Nathan Freeman

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

bangaulegend
SS Hall of Fame

Re: Nathan Freeman

Joffa Burns wrote: Mon 24 May 2021 6:50pm
saynta wrote: Sun 23 May 2021 4:58pm
damienc wrote: Sun 23 May 2021 3:11pm Many of the comments about Nathan Freeman, on this thread are just so ill informed.

Nathan has played one full game of AFL footy. St Kilda recruited him, fixed his hamstrings, played him in one game ( from memory he did alright) and delisted him.

Can he play AFL footy? Who knows. Maybe.

He's now playing VFL for Frankston as an inside midfielder, averaging more than 40 possessions a game. Now that quite frankly is leather poisoning.

Ok the two's are not AFL. There is a vast difference in quality and ability.

The concern was/is that NF lost his breakaway speed because of his leg issues.

In the limited highlights of his performances that I saw with Frankston, he did not look slow to me.

More importantly he kicks with razor like precision so his possessions are not wasted.

Is he worth another go with St Kilda? Worth a serious look IMO.
Fair comment imho.
We have a unique opportunity to draft young talent who missed out last year, some must have missed out due to the covid interruption, and instead of drafting youth, people want to add Freeman to a list that is devoid of young developing talent and includes Frawley, Hannebery, Wood, Mckernan, Kent, Hunter, not to mention two of our best mids who have struggled to get on the park in the last two years in Jones & Gresham.

I really don't get it, but it's so StKilda they'll probably do it.
Might as well grab Paddy McCartin for another crack while we are at it.

I will spew like Terry Wallace if we waste another opportunity on mature aged hasbeens or weren't good enoughs.
Could not have said it better myself spot on

damienc
Club Player

bangaulegend wrote: Mon 24 May 2021 9:40pm
damienc wrote: Sun 23 May 2021 3:11pm Many of the comments about Nathan Freeman, on this thread are just so ill informed.

Nathan has played one full game of AFL footy. St Kilda recruited him, fixed his hamstrings, played him in one game ( from memory he did alright) and delisted him.

He's now playing VFL for Frankston as an inside midfielder, averaging more than 40 possessions a game. Now that quite frankly is leather poisoning.

In the limited highlights of his performances that I saw with Frankston, he did not look slow to me.

More importantly he kicks with razor like precision so his possessions are not wasted.

Fair comment imho.

I will spew like Terry Wallace if we waste another opportunity on mature aged hasbeens or weren't good enoughs.
Ok. Just so I'm clear on what you are saying. NF is a mature aged has been and a not good enough, based on 1 game of AFL footy.

Are you serious?
Last edited by damienc on Mon 24 May 2021 10:06pm, edited 1 time in total.

B.M
Saintsational Legend

Is Brodie Mihocek in that category??

bangaulegend
SS Hall of Fame

IMO we need to start with youth I don't see the point of picking up recycled players when we are at the stage we are at. I have nothing against Nathan but we need fresh new talent because the cupboard is bare

Joffa Burns
Saintsational Legend

damienc wrote: Mon 24 May 2021 10:00pm
bangaulegend wrote: Mon 24 May 2021 9:40pm

Fair comment imho.

Ok. Just so I'm clear on what you are saying. NF is a mature aged has been and a not good enough, based on 1 game of AFL footy.

Are you serious?
6 years on an AFL list and couldn’t get his body right.
His elite trait was breakaway speed.
Is now an average paced inside mid with very good hands.
Can’t or doesn’t kick over 30 meters.
Watch him play, don’t look at highlights and stats sheets and give me the reason why he should be chosen.
1 match in 6 seasons is what you are saying, how do you view that as a positive warranting another shot?
Last edited by Joffa Burns on Mon 24 May 2021 10:44pm, edited 1 time in total.

Proudly assuming the title of forum Oracle and serving as the inaugural Saintsational ‘weak as piss brigade’ President.
Joffa Burns
Saintsational Legend

B.M wrote: Mon 24 May 2021 10:06pm Is Brodie Mihocek in that category??
As a comparison to Freeman?

Proudly assuming the title of forum Oracle and serving as the inaugural Saintsational ‘weak as piss brigade’ President.
CURLY
Saintsational Legend

Sam Menengola drafted by two clubs couldn’t get a game. Kept working on his game worked at his strengths. Drafted by Geelong as a 23 year old.

But hey let’s write off a bloke dominating the next highest level available.

NO IFS OR BUTS HARVS IS KING OF THE AFL
Joffa Burns
Saintsational Legend

CURLY wrote: Mon 24 May 2021 9:38pm
Joffa Burns wrote: Mon 24 May 2021 9:19pm
CURLY wrote: Mon 24 May 2021 8:41pm
Joffa Burns wrote: Mon 24 May 2021 6:41pm
CURLY wrote: Mon 24 May 2021 10:50am
Joffa Burns wrote: Sat 22 May 2021 4:05pm
CURLY wrote: Fri 21 May 2021 9:36pm
Joffa Burns wrote: Fri 21 May 2021 7:39pm
CURLY wrote: Fri 21 May 2021 6:40pm
Joffa Burns wrote: Fri 21 May 2021 6:05pm
CURLY wrote: Fri 21 May 2021 2:21pm Obviously his car is making up for inadequacy in other areas.
You're online Curly, has the sawmill shut down for the weekend?
Shouldn’t you be at Bingo.
Yep, Just getting ready & waiting for a text from your mum

Curly knows bingo 😂😂😂😂😭
Gee I didn’t know my mum knew the Oracle. Wait til I tell my mates at the footy.
Know her? .......

Come on Curly, I've ignored your bulls*** in the past but pretending you have mates is going one step too far! I've heard even the other blokes & girls at the Sawmill can't stand old umpire bashing 'no thumbs' Curly.

BTW - found this pic of you at the footy, Curly :wink:

ImageImage
Won't see me yelling at the football Oracle that would be very unprofessional in my role. The old sawmill joke coming out again. Cmon Oracle time to head down the rec room for some line dancing for you.
So spamming the forum about umpires cheating is OK, but yelling at the footy is unprofessional? :lol: :lol:
It would take me about 3 minutes to find your name in a Google search with what you have posted on this site and link it back to you, but its ok on the internet but not over the fence?

You need to undertake some of the social responsibility classes pretty much every elite program puts their athletes through, anything you post can be traced back to you, regardless of your online persona.

Oh BTW, you think I'm old because I'm retired hey?
I reckon we are of the same vintage Curly, difference is I'm retired and you're still sawing logs :wink:

Curly knows professionalism :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Again with the logs Oracle. Just for the record owning a mill or a logging contract is very good money.
I'm not suggesting you own the Mill no thumbs, I'm intimating your role would be sweeping up the dust and shavings or debarking the logs.

So back to the topic, why is it ok to public accuse umpires on the internet of cheating, but not yell at the footy due to your position & professionalism? Isn't that hypocritical? You do understand it is easy to track people down who misbehave on the internet in this modern day and age.

So I repeat, why is it ok to abuse anonymously but not say a word in real life Curly?

Curly knows logs :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

I’m not sure the AFL trawls through Internet forums to see who’s saying naughty things Oracle. But then again Oracle you’d know as your all knowing all doing.

Again with the sawmill jokes you buzzard. You must really be a shallow person to judge people on their job status. Or even worse to think people are inferior because of their monetary status.

You shallow shallow man.
Let's summarize the type of person you are Curly:

- You don't yell at the footy because it would be unprofessional for a person in your (footy) position to do so.

- But it is ok to spam this and whatever other football forum week after week, year after year with emotive, vitriolic, teenage girl style hysteria about the integrity of the AFL & the umpiring fraternity accusing them of cheating and conspiracy against the St Kilda FC, even when instructed by the forum administrator not to do so.

I understand your intelligence level is sub par of a normal functioning adult, however your statement about professionalism at the ground and above comments around saying naughty things on line proves you know your behavior on this forum is wrong and you would face consequences if you did this at a live game or say a training session.

So as long as you have the anonymity of a fan forum you will carry on like a 12 year old girl bitten by a spider while fully knowing your behavior would have consequences surrounding your (AFL Football) position should you conduct yourself in this manner in the "real world".

You are definitely a weasel Curly, I hope you behave better at the saw mill than you do on this site.
I also hope the saw mill doesn't have a forum or old no thumbs would be out of a job!

<1 week ban for commenting negatively and extensively on another poster>

CURLY
Saintsational Legend

Joffa Burns wrote: Tue 25 May 2021 1:41pm
CURLY wrote: Fri 21 May 2021 2:21pm Obviously his car is making up for inadequacy in other areas.

Curly knows bingo 😂😂😂😂😭
Gee I didn’t know my mum knew the Oracle. Wait til I tell my mates at the footy.
Know her? .......

Come on Curly, I've ignored your bulls*** in the past but pretending you have mates is going one step too far! I've heard even the other blokes & girls at the Sawmill can't stand old umpire bashing 'no thumbs' Curly.

ImageImage
Won't see me yelling at the football Oracle that would be very unprofessional in my role. The old sawmill joke coming out again. Cmon Oracle time to head down the rec room for some line dancing for you.
So spamming the forum about umpires cheating is OK, but yelling at the footy is unprofessional? :lol: :lol:
It would take me about 3 minutes to find your name in a Google search with what you have posted on this site and link it back to you, but its ok on the internet but not over the fence?

You need to undertake some of the social responsibility classes pretty much every elite program puts their athletes through, anything you post can be traced back to you, regardless of your online persona.

I reckon we are of the same vintage Curly, difference is I'm retired and you're still sawing logs :wink:

Again with the logs Oracle. Just for the record owning a mill or a logging contract is very good money.
I'm not suggesting you own the Mill no thumbs, I'm intimating your role would be sweeping up the dust and shavings or debarking the logs.

So back to the topic, why is it ok to public accuse umpires on the internet of cheating, but not yell at the footy due to your position & professionalism? Isn't that hypocritical? You do understand it is easy to track people down who misbehave on the internet in this modern day and age.

So I repeat, why is it ok to abuse anonymously but not say a word in real life Curly?

I’m not sure the AFL trawls through Internet forums to see who’s saying naughty things Oracle. But then again Oracle you’d know as your all knowing all doing.

Again with the sawmill jokes you buzzard. You must really be a shallow person to judge people on their job status. Or even worse to think people are inferior because of their monetary status.

You shallow shallow man.

- You don't yell at the footy because it would be unprofessional for a person in your (footy) position to do so.

- But it is ok to spam this and whatever other football forum week after week, year after year with emotive, vitriolic, teenage girl style hysteria about the integrity of the AFL & the umpiring fraternity accusing them of cheating and conspiracy against the St Kilda FC, even when instructed by the forum administrator not to do so.

I understand your intelligence level is sub par of a normal functioning adult, however your statement about professionalism at the ground and above comments around saying naughty things on line proves you know your behavior on this forum is wrong and you would face consequences if you did this at a live game or say a training session.

So as long as you have the anonymity of a fan forum you will carry on like a 12 year old girl bitten by a spider while fully knowing your behavior would have consequences surrounding your (AFL Football) position should you conduct yourself in this manner in the "real world".

You are definitely a weasel Curly, I hope you behave better at the saw mill than you do on this site.
I also hope the saw mill doesn't have a forum or old no thumbs would be out of a job!
Oh Oracle the grand master again with your sawmill comments. Look I get it you don't like to be proven wrong or to be caught out lying which again you have been. I'm neither intimidated by your bullying or insulted by your childish character defamation. You're nothing but a bigot and a bully.

Should I play along Oracle and come and see you at the 7/11 you work at or production line you work on? You know you live in the city so that must be your job. Hey Oracle.

Joffa Burns
Saintsational Legend

CURLY wrote: Tue 25 May 2021 1:56pm

Curly knows bingo 😂😂😂😂😭
Know her? .......

ImageImage

You shallow shallow man.

Oh Oracle the grand master again with your sawmill comments. Look I get it you don't like to be proven wrong or to be caught out lying which again you have been. I'm neither intimidated by your bullying or insulted by your childish character defamation. You're nothing but a bigot and a bully.

Should I play along Oracle and come and see you at the 7/11 you work at or production line you work on? You know you live in the city so that must be your job. Hey Oracle.
Again ignoring the facts and commentary of the post Curly.

Curly's reality....

1. Wont yell at the footy as its unprofessional and would affect your (AFL) position
2. Makes accusations on a football forum about Umpires & AFL officials that would have him lose his (AFL) position and face defamation if not published under the umbrella of anonymity.

Weasel and keyboard warrior of the highest standard.

You also know I'm retired, but maybe it was from a production line or a retail outlet, both which are honorable and gainful employment, I'm surprised a person of your intellect would belittle these vocations.

And you really don't seem to know where I live, have another crack at it.
I'll give you a clue, same suburb name in two different cities!

CURLY
Saintsational Legend

Joffa Burns wrote: Tue 25 May 2021 2:03pm

Curly knows bingo 😂😂😂😂😭
Know her? .......

ImageImage

You shallow shallow man.

Curly's reality....

1. Wont yell at the footy as its unprofessional and would affect your (AFL) position
2. Makes accusations on a football forum about Umpires & AFL officials that would have him lose his (AFL) position and face defamation if not published under the umbrella of anonymity.

You also know I'm retired, but maybe it was from a production line or a retail outlet, both which are honorable and gainful employment, I'm surprised a person of your intellect would belittle these vocations.

You make the bold assumption that I care where you live trust me I don't. I also don't give one seconds thought to your past your current employment. I don't care what you've done or what you have. What I do know is that you try and bully people on a forum which typifies a weasel.

Just continue your bullying trust me I don't mind it's actually humerous. :D

magnifisaint
Saintsational Legend

Eli Templeton is available!

Posting 20 years of holey crap!
saynta
Saintsational Legend

Poor Nathan. Coping s*** for playing good footy in the VFL, and even before he actually nominated for the mid season draft. Some people have no sense of humanity or decency, IMHO that is.

Joffa Burns
Saintsational Legend

CURLY wrote: Tue 25 May 2021 2:14pm

Curly knows bingo 😂😂😂😂😭
Know her? .......

ImageImage

You shallow shallow man.

Curly's reality....

You make the bold assumption that I care where you live trust me I don't. I also don't give one seconds thought to your past your current employment. I don't care what you've done or what you have. What I do know is that you try and bully people on a forum which typifies a weasel.

Humerous?

Are you referring to the bone in the upper arm or something comical?
You appear stuck at a combination between both.
I think Eli Templeton broke his humerus in a match, so perhaps this was meant for the Eli thread?

I reiterate, you are again ignoring the facts and commentary of the post Curly.

Curly's reality....

Given your ill-fated attempt at re-gifting the Weasel term, the truth obviously hurts your feeling.

You know you are a Weasel & a key board warrior, if you weren't you'd post the umpire comments in your given name not anonymously. You should stop trying to hypnotize chooks!

CURLY
Saintsational Legend

Joffa Burns wrote: Tue 25 May 2021 2:39pm
CURLY wrote: Tue 25 May 2021 2:14pm

Curly knows bingo 😂😂😂😂😭
Know her? .......

ImageImage

You shallow shallow man.

Curly's reality....

Humerous?

Are you referring to the bone in the upper arm or something comical?
You appear stuck at a combination between both.
I think Eli Templeton broke his humerus in a match, so perhaps this was meant for the Eli thread?

I reiterate, you are again ignoring the facts and commentary of the post Curly.

Curly's reality....

Given your ill-fated attempt at re-gifting the Weasel term, the truth obviously hurts your feeling.

You know you are a Weasel & a key board warrior, if you weren't you'd post the umpire comments in your given name not anonymously. You should stop trying to hypnotize chooks!
s*** you are actually the real Joffa Burns. I'm so sorry Joffa.

Ghost Like
Saintsational Legend

Any chance you two can stop quoting each other? Or the forum put some kind of block in after two quotes. Very annoying for those who, stupidly, took the time to engage in this topic.

bangaulegend
SS Hall of Fame

saynta wrote: Tue 25 May 2021 2:24pm Poor Nathan. Coping s*** for playing good footy in the VFL, and even before he actually nominated for the mid season draft. Some people have no sense of humanity or decency, IMHO that is.
I wasn't bagging him I hope he goes on to have a successful AFL career but IMO I don't think he is the right fit for us at ATM

SaintPav
Saintsational Legend

Ghost Like wrote: Tue 25 May 2021 8:21pm Any chance you two can stop quoting each other? Or the forum put some kind of block in after two quotes. Very annoying for those who, stupidly, took the time to engage in this topic.
What was the fight about again?

Some real sad s*** on here these days. A bit like the Saints really.

Sad.

Holder of unacceptable views and other thought crimes.
B.M
Saintsational Legend

And this thread is the reason quoting is ridiculous

Unreadable

freely
SS Hall of Fame

Yet here we are!

The_Dud
Saintsational Legend

Sad to see Joffa get the axe, hopefully he gets reincarnated in some form.

I tried to warn him, it's not just St Kilda that has a group of untouchables running around.

All posters are equal, but some posters are more equal than others.
asiu
Saintsational Legend

he didn’t get the axe
just a weeks holiday

he should get the axe for voting Tory butt :P

on the other matter ,
bringing someone’s mum into things
has a long history of not ending positively

out with mumism
came the cry from the peanut gallery

.name the ways , thought manipulates the State of Presence away.

.tipara waranta kani nina-tu.
asiu
Saintsational Legend

or

possibly

i’m into mumism

shite ,
now i’m confused

The_Dud
Saintsational Legend

asiu wrote: Wed 26 May 2021 2:40pm he didn’t get the axe
just a weeks holiday

he should get the axe for voting Tory butt :P

on the other matter ,
bringing someone’s mum into things
has a long history of not ending positively

out with mumism
came the cry from the peanut gallery
3 strikes (over 17 odd years) and you're out unfortunately.

All posters are equal, but some posters are more equal than others.
asiu
Saintsational Legend

haha .. gawn

he’ll be right

if that nick muppet can re incarnate 90 different
id’s , surely THE Oracle Returns
is already being registered Shirley