Match Thread: Saints Vs Eagles

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

Ape_Man
Club Player

Re: Match Thread: Saints Vs Eagles

samoht wrote: Sat 10 Apr 2021 9:22pm We lost the hitouts 36 to 19 (by 17), but won the clearances 35 to 24 (by 11).

So much for Natanui and his giant leap and laser-precision tap outs.
Marshall back is such a massive positive but have to mention Carlisle's game.

He's not much of a ruckman but knows how to use his body and really made life tough for Nic Nat. He just wouldn't let him have any clear space.

Intelligent work.

saynta
Saintsational Legend

The weagles second half was actually far worse than our performance last week.
Last edited by saynta on Sun 11 Apr 2021 4:18pm, edited 1 time in total.

skeptic
Saintsational Legend

Ape_Man wrote: Sat 10 Apr 2021 10:03pm
samoht wrote: Sat 10 Apr 2021 9:22pm We lost the hitouts 36 to 19 (by 17), but won the clearances 35 to 24 (by 11).

So much for Natanui and his giant leap and laser-precision tap outs.
Marshall back is such a massive positive but have to mention Carlisle's game.

He's not much of a ruckman but knows how to use his body and really made life tough for Nic Nat. He just wouldn't let him have any clear space.

Intelligent work.
He’s a good player Carlisle. Needs to be in the team.

roskilde
SS Hall of Fame

saynta wrote: Sat 10 Apr 2021 10:31pm The weagles second half was actually far worse than out performance last week.
Difference being IMO that we actually made them look bad with our effort and pressure.

We turned them into a bad team tonight -- at least in the 2nd half -- and that's what is so satisfying.

This was my father's belief
And this is also mine:
Let the corn be all one sheaf--
And the grapes be all one vine,
Ere our children's teeth are set on edge
By bitter bread and wine.
Joffa Burns
Saintsational Legend

saynta wrote: Sat 10 Apr 2021 6:12pm Webster was clearly pushed in the back and Battle held in a f****** headlock. No worries for the maggots who gifted the weagles two f****** underserved goals. Nothing changes.
Just watching the replay.

Was clearly not a free to Darling against Battle, play on as they both engaged or free to Battle, but the Ryan one against Webster was nowhere near a free in my opinion.

Ryan used his body, no hands and effectively held his ground while Webster ran back toward him. Contact was high on Webster’s left shoulder and shoulder blade.

No way that was a free.

Proudly assuming the title of forum Oracle and serving as the inaugural Saintsational ‘weak as piss brigade’ President.
bangaulegend
SS Hall of Fame

saynta wrote: Sat 10 Apr 2021 10:31pm The weagles second half was actually far worse than out performance last week.
Yeah mate I reckon about the same but last week was pretty bad even by St.Kilda standards a weeks along time in footy & today just shows you how true that is :wink:

The_Dud
Saintsational Legend

Joffa Burns wrote: Sat 10 Apr 2021 10:44pm
saynta wrote: Sat 10 Apr 2021 6:12pm Webster was clearly pushed in the back and Battle held in a f****** headlock. No worries for the maggots who gifted the weagles two f****** underserved goals. Nothing changes.

Was clearly not a free to Darling against Battle, play on as they both engaged or free to Battle, but the Ryan one against Webster was nowhere near a free in my opinion.

Ryan used his body, no hands and effectively held his ground while Webster ran back toward him. Contact was high on Webster’s left shoulder and shoulder blade.

No way that was a free.
Not according to our very own 700 game expert!

Ryan phantom push a clear free but Wilkies blatant and obvious pull and stretch of Cripps’ jumper should be play on!

All with a straight face! :lol:

For a bonus, keep an eye out for a few ‘below the knees’ pulled out of nowhere in the last, and Billings being allowed to kick the ball into the forward line from the second row in the stands! :D

All posters are equal, but some posters are more equal than others.
CURLY
Saintsational Legend

Ryan’s was a push and that action in a marking contest is illegal.

Wilkie slight tug of Cripps was there as stated. The problem is that it happened plenty of times and it was ignored. Prime example Hill on the wing when he had open space ignored.

Billing’s was in video showed it was just in.

Kennedy’s was a free they missed the one a minute later against StKilda for below the knees with 1 minute to go.

NO IFS OR BUTS HARVS IS KING OF THE AFL
derby Street
Club Player

The_Dud wrote: Sat 10 Apr 2021 11:17pm

No way that was a free.

That win will cause you to have a sleepless night Dudley - better hide the sharp knives as well. Oh well you can only hope for a loss next week.
Ryan phantom push a clear free but Wilkies blatant and obvious pull and stretch of Cripps’ jumper should be play on!

For a bonus, keep an eye out for a few ‘below the knees’ pulled out of nowhere in the last, and Billings being allowed to kick the ball into the forward line from the second row in the stands! :D

The_Dud
Saintsational Legend

derby Street wrote: Sat 10 Apr 2021 11:28pm
The_Dud wrote: Sat 10 Apr 2021 11:17pm

No way that was a free.

That win will cause you to have a sleepless night Dudley - better hide the sharp knives as well. Oh well you can only hope for a loss next week.

Whoopsie, wanna take another run at that one champ?

:D

All posters are equal, but some posters are more equal than others.
The Fireman
Saintsational Legend

we've all seen the "Glad I was wrong " post
You have no idea how glad I am atm.... they have now instilled a long lost confidence in the fans and themselves.

I'm open to any flack for my neg posts... in my defence..I rarely get it right.

Teflon
Saintsational Legend

The Fireman wrote: Sat 10 Apr 2021 11:57pm we've all seen the "Glad I was wrong " post
You have no idea how glad I am atm.... they have now instilled a long lost confidence in the fans and themselves.

Mate for the cr@p they were dishing up you were absolutely correct to ask the question - after last week think all of us were so no need to apologise for that.

Great win but I’m under no illusions as to where we are and that’s still some way off top 4 - we don’t have the quality finishers of top sides and evidenced tonight by how hard we have to work to get a score!!
Regardless I expect effort every week and we got that today and you’ve got to be happy with that.
Next trade period I would love to snag a mid whose ball use and composure is spot on ....Merret might be nice.

“Yeah….nah””
The Fireman
Saintsational Legend

Teflon wrote: Sun 11 Apr 2021 12:07am
The Fireman wrote: Sat 10 Apr 2021 11:57pm we've all seen the "Glad I was wrong " post

Mate for the cr@p they were dishing up you were absolutely correct to ask the question - after last week think all of us were so no need to apologise for that.

Great win but I’m under no illusions as to where we are and that’s still some way off top 4 - we don’t have the quality finishers of top sides and evidenced tonight by how hard we have to work to get a score!!
Regardless I expect effort every week and we got that today and you’ve got to be happy with that.
Next trade period I would love to snag a mid whose ball use and composure is spot on ....Merret might be nice.
:wink:

Jacks Back
Saintsational Legend

It's great that another side played us into form for once.

As ex-president Peter Summers said:
“If we are going to be a contender, we may as well plan to win the bloody thing.”

St Kilda - At least we have a Crest!
SaintPav
Saintsational Legend

They folded but that was because of our pressure which they were not willing to or could not match.

Cripps was moved on to the ball. That tells me everything.

Holder of unacceptable views and other thought crimes.
bangaulegend
SS Hall of Fame

The Fireman wrote: Sun 11 Apr 2021 12:20am
Teflon wrote: Sun 11 Apr 2021 12:07am

:wink:
Guilty as but I was so happy to see the boys restore some faith into us fickle bastards who aren't satisfied by 1 premiership in over 100 years :wink: but in a was a win for the ages & trust me I have not had a call or message from a single West Coast supporter a few Fremantle but not 1 from the chardonnay sipping were on track for another flag again this year supporter & the silence is deafening just the way I like it

ace
Saintsational Legend

Crouch 12 tackles,
Is that what you call "team defence" Mr Nicks.
“grab your bag, put your shoes in it and walk out” said Adelaide idiot Matthew Nicks and Crouch did.
2 minute mark this video

The more you know, the more you know you don't know.
When I was a young child, I knew that I knew so much about so much.
Now that I am old and know so much more, I know that I know so much about so little, and so little about so much.
The Fireman
Saintsational Legend

watched the game again..the biggest change from the previous 2 games was the intensity.. if they can bring that intensity for the rest of the season I'll be happy win lose or draw.

saynta
Saintsational Legend

No way that was a free.
We can agree to disagree. Clear free to Webster for an illegal action by the toaster whose name escapes me.. Ryan wasn't it?

The Fireman
Saintsational Legend

saynta wrote: Sun 11 Apr 2021 4:22pm

No way that was a free.
We can agree to disagree. Clear free to Webster for an illegal action by the toaster whose name escapes me.. Ryan wasn't it?
agree with joff

Scollop
Saintsational Legend

I think we all agree that most umps make some shocking decisions from time to time.

I am not a fan of the ump with the number 12 on his back. I don't like umpire number 15 or number 2 and number 34 is the worst

https://aflua.com.au/umpires/shirt-numbers/