Coffield Jones Joyce Wood for Frawley Highmore Ross Lonie

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

Wayne42
Saintsational Legend

Re: Coffield Jones Joyce Wood for Frawley Highmore Ross Lonie

The_Dud wrote: Fri 14 May 2021 7:23pm We’re going to miss Coff’s intercept marking in the backline.
3 intercept marks in 8 games in 2021, he will be missed.

The Saints are under review, will it make any difference to the underachievers ?
Beno88
SS Hall of Fame

Impatient Sainter wrote: Fri 14 May 2021 2:13pm
CURLY wrote: Fri 14 May 2021 11:15am
perfectionist wrote: Fri 14 May 2021 10:25am The problem with Nick Coffield, and with Hunter Clark for that matter, is that other than each other, there probably isn't a single player in the AFL who either could chase down. Therefore, a backline with both is woefully slow. Hunter Clark has more stings to his bow, although is not as good a mark. Personally, I would have persisted with Darragh Joyce, but that's solely on last week's game. Injuries are inevitable - especially at the Saints, but a settled backline is crucial for success. It's where the sum of the whole can be much greater than the sum of the parts.
Simply not true.
It is more than accurate, both are 'treacle slow' its just Clark has good vision and lateral movement which gives him time. Coffield is slower again and gets exposed constantly for his lack of speed. I tend to agree with Gerard Healy on Coffield he was a poor top 10 selection.

Most players taken in that 2017 draft year will have more impact as AFL players than Coffield taken at pick #8.

The list is endless Naughton, Brander, Bailey, Richards, Higgins, Starcevich, Powell, Coleman-Jones, Kelly, Balta, Ryan, Taylor, Spargo De Koning, Fritsch, McCartin, Naish, Petrucelle, Ballard, Paton, Payne even Geulfi taken at#76 has more AFL qualities than Coffield.

Our recruiting continues to be abysmal at the club, there are no other ways of explaining it.
Handful of average games and he’s the worst player in his draft. Your username couldn’t be more accurate.

perfectionist
Saintsational Legend

Can't understand why Tom Highmore played instead of Darragh Joyce. And BTW, Jimmy Webster is a complete dud.

Ghost Like
Saintsational Legend

I'm not sure we pulled the right reign tonight with Frawley & Highmore. Lonie impressed but then again he always does first up after a spell.

Coffield needed to play, he's 3 times the player of Highmore & Joyce is more prepared for today's game than Frawley.

The Barometer
Club Player

B.M wrote: Fri 14 May 2021 6:25pm I agree

Coffield has been poor this season, too much of a confidence player for my liking.
What are you agreeing if with ? Yourself?

Confidence grows at a different pace for people and can be a slow burn but so rewarding if you are patient. If you have not been a mentor/coach/teacher you might not understand this.
Coffields ability read of the play, take the game on and execute a tough kick under pressure are to my liking and can’t be taught. . Hope we back him so he becomes confident.