Weak as piss.

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

asiu
Saintsational Legend

Re: Weak as piss.

yes

i’m not sure that ‘hope’ is a positive
for the embattled trauma victim

up there with that other classic ... ‘be lie (ve)’

the ETV
probably does best
by ‘seeing’
things as they actually are

than how they could or should be

st kilda should therefore
STOP SELLING HOPE

and sell reality

(might be 45k members short of where we are now
but ... at least it will be honest)

.name the ways , thought manipulates the State of Presence away.

.tipara waranta kani nina-tu.
The_Dud
Saintsational Legend

CQ SAINT wrote: Sun 11 Apr 2021 12:54am
SaintPav wrote: Sun 11 Apr 2021 12:39am
The_Dud wrote: Sat 10 Apr 2021 9:00pm
CQ SAINT wrote: Sat 10 Apr 2021 8:56pm
The_Dud wrote: Sat 10 Apr 2021 8:49pm
CQ SAINT wrote: Sat 10 Apr 2021 8:44pm
The_Dud wrote: Sat 10 Apr 2021 8:42pm
CQ SAINT wrote: Sat 10 Apr 2021 8:31pm
The_Dud wrote: Sat 10 Apr 2021 8:29pm Was that the same effort you saw in the previous two weeks?
Couldn't find your dummy? Just chew on your nails.
Had nearly as many tackles in the last quarter tonight as the whole game last week.

Yep, absolutely same level of effort 👍
f*** you're boring but unlike the Saints, you are at least boringly consistent.
Nice job arguing your point 👍
My point is just that many of our 'supporters' are as week as piss. I dont have to make a point, I made a post. I'm.just waiting for you all to identify yourself, just for the record.
Our last two weeks were pathetic and deserved to be called out. Was done internally as well. Supporters should criticise when appropriate, doesn’t mean they’re not still supporting the team.
I think this is a fair point.

Much much better today.
my focus is not the team in this thread. this is purely a thread focussed on our forum and some of the embarrassing statements made by posters about their allegiance to the club in the last 2 weeks. They know who they are. If its ok to call out players and coaches, then it goes both ways.

Dud doesn't strike me as emotional, neither is he over critical, he just seems to be here a lot and constantly having some sort of issue or argument, usually with Curly. I dont wanna discuss this weeks game or last weeks game. So I avoided his point. This isn't about that. Its purely a measure of Strength Through Loyalty.
I have issues or arguments? Maybe go back a re-read this thread brother. Don’t think I’ve ever started a thread to try troll and insult the whole forum. And yes I call Curly out on his sh*t (as do many others), because he deserves it. He is the worst kind of supporter, not the people you’re having a go at here.

I posted a genuine question to your opening post and you got right on the attack. Also I never said in the last few weeks I was ‘out’ or anything like that, just correctly criticised the clubs performance, which almost everyone externally and internally did also.

I think it’s time to take the L on this one CQ.

All posters are equal, but some posters are more equal than others.
asiu
Saintsational Legend

can i just throw in the mix
before i eff off ‘n do some shite

the ‘real’ below the knees thread (imo)
over the last week
was the death of GWS as a footballing entity

like ... ???

how many clubs have less premierships than us

support them ya muppets
ffs

.name the ways , thought manipulates the State of Presence away.

.tipara waranta kani nina-tu.
saynta
Saintsational Legend

CQ SAINT wrote: Sat 10 Apr 2021 10:56pm Next week, I will re-do the 'I'm done' thread for those who aren't ready to return yet. Just for balance.
:roll:

saynta
Saintsational Legend

The Fireman wrote: Sat 10 Apr 2021 11:53pm I now have another wanker on my list
:lol: :lol:

saynta
Saintsational Legend

Beno88 wrote: Sun 11 Apr 2021 9:00am
CQ SAINT wrote: Sun 11 Apr 2021 1:05am
Beno88 wrote: Sat 10 Apr 2021 8:56pm Responding a week late to something that should have never happened. Great win but the original post is absolutely pathetic.
by Beno88
Sat 03 Apr 2021 5:47pm
Forum: Saintsational Fan Forum (open to all ages)
Topic: I’m done
Replies: 87
Views: 2585
Re: I’m done
Same. 37 years old, 32 years a member. I’m out. I don’t need this s*** in my life.

Pathetic you say? Hmmmm, OK!

Oh, welcome back too. Just saying.
Wow, you’re that desperate.

I stand by my comments. I’ve gone every week for three decades. Like most of us, I get heavily, emotionally invested. Last week scarred me. It falls in bucket with Port 2017, Hawthorn 99, Fitzroy 95. I’m used to having our hopes destroyed, but when there’s zero effort, I can’t cop that. I’ve never taken time away from Saints games, but for my own mental health (and to the delight of my family) I’m sitting out for a few weeks. I’m as thrilled as anyone that we responded yesterday, but it doesn’t erase two of the most insipid efforts I’ve ever seen from this club.

At half time yesterday, our last 18 quarters read...
LLLLLWLWLLLLLLLLLL

Two W’s to follow is great, and let’s hope it’s the start of the form we’d hoped for, but it doesn’t change the fact that we are (based on recent form) seriously underperforming.
Damn, and I thought we won the GWS game. My bad. :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll:

Beno88
SS Hall of Fame

saynta wrote: Sun 11 Apr 2021 12:03pm
Beno88 wrote: Sat 10 Apr 2021 8:56pm Responding a week late to something that should have never happened. Great win but the original post is absolutely pathetic.
by Beno88
Same. 37 years old, 32 years a member. I’m out. I don’t need this s*** in my life.

I stand by my comments. I’ve gone every week for three decades. Like most of us, I get heavily, emotionally invested. Last week scarred me. It falls in bucket with Port 2017, Hawthorn 99, Fitzroy 95. I’m used to having our hopes destroyed, but when there’s zero effort, I can’t cop that. I’ve never taken time away from Saints games, but for my own mental health (and to the delight of my family) I’m sitting out for a few weeks. I’m as thrilled as anyone that we responded yesterday, but it doesn’t erase two of the most insipid efforts I’ve ever seen from this club.

LLLLLWLWLLLLLLLLLL

Two W’s to follow is great, and let’s hope it’s the start of the form we’d hoped for, but it doesn’t change the fact that we are (based on recent form) seriously underperforming.
Where did I suggest we didn’t?

saynta
Saintsational Legend

Beno88 wrote: Sun 11 Apr 2021 9:58pm
by Beno88

LLLLLWLWLLLLLLLLLL

Your L v W stat's. You have us losing our first 5 quarters.

Beno88
SS Hall of Fame

saynta wrote: Sun 11 Apr 2021 10:05pm
by Beno88

LLLLLWLWLLLLLLLLLL

All four vs Richmond in the Semi Final.
First quarter vs GWS in Round 1.

Never said it was 2021 specific, just our last five matches.

saynta
Saintsational Legend

Beno88 wrote: Sun 11 Apr 2021 10:11pm
saynta wrote: Sun 11 Apr 2021 10:05pm
by Beno88

LLLLLWLWLLLLLLLLLL

All four vs Richmond in the Semi Final.
First quarter vs GWS in Round 1.

Never said it was 2021 specific, just our last five matches.
OK My bad. Pretty damning Stats then.

Joffa Burns
Saintsational Legend

I spat the dummy last week after that pathetic, pea hearted performance and will do so again if it happens next week.

I was very pleasantly surprised yesterday but like the shocker one good performance does not mean the team will provide that effort consistently.

If that makes me weak as piss, well so be it.
In fact if you are organizing a committee for the weak as piss brigade perhaps I could serve as the inaugural president?

I can make banners “Weak as piss & proud of it”

Personally I always thought piss got a bad deal in this phrase. I could name many liquid substances that I would deem weaker than piss.

I drink at least three liters of water a day so yes my piss is relatively clear & weaker than say the heavily wooded Chardonnay looking piss you see spread over a white toilet seat at some venues.

Is there variations of the weakness of piss?
For example the loss to Melbourne was as weak as normal piss but the Essendon debacle was more like a dehydrated asparagus type piss.

Nonetheless I’m putting my hand up as part of the Saintsational weak as piss team.

Proudly assuming the title of forum Oracle and serving as the inaugural Saintsational ‘weak as piss brigade’ President.
Joffa Burns
Saintsational Legend

I spat the dummy last week after that pathetic, pea hearted performance and will do so again if it happens next week.

I was very pleasantly surprised yesterday but like the shocker one good performance does not mean the team will provide that effort consistently.

In fact if you are organizing a committee for the weak as piss brigade perhaps I could serve as the inaugural president?

Personally I always thought piss got a bad deal in this phrase. I could name many liquid substances that I would deem weaker than piss.

I drink at least three liters of water a day so yes my piss is relatively clear & weaker than say the heavily wooded Chardonnay looking piss you see spread over a white toilet seat at some venues.

For example the loss to Melbourne was as weak as normal piss but the Essendon debacle was more like a dehydrated asparagus type piss.

Nonetheless I’m putting my hand up as part of the Saintsational weak as piss team.

Proudly assuming the title of forum Oracle and serving as the inaugural Saintsational ‘weak as piss brigade’ President.
roskilde
SS Hall of Fame

Joffa Burns wrote: Sun 11 Apr 2021 10:21pm I spat the dummy last week after that pathetic, pea hearted performance and will do so again if it happens next week.

You're already the forum Oracle but now you're putting your hand up as chief analysist of micturition.

You're just showing off now, mate.

This was my father's belief
And this is also mine:
Let the corn be all one sheaf--
And the grapes be all one vine,
Ere our children's teeth are set on edge
By bitter bread and wine.
saynta
Saintsational Legend

I don't venture into women's toilets so can't confirm or deny the colour of piss on toilet seats.

Teflon
Saintsational Legend

saynta wrote: Sun 11 Apr 2021 10:40pm I don't venture into women's toilets so can't confirm or deny the colour of piss on toilet seats.
Do not tell lies!

“Yeah….nah””
The_Dud
Saintsational Legend

saynta wrote: Sun 11 Apr 2021 10:40pm I don't venture into women's toilets so can't confirm or deny the colour of piss on toilet seats.
Maybe just take a quick peek in your Depends next time you change them :lol:

saynta
Saintsational Legend

The_Dud wrote: Mon 12 Apr 2021 1:09am
Don't worry Chuck your secret is safe with me. Frankly I didn't have a clue what Depends were before your post. :wink: :wink: :wink:

The Fireman
Saintsational Legend

st.byron wrote: Sun 11 Apr 2021 9:57am
CQ SAINT wrote: Sun 11 Apr 2021 9:30am
st.byron wrote: Sun 11 Apr 2021 9:06am
CQ SAINT wrote: Sun 11 Apr 2021 1:33am
I am not a mediator or placing myself on any kind of pedestal.
It was very much an “I’m a real supporter and you lot aren’t” OP.
I suppose you are right. Without saying much about my own behaviour at all, I did make a few people look like dummies sucking babies, that's ok, those supporters are welcome. Its just really about owning what you say.
The OP reflects your own attitude, which is a judgement about the way other people responded to one of the most piss poor efforts we’ve witnessed, some of us in more than fifty years of being a supporter. I read it as superior and a bit nasty. You keep saying you’re bringing people back ‘into the fold’, but I didn’t see anything inclusive at all in your OP. It was a surprise, because I would say you’re generally very balanced and well respected on here.
But I reserve the right to disengage for some time when that allegiance becomes untenable, for whatever reason.
Well said StByron , it sums up just how poor this thread is
the author has made a real goose of himself here.
Instead of admitting a drunken splurge has unsuccessfully tried to dig himself out .

"on that list."

CQ SAINT
Saintsational Legend

The Fireman wrote: Mon 12 Apr 2021 9:52am
I suppose you are right. Without saying much about my own behaviour at all, I did make a few people look like dummies sucking babies, that's ok, those supporters are welcome. Its just really about owning what you say.
The OP reflects your own attitude, which is a judgement about the way other people responded to one of the most piss poor efforts we’ve witnessed, some of us in more than fifty years of being a supporter. I read it as superior and a bit nasty. You keep saying you’re bringing people back ‘into the fold’, but I didn’t see anything inclusive at all in your OP. It was a surprise, because I would say you’re generally very balanced and well respected on here.
But I reserve the right to disengage for some time when that allegiance becomes untenable, for whatever reason.
Instead of admitting a drunken splurge has unsuccessfully tried to dig himself out .

"on that list."
This is how this forums work.

Some guy titles his thread as 'Im done', He tells us how great his life is normally and how his choice to support losers like St.Kilda is bringing him down, so he is done. Those attracted to this, commented.

My title was 'weak as piss'. I mentioned picking up your dummies and getting back on board, those attracted to this commented.

Simple really, when you take all the emotional dribble out. Those who were done, who actually quit reading the forum and supporting or ridiculing the club, can't possibly be offended by my post.

That leaves me with those who needed to reaffirm their connection to the forum and the club, even after 50+ years off support.

If you chose to comment here, that is on you.

Except the Fireman, who saw an opportunity to save the day, and Joffa, clearly a connoisseur of piss and very happy with his taste for piss.
And possibly you St.Byron, you seem to want to bring rationale into this thread. Why, I will never understand.

The tendency for people to normalise deviant behaviour on this forum, behaviour that is widely accepted as unacceptable, is exactly what this forum is for.

Whether I was drunk or not, and I wasn't, I was providing an example of an excuse for my behaviour, similar to the rationale for imploding into self pity because my team lost badly to a team I thought they should beat.

How spectacularly that reversed a week later was beautiful. So beautiful I couldn't help commenting.

I just think that if you are done, you are done. If you spit the dummy, you spit the dummy. The emotional diatribe that results is just pathetic or need I say it, as weak as piss.

The_Dud
Saintsational Legend

saynta wrote: Mon 12 Apr 2021 9:12am
Don't worry Chuck your secret is safe with me. Frankly I didn't have a clue what Depends were before your post. :wink: :wink: :wink:
Oh dear, having to use the off-brand ones are you? Sorry, didn't realise things were so tight at the moment in the saynta household!

Thoughts and prayers.

:D

saynta
Saintsational Legend

The_Dud wrote: Mon 12 Apr 2021 11:27am
saynta wrote: Mon 12 Apr 2021 9:12am
Oh dear, having to use the off-brand ones are you? Sorry, didn't realise things were so tight at the moment in the saynta household!

Thoughts and prayers.

:D
Legitimate question. Is it wrong in the wokness age to pray for someone to die and go to hell? :wink: :wink: :wink:

shadrock
Club Player

CQ SAINT wrote: Sat 10 Apr 2021 10:14pm
Yorkeys wrote: Sat 10 Apr 2021 10:07pm Mean spirited OP when we should be together in a euphoric win. Perhaps some of the PM's empathy training is in order, then it is possible to see the difference between passionate disappointment in a club loved unconditionally and being piss weak. Mate we wouldn't have followed the club fiercely for scores of years if we were/are weak. I thought this was a safe space to share insecurities/frustrations. I guess its time to man up and express no doubts, ever. Honestly though, and as piss weak as it was, I was seriously concerned well into the third quarter. Should have stuck fat; touché oh wise one. Again, it was a wonderful unexpected thing of beauty. Ratts should be coach of the year based on tonight alone. Game 1 was pretty good too, of course.
I am bringing you all back into a euphoric win. Welcome. Welcome back. Your insecurities are not safe here though, we may lose again.
Stfu with your low iq garbage. Nobody cares about your opinion.

Scollop
Saintsational Legend

I’m not weak as piss, but I can see where Yorkeys was comin’ from.

I’m gonna back the underdog and bet on the Saints to win against Tigers with my hard earned.

What are we paying in the Head to Head markets

st.byron
Saintsational Legend

CQ SAINT wrote: Mon 12 Apr 2021 11:08am

"on that list."

Some guy titles his thread as 'Im done', He tells us how great his life is normally and how his choice to support losers like St.Kilda is bringing him down, so he is done. Those attracted to this, commented.

My title was 'weak as piss'. I mentioned picking up your dummies and getting back on board, those attracted to this commented.

Simple really, when you take all the emotional dribble out. Those who were done, who actually quit reading the forum and supporting or ridiculing the club, can't possibly be offended by my post.

That leaves me with those who needed to reaffirm their connection to the forum and the club, even after 50+ years off support.

Except the Fireman, who saw an opportunity to save the day, and Joffa, clearly a connoisseur of piss and very happy with his taste for piss.
And possibly you St.Byron, you seem to want to bring rationale into this thread. Why, I will never understand.

The tendency for people to normalise deviant behaviour on this forum, behaviour that is widely accepted as unacceptable, is exactly what this forum is for.

Whether I was drunk or not, and I wasn't, I was providing an example of an excuse for my behaviour, similar to the rationale for imploding into self pity because my team lost badly to a team I thought they should beat.

How spectacularly that reversed a week later was beautiful. So beautiful I couldn't help commenting.

I just think that if you are done, you are done. If you spit the dummy, you spit the dummy. The emotional diatribe that results is just pathetic or need I say it, as weak as piss.
I see what you mean about bringing people back coz they never really left. If I was really done I wouldn’t still be commenting. Which is something I amentioned in the ‘I’m Done’ thread. So you’re right in saying this thread provokes those who said they’re done to unsay it. All good with that.

Don’t agree though that “emotional diatribes” about gut wrenching losses are pathetic or weak as piss. You also refer to “emotional dribble” and “imploding into self pity”. That’s a s*** load of judgement about how people process their footy ups and downs, which are tribal and passionate at their core. Why is an emotional response pathetic or dribble or weak as piss? Why is that?

HarryM
Club Player

CQ SAINT wrote: Mon 12 Apr 2021 11:08am

"on that list."

Well let's hope you're done, because your diatribe is starting to get bloody boring. :roll: