the trade from GWS to Collingwood.

https://www.theage.com.au/sport/afl/sai ... 56bk3.html

damienc
Club Player

I wonder if Lethlean was foxing when he said we wouldn't be chasing Treloar.

If he'd said yes, it might have jeopardised the Crouch trade, with the Crows deciding to play hard ball after all, knowing we had our sights also on Treloar.

Maybe he is beyond salary cap range but the fact remains, if you ever harboured a wish to recruit Treloar, there will be never be a better time like the present.

A club is going to get him because he certainly won't be with the filth in 2021.

Bridges have been burned at the pies.

This could be a very interesting trade period.

If we managed to grab Crouch, Higgins, Treloar and McKernan, WOW.

We'd have the midfield from hell. Of course it still may not happen

But, if it did that would be consecutive years of brilliant blitzkrieg trading.

Watch this space. Woo hoo.
Last edited by damienc on Wed 04 Nov 2020 9:10pm, edited 1 time in total.

Premium89
Club Player

st.byron wrote: Wed 04 Nov 2020 8:38pm The Age saying that we are watching Treloar over Collingwood’s shoulder. Also that Gubby Allen has an existing relationship with Treloar from his time at GWS and that he facilitated the trade from GWS to Collingwood.

https://www.theage.com.au/sport/afl/sai ... 56bk3.html
Get him, then when he’s keen for a move north to be with his partner and family, would be very valuable in a trade with suns for B King!

🤞🏽🤞🏽

BadRossco
Club Player

Nice theory Premium89 only problem Suns don’t want Treloar now and certainly will not in two years time

BackFromUSA
Saintsational Legend

I think the AFL should pay Treloar's wage and every week he plays with the team that plays Collingwood.

That's how they would solve it in the WWE.

AwayInUSA no longer ... have based myself back in Melbourne for a decade of Saintsational Success (with regular trips back to the USA)

"Saintsational Player Sponsor 2007 - 2018"
Joffa Burns
Saintsational Legend

Teflon wrote: Wed 04 Nov 2020 6:19pm Carlisle reportedly agreed to 1 with a trigger ....think he shoppped but might’ve been surprised at the lack of $ on offer or takers

I’d also keep Hind but he’s requested a trade? I’d like to have seen his dash off HBF tbh
Most overrated runner and player on this forum in my humble opinion.
Not that quick on the field or in straight line speed.
Does use every bit of speed he has and has a crack but just not AFL quality consistently IMO.
I'll take the guy who won the race if he's available?

https://www.goldcoastfc.com.au/video/44 ... 9892006001

Proudly assuming the title of forum Oracle and serving as the inaugural Saintsational ‘weak as piss brigade’ President.
bigred
Saintsational Legend

Dont buy into the Hamstring bulls*** either.

Averaged over nineteen games over the past nine years.

How is it even possible that the filth would pay that much money over the duration of his deal if he gets taken off their list. That cannot be right.

"Now the ball is loose, it gives St. Kilda a rough chance. Black. Good handpass. Voss. Schwarze now, the defender, can run and from a long way".....
saintsRrising
Saintsational Legend

Seems that Pies are now more desperate to offload Treloar. From the various rumours trade price has gone down.

Hopefully Treloar will agree to lower $$ terms if he joins us.

If we landed all of Treloar, Crouch and Higgins it would make for a huge trade period for us. And addresses our main weakness in 2020 which was our midfield.

However probably cannot happen unless the Saints can also trade out some players who are on decent coin.

Flying the World in comfort thanks to FF Points....
ace
Saintsational Legend

Jack Higgins from Richmond would be nice get but at what price.

Now that I am old and know so much more, I know that I know so much about so little, and so little about so much.
WellardSaint
Saintsational Legend
Location: Perth- the best weather in Oz, but the worst rednecks.

Folks...
Have a think about what the club has done since the start of the 2019 trading period.
The people at RSEA Park, who have the job of identifying what we need, and then go after it, have been pretty damn special.
Hang on, include the recruiting of Wilkie the year before.

The club is in good hands and the train is heading onwards n upwards

A real Sainter will pledge allegiance to the ❤🤍🖤 and despise the Pies, the Blues, and the Injectors.
Remember one of the 10 Commandments : Thou shalt have no other team before thee
st.byron
Saintsational Legend

So how much coin are the likes of Dunstan, Webster, Lonnie and Roberton in? Seb Ross? Would people consider Treloar an upgrade on Ross if that happened? Looks like Seb will stay, but if he moved how much money would that free up?

jays
Club Player

Get him and we become flag chance Ratts will help this guy heaps

Saintmatt
SS Life Member

ace wrote: Thu 05 Nov 2020 1:18am Jack Higgins from Richmond would be nice get but at what price.
Personally - I think he's integral to the build. If we could find a way to get Higgins and shunt Lonie - then we've seriously upgraded 2 areas of the ground that we were very innefective in against the Premier (i.e. Crouch as an inside mid where we got smashed in clearances) and small forward / pressure (where Lonie et al were unsighted).

When ppl are talking about what we pay for Higgins - remember that he was a 1st round pick for a reason and he's not got worse since he was drafted (yes, I know about the brain bit but, that's been surgically resolved). Personally - I wouldn't be unhappy if we gave a first rounder and got a 2nd back.

Go you red, black & white warriors
ace
Saintsational Legend

Early morning Thursday 5 November

TRELOAR TO SAINTS? COO HAS HIS SAY
ST KILDA appears unlikely to partner Brad Crouch with Adam Treloar in its improving midfield group next season, with the club distancing itself from the Collingwood midfielder on Thursday.
The Saints have done their homework on Treloar, with the gun onballer destined to leave the Pies during this year's Trade Period after a messy and complicated saga that appears no closer to a resolution.
However, St Kilda has already secured its marquee recruit of this season's Trade Period, completing the signing of Crouch on Wednesday after Adelaide rejected the opportunity to match its free agency offer.
It means that, despite holding an interest in Treloar, the Saints do not believe they would have either the cap space nor the assets to complete a trade for the contracted Magpies midfielder over the next week.
"We're very interested observers," the club's chief operating officer Simon Lethlean told SEN Breakfast.
"Treloar is a sensational player. But if you asked me right now if he'd be at the Saints, I'd say it's very unlikely. We don't have the cap space or the assets to be getting that deal done. We certainly haven't spoken to Adam or Collingwood.
"We did say if the Crouch deal fell over, we would potentially have a look at him as that midfielder that we were looking for. Given the Crouch deal has gone ahead, I think our focus and our ability to get that done is pretty minimal.
"I think it's a difficult one for us to get done with where we're at, based on having just done the deal with Crouch. You never say never, but I really think it's unlikely. It would just be too hard for us at the moment." - Riley Beveridge

https://www.afl.com.au/trade/trade-talk
Last edited by ace on Thu 05 Nov 2020 9:26am, edited 1 time in total.