Watts Jack been up to???

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

Joffa Burns
Saintsational Legend

Watts Jack been up to???

Warrant issued for ex-Port Adelaide star Jack Watts’ arrest after court failed to find him
Former AFL star and No.1 draft pick Jack Watts has had a warrant issued for his arrest after SA authorities had trouble finding him.

A warrant has been issued for the arrest of former AFL star and number 1 draft pick Jack Watts after a South Australian court struggled to locate him and issue a summons for him to appear.

The 30-year-old — whose full name is Jackson Redvers Watts — had his case listed in the Adelaide Magistrates Court on Monday after he was charged with failing to stop and give particulars to persons at a crash scene, failing to report the crash to police and driving without due care.

The former Port Adelaide and Melbourne Football Club player was allegedly driving a Toyota Kluger along Coral Sea Road in Fulham when he crashed into a parked Mazda Sedan at about 2pm on September 20 last year and failed to stop.

His immediate retirement from the AFL was announced on September 24 — just four days after the alleged incident.

Mr Watts, who moved back to Melbourne after his retirement, did not appear in court but the matter was called on by Magistrate Simon Smart.

The court heard the defendant’s summons had not been served because there were issues locating him.

Magistrate Smart said several attempts were made to track him down and believed he was living in Mentone in Victoria.

A warrant was issued for his arrest, allowing automatic police bail once he is located.

According to Port Adelaide Football Club, Mr Watts notified the club of his decision to retire the same week of the alleged incident.

“I have been thinking long and hard about my future for a while and contemplating retirement,” Watts said at the time.

“Since my injury, I feel my body has let me down and I have been struggling with the physical and mental requirements of getting back to the level of fitness that’s required at AFL level.

“Speaking with Ken (Hinkley) and Chris (Davies) and my manager in the last few weeks, it feels like the right decision for me to step away and look for new challenges in the next phase of my life.”

Mr Watts was drafted at pick 1 to the Melbourne Football Club in 2008 an debuted the following year.

He moved to play at Alberton Oval in the 2017 trade period where he played 21 games for the Power before sustaining a serious leg injury, partially dislocating his right ankle and breaking his leg, in March 2019.

Across his 12-year career in the AFL, he played 174 games and kicked 161 goals.

Balding Watts supporting one of the worst 70's hair dos since Bob Hawke said "I was no Nick Reiwoldt, but at least I was better than Paddy McCartin" whne asked about his No.1 draft pick status by Saintsational Fan Forum

Proudly assuming the title of forum Oracle and serving as the inaugural Saintsational ‘weak as piss brigade’ President.
Ghost Like
Saintsational Legend

Re: Watts Jack been up to???

Someone in S.A. doesn't like him for that to make a news story. I doubt he's living off the grid & can't be found. I also doubt these charges are worthy of extradition between states.

saynta
Saintsational Legend

Warrant is not much good if he is in Victoria. Can't extradite for those pissy offences. Get a lawyer Jack and tell em to eff off.

saynta
Saintsational Legend

Ghost Like wrote: Mon 24 May 2021 3:37pm Someone in S.A. doesn't like him for that to make a news story. I doubt he's living off the grid & can't be found. I also doubt these charges are worthy of extradition between states.
No they are not.

kosifantutti
Saintsational Legend

Do we have any games in Adelaide after the mid season draft?

Macquarie Dictionary Word of the Year for 2023 "Kosi Lives"
SAINT-LEE
Club Player

Soooo you're saying we should offer him a 4 year contract at $800k a year?

Joffa Burns
Saintsational Legend

SAINT-LEE wrote: Mon 24 May 2021 5:12pm Soooo you're saying we should offer him a 4 year contract at $800k a year?
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Proudly assuming the title of forum Oracle and serving as the inaugural Saintsational ‘weak as piss brigade’ President.