Weak as piss.

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

saynta
Saintsational Legend

Re: Weak as piss.

HarryM wrote: Mon 12 Apr 2021 5:54pm
CQ SAINT wrote: Mon 12 Apr 2021 11:08am
The Fireman wrote: Mon 12 Apr 2021 9:52am
st.byron wrote: Sun 11 Apr 2021 9:57am
CQ SAINT wrote: Sun 11 Apr 2021 9:30am
st.byron wrote: Sun 11 Apr 2021 9:06am
CQ SAINT wrote: Sun 11 Apr 2021 1:33am
I am not a mediator or placing myself on any kind of pedestal.
It was very much an “I’m a real supporter and you lot aren’t” OP.
I suppose you are right. Without saying much about my own behaviour at all, I did make a few people look like dummies sucking babies, that's ok, those supporters are welcome. Its just really about owning what you say.
The OP reflects your own attitude, which is a judgement about the way other people responded to one of the most piss poor efforts we’ve witnessed, some of us in more than fifty years of being a supporter. I read it as superior and a bit nasty. You keep saying you’re bringing people back ‘into the fold’, but I didn’t see anything inclusive at all in your OP. It was a surprise, because I would say you’re generally very balanced and well respected on here.
But I reserve the right to disengage for some time when that allegiance becomes untenable, for whatever reason.
Well said StByron , it sums up just how poor this thread is
the author has made a real goose of himself here.
Instead of admitting a drunken splurge has unsuccessfully tried to dig himself out .

"on that list."
This is how this forums work.

Some guy titles his thread as 'Im done', He tells us how great his life is normally and how his choice to support losers like St.Kilda is bringing him down, so he is done. Those attracted to this, commented.

My title was 'weak as piss'. I mentioned picking up your dummies and getting back on board, those attracted to this commented.

Simple really, when you take all the emotional dribble out. Those who were done, who actually quit reading the forum and supporting or ridiculing the club, can't possibly be offended by my post.

That leaves me with those who needed to reaffirm their connection to the forum and the club, even after 50+ years off support.

If you chose to comment here, that is on you.

Except the Fireman, who saw an opportunity to save the day, and Joffa, clearly a connoisseur of piss and very happy with his taste for piss.
And possibly you St.Byron, you seem to want to bring rationale into this thread. Why, I will never understand.

The tendency for people to normalise deviant behaviour on this forum, behaviour that is widely accepted as unacceptable, is exactly what this forum is for.

Whether I was drunk or not, and I wasn't, I was providing an example of an excuse for my behaviour, similar to the rationale for imploding into self pity because my team lost badly to a team I thought they should beat.

How spectacularly that reversed a week later was beautiful. So beautiful I couldn't help commenting.

I just think that if you are done, you are done. If you spit the dummy, you spit the dummy. The emotional diatribe that results is just pathetic or need I say it, as weak as piss.
Well let's hope you're done, because your diatribe is starting to get bloody boring. :roll:
As always, love your work Harry. :wink: :lol: 8-)

CQ SAINT
Saintsational Legend

st.byron wrote: Mon 12 Apr 2021 3:02pm
I suppose you are right. Without saying much about my own behaviour at all, I did make a few people look like dummies sucking babies, that's ok, those supporters are welcome. Its just really about owning what you say.
The OP reflects your own attitude, which is a judgement about the way other people responded to one of the most piss poor efforts we’ve witnessed, some of us in more than fifty years of being a supporter. I read it as superior and a bit nasty. You keep saying you’re bringing people back ‘into the fold’, but I didn’t see anything inclusive at all in your OP. It was a surprise, because I would say you’re generally very balanced and well respected on here.
But I reserve the right to disengage for some time when that allegiance becomes untenable, for whatever reason.
Instead of admitting a drunken splurge has unsuccessfully tried to dig himself out .

"on that list."

Some guy titles his thread as 'Im done', He tells us how great his life is normally and how his choice to support losers like St.Kilda is bringing him down, so he is done. Those attracted to this, commented.

My title was 'weak as piss'. I mentioned picking up your dummies and getting back on board, those attracted to this commented.

Simple really, when you take all the emotional dribble out. Those who were done, who actually quit reading the forum and supporting or ridiculing the club, can't possibly be offended by my post.

That leaves me with those who needed to reaffirm their connection to the forum and the club, even after 50+ years off support.

Except the Fireman, who saw an opportunity to save the day, and Joffa, clearly a connoisseur of piss and very happy with his taste for piss.
And possibly you St.Byron, you seem to want to bring rationale into this thread. Why, I will never understand.

The tendency for people to normalise deviant behaviour on this forum, behaviour that is widely accepted as unacceptable, is exactly what this forum is for.

Whether I was drunk or not, and I wasn't, I was providing an example of an excuse for my behaviour, similar to the rationale for imploding into self pity because my team lost badly to a team I thought they should beat.

How spectacularly that reversed a week later was beautiful. So beautiful I couldn't help commenting.

I just think that if you are done, you are done. If you spit the dummy, you spit the dummy. The emotional diatribe that results is just pathetic or need I say it, as weak as piss.
I see what you mean about bringing people back coz they never really left. If I was really done I wouldn’t still be commenting. Which is something I amentioned in the ‘I’m Done’ thread. So you’re right in saying this thread provokes those who said they’re done to unsay it. All good with that.

Don’t agree though that “emotional diatribes” about gut wrenching losses are pathetic or weak as piss. You also refer to “emotional dribble” and “imploding into self pity”. That’s a s*** load of judgement about how people process their footy ups and downs, which are tribal and passionate at their core. Why is an emotional response pathetic or dribble or weak as piss? Why is that?
How this last 3 weeks, even the last 14 months, has played out has been fantastic. I'm 45 years a supporter and member. I've led my children and grandchildren into this. I've seen a lot worse. I'm not alone there. In context, I'm even happier with the club now, than I was pre-season.
Why others feel the need to obsess about 2 losses, 3 games in, with several good players out and a team full of 20-60 game players a few fresh players and massive chunks of our ongoing structure missing or underdeveloped I cannot understand.
Emotional diatribe, self pity, weak as piss, pathetic and dribble are just words which explain how I interpreted a lot of what I read.
If you are offended, that's terrible. I'm sorry you feel that way. I'm not sorry I said it.
Forget me, I've been called insensitive before.
How are you feeling about the club, the worth of your membership, the coaching and the players efforts now? Please don't refer to your expectations or hopes.
If you can express it, using Ratts leadership as a starting point, how would you describe the last 14 months?

CQ SAINT
Saintsational Legend

HarryM wrote: Mon 12 Apr 2021 5:54pm

"on that list."

Well let's hope you're done, because your diatribe is starting to get bloody boring. :roll:
I agree, this started as fun. It has now become a bit tedious. Im sorry you didn't enjoy the read. I like to respond to all comments out of respect. It should be over soon or it could take a massive spike on Thursday. I'm not sure.

CQ SAINT
Saintsational Legend

The_Dud wrote: Sun 11 Apr 2021 11:08am
CQ SAINT wrote: Sun 11 Apr 2021 12:54am
SaintPav wrote: Sun 11 Apr 2021 12:39am
The_Dud wrote: Sat 10 Apr 2021 9:00pm
CQ SAINT wrote: Sat 10 Apr 2021 8:56pm
The_Dud wrote: Sat 10 Apr 2021 8:49pm
CQ SAINT wrote: Sat 10 Apr 2021 8:44pm
The_Dud wrote: Sat 10 Apr 2021 8:42pm
CQ SAINT wrote: Sat 10 Apr 2021 8:31pm
The_Dud wrote: Sat 10 Apr 2021 8:29pm Was that the same effort you saw in the previous two weeks?
Couldn't find your dummy? Just chew on your nails.
Had nearly as many tackles in the last quarter tonight as the whole game last week.

Yep, absolutely same level of effort 👍
f*** you're boring but unlike the Saints, you are at least boringly consistent.
Nice job arguing your point 👍
My point is just that many of our 'supporters' are as week as piss. I dont have to make a point, I made a post. I'm.just waiting for you all to identify yourself, just for the record.
Our last two weeks were pathetic and deserved to be called out. Was done internally as well. Supporters should criticise when appropriate, doesn’t mean they’re not still supporting the team.
I think this is a fair point.

Much much better today.
my focus is not the team in this thread. this is purely a thread focussed on our forum and some of the embarrassing statements made by posters about their allegiance to the club in the last 2 weeks. They know who they are. If its ok to call out players and coaches, then it goes both ways.

Dud doesn't strike me as emotional, neither is he over critical, he just seems to be here a lot and constantly having some sort of issue or argument, usually with Curly. I dont wanna discuss this weeks game or last weeks game. So I avoided his point. This isn't about that. Its purely a measure of Strength Through Loyalty.
I have issues or arguments? Maybe go back a re-read this thread brother. Don’t think I’ve ever started a thread to try troll and insult the whole forum. And yes I call Curly out on his sh*t (as do many others), because he deserves it. He is the worst kind of supporter, not the people you’re having a go at here.

I posted a genuine question to your opening post and you got right on the attack. Also I never said in the last few weeks I was ‘out’ or anything like that, just correctly criticised the clubs performance, which almost everyone externally and internally did also.

I think it’s time to take the L on this one CQ.
You're question had nothing to do with my OP.
It wasn't a a dummy spit. You wanted to debate the players efforts. I wanted to call out all the dummy spitters.
I dont care why people spit their dummies, regret their memberships, decide they are done and go on about how good their life would be without the s*** St.Kilda put them through. Who really gives a f***. Does anyone think we don't all understand.
Curly's attacks on the umpires upset me much less. I didn't troll anyone by name, I expected them to offer up their identity and I was happy to call them out and see how they felt this week.
I liked the repost you made about Savage, MacKenzie and the Pelican. No, you don't troll, do you? Lol. What was that about.
I dont care how many people got upset last week, I didn't do anything too them.
Here my take:
The effort in week 2 , wasnt as good as Melbourne's, neither was the team we took in.
The effort against Essendon was appalling, near on non -existent. Still I didn't feel a need to carry on like the world was ending.
The effort against West Coast was magnificent.
I felt complete vindicated in my opinion, that lots of people on here lost their s*** over a game of football, which in context with all the positive that has happened at the club in 2 years, really surprised me. No L here brother, I am sorry, I just don't see it.

The Fireman
Saintsational Legend

The shovel is getting worn out

CQ SAINT
Saintsational Legend

asiu wrote: Sun 11 Apr 2021 10:21am yes

i’m not sure that ‘hope’ is a positive
for the embattled trauma victim

up there with that other classic ... ‘be lie (ve)’

the ETV
probably does best
by ‘seeing’
things as they actually are

than how they could or should be

st kilda should therefore
STOP SELLING HOPE

and sell reality

(might be 45k members short of where we are now
but ... at least it will be honest)
I've only ever bought memberships with faith, never in hope.
Hope speaks of expectations and desire, faith lives in the now and an undying belief in my belonging to the club, no matter what.

CQ SAINT
Saintsational Legend

The Fireman wrote: Mon 12 Apr 2021 10:21pm The shovel is getting worn out
Get your hose out then.

saynta
Saintsational Legend

How f****** boring. Time to put this thread to bed.

CQ SAINT
Saintsational Legend

saynta wrote: Tue 13 Apr 2021 10:38am How f****** boring. Time to put this thread to bed.
I agree, the real action is over in the 'Im done' thread where they are serving snacks and entertainment via Saynta and Teflon.

saynta
Saintsational Legend

CQ SAINT wrote: Tue 13 Apr 2021 10:45am
saynta wrote: Tue 13 Apr 2021 10:38am How f****** boring. Time to put this thread to bed.
I agree, the real action is over in the 'Im done' thread where they are serving snacks and entertainment via Saynta and Teflon.
:roll: Yeah well, I guess there are creeps on more than one thread.

CQ SAINT
Saintsational Legend

saynta wrote: Tue 13 Apr 2021 11:03am
CQ SAINT wrote: Tue 13 Apr 2021 10:45am
:roll: Yeah well, I guess there are creeps on more than one thread.
Yeah 🙄

asiu
Saintsational Legend

best ‘we’ not lose again then

this winning stuff is a tad divisive

(only @stkilda)

.name the ways , thought manipulates the State of Presence away.

.tipara waranta kani nina-tu.
asiu
Saintsational Legend

:P is that a Russell-Zermelo paradox ?

Pav ?

st.byron
Saintsational Legend

True. Threads are much better when we just adopt a right and wrong approach and insult anyone else who doesn’t agree. Then we also get to post wink emojis in response to those who agree with us. Like we’re part of the crowd who really know what’s going on.
Best we don’t discuss anything or seek to understand each other. Polemics are much more certain and righteous.

saynta
Saintsational Legend

st.byron wrote: Tue 13 Apr 2021 1:17pm
True. Threads are much better when we just adopt a right and wrong approach and insult anyone else who doesn’t agree. Then we also get to post wink emojis in response to those who agree with us. Like we’re part of the crowd who really know what’s going on.
Best we don’t discuss anything or seek to understand each other. Polemics are much more certain and righteous.
Well at least some of us know what's going on or at least think they do while others including the OP just insult posters then spend the next week trying to justify their crappy post.

And you never intentional insult anyone. What a f****** joke. Guess you didn't mean your quoted post to be insulting. What utter bulls***. :roll: :roll:

For my part I gave up trying to understand anyone on this forum before the turn of the century and these days I don't give a tuppenny f***. Don't like my posts? Then don't f****** read them.

The Fireman
Saintsational Legend

This place is gradually becoming more unfriendly..threads like this are the main cause I believe.

HarryM
Club Player

What a load of condescending poppycock.

skeptic
Saintsational Legend

I think when you’re in the arena of telling people the right and wrong ways of how they should support the club, what is a ‘good supporter’ and how they should express themselves...
Well it has a very controlling feel to it doesn’t it?

Right alongside the forumites saying don’t start threads about this topic and don’t question that.

Unless it’s spamming the board... live and let live IMO

st.byron
Saintsational Legend

That went well.
A good reminder to stay out of personal politics on here. Its been much more enjoyable not doing that. Smart arse comments aren’t worth it. It’s only ever a descent.
My apologies for my part in it on this occasion.

st.byron
Saintsational Legend

The Fireman wrote: Tue 13 Apr 2021 4:09pm This place is gradually becoming more unfriendly..threads like this are the main cause I believe.
Fireman, it’s actually heaps less aggressive than it used to be. The keyboard warrior vibe is still though, alive and well, just to a lesser extent. Agree with you it’s unpleasant.

skeptic
Saintsational Legend

st.byron wrote: Tue 13 Apr 2021 4:36pm That went well.
A good reminder to stay out of personal politics on here. Its been much more enjoyable not doing that. Smart arse comments aren’t worth it. It’s only ever a descent.
By and large I think the overwhelming majority of forumites see this place for what it is... an arena for Saints fans to post what they think and feel. They realise that their opinions are just that and generally enjoy discussing and debating different ideas.

Unfortunately then you have this tiny minority that have this heightened perspective... bordering on grandiose... of what their role and influence is here.

You have the super loyal supporter whose character and contribution is more significant and better than that of others... other people’s criticisms reflect their poor character and the club would be better off without those supports but when they rip into players it’s done in the right spirit
Don’t start this thread, lay off that player and coach etc or there’s my favourite ‘the club knows best’

And don’t forget the super observant forumite... the one that thinks their particular observations are more astute than the result... ‘mate I’ve seen Joyce play and the club signed him so you’re a fool for thinking he isn’t great’ and ‘McCartin will be redrafted for sure and is something special’

And don’t forget the special scoop forumite that just has all the inside words and derides anyone else that posts goss different to their goss

There’s a few other variations to it as well but pretty much the one thing they all have in common is that they’re all just pains on the butt to deal with and 9/10 posts are just telling other people what they should and shouldn’t say

By and large the majority have left in recent years and there’s not too many ppl left that are frequently getting into fights with everyone and flipping forumites the bird every time they don’t agree with something

Place is IMO a lot more civilised

asiu
Saintsational Legend

ya can’t say that Skeptic

or at least
not like that !!

:P

saynta
Saintsational Legend

st.byron wrote: Tue 13 Apr 2021 4:36pm That went well.
You're forgiven :wink: .

CQ SAINT
Saintsational Legend

I have no problems with the criticism of players or the coach, when it is warranted and balanced against what they have achieved.
The Essendon game was an anomaly, not the norm for this current football department era.
I just can't stand all the sooking.

CQ SAINT
Saintsational Legend

saynta wrote: Tue 13 Apr 2021 3:43pm
Well at least some of us know what's going on or at least think they do while others including the OP just insult posters then spend the next week trying to justify their crappy post.

And you never intentional insult anyone. What a f****** joke. Guess you didn't mean your quoted post to be insulting. What utter bulls***. :roll: :roll:

For my part I gave up trying to understand anyone on this forum before the turn of the century and these days I don't give a tuppenny f***. Don't like my posts? Then don't f****** read them.
Saynta. 🖕