50 against Marshall

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

saynta
Saintsational Legend

Re: 50 against Marshall

The_Dud wrote: Sun 11 Apr 2021 8:55pm
saynta wrote: Sun 11 Apr 2021 8:34pm
The_Dud wrote: Sun 11 Apr 2021 8:26pm
Sainter_Dad wrote: Sun 11 Apr 2021 8:08pm
The_Dud wrote: Sun 11 Apr 2021 6:32pm
Sainter_Dad wrote: Sun 11 Apr 2021 5:50pm
therabbitinthehat wrote: Sun 11 Apr 2021 5:29pm
saynta wrote: Sun 11 Apr 2021 5:24pm
The_Dud wrote: Sun 11 Apr 2021 5:08pm Yep, that was another little gift from the umps in the last quarter :)
What, you saying a player can run as far as he wants without bouncing the ball, and if a maggot pings him it's a gift. f***, you really don't know the rules do you?
I think he was implying giving the kick to King instead of Crouch was the gift
No - you are wrong - go and stand in the corner and wallow in your wrongness - to "The_Dud" every free against St Kilda is warranted - every one to St Kilda is a gift
No, you’re thinking of Curly but in reverse. :)

I’m actually clever enough to realise that some go your way and some don’t, and over time it all evens itself out.

And then some genuine argued the Wilkie blatant jumper pull of Cripps was a wrong decision. Yes, people are that clueless.

Where do you stand?

:)
I am sorry if I have mistaken which side of the fence you stand - but in truth you both blend into this annoying buzz during the the Match Thread

I used to Umpire at a lower level - Umpires have their days some good some bad - but railing against the Umpiring is like shouting at the Wind - you should be good enough to negate their bad days - having said that - I am as St Kilda biased as the next person. Umpiring can change a game - but if you are good enough you will still overcome

Also - I am a fan of consistent umpiring - which I feel we have not had since multiple umpires were introduced as each will see an event differently - I would rather that frees are missed completely due to a single umpire not being able to cover the ground than a holding free at one end being paid as an incorrect disposal at the other

Also,also - I know that Umpire Interpretation is an evil concept - but I would rather that an umpire call for 'dangerous tackle' rather than too high - if it is a touch on the shoulder that does not impede - then it should not be a free to Mr Selwood. If you touch a player but they recover to still compete for the ball - nothing to see here
Yes I agree there should be little to no umpire talk in the match thread.

I would also prefer the umps let more go, like they generally do in finals, makes for a better game.

But then some expect every ticky-tack free to go our way and basic assault against our opposition to not be paid, it’s laughable!
What's laughable is your boring defence of f****** wrong maggot decisions and your recent attempts to stifle free speech in match threads . :roll:

Let's not forget that the forum boss has only put two posters on notice with a ban threat for certain argumentive posts in the match thread, one of which is you.
Haha, I love how Boomers think ‘free speech’ means no one is allowed to call them out on their crap :D
🤭🤭
I'm not a boomer and the only one that is talking crap about maggots around here is you.🖕🖕

Viking3
Club Player

Tigers players were doing star jumps the other night whilst manning the mark. Not one 50 paid.

Give me one flag & I'll go to my grave a happy man.
Life Long Saint
Saintsational Legend

Viking3 wrote: Sun 11 Apr 2021 10:28pm Tigers players were doing star jumps the other night whilst manning the mark. Not one 50 paid.
You are allowed to jump on the spot.
You can't move forward, backwards, or sideways.

The one against Marshall was a joke.