Will changes be significant ?

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

WellardSaint
Saintsational Legend
Location: Perth- the best weather in Oz, but the worst rednecks.

Re: Will changes be significant ?

Saynta, that's a **** horrible thing to do to a kid.
Bloody sadists, and the worse thing is, the Brothers foster those types, and attract them to their ranks.
Absolute horror.
Unbelievable

A real Sainter will pledge allegiance to the ❤🤍🖤 and despise the Pies, the Blues, and the Injectors.
Remember one of the 10 Commandments : Thou shalt have no other team before thee
tony74
SS Hall of Fame

lewdogs wrote: Thu 27 May 2021 8:00pm What is the injury to Clark?
Groin- at training. Kent slowly recovering from concussion got totally cleaned up. Hannebery doing more than he’s done since pre-season.

Yorkeys
Saintsational Legend

"Soft tissue" injuries continue to wreak havoc on top players. Just bad luck? How's that Moorabbin surface?

Does bad luck ever turn or is it never a nil sum game.

Hannebery doing more. Pleasing, round 23 re-entrance to the game would be so ironic, particularly if its a contract trigger event.

saynta
Saintsational Legend

WellardSaint wrote: Thu 27 May 2021 8:17pm Saynta, that's a **** horrible thing to do to a kid.
Bloody sadists, and the worse thing is, the Brothers foster those types, and attract them to their ranks.
Absolute horror.
Unbelievable
The same prick gave me 6 cuts for moving on parade one day when.we were practising for a st pats day.march.

I was in the cadets band and played a calvary bugle.

It was after school.hours. I moved because the base drum player kept hitting me in.the stomach with.his drum.stick

The band leader was the school.captain and he reported me.
The next day, I was summoned.

Broke all the veins in.my wrists. My.mother had a fit and packed all my cadet gear back in my duffle bag and dumped it in the school.office.End of my cadet days fortunately.
Loved my mum. hated that prick for years.

Funny thing is I went to a School reunion a couple of years ago and the prick was there.
Evidently he was a former student at the school when.the brothers recruited him at a young age.

Don't know if he remembered me but he said when looking at an.old Blue and Gold, the schools annual report, he let slip that one.of the brothers was a fearsome man and regularly was free and easy with the strap.

Their straps were two strips of leather sown together with a lead piece in the.middle. I agree with you f****** sadists really.

I left feeling sorry for the prick.
He was just carrying on.the brutality that he was subjected to as a student. A lot like DV perpetrators

These days the pricks would end up in court on assault charges

But we digrees. Back to the saints.

magnifisaint
Saintsational Legend

Geezus you didn't go to DLS in Malvern?

Posting 20 years of holey crap!
saynta
Saintsational Legend

magnifisaint wrote: Thu 27 May 2021 9:07pm Geezus you didn't go to DLS in Malvern?
What makes you say that?

The_Dud
Saintsational Legend

Pathetic changes really. Butler and Hill remain untouched, the usual whipping boys in Bytel and Lonie get dropped. Pity about Clark, but glad to see Coff back in. Hopefully Dunstan proves a few doubters wrong.

All posters are equal, but some posters are more equal than others.
shanegrambeau
Saintsational Legend

The_Dud wrote: Thu 27 May 2021 9:55pm Pathetic changes really. Butler and Hill remain untouched, the usual whipping boys in Bytel and Lonie get dropped. Pity about Clark, but glad to see Coff back in. Hopefully Dunstan proves a few doubters wrong.
Yep,
It’s just two changes,..two fringe players making way for two fringe players

Dunstan played North last time and played well.
Coffield is just a token dropping...
Wood an ex-North player so, that old rule applies...I call it the Kent rule ...they’ll play better against their old team

Bytel and Lonie are the two drops.
Dunstan and Wood the ins.

Nothing revolutionary. Neither Dunstan or Wood will be in our quadriple flag streak from 2023-2026. I can guarantee it.

Wood, Butler, Higgins, Hill etc., just too good to drop.

You're quite brilliant Shane, yeah..terrific!
saynta
Saintsational Legend

Wood too good to drop?

Scollop
Saintsational Legend

Hill should have been dropped after we lost to Melbourne and Essendon. King should have been dropped 5 weeks ago. The sores aren't healing they're festering

CURLY
Saintsational Legend

Scollop wrote: Thu 27 May 2021 11:36pm Hill should have been dropped after we lost to Melbourne and Essendon. King should have been dropped 5 weeks ago. The sores aren't healing they're festering
You mean after King kicked 5?

NO IFS OR BUTS HARVS IS KING OF THE AFL
Scollop
Saintsational Legend

5 weeks ago or 6 or whatever. I meant he was poor again last week.King is lacking confidence and I think they are going about it the wrong way

I wouldn't mind so much if All our young players were treated like him

He's in development mode and if it's ok to drop Bytel and Not give Bytel consistent games then all players should be treated equally.

I'd be more worried about losing Bytel when he's ooc more than I am worried about losing King

WellardSaint
Saintsational Legend
Location: Perth- the best weather in Oz, but the worst rednecks.

Saynta, what happened to you was obviously criminal.
At the time, it was encouraged in order 'to keep unruly boys in line' but moving cos you were getting hit doesn't deserve any penalty at all.
The cuts were so over the top, is just proof that they were damaged, as you said.

We used to cop it a bit at CBC as well.
A few times, guys copped it for wagging school and other minor indiscretions.
One fave method of the Bros was to do it in front of the whole class, but make all of us stand up and turn our backs during the violence.
We could hear the whacks and heard the guys rubbing their hands furiously after each whack. Maybe rubbing palm on shirt or shorts to ease the sting.
It sent a very strong message to all of us

A real Sainter will pledge allegiance to the ❤🤍🖤 and despise the Pies, the Blues, and the Injectors.
Remember one of the 10 Commandments : Thou shalt have no other team before thee
repta
Club Player

Awesome STATEMENT Saints

Drop the perpetual whipping boy (lonie)
Up and coming marginal player (bytel)
Player that should back from retirement (frawley) who has been excused with injury
And a player that is not AFL worthy (listed with a sore toe)

magnifisaint
Saintsational Legend

saynta wrote: Thu 27 May 2021 9:12pm
magnifisaint wrote: Thu 27 May 2021 9:07pm Geezus you didn't go to DLS in Malvern?
What makes you say that?
Blue and Gold

magnifisaint
Saintsational Legend

WellardSaint wrote: Thu 27 May 2021 11:55pm Saynta, what happened to you was obviously criminal.
At the time, it was encouraged in order 'to keep unruly boys in line' but moving cos you were getting hit doesn't deserve any penalty at all.
The cuts were so over the top, is just proof that they were damaged, as you said.

One fave method of the Bros was to do it in front of the whole class, but make all of us stand up and turn our backs during the violence.
We could hear the whacks and heard the guys rubbing their hands furiously after each whack. Maybe rubbing palm on shirt or shorts to ease the sting.
Those brothers were all a bunch of arseholes.

minneapolis
Club Player

saynta wrote: Thu 27 May 2021 2:29pm
WellardSaint wrote: Thu 27 May 2021 12:53pm We each had a gun or pistol for the camp, and had to strip and clean it each night.
I had an L1A1 rifle that I proudly carted around. I think it was the successor to the 0.303.
On the range, we each got to use all the guns, including a hand-held machine gun (M50?) that had a barrel with an outer pipe that had holes all around for cooling. On automatic, it wanted to rotate in your hands :shock:

Never had any leeches, the only water was at the obstacle course, that woulda been horrible.

I fully understand the Brothers thing, as I went to CBC about 2-3 years ahead of Eddie Maguire. Never ever met him.
Brothers could be incredibly harsh n overbearing, their attitude was always that boys were like feisty horses that needed to be whipped into shape, and what u say exactly fits their own standards. I reckon they wanna punish boys for their own life choices of the cloth, like 'I'm miserable, so i'm gonna make you unhappy too'.
Remember that 'give me a boy for 5 years, and I'll give u a man for life' or something.

The military with us were all NCOs, no officers.
These folk were career desk jockeys, had absorbed the public service ethos of 'near enough is good enough' and cruising a bit (like Benny Hill).
They did get us up at 5am each day by starting a 5-ton truck and leaning on the horn for half a minute, giving us a strict time-frame to get up and organize ourselves.
One year at Pucka, one of the cadets was using a target drawn on one of the hut walls for target practice with his bayonet until one of the brothers who had some sort of officer status in the cadets, caught him

He lined us all in on the parade ground and made the cadet bend over and then started whacking him on the arse with his wooden baton or swagger stick until the poor kids nose bleed like a leaking tap.

A horrible memory imprinted on my mind even some 60 years later.

Bet the kid had hatred imprinted on his mind as well as welts on his butt.

Yeah they were cruel bastards. De la Salle Brothers , nothing Christian about them at all.
I had 6 years at Sacred Heart with the Currant Buns and 6 years at CBC with the Child Molestors.

What a bunch of vicious pricks. A couple of the younger ones were alright but the older ones were shrunken and twisted. Their methods were 100 years out of date.

I reckon that CBC was a anti-Catholic factory. I would say more atheists (me) came out of there than true believers. The hypocrisy was blatant and daily.

Any guy who had the spirit to stand up to them was just expelled - end of story. Weak as piss I reckon.

Cadets was great for new experiences and the sport OK but the rest was just tolerated.

I was at Pucka for a week. Wasn't there a mound nearby used for punishment called Nipple Hill?

And I don't remember any hot showers at all. Not that it bothered me, the place was a furnace.

Nothing better than a good Dad Joke.
CarlD
Club Player

Re-arranging the deckchair changes by and large.

I would have thought it was in the club's longer term interests to get as many games into Bytel as possible. Yes, he going to have games where he is down but they need to give him a good go at it.

Can only go on what I read on here but am surprised that Connolly hasn't had a run by now as well and I would even give Joyce a run in the forward line before some others.

maverick
Saintsational Legend

Why not move players around
What’s not working
Kick outs - just because Howard can kick long doesn’t mean he knows which option to pick
Battle - has struggled up forward or on a wing. Either drop him or put him back
2nd forward - with Marshall injured all year we need another one. Battle is not it. Why not try Howard forward and 2nd ruck
King - if he’s not getting it forward and his effort is questionable, throw him in the ruck for a while. Yes he is 20 but he won’t get beat up around the ground, in the centre square maybe. If there is questionable effort around the ground he needs a rest. We can’t accept pick and choose effort
Hill - he plays on the wing or he doesn’t. He can’t defend so shouldn’t play back. Put the acid on him, no free passes
Coffield- lucky to be back, has to show intensity
Clavarino - give him a 3 week block to show something
Connelly - where is he?
Lonie over butler - terrible decision, butler has given us half the output lonie has. His selfless effort in the middle against Geelong deserves more
Bytel - gutless for mine. Gutless because they want a win against north, not a win against a top 8 side.

Club is gunshy and has taken a weak route for mine

saynta
Saintsational Legend

magnifisaint wrote: Fri 28 May 2021 1:09am
saynta wrote: Thu 27 May 2021 9:12pm
What makes you say that?
Blue and Gold
Yep.from 1955 to 1962. The prick that belted me had a brother who was one of the top umpires during that period. Maybe that's why I despise them so much. :roll: :wink: :wink:

saynta
Saintsational Legend

magnifisaint wrote: Fri 28 May 2021 1:10am
WellardSaint wrote: Thu 27 May 2021 11:55pm Saynta, what happened to you was obviously criminal.

Those brothers were all a bunch of arseholes.
You got that right. When I was just a tiny tot, I also got belted by a nun who caught me standing on a bench looking out a window.

That's what sexual frustration does to both sexes IMHFO, that is.

saynta
Saintsational Legend

minneapolis wrote: Fri 28 May 2021 3:05am
saynta wrote: Thu 27 May 2021 2:29pm
WellardSaint wrote: Thu 27 May 2021 12:53pm We each had a gun or pistol for the camp, and had to strip and clean it each night.
I had an L1A1 rifle that I proudly carted around. I think it was the successor to the 0.303.
On the range, we each got to use all the guns, including a hand-held machine gun (M50?) that had a barrel with an outer pipe that had holes all around for cooling. On automatic, it wanted to rotate in your hands :shock:

Never had any leeches, the only water was at the obstacle course, that woulda been horrible.

I fully understand the Brothers thing, as I went to CBC about 2-3 years ahead of Eddie Maguire. Never ever met him.
Brothers could be incredibly harsh n overbearing, their attitude was always that boys were like feisty horses that needed to be whipped into shape, and what u say exactly fits their own standards. I reckon they wanna punish boys for their own life choices of the cloth, like 'I'm miserable, so i'm gonna make you unhappy too'.
Remember that 'give me a boy for 5 years, and I'll give u a man for life' or something.

The military with us were all NCOs, no officers.
These folk were career desk jockeys, had absorbed the public service ethos of 'near enough is good enough' and cruising a bit (like Benny Hill).
They did get us up at 5am each day by starting a 5-ton truck and leaning on the horn for half a minute, giving us a strict time-frame to get up and organize ourselves.
One year at Pucka, one of the cadets was using a target drawn on one of the hut walls for target practice with his bayonet until one of the brothers who had some sort of officer status in the cadets, caught him

He lined us all in on the parade ground and made the cadet bend over and then started whacking him on the arse with his wooden baton or swagger stick until the poor kids nose bleed like a leaking tap.

A horrible memory imprinted on my mind even some 60 years later.

Bet the kid had hatred imprinted on his mind as well as welts on his butt.

Yeah they were cruel bastards. De la Salle Brothers , nothing Christian about them at all.
I had 6 years at Sacred Heart with the Currant Buns and 6 years at CBC with the Child Molestors.

What a bunch of vicious pricks. A couple of the younger ones were alright but the older ones were shrunken and twisted. Their methods were 100 years out of date.

I reckon that CBC was a anti-Catholic factory. I would say more atheists (me) came out of there than true believers. The hypocrisy was blatant and daily.

Any guy who had the spirit to stand up to them was just expelled - end of story. Weak as piss I reckon.

Cadets was great for new experiences and the sport OK but the rest was just tolerated.

I was at Pucka for a week. Wasn't there a mound nearby used for punishment called Nipple Hill?

And I don't remember any hot showers at all. Not that it bothered me, the place was a furnace.
Yeah there was.Remember it well. :lol: :wink:

Probably been removed by now for not being PC.

B.M
Saintsational Legend

Who exactly are we replacing the dropped players with?

Alabakis?!

I think we have three players available outside those picked

Ghost Like
Saintsational Legend

B.M wrote: Fri 28 May 2021 6:07pm Who exactly are we replacing the dropped players with?

Alabakis?!

I think we have three players available outside those picked
Does it matter? Anyone who didn't play last week could not try any less & all that should be expected is effort whilst wearing the jumper.