How fit and fast are we...

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

Impatient Sainter
Saintsational Legend

Re: How fit and fast are we...

shanegrambeau wrote: Sat 20 Mar 2021 10:55am Last nights games, Footscary v Collingwood, gives me some perspective of how good Richmond were.......they were awesome. And Carlton were competitive. Collingwood and the bUlldogs were both flawed, dropping marks, missing targets or execution couldn’t match idea.

So now I really think, Richmond were awesome. In fact, I think Carlton would have challenged us too, with our current line up.
They were two completely different games. The Dogs v Pies game was a much tighter contested game with a lot of play in close, with Collingwood flooding back heavily. Carlton play a much more offensive open game and consequently both sides looked superior to last night's game. Collingwood basically had to make it a scrappy game to remain in touch as they have such a poor forward line.

The Fireman
Saintsational Legend

wont be long before we find out where we are at...but have to say was impressed by Richmond , Bulldogs and even the paper baggers.

The job gets tougher year by year.

GSG
Club Player

samuraisaint wrote: Sat 20 Mar 2021 8:04am
Yorkeys wrote: Fri 19 Mar 2021 7:00pm Fit: quite
Fast: losing first choice players rapido.
And first game in a bog. There goes fitness for R2. Now lets talk mental strength and teamwork...
Remember playing North after they played in a monsoon the week before in Cairns.

We even played them on the Good Friday, so they had a short break.

We were supposed to pulverise them. Nek minnit ...
Yes, the Saints had a real lousy game and “hey presto!”, it was taken away from them. The Kangaroos are bottom of the ladder, picked for a possible wooden spoon, but still keep the Good Friday game. Doesn’t add up.

samuraisaint
Saintsational Legend

GSG wrote: Sat 20 Mar 2021 3:34pm
And first game in a bog. There goes fitness for R2. Now lets talk mental strength and teamwork...
Remember playing North after they played in a monsoon the week before in Cairns.

Yes, the Saints had a real lousy game and “hey presto!”, it was taken away from them. The Kangaroos are bottom of the ladder, picked for a possible wooden spoon, but still keep the Good Friday game. Doesn’t add up.
We don't 'turn up' in our boutique matches. I know that there is a definite double-standard, but we are our own worst enemy. The Good Friday Massacre, and the Shanghai-ed matches should teach us that, if nothing else. A lot of clubs would have sacked the coach within days of either of those fiascos - they cost opportunities, are a turn off for sponsors, and put kids off becoming St Kilda supporters. I mean, who in their right minds wants to sign up to watch sh1t like that.

Your friendly neighbourhood samurai.
GSG
Club Player

samuraisaint wrote: Sat 20 Mar 2021 5:02pm

We don't 'turn up' in our boutique matches. I know that there is a definite double-standard, but we are our own worst enemy. The Good Friday Massacre, and the Shanghai-ed matches should teach us that, if nothing else. A lot of clubs would have sacked the coach within days of either of those fiascos - they cost opportunities, are a turn off for sponsors, and put kids off becoming St Kilda supporters. I mean, who in their right minds wants to sign up to watch sh1t like that.
Well we have some 10,000 more members than North who watch Shyt like this! And is North’s coaching procedures better than ours at the moment? Seriously, if we, as supporters, are degrading the Saints all the time because of the past, we will never be successful. At this moment, we are much BETTER than North and we would deserve the Good Friday game much more than North, or even the Bullies. We simply cannot always support the notion that we do not deserve any favours from the AFL.

samuraisaint
Saintsational Legend

GSG wrote: Sat 20 Mar 2021 5:45pm
samuraisaint wrote: Sat 20 Mar 2021 5:02pm

Well we have some 10,000 more members than North who watch Shyt like this! And is North’s coaching procedures better than ours at the moment? Seriously, if we, as supporters, are degrading the Saints all the time because of the past, we will never be successful. At this moment, we are much BETTER than North and we would deserve the Good Friday game much more than North, or even the Bullies. We simply cannot always support the notion that we do not deserve any favours from the AFL.
I am not degrading the side - just stating facts - obviously now the team now is playing very differently.
As for North - well, we beat them by 15 goals a few weeks ago, so yeah, now we probably are better than them.

I am on the record as saying many times on this forum that as a FOUNDATION member of the VFA AND THE VFL, and one of the oldest sporting clubs in the country and the world - and given that when we were a regular finalist we went a long way towards paying off Docklands stadium for the AFL - that we certainly do deserve a chop out from the AFL .

Your friendly neighbourhood samurai.