Treloar

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

fugazi
Saintsational Legend

Re: Treloar

Just shows to me how one sided loyalty is.

No wonder the modern player thinks of his contract first and team second.

When Maguire and Bucks are hugging you and telling you that you are a Pies player thu and thru and how much we love you and you bleed black and white.....

And then desperately try and shove you out the door under any pretence the moment it no longer suits them....your teammates dont like you, you're difficult to coach etc etc.

Nee!
ace
Saintsational Legend

Side by side they stick together to uphold the magpie name.
The cakewalk seems to be crumbling.

The more you know, the more you know you don't know.
When I was a young child, I knew that I knew so much about so much.
Now that I am old and know so much more, I know that I know so much about so little, and so little about so much.

If you are not engaging AI actively and aggressively, you are doing it wrong.
You are not going to lose your job to AI.
You are going lose your job to somebody who uses AI.
Your company is not going to go out of business because of AI.
Your company is going to out of business because another company used AI.
- Jensen Huang, CEO of NVIDIA 50:08
diddley
Club Player

asiu wrote: Thu 05 Nov 2020 2:47pm does it technically need to be our original first round pick , that we use to keep up our ‘usage’ requirement ?

or (hopefully) i’m off tap with this bit
It can be any usage of first round picks, from any method (trade, FA compo, GC Suns freebies)
Essendon have to use at least one first round pick this year, and can’t trade it out unless they gained more. They did that already by way of the Daniher FA compo, so they can ship out either, but not both of they choose.

Brunswicksainter
Club Player

Clear Ross, dunstan and Lonie and we have comfortably enough cap space to fit in treloar, problem is we need to have picks in the bag for Ben king next year? Can’t trade our first this year and next year

damienc
Club Player

Brunswicksainter wrote: Thu 05 Nov 2020 11:44pm Clear Ross, dunstan and Lonie and we have comfortably enough cap space to fit in treloar, problem is we need to have picks in the bag for Ben king next year? Can’t trade our first this year and next year
I’m not sure you’re correct in saying we have the salary cap space for Treloar.

We might had we not recruited Crouch.

Never say never but it's a real struggle now with the money he commands and the pick/s we would need to satisfy the filth.

saintsRrising
Saintsational Legend

Brunswicksainter wrote: Thu 05 Nov 2020 11:44pm Clear Ross, dunstan and Lonie and we have comfortably enough cap space to fit in treloar, problem is we need to have picks in the bag for Ben king next year? Can’t trade our first this year and next year

I do not understand your reference to Ben King and needing picks for him next year.

Ben is contracted till the end of 2022, and not 2021. Trading for a contracted player who still has contract duration left increases his trade price.

So why do you believe we need picks next year for Ben King?

Flying the World in comfort thanks to FF Points....
minneapolis
Club Player

cwrcyn wrote: Wed 04 Nov 2020 7:04pm Buyer beware with Treloar. From what I've heard there's substantial baggage that comes with him that I would see as an unacceptable risk, particularly at $600k to $700K per year. Focus on Higgins, a key position player and a back up ruckman.
Cwrc,

you could possibly call Higgins a key position midfielder but a back-up ruckman is too much of a stretch.
Last edited by minneapolis on Fri 06 Nov 2020 5:19am, edited 1 time in total.

Nothing better than a good Dad Joke.
minneapolis
Club Player

damienc wrote: Thu 05 Nov 2020 12:46pm If we get Treloar we will win a premiership. IMO.
Dame,

don't pussy foot aroud, just call it....

(Don't reckon Rich to win again....Geel v Saints GF?)

Nothing better than a good Dad Joke.
Harves Man
Club Player

ace wrote: Thu 05 Nov 2020 6:02pm Side by side they stick together to uphold the magpie name.
"Back to back they faced each other,
Drew their swords and shot each other".
Can't remember the rest - an old joke/poem that did the rounds of my primary school. :D

CarlD
Club Player

Harves Man wrote: Fri 06 Nov 2020 7:16am
Can't remember the rest - an old joke/poem that did the rounds of my primary school. :D
Here you go Harves. Must admit I only remembered those two lines too.

ace
Saintsational Legend

CarlD wrote: Fri 06 Nov 2020 8:01am

One fine day in the middle of the night,
Two dead men got up to fight,
Back to back they faced each other,
Drew their swords and shot each other,

One was blind and the other couldn't, see
So they chose a dummy for a referee.
A blind man went to see fair play,
A dumb man went to shout "hooray!"

A paralysed donkey passing by,
Kicked the blind man in the eye,
Knocked him through a nine inch wall,
Into a dry ditch and drowned them all,

A deaf policeman heard the noise,
And came to arrest the two dead boys,
If you don't believe this story's true,
Ask the blind man he saw it too!

Now that I am old and know so much more, I know that I know so much about so little, and so little about so much.

Harves Man
Club Player

CarlD wrote: Fri 06 Nov 2020 8:01am

Many Thanks, Mr Ditterich!

Saintmike65
Club Player

Saintmatt wrote: Thu 05 Nov 2020 4:43pm
Mr Magic wrote: Thu 05 Nov 2020 4:24pm Can someone explain Collingwood's actions over Treloar to me.
I understand they've probably got a TPP problem, but the way they've handled this Treloar issue is making them look like amateur, untrustworthy, fools.
Why have they managed it this way?
As much as I despise them they've certainly been a very professionally run club for the last decade or so.
Is it merely that Gary Pert is not there steering the ship anymore?
It's pretty simple.

Collingwood has a number of very very good players who, have all come out of contract at the same time. The problem for Collingwood is that they're not really staggered - i.e. Grundy, Moore and De Goey all this year. Then they have some average role players coming out at the same time (Miocek, Cox, Phillips). Collingwood knows that they need to keep all of them together to stay competitive - in hindsight, getting so close in 2018 meant they want want to keep the window open.

Treloar is a lovely young bloke who came from the housing commission flatsin Noble Park and will do anything for someone who does something for him. His dream was to play footy for a big Melbourne club and Collingwood have helped him in buying a house for his Mum and Brother and set his own life up. He feels like he owes them. So - when the Pies need to 'find room' in their cap to make available for other players they need to re-sign ... Adam has basically been their banker. and so here's where the problem arose. The culmination of this was his last contract where the Pies engaged what's known as 'smoothing' ... where a club takes money from the back of your current contract and then gives the player an extension ... and includes the money from the back of the current contract into the contract extension.

In real terms - they moved somewhere between $200K - $400K from the end of his old contract into his new extension (that goes to 2025). In effect - he's owed that money. So - the ultimate outcome is that now Treloar's contract is so bulging with old contract money that it makes it look like he's being paid overs (which he's not - it's just money he was owed from his last contract that they moved around to presumably fit in Grundy). Treloar's proper market rate is about $700K - which is what his current contract is ... but it's the money from the old contract that makes it look like he's being paid $900K.

Ordinarily - it's never been a problem until Covid hit and salary caps and playing list sizes go down. Jeremy Cameron is in exactly the same boat (but more cash involved).

It's the list management equivalent of the music stopping and the most expensive (but not necessarily the best player) being left without a seat.

Also - Gary Pert is no rocket scientist. Mark Anderson is pretty capable but Ned Guy? Wouldn't want to be him and/or Geoff Walsh ...

Diabolical list management from Collingwood in any case. Good luck getting out of it.

Really enjoyed reading your post...reckon you nailed it beautifully, will be fascinating how this saga plays out..watch this space!

Yorkeys
Saintsational Legend

My theory is that the absolute humiliating no hope in the foreseeable Geelong final performance was a trigger point for an eruption of all the underlying tensions in Collingwood. The grief over 2018, President's ongoing gaffs and boorish behaviour; Buckley acting like he is coach for life but still another year and no flag; Grundy's issue, whatever that is; Jadyn Stevenson's decline showing Buckley has serious coaching limitations, plus its another "star" not producing; DeGoey's legal cloud/injuries/fitness/selective attitude, culture investigation; Heretier's court case, Pendlebury getting older and no succession plan; Sidebottom behaving very badly; Cox a very limited circumstances player; signs the playing group is factionalised in a corrosive way. Then the reduction in funds and therefore list numbers & TPP. The club may implode and need a new pres and coach to get back on an even keel. Hopefully; the implode bit anyway. In a sadistic way I like watching Eddie and Nathan rationalise yet another year of decline. Poor Treloar is collateral damage and can rightly ask: what did I do?

st.byron
Saintsational Legend

Saintmike65 wrote: Fri 06 Nov 2020 11:34am
Mr Magic wrote: Thu 05 Nov 2020 4:24pm Can someone explain Collingwood's actions over Treloar to me.
I understand they've probably got a TPP problem, but the way they've handled this Treloar issue is making them look like amateur, untrustworthy, fools.
As much as I despise them they've certainly been a very professionally run club for the last decade or so.
It's pretty simple.

Collingwood has a number of very very good players who, have all come out of contract at the same time. The problem for Collingwood is that they're not really staggered - i.e. Grundy, Moore and De Goey all this year. Then they have some average role players coming out at the same time (Miocek, Cox, Phillips). Collingwood knows that they need to keep all of them together to stay competitive - in hindsight, getting so close in 2018 meant they want want to keep the window open.

Treloar is a lovely young bloke who came from the housing commission flatsin Noble Park and will do anything for someone who does something for him. His dream was to play footy for a big Melbourne club and Collingwood have helped him in buying a house for his Mum and Brother and set his own life up. He feels like he owes them. So - when the Pies need to 'find room' in their cap to make available for other players they need to re-sign ... Adam has basically been their banker. and so here's where the problem arose. The culmination of this was his last contract where the Pies engaged what's known as 'smoothing' ... where a club takes money from the back of your current contract and then gives the player an extension ... and includes the money from the back of the current contract into the contract extension.

In real terms - they moved somewhere between $200K - $400K from the end of his old contract into his new extension (that goes to 2025). In effect - he's owed that money. So - the ultimate outcome is that now Treloar's contract is so bulging with old contract money that it makes it look like he's being paid overs (which he's not - it's just money he was owed from his last contract that they moved around to presumably fit in Grundy). Treloar's proper market rate is about $700K - which is what his current contract is ... but it's the money from the old contract that makes it look like he's being paid $900K.

Ordinarily - it's never been a problem until Covid hit and salary caps and playing list sizes go down. Jeremy Cameron is in exactly the same boat (but more cash involved).

It's the list management equivalent of the music stopping and the most expensive (but not necessarily the best player) being left without a seat.

Also - Gary Pert is no rocket scientist. Mark Anderson is pretty capable but Ned Guy? Wouldn't want to be him and/or Geoff Walsh ...

Diabolical list management from Collingwood in any case. Good luck getting out of it.

Really enjoyed reading your post...reckon you nailed it beautifully, will be fascinating how this saga plays out..watch this space!
Yep me too. Thanks Saintmatt for the explanation.

Joffa Burns
Saintsational Legend

st.byron wrote: Fri 06 Nov 2020 12:20pm
Saintmike65 wrote: Fri 06 Nov 2020 11:34am
It's pretty simple.

Yep me too. Thanks Saintmatt for the explanation.
Agree, one of the best posts I’ve read in a long time from Saintmatt.

Sad part is Treloar who is a decent young guy who has suffered anxiety issues in the past, is thrust into the media limelight when he has done nothing other than agree to extend his contract to assist the club (IMO).

Talk about burning a guy.

I hope he moves on (wherever) and plays like a jet and shoved it right up the arse of Collingwood.

Proudly assuming the title of forum Oracle and serving as the inaugural Saintsational ‘weak as piss brigade’ President.
saintbob
SS Life Member

It’s time for Gubby to step up and convince Treloar to come to the Saints and also talk Eddie and his cronies into paying at least 250k pa for the next 5yrs.

Collingwood will end up paying a lot more than the 100k that they have offered up otherwise they’ll be stuck with a very disgruntled player, no fault of his, and their salary cap will be stuffed for the next 5yrs.

So get to work Gubby!!!

bergsone
SS Life Member

If Treloar doesnt work out for us,at least its good to know we were in it up to our necks and were a preferred destination.Move onto the next target

Maybe a last minute deal still on,hope so

SAINT-LEE
Club Player

minneapolis wrote: Fri 06 Nov 2020 5:07am
cwrcyn wrote: Wed 04 Nov 2020 7:04pm Buyer beware with Treloar. From what I've heard there's substantial baggage that comes with him that I would see as an unacceptable risk, particularly at $600k to $700K per year. Focus on Higgins, a key position player and a back up ruckman.
Cwrc,

you could possibly call Higgins a key position midfielder but a back-up ruckman is too much of a stretch.
Could poster have meant... " on the back of a ruckman?" That'd be a hell of an advantage for a wee fella.

Saintmatt
SS Life Member

saintbob wrote: Tue 10 Nov 2020 10:41am It’s time for Gubby to step up and convince Treloar to come to the Saints and also talk Eddie and his cronies into paying at least 250k pa for the next 5yrs.

Collingwood will end up paying a lot more than the 100k that they have offered up otherwise they’ll be stuck with a very disgruntled player, no fault of his, and their salary cap will be stuffed for the next 5yrs.

So get to work Gubby!!!
Sums it up. No other club that Treloar would want to go to is able to afford him (at his current contracted value). But a few can afford him if the Pies play at least $250K. Then it comes down to the Pies wanting at least 1 x FRDP + extras. No one's paying that.

I'd hate to be in Adam's shoes - he's done the right thing by that shite of a club and now they're shafting him. Pretty sure I wouldn't be listening to a goddamn word any of my superiors said too. Go to work; do your job ... no extras. Up yours filth.

Go you red, black & white warriors
SaintPelican66
Club Player

Joffa Burns wrote: Thu 05 Nov 2020 3:49pm
SaintPelican66 wrote: Thu 05 Nov 2020 3:26pm Higgins - got him.
So we have both Treloar & Higgins according to StPelican.

Better let Lethlean & Gallagher know Pelican, as of this morning Lethlean stated we were in the dark over Higgins.

I am belatedly joining the Saintsational chorus that you are little more than trolling this site.
You may need to take all this back JB!!

asiu
Saintsational Legend

u mean like the long time reader new poster schtick ?

just saying

.name the ways , thought manipulates the State of Presence away.

.tipara waranta kani nina-tu.
ace
Saintsational Legend

Treloar has done a medical with the Dogs.
They were particularly interested in his hammies.
They maybe able take him if Collingwood is prepared to eat humble pies.
Pay a sizeable part of his salary over the next 5 years and not be too demanding in a trade.

magnifisaint
Saintsational Legend

ace wrote: Thu 05 Nov 2020 6:02pm Side by side they stick together to uphold the magpie name.
I think it's side by side they stink together.

Posting 20 years of holey crap!
The Fireman
Saintsational Legend

Yorkeys wrote: Fri 06 Nov 2020 12:14pm My theory is that the absolute humiliating no hope in the foreseeable Geelong final performance was a trigger point for an eruption of all the underlying tensions in Collingwood. The grief over 2018, President's ongoing gaffs and boorish behaviour; Buckley acting like he is coach for life but still another year and no flag; Grundy's issue, whatever that is; Jadyn Stevenson's decline showing Buckley has serious coaching limitations, plus its another "star" not producing; DeGoey's legal cloud/injuries/fitness/selective attitude, culture investigation; Heretier's court case, Pendlebury getting older and no succession plan; Sidebottom behaving very badly; Cox a very limited circumstances player; signs the playing group is factionalised in a corrosive way. Then the reduction in funds and therefore list numbers & TPP. The club may implode and need a new pres and coach to get back on an even keel. Hopefully; the implode bit anyway. In a sadistic way I like watching Eddie and Nathan rationalise yet another year of decline. Poor Treloar is collateral damage and can rightly ask: what did I do?
spot on